Anybody watch Top Gear? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Anybody watch Top Gear?

The new season has been great with the cars since episode 2, the AR 4C and P1, but it is getting a bit annoying how staged the results are.

And for the hot hatch episode, 1 I think, there was no real basis to anything. They just did ridiculous stuff to be funny.

Granted, pretty hilarious so far, I just miss when it was A) more natural B) better scripted to seem natural.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
The new season has been great with the cars since episode 2, the AR 4C and P1, but it is getting a bit annoying how staged the results are. And for the hot hatch episode, 1 I think, there was no real basis to anything. They just did ridiculous stuff to be funny. Granted, pretty hilarious so far, I just miss when it was A) more natural B) better scripted to seem natural.
I still love the show. I love seeing all the crap they get into. My favourite episodes are the ones where they are challenged to find a certain type of car on a budget and drive them cross country or when they do crazy road trips across the world. The guys on top gear uk are just so friggin hilarious. It's a fun show
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post

I still love the show. I love seeing all the crap they get into. My favourite episodes are the ones where they are challenged to find a certain type of car on a budget and drive them cross country or when they do crazy road trips across the world. The guys on top gear uk are just so friggin hilarious. It's a fun show
I do still love the show, even without the challenges, those HD shots of beautiful cars and the sounds I may never hear are fantastic. The Venos on E02 was crazy. Absolute insanity.

But in past seasons it hasn't been too bad, just more and more obvious each year. Now, they weren't even following a structure, it was more like they just came up with all the wacky things they could possibly do.

Have you seen the 80s hot hatch episode with the Golf, XR2, and whatever thing Hamster was driving?
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I do still love the show, even without the challenges, those HD shots of beautiful cars and the sounds I may never hear are fantastic. The Venos on E02 was crazy. Absolute insanity. But in past seasons it hasn't been too bad, just more and more obvious each year. Now, they weren't even following a structure, it was more like they just came up with all the wacky things they could possibly do. Have you seen the 80s hot hatch episode with the Golf, XR2, and whatever thing Hamster was driving?
Yeah Richard was driving a vauxall nova. It was pretty good. I just watched the second episode with the new Mclaren car. It's absolutely insane. Electric and gasoline powered, but the 700 something hp engine works as a generator for the electric motor. This car is nuts
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post

Yeah Richard was driving a vauxall nova. It was pretty good. I just watched the second episode with the new Mclaren car. It's absolutely insane. Electric and gasoline powered, but the 700 something hp engine works as a generator for the electric motor. This car is nuts
Yea, 900 some horsepower is ridiculous in something that light. What really impressed me was the brakes- made out of the hardest material known to exist lol
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 3
Yes I love both versions.
stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dakota05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 59
Have seen every episode except the newest season, gotta love James May react to Clarkson
Dakota05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,605
Clarkson is a ******bag, eff that show. If I want to see awesome cars I'll turn on Mecum on Velocity and watch rich old white guys drive the prices up on collector vehicles so that nobody else can afford them.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stealth_Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sandy Springs
Region: Georgia
Posts: 34
I really love the shows and the Ideas, I'm plotting plans, route and times to race against public transport!
Stealth_Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Love that show as well but I'm eh about the us top gear
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
UK top gear was good in earlier seasons. US top gear is fine, rut is irritating though.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3rd gear stumble AgentOrange 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 04-21-2012 10:57 AM
Storker kit fits top en kit 281 Rebbew 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 12-14-2011 04:31 PM
help, 91 vert with 80's top frame? what top to buy? jmuddyman 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 10-17-2011 03:22 PM
new season of american top gear tigercrazy718 The Bar 12 07-25-2011 08:33 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:39 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.