Might be goodbye for a bit :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Might be goodbye for a bit :(

Well, I got a poor grade in Physics this semester so my father is going to take away my mustang. Hopefully I can get her back in the near future
Njd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njd92 View Post
Well, I got a poor grade in Physics this semester so my father is going to take away my mustang. Hopefully I can get her back in the near future

That's how my parents are, and because of insurance. I have to keep a and b's
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Dude, weak. Study up! Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Your Daddy buys you a Mustang and you can't keep your grades up? Nothing like crushing your parents. Nice work.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
Your Daddy buys you a Mustang and you can't keep your grades up? Nothing like crushing your parents. Nice work.
hahahaha
ksnapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Be glad your dad doesn't have a car lift. Whenever I made bad grades, he took the tires off my mustang, lifted it 12 feet in the air, hid the wheels around our property and hid the lugs in a bag. Took me like 3 weeks to find it all. Ever since, I've been an A-C student.

Just sharing, it could be worse.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Not tech. Moved to The Bar

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:21 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
first world problems
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Your lucky he doesn't set the mykey settings to 30mph. lol
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post

That would suck
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
My dad wouldn't take my keys away, but he'd threaten to report the car "stolen" if I ever left without permission, got bad grades, talked back, and/or he was drunk, when I was in high school. I paid for repairs, insurance, etc. but the car was never legally mine, which me made sure to remind me of constantly. He also let me buy aftermarket parts, even a whole engine swap, only to tell me after delivery that I couldn't put them in HIS car or keep the parts on HIS property. So I stopped taking care of it and let it deteriorate over the next few years. I bought a car on my own as soon as I could and shoved the high school car in storage. He took it out two years later and had to spend $4k to get it road worthy and it still runs like crap. Sounds bad, but it makes me smile every now and then.

I should also add it had been hit a few times while it was parked and he cashed the insurance checks and left the dents. I think it totaled to somewhere around $2300 in damages.

Kind of a long, unnecessary story, but I know how bad it sucks having such a key part of life in someone else's control. Save your money and buy your own car as soon as you can.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Dudes, I wish I could time travel back to school or college age, start all over and do things better than they turned out.

Getting the most out of your education, and learning how to apply learning to do any job will let you lead the pack. Learn how to learn to do anything, rather than old school learning about remembering things simply in books. Learn critical thinking, excel at critical thinking, and be a master negotiator. Learn when to compromise and pick the battles you need to win and forget the ones that result in little gain.

These days folks with great jobs are the rocks stars and girls have learned that the guys with the know how and drive to succeed are the ones to hook up with to have a great life.

Art (Learn how to learn)

Post Script: Physics is a great area of study, even if you just become a businessman. I know a very successful CEO of a global marketing company that has a Phd in Physics
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:

What is that?

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:02 PM   #14
Road Trip!

I decided that if I have a child and he/she wants a car when they were older this is how I'm going to do it.

I will match whatever it is they save up for their car. So if they save up 3Gs I will put in 3gs as well.

But my name will always be on the title ONLY

Old 01-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Might be goodbye for a bit :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
What is that?

Mykey is on the 2011+ mustangs, let's (ideally) parents set speed limits, rev limits, etc. also has a "valet" mode.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Mykey is on the 2011+ mustangs, let's (ideally) parents set speed limits, rev limits, etc. also has a "valet" mode.

What's the valet mode do?

Old 01-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What's the valet mode do?

Remember Ferris Bueller's Day off? It keeps them from running the car faster than it takes to park it

Art
Old 02-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

School is more important now than ever. Globalization has made the job market smaller and more competitive. You should always study what interests you, but before going to college look at the long term job market and try to see what types of jobs will be in demand 4-10 years down the road. Tech jobs are one of the fastest growing sectors.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
School is more important now than ever. Globalization has made the job market smaller and more competitive. You should always study what interests you, but before going to college look at the long term job market and try to see what types of jobs will be in demand 4-10 years down the road. Tech jobs are one of the fastest growing sectors.

Tech jobs as in what?

Old 02-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Network security, programing jobs related to network security. IT jobs are still in demand at most mid to large corporations.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Network security, programing jobs related to network security. IT jobs are still in demand at most mid to large corporations.

I wanna be the IT guy at Dunder Mifflin Scranton

Old 02-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tech jobs as in what?

It is not just IT jobs that makes Tec. It depends on the industries still left in your area. In my area folks with Tec training engineering in making production lines for solar cells, and other "tek" still being made in the USA works. Around here folks still skilled in "glass" manufacturing tec still are in demand.

Folks in Aviation, Auto need Tec that can help run manufacturing line, fix manufacturing lines, design and setup such lines.

Pharma Tec, folks that is a now major field to look at.

And yes, Security Tec; Physical, Technical, Networking, application development security... Security Tec in all areas is Hot right Now.''

Just tossin' some other areas out...it seems too many folks getting our of many Public American High Schools are not ready to get into the world we live in now.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #23
Road Trip!

I'm going to school for a business administration degree. I'm getting ready for marijuana becomes completely legal here in CA like in Colorado/Washington.

A couple of law classes and other random ones along with my degree, and I'll be ready for the business boom.

Worst case scenario, I get a different job lol

Old 02-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Physics is my **** dude! Are you in highschool or college. Cause I'm a junior and take honors physics and am pretty good at it. Plus my teacher makes YouTube videos about some of the stuff so if you need some help I'm sure those would help.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going to school for a business administration degree. I'm getting ready for marijuana becomes completely legal here in CA like in Colorado/Washington.

A couple of law classes and other random ones along with my degree, and I'll be ready for the business boom. ]
Now that is creative constructive thinkin'
Old 02-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
If your really "SMART"

I do mean "REALLY"" SMART
You need to drop out of school and get a job before they are all gone.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar