WHATS YOUR JOB - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #36
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I flew on the Globemasters from early 2012 to late last year as a Flying Crew Chief. Over 20 countries and a much increased alcohol tolerance later I took an IT job at our unit because if I get out in 2 years I'm getting every cert/resume bullet I can. Getting fully certified to manage networks and having years of experience as a DOD network administrator should get me a pretty decent look or at least I hope. If not I can always stay in or get a job at an airport.

One of the pigs.

Mountains over one of the Stans.

Landindizzle

Murica

Taking rescue equipment in

Taking non rescue equipment in lol

I fancy myself a photographer

Would suck *** to get stuck down there...

That was just a few trips, I spent a lot of time in Germany, some time in Italy, Spain, Turkey all over the states, some tropical locations, South America etc...
Wow dude that's awesome
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #37
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Currently unemployed
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That is a glorious "office" Scotty.
I would have a hard time giving that up...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
"Title unknown" but I work for an internet banking company ....

As a hobby I make things and sell them .. Not often though
Old 01-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Don't sell yourself short on the 37, those things are the workhorses these days and they look like a sports car compared to our ugly *** jet. Only thing I don't like about them is they have a single rudder and there have been cases where its jammed. IIRC there is only one actuator too which is no good unless they updated them. Our rudder is split in two and two actuators per rudder so you can have 3 fail and still have rudder. Pretty much everything in that jet is at least triple redundant, most stuff is quad.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
That is a glorious "office" Scotty.
I would have a hard time giving that up...
It boiled down to my wife and little girl vs that job and I may try to do it again after my 2-3 year stint flying a desk is over. Wife will be done college and my daughter will be much older and more self sufficient than she was when she was 3.

Also depends on who is in charge at the time. The current leadership is hard up on only letting us fly for 2 years so I only had another 6 months left before they would look at swapping me out. When I come out of the office it might be totally different. At some bases dudes have been flying 5+ years and more. Plus now I have a lot more time to work on the Stang which is therapeutic for me.

My current tour is a 8-4, M-F, weekends and holidays off, no deployments so if you are in the military, have been in or know someone in you'll know how big a deal that is unless you are one of those ppl who enjoys going. They are out there and more power to them but that's not me.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Engineering Technician II for a semiconductor fab. I work in metals, and do chemical vapor deposition and physical vapor deposition. Basically all the metals that end up being the wiring interconnects on a chip
Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
"Title unknown" but I work for an internet banking company ....

As a hobby I make things and sell them .. Not often though
Whacha sell??

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Chuckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Im a RTRP
I do taxes and im currently working on getting my CPA
Since our family has it own business i work Monday through Sunday all the way up to May
Too stressing but pays off
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:32 AM   #45
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I worked for Miller Beer the last 16 years as a District sales manager. I quit my job right before Christmas. I was so tired of the corporate world of suits and ties. I recently got hired on at a pest control company doing sales only but I am going to use this opportunity to educate myself more and do what I really want to do this time. Bottom line.....I want to be happy again.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:53 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Parts sales man at autozone
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:51 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm a nonrate in the USCG. Stationed in Ketchikan, Alaska on the USCGC Anthony Petit. I lucked out a ton by getting this amazing cutter. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1390902614.818186.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	146269

I leave here in a couple months to move to North Carolina to attend AST A-school for six months. It's gonna kill me. Haha.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Whacha sell??

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Well .. Anything I see and like I try to make it ... Haha I was making these key thingys... I started making soap etc lol ... I was knitting hats at one time lol all kinds of stuff really.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1390907319.735748.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	798.6 KB
ID:	146271

Those are the key thingys... Haha

And I refinished that pink captains chair ...
Old 01-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Retired teacher after 35 years. Re-trained and now network coordinator for a community college. My 2014 GT is a daily drive. Children grown and out of the house. Own a 1967 mustang while in high school. Driven them all, GTO, LTD, Infinity, Cadillac and 300m. This car is for fun! Enjoy it every day whether top is up or down!
wstefek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I'm a lineman for the local power company in detroit
Scottad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I own a computer shop. I do everything from repairing ipods, xboxes and home user systems to building high end gaming systems and servers to planning and implementing Active Directory domains and networks for over 100 users and also function as an IT consultant/contractor for local government.

I also do all my own patch panel wiring and all that fun stuff.

Can't find pictures of some of the cooler things I do.

I also run the family pool and spa business..

It's nowhere near as cool as what Scotty or some other guys have posted, but it pays the bills and then some..
Old 01-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
19 and in school for business management.
Currently managing a McDonalds.
And want to buy my own franchise of some sort.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My corporate slave job is a good one by any measure, but my real job in life is to never allow it to beat the youthful ignorance I had when I was 19 out of me. Not selling out to the suits is exhausting, yet suprisingly rewarding
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
Im a RTRP
I do taxes and im currently working on getting my CPA
Since our family has it own business i work Monday through Sunday all the way up to May
Too stressing but pays off

I joined a smaller CPA firm out of college and did 4 tax seasons. I studied for BEC and failed with a 72. I would've had to return to school because of the 150 credit hour requirement that went into effect in PA right after I took my test so I decided to scrap the CPA idea. I took the RTRP test and passed no problem. After a few years in public, I decided it wasn't for me. I joined a great private company and am now a controller making enough money to enable my wife to stay at home.
If you plan on working in your family business prepping taxes and it's a good gig then more power to you. Remember that a lot of private companies will pay good money for a good accountant...and no tax season!!
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post
I joined a smaller CPA firm out of college and did 4 tax seasons. I studied for BEC and failed with a 72. I would've had to return to school because of the 150 credit hour requirement that went into effect in PA right after I took my test so I decided to scrap the CPA idea. I took the RTRP test and passed no problem. After a few years in public, I decided it wasn't for me. I joined a great private company and am now a controller making enough money to enable my wife to stay at home.
If you plan on working in your family business prepping taxes and it's a good gig then more power to you. Remember that a lot of private companies will pay good money for a good accountant...and no tax season!!

Haha yeah i actually love this job i love helping people out with their taxes. We've had this business for almost 9 years and ive grown up with it. As soon as i turned 18 i got my license and passed it with an 93%. I already got my EA license last year at 19 and now my goal is toget my CPA. We have almost 2,000 clients coming during tax season so we have done pretty good. This year we're gonna open another office and expand. My dads been doing this for 20 years and after he retires well its gonna be my job to keep the business up. Soon imma also get my insurance and real estate license to work on that after tax season and produce some extra revenue. I really love learning and thats why i do this because as you may know you NEVER stop learning in taxes. And keeping in mind im still 19 my brain is ready to absorbe as many things as possible lol
Old 01-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha yeah i actually love this job i love helping people out with their taxes. We've had this business for almost 9 years and ive grown up with it. As soon as i turned 18 i got my license and passed it with an 93%. I already got my EA license last year at 19 and now my goal is toget my CPA. We have almost 2,000 clients coming during tax season so we have done pretty good. This year we're gonna open another office and expand. My dads been doing this for 20 years and after he retires well its gonna be my job to keep the business up. Soon imma also get my insurance and real estate license to work on that after tax season and produce some extra revenue. I really love learning and thats why i do this because as you may know you NEVER stop learning in taxes. And keeping in mind im still 19 my brain is ready to absorbe as many things as possible lol

Good for you man. It sounds like you guys have a pretty rocking firm. Just stay focused and you will do just fine. I assume CA is also a 150 credit hour state to get licensed so you must be attending college also which I can empathize with you on that because I had a full time job and carried a full time college class schedule which was tough.
Hopefully your tax firm isn't the one going around putting magnets on people's cars in the area. I was at the Home Goods in Rancho the other day and came out to a tax firm magnet slapped to the side of my car. If it wasn't a rental I would have been pissed haha. Good luck this season.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Critical Care Paramedic.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
Critical Care Paramedic.

We're at? Ima firefighter EMT. And I'm taking my AEMT course really soon. And I do seasonal wild land
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I build things with tax money (prevailing wage), like schools, prisons, libraries, stuff like that and love it. I get low earnings in bad weather so its awesome.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
We're at? Ima firefighter EMT. And I'm taking my AEMT course really soon. And I do seasonal wild land

Good deal. I know a wild land guy. I'm in Johnson county, ks (ks side of Kansas City).

2013 GT/CS
Old 01-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
WHATS YOUR JOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
Good deal. I know a wild land guy. I'm in Johnson county, ks (ks side of Kansas City).

Wild land is tuff **** but it's amazing money. That's why I'm going thro emt school. So I can just chill and wait for the guys to get hurt and I don't have to do any of the back braking stuff anymore
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. Sounded like a pretty good deal. Good luck with all your schooling dude.

2013 GT/CS
Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Australia
Transitioned from 13yrs of break/fix (laptops, AIO desktops, tablets, printers, Mac's) into Network Security. Now learning an immense amount of Linux and VPN/Firewall stuff as a job requisite. Just started 3 weeks ago lol, but this sky has zero limit so $$ here I come

Scotty, sounds like you've got some of this nailed already, good luck when you certify man
Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good for you man. It sounds like you guys have a pretty rocking firm. Just stay focused and you will do just fine. I assume CA is also a 150 credit hour state to get licensed so you must be attending college also which I can empathize with you on that because I had a full time job and carried a full time college class schedule which was tough.
Hopefully your tax firm isn't the one going around putting magnets on people's cars in the area. I was at the Home Goods in Rancho the other day and came out to a tax firm magnet slapped to the side of my car. If it wasn't a rental I would have been pissed haha. Good luck this season.

Lol no we defenitely dont do that we just give out things like tablets and come out in magazines
None of those magnet things haha
Yeah to get my license i had to take a 600 question exam
Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

WHATS YOUR JOB

Quote:
Lol no we defenitely dont do that we just give out things like tablets and come out in magazines
None of those magnet things haha
Yeah to get my license i had to take a 600 question exam

You live in rancho !?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You live in rancho !?

I've been here since Jan 2nd. I'm in the process of relocating from PA and just signed a lease on a house in Rancho up by Rancho High School.
I just became a controller a a cosmetology school in Upland. Gotta love this weather!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've been here since Jan 2nd. I'm in the process of relocating from PA and just signed a lease on a house in Rancho up by Rancho High School.
I just became a controller a a cosmetology school in Upland. Gotta love this weather!
Ugh I told you I was jealous before and you really bailed at a good time! I'm glad all is going well out there. It's freezing here

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
Jsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsvt View Post
Ugh I told you I was jealous before and you really bailed at a good time! I'm glad all is going well out there. It's freezing here

Haha I know I have been keeping in contact with my wife. I fly back in to Philly on Friday. It's going to be crappy going from 70-80 degrees back to 20-30s. I then start my drive cross country in my WRX the next Wednesday.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:10 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsvt View Post

Haha I know I have been keeping in contact with my wife. I fly back in to Philly on Friday. It's going to be crappy going from 70-80 degrees back to 20-30s. I then start my drive cross country in my WRX the next Wednesday.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:03 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ohh damn i live in upland !! What car do you drive around in ?
I used to live in rancho too
But we moved because of the heavy winds and everything is a little more expensive over there

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar