WHATS YOUR JOB - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #106
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442111 View Post
It's a job. Not a lifestyle. Most of the public only sees the traffic end of things. The nasty pig giving out a ticket. They don't see us having to deal with domestic issues which can go south rapidly, fighting a man strung out on heroin, armed robberies in progress. Things like that. So thanks for your kind words. Typically it's a very thankless job.
Pffft, just stop trying to be a victim and get back to stuffing your face with donuts and profiling ppl who drive through LA with out of state license plates.

Lol I kid I kid, thanks for doing what you do. Lots of ppl hate cops, my wife is scared of the police because of all the videos she sees online of them shooting dogs and we have 4 dogs. I try to tell her that's a small slice and not normal but w/e... I've met plenty of good cops, its like any job where you will run into a few ********.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
VP of Marketing. We do everything from phone room sales to direct mail, TV and radio spots. Sell supplements, golf clubs and low end jewelry.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #108
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I sell propane and propane accessories.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
WHATS YOUR JOB

Glad I scrolled down first. Lol
Old 02-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I sell propane and propane accessories.
hank hill...lmao
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #111
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442111 View Post
Glad I scrolled down first. Lol
Lol

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #112
Road Trip!

Did you guys here about the Hawthorne police dept here in LA shooting that dog? It's in YouTube

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I am a sales porter at a mercedes-benz dealer
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Project/construction manager in NYC.
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Work in Logistics dept for DOD
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Oilfield- Field supervisor for my/ dads company

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Sandwich artist at the Subway. Being in high school and 17 sucks

Psikosocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psikosocial View Post
Sandwich artist at the Subway. Being in high school and 17 sucks

No. No it doesn't.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
No. No it doesn't.
Having little to no responsibilities, and doing basically whatever I want and not many consequences is nice but in the job department I'm very limited

Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #120
Staff
Regular
Staff

The job dept will come, the being 17 in high school won't happen again. Don't wish your youth away because someday you'll have bills and debt and responsibilites and a kid/kids etc...

1 - Don't take out any student loans that aren't federal direct loans no matter how much you want to go to XYZ school. Direct loans can only charge you a monthly amount up to 10% of your income no matter how much you took out. Banks don't give a ****.

2 - Don't knock anyone up/remember to bag it/the stripper really isn't into you

3 - Don't drink yourself out of the party

4 - Try to remember advice like this you get from your friends/family when you've ignored it till your late 20s and realize "oh **** they were right". lol.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The job dept will come, the being 17 in high school won't happen again. Don't wish your youth away because someday you'll have bills and debt and responsibilites and a kid/kids etc...

1 - Don't take out any student loans that aren't federal direct loans no matter how much you want to go to XYZ school. Direct loans can only charge you a monthly amount up to 10% of your income no matter how much you took out. Banks don't give a ****.

4 - Try to remember advice like this you get from your friends/family when you've ignored it till your late 20s and realize "oh **** they were right". lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10155815_529333193842315_1203205277_n.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	152933  
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #122
ME Bloodhound
Staff

WHATS YOUR JOB

Quote:

I took out loans for my private college. It's like 2.xx % from my bank. sometimes it's worth it. Average income of alumni from my college is about $100k per year.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:02 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I run my own internet marketing company.

I'm only mentioning the following since there were some high school kids posting and I want to share briefly, my story as potential encouragement for pursuing ones dreams and/or passions.

I started my company when I was a junior in high school once realized I couldn't afford college. Coming from a single parent household all I had was moral support, which unfortunately, isn't a currency. I've been a strong believer in Dave Ramsey's financial methods since I was in junior high, and so for me, personally, I couldn't allow myself to go into debt for schooling, which would have happened even with financial aid.

So when I realized that college wasn't an option I hustled and took every business, marketing, computer, and accounting class my school had. It was by no means enough time to teach me in-depth formulas/ideologies/methods about each subject but I was able to learn the basic concepts and lingo for a number of industries.

Anyways, I'm in my early to mid 20's now and I'm not trying to be prideful by any means, I thank God everyday for His blessings on my life, I simply hope my story encourages those of you in high school to chase after what you really want. When I was in school I read, and currently still read, biographies of those who struck it out on their own and it encouraged me that even though college wan't going to work out, there was still a chance for me to attain the lifestyle I wanted.

Recommended bio's to check out; Steve Jobs, Markus Frind, Jeff Bezos, Zig Ziglar, John C. Maxwell, Mark Cuban, and obviously Dave Ramsey.
007Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:48 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I'm a Sr. Reactor Segmentation Tech. I get to use remote equipment to cut up decommissioned nuclear reactors.
tri99gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:15 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri99gt View Post
I'm a Sr. Reactor Segmentation Tech. I get to use remote equipment to cut up decommissioned nuclear reactors.

That just sounds crazy !
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:26 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It pays the bills. And then there is the travel...
tri99gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Amen brother!
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

2, 3, and 4 I do agree with haha.
However, Direct Loans may charge you more than 10% of your discretionary income, and they usually do. You must meet certain eligibility requirements to get that 10% cap. The program is called "Pay as You Earn." There are pros and cons to the program. I would research it and see if it is right for you.
Advice: work you *** off and get as much scholarship money as possible. Federal Grants and Unsubsidized Federal Loans are based on financial need so you may or may not qualify and there are limits for each award year (the loan is still a loan and needs to be repaid).
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Crew trainer at McDonald's lol. I agree with the Above person who stated how the jobs for 17 year olds is very limited
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
hello everyone my name is robert, and i'm an alcoholic..............
RCrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Just got a job as a tow truck driver... no repo's just personal .. like boosts and tows to dealerships and garages stuff like that.. we don't have the police contract so no serious accidents or anything like that ... overall should be interesting lol
Old 04-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Stang View Post
I run my own internet marketing company.

I'm only mentioning the following since there were some high school kids posting and I want to share briefly, my story as potential encouragement for pursuing ones dreams and/or passions.

I started my company when I was a junior in high school once realized I couldn't afford college. Coming from a single parent household all I had was moral support, which unfortunately, isn't a currency. I've been a strong believer in Dave Ramsey's financial methods since I was in junior high, and so for me, personally, I couldn't allow myself to go into debt for schooling, which would have happened even with financial aid.

So when I realized that college wasn't an option I hustled and took every business, marketing, computer, and accounting class my school had. It was by no means enough time to teach me in-depth formulas/ideologies/methods about each subject but I was able to learn the basic concepts and lingo for a number of industries.

Anyways, I'm in my early to mid 20's now and I'm not trying to be prideful by any means, I thank God everyday for His blessings on my life, I simply hope my story encourages those of you in high school to chase after what you really want. When I was in school I read, and currently still read, biographies of those who struck it out on their own and it encouraged me that even though college wan't going to work out, there was still a chance for me to attain the lifestyle I wanted.

Recommended bio's to check out; Steve Jobs, Markus Frind, Jeff Bezos, Zig Ziglar, John C. Maxwell, Mark Cuban, and obviously Dave Ramsey.
I look up to people like you. While I'm not going to lie and say I'm poor, I actually come from a higher middle class family I think. However I'm the oldest of 5 children of my parents(2 being children under the age of 5) so that means that money gets split down a lot. I've always wanted to do college and I have half decent grades and scores, but where my family does make a decent income I'd never receive financial aid. Plus they flat out told me they weren't going to be able to help with college. So I looked for other options and joined the National Guard my senior year and it looks like that should provide me with my way to college. I leave for basic in June and hopefully when I come back I'll be on my way to WKU

Old 04-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post
Crew trainer at McDonald's lol. I agree with the Above person who stated how the jobs for 17 year olds is very limited
If you get in the right company, like some of my coworkers, you can be making damn good money with no college experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCrumb View Post
hello everyone my name is robert, and i'm an alcoholic..............
Hi Robert
Old 04-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
If you get in the right company, like some of my coworkers, you can be making damn good money with no college experience.

For real. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here (but I will), I went through some college, but got into banking after I left the Coast Guard. Been in the field for almost 8 years now, and I have a V.P. position, and make a very decent salary.

But with that being said, I'm at the point where I'm going to have to go back to finish my degree if I want to go any further.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

we should start a new thread... HOW MUCH IS YOUR PAYCHECK lol
Old 04-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
For real. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here (but I will), I went through some college, but got into banking after I left the Coast Guard. Been in the field for almost 8 years now, and I have a V.P. position, and make a very decent salary.

But with that being said, I'm at the point where I'm going to have to go back to finish my degree if I want to go any further.
Ah that's rough. I went through two semesters and didn't earn any credits due to dropping out for various reasons. Got with this company when I was 21 (25 on the 14th now) and make as much as my friend that spent 6 years in college and is now an auditor for a major accounting firm in town. The downside to mine is that I need to move to a different division in order to move up, or just be patient. We're maxed out at 38 stores here, as opposed to other cities that have over 100 and counting. Because they treat us so well, and most management is fairly young, they have no motivation to move up. And the ones that are higher up don't want to leave. So there's a huge stalemate causing people to move out of state in order to be promoted.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
we should start a new thread... HOW MUCH IS YOUR PAYCHECK lol
Haha, before or after tax, 401k, insurance and other deductions? Counting bonuses?
Old 04-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

pfft you biweekly paycheck not your salary
Old 04-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

I'm hourly, and paid weekly. Got lucky with that one.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

quit dodging the question lol whats your hourly lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar