Any Runners around here? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Any Runners around here?

Hey all! I was just coming back from a short run and was wondering how many Mustang enthusiasts are runners! Whether you are track runners, casual, marathon or generally athletic, here's you're chance to brag. I just got some new kicks today. I did like I always did. I was presented with some new models from New Balance, Mizuno, Aasics , Nike and Adidas , and I blindly picked an Aasics set again. I don't know what it is, but the weight, cushion, fit and look are just perfect for me. What do some of you guys run with?

I am starting my Navy Ship's Team Diver course next Monday and the course instructors are notorious for torturing candidates with about a half marathon's worth of running daily. Between that, diving, the morning competitive swims and the spontaneous races they give us to punish us, it's a lot of miles. I got a second set to make sure I wouldn't tear through my good ones. Here are my new Gt2000's and here's my autumn pair. They still look new because I only used them on the treadmill. They are neutrals which are nice at the gym, but for road and track I need a shoe with arch support. I have slight pronation.

Anyways, who else has stories?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1364821340.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	590.1 KB
ID:	143582  
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm no an avid runner since most of my one is spent in the weight room, box, and pool. I'll be heading off to USCG AST A-school in a few months. It's aviation survival technician. The technical name for a Coast guard rescue swimmer.

But my fast mile is around 5:25. When I'm running for distance I slow down to around a 6:20-6:45 mile. I usually don't run more than six or seven miles in one run. Usually stick to around 2-3 miles. I don't really run for a workout. I just run to stretch out and take a break from my workouts. To relax. Haha. Running is fun.

I do a lot of running up mountain trails. That is KILLER. Y'all should try it for sure.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Just did a mile in about 7 minutes, and that's with not running in a while, in need to get back in shape.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I'm no an avid runner since most of my one is spent in the weight room, box, and pool. I'll be heading off to USCG AST A-school in a few months. It's aviation survival technician. The technical name for a Coast guard rescue swimmer. But my fast mile is around 5:25. When I'm running for distance I slow down to around a 6:20-6:45 mile. I usually don't run more than six or seven miles in one run. Usually stick to around 2-3 miles. I don't really run for a workout. I just run to stretch out and take a break from my workouts. To relax. Haha. Running is fun. I do a lot of running up mountain trails. That is KILLER. Y'all should try it for sure.
It's all hills and mountains around here. Totally put me off my game. Hills are interesting the first time you run a course on them . Yeah I usually run 3 miles at the gym for warm ups. Then 6 miles and up for real runs. I've done a half marathon once. Not a fan of running all that much. I hate it, but I also love it. It's a great feeling ..... After.

Yeah, we run a rescue swimmers course. On the ships, the ships team divers are combat, technical and rescue swim/divers. Our primary job is rescue swimming. However, a shorter course is offered for personal required to be rescue swimmers. It's just tradition that the divers are the fittest people on the boat and usually take most of the rescue swimmer responsibilities. Good luck on your course too mate.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
It's all hills and mountains around here. Totally put me off my game. Hills are interesting the first time you run a course on them . Yeah I usually run 3 miles at the gym for warm ups. Then 6 miles and up for real runs. I've done a half marathon once. Not a fan of running all that much. I hate it, but I also love it. It's a great feeling ..... After.

Yeah, we run a rescue swimmers course. On the ships, the ships team divers are combat, technical and rescue swim/divers. Our primary job is rescue swimming. However, a shorter course is offered for personal required to be rescue swimmers. It's just tradition that the divers are the fittest people on the boat and usually take most of the rescue swimmer responsibilities. Good luck on your course too mate.

Our cutter does a "rescue swimmer" thing too but it's not the same. They are called "surface swimmers."

And yeah! No flat ground here in Alaska. It's bad.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Our cutter does a "rescue swimmer" thing too but it's not the same. They are called "surface swimmers." And yeah! No flat ground here in Alaska. It's bad.
Yeah I'd imagine it would be the bread and butter of your business. You guys do a lot SAR stuff?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar