WHATS FACEBOOK? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
WHATS FACEBOOK?

Ill be honest, I used to sit on facebook a lot... but this past week have barely signed on!... I was always reading peoples status updates and looking at pictures.. talking to people on chat.. the usual... Lately I just come on this forum and another! People talking about stuff I care about and pictures that I want to see... Wish I had friends who were into cars, always kinda did my thing on the side.
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I feel the same I avoid Facebook and everyone's "troubled" lives and BS and yes I wish I had more friends as well that had a passion about cars, most my friends are like "what the hells a camshaft" and stuff like that lol
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Facebook has fizzled out amongst most people my age (early 20s) I think. It was all the rage until it became annoying with the incessant ads, the unnecessary and uncalled for political commentary, and the teenage melodrama.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
But don't you want to know about my sub-par views on politics, my $500 gucci bag i just bought, and see that i'm on my 4th failed relationship in 6 months?

Agreed with the guy above. I post on Facebook maybe 1 time a month. Gone as long as 3 months on various occasions. It's never really been that exciting for me. I've really only got a few friends from high school, my family, and my closest buddies. I mainly browse it to check out all the mustang related pics and parts that pop up. I know what the people in my life are doing. I don't need the fake friends from back in the day telling me about their sandwich.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
HHAHA yeah I hear you guys!
Just went on and went down the news feed... pictures and status's about peoples kids... people saying its snowing out... same vines being posted over and over again. Peoples pictures of there trips... I think I only went on so much out of boredom!!...
Same here... when I talk about my car to friends or mention parts I plan to buy they look at me like wtf and why. ugggh sometimes it feels like I only have friends because I party ahah besides that we would have nothing in common or to do.
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
Road Trip!

WHATS FACEBOOK?

I'm 22 and never had a Facebook. But when I was in high school I got suspended from school for making a myspace group and talking crap about the teachers lol

I'm also like you guys most of my friends don't give a **** about cars lol. So it's nice to read everybody's stuff here with the same interests. My brothers a mechanic though and he likes talking mods with me

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I had to explain rear-wheel drive to a friend the other day. It's really amazing that most people have a car and most people have no idea what makes a car move. Lol I'm in the process of car-girlifying my girlfriend. Just recently showed her how to check all the fluids in her Pontiac and what they do. And I showed her how to pump up her own tires. So proud. When she got her license years ago, I can remember that she didn't even know how to pump gas. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Facebook is really great if you==========

Hate Privacy
I was once on it but opted out (Not easy)
Every stranger in the world wanted to be my Friend. I got enough friends and don't need or want any more.
I had a guy I did not want to hear from at all "EVER" from my past call me on the phone because he seen me on stupid facebook and decided to get in touch. Wow, Just what I wanted
I had to really do some research to find a way to not only get rid of it but delete everything about me on it. This was years ago and it may be easier now to dump it.
I got no facebook, No Tweet, No texting, No nothing except a cell phone that only calls out or receives calls.
It's bad enough I get a bunch of crap on my E-Mail i don't need or want but they are easy to delete.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:52 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You can set facebook easy enough to not let anyone find you on a search if you don't want them to.

Twitter is good for news and that's all I use it for. If something happens you will find out about it the fastest via twitter.

Just gotta be smart about technology, don't put anything on the interwebs that you wouldn't want a potential employer to see and realize that once it IS out there that's it.

I really only have facebook to network at this point but occasionally I will search out random ppl I hated from HS and college and see how much better I am doing than them.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar