Caught doing donuts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Caught doing donuts

So I got caught doing donuts on this public road that's located right behind the local airport there is this tunnel that the runway goes over top of I was doin donuts in there it was sick but they emailed me saying I was caught on camera so I guess technically it's government property or what but does anyone have any idea what might happen? And don't be a troll and say oh your goin to jail 10 million dollar fine.
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
I'm curious on this one to because I go drifting in my stadiums parking lot at school all the time the entire parking lot is coveted in skid marks. Twice a cop had just drove in there and looked at me but no one ever does anything. It's at a high school also if it makes a difference.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I mean It didn't help the video was on YouTube but I took it down I just want to know what happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I always think the worst I can get is vandalism charge and that's If the entire parking lot is black or something or disturbing the peace. But as long as it's not a frequent thing I doubt anyone really gives a dam, I mean everyone does stupid sit in there car. At least you had the decency to do it away from people.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I know I mean honestly would they rather want me on a corner shootin up heroin or doin this
Old 01-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Lol ya I wouldn't worry about. Just don't go back there tomorrow doing the same thing... There's plenty of school parking lots...

Old 01-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hahaha yea I know just the video in the tunnel looked so cool I had to have it
Old 01-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Was it there video of you doing it?

Old 01-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You should just ask for the video and post it up?!?!? Haha jk buddy gl!
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I think they gotta catch you in the act

I wouldn't worry. They would need to catch you in the unlawful act to arrest you. They may come to your house and give you a lecture but really won't do anything unless the property owner presses charges against you. Then you are screwed.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol ask them for the video
Mattjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
So I got caught doing donuts on this public road that's located right behind the local airport there is this tunnel that the runway goes over top of I was doin donuts in there it was sick but they emailed me saying I was caught on camera so I guess technically it's government property or what but does anyone have any idea what might happen? And don't be a troll and say oh your goin to jail 10 million dollar fine.
How in the hell did they get your email address?

Like stated above, they have to catch you in the act. Anybody could have been driving the car.

This kind of reminds me of the controversy that they have had over Red Light Cameras. They catch the vehicle doing the violation, not the driver.
What some people do, when receiving a Red Light Camera violation, is they send it back saying that they weren't driving the vehicle and they do not know who was driving the vehicle. You are NOT required to incriminate yourself or anybody else.
They just drop it because it's impossible for them to prove who was, indeed, driving.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Wow I didn't think of it that way that's actually true
Old 01-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Well a video does classify as catching him in the act. Same thing for red light cameras. No cops around but it takes a video of you going through it red light then they send you a ticket in the mail.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Oh and red light cameras nowadays are starting to get the persons face inside the car. At least in my area.

HID end all thread
Old 01-18-2014, 02:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Oh and red light cameras nowadays are starting to get the persons face inside the car. At least in my area.
I thought red light tickets weren't in effect in Cali anymore? Maybe that's just SoCal but all the ones they had around my area don't work anymore!?
Old 01-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I live in pa this was the Philly airport
Old 01-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I always drive with my sun visors down.
And not at night.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well a video does classify as catching him in the act. Same thing for red light cameras. No cops around but it takes a video of you going through it red light then they send you a ticket in the mail.
When fleet vehicles are caught by the cameras, they would be relying on the employer to turn in there employee. There is no law requiring them to do so. It's difficult to write a ticket to UPS or Fedex or so-on...
Old 01-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
I thought red light tickets weren't in effect in Cali anymore? Maybe that's just SoCal but all the ones they had around my area don't work anymore!?

Oh they definitely are. I see them all the time at home. Most of it is right turns the person just rolls through it.

HID end all thread
Old 01-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yep. They're still around. They are usually owned by a private company and the cities receive a "cut" of the fines collected. They are basically depending on the honesty of the violators to send in the fine.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh they definitely are. I see them all the time at home. Most of it is right turns the person just rolls through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Yep. They're still around. They are usually owned by a private company and the cities receive a "cut" of the fines collected. They are basically depending on the honesty of the violators to send in the fine.
Really?? Hmmm ima have to look it up because from my understanding (at least in my area) they we're no longer in affect b/c they were too expensive for the city to maintain & they were losing more money than they were making. It was also causing more accidents than preventing from people trying to beat the light or slam the brakes! (Not sure what the "official reason was) & people no longer had to pay any tickets received after a certain date! Again I'm not 100% sure what's the law but ima gonna do some research & get back to u guys.
Sorry for thread jacking OP!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Positive. They have them in San Francisco and I've seen them elsewhere recently.
You're right though, many cities have removed them or flat out refused to have them installed.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Here in my area "Daytona Florida"

If they snap the picture of the back of your car and license plate you Will receive the ticket in the mail. If you don't pay it or show up to the thieve Magistrate type idiot to dispute it they will suspend your drivers license.
It is hard to dispute it because the private company's that own the cameras also employ the Whatever you want to call the crook, Magistrate, Arbitrator, or NOT A JUDGE you do not stand much of a chance. HE or She Thief gets paid a percentage of the fine. The higher they can make the fine the more they get paid. If you dispute the charge and they find you guilty they triple the cost of the fine. The whole thing is just plain "WRONG" Next it will be speed cameras and citizens will get screwed the same way.

I think the idiots that go and shoot up schools, Movie theaters and other places should actually do some good and start shooting out the red light cameras. They could be doing good and go out as hero's and not monsters.
Ronnie
Old 01-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #25
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:

Another thing to remember about red light cameras is that they don't go on record which mean you won't get screwed on insurance. There has to be an officer present to actually hand you a ticket for it to affect your insurance.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Howd they get your email?
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
How in the hell did they get your email address?

Like stated above, they have to catch you in the act. Anybody could have been driving the car.

This kind of reminds me of the controversy that they have had over Red Light Cameras. They catch the vehicle doing the violation, not the driver.
What some people do, when receiving a Red Light Camera violation, is they send it back saying that they weren't driving the vehicle and they do not know who was driving the vehicle. You are NOT required to incriminate yourself or anybody else.
They just drop it because it's impossible for them to prove who was, indeed, driving.
That depends on where you are in California. You are responsible for your car, even if someone else is driving it. Most courts will ultimately find you guilty. Unless you can prove someone stole it, your problem. Try running through a toll gate in the areas of the country that still are having you pay for the upkeep of the toll roads. They get pictures of the front and rear plate. They send the registered owner of the car the ticket. If it's a rental, they send it to the rental company and they charge your credit card. (Thanks to my friend who came from Puerto Rico to visit, I got banged on my credit card twice). $15 a pop.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Actually it would be PRISON, $5,000,000 dollar fine and you need to bring your own K-Y Jelly for your new husband.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:09 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
That depends on where you are in California. You are responsible for your car, even if someone else is driving it. Most courts will ultimately find you guilty. Unless you can prove someone stole it, your problem. Try running through a toll gate in the areas of the country that still are having you pay for the upkeep of the toll roads. They get pictures of the front and rear plate. They send the registered owner of the car the ticket. If it's a rental, they send it to the rental company and they charge your credit card. (Thanks to my friend who came from Puerto Rico to visit, I got banged on my credit card twice). $15 a pop.

+1 that happened to me when I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge. I crossed twice coming and going, and got the tickets months later when I got back to LA. I was like WTF!!???

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Very true !
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
This is true. The big difference is that toll violations, parking tickets, etc. are not considered "moving violations" like running a red light would be.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
+1 that happened to me when I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge. I crossed twice coming and going, and got the tickets months later when I got back to LA. I was like WTF!!???

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
Haha.
I just got a bill for a Golden Gate bridge toll.
I wish that they still had the toll takers.
Next time I go across I'm going to, very slyly, cover a couple of numbers on my plate and see if they send me another bill...
Old 01-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #33
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey straybullitt

Don't you know they ain't reading your license plate.
They read the VIN # on your dash through the windshield
Ronnie

PS:I hope you know I'm just kidding !
Old 01-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Don't you know they ain't reading your license plate.
They read the VIN # on your dash through the windshield
Ronnie

PS:I hope you know I'm just kidding !
Lol.
That will be next!!!

But seriously, there has been a good sized uptick in new car sales recently. I was reading that all of the bridges in the bay area were losing millions in tolls because people, in there new cars, with no license plates, are just cruising right through the Fastrak lanes and there is no way of identifying them.
It wouldn't surprise me if, in the future, the powers that be mandated that all new cars be equiped with a transponder that sends a signal which can be recieved by various devices.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar