Anybody watch Top Gear? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Anybody watch Top Gear?

The new season has been great with the cars since episode 2, the AR 4C and P1, but it is getting a bit annoying how staged the results are.

And for the hot hatch episode, 1 I think, there was no real basis to anything. They just did ridiculous stuff to be funny.

Granted, pretty hilarious so far, I just miss when it was A) more natural B) better scripted to seem natural.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
The new season has been great with the cars since episode 2, the AR 4C and P1, but it is getting a bit annoying how staged the results are. And for the hot hatch episode, 1 I think, there was no real basis to anything. They just did ridiculous stuff to be funny. Granted, pretty hilarious so far, I just miss when it was A) more natural B) better scripted to seem natural.
I still love the show. I love seeing all the crap they get into. My favourite episodes are the ones where they are challenged to find a certain type of car on a budget and drive them cross country or when they do crazy road trips across the world. The guys on top gear uk are just so friggin hilarious. It's a fun show
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post

I still love the show. I love seeing all the crap they get into. My favourite episodes are the ones where they are challenged to find a certain type of car on a budget and drive them cross country or when they do crazy road trips across the world. The guys on top gear uk are just so friggin hilarious. It's a fun show
I do still love the show, even without the challenges, those HD shots of beautiful cars and the sounds I may never hear are fantastic. The Venos on E02 was crazy. Absolute insanity.

But in past seasons it hasn't been too bad, just more and more obvious each year. Now, they weren't even following a structure, it was more like they just came up with all the wacky things they could possibly do.

Have you seen the 80s hot hatch episode with the Golf, XR2, and whatever thing Hamster was driving?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I do still love the show, even without the challenges, those HD shots of beautiful cars and the sounds I may never hear are fantastic. The Venos on E02 was crazy. Absolute insanity. But in past seasons it hasn't been too bad, just more and more obvious each year. Now, they weren't even following a structure, it was more like they just came up with all the wacky things they could possibly do. Have you seen the 80s hot hatch episode with the Golf, XR2, and whatever thing Hamster was driving?
Yeah Richard was driving a vauxall nova. It was pretty good. I just watched the second episode with the new Mclaren car. It's absolutely insane. Electric and gasoline powered, but the 700 something hp engine works as a generator for the electric motor. This car is nuts
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post

Yeah Richard was driving a vauxall nova. It was pretty good. I just watched the second episode with the new Mclaren car. It's absolutely insane. Electric and gasoline powered, but the 700 something hp engine works as a generator for the electric motor. This car is nuts
Yea, 900 some horsepower is ridiculous in something that light. What really impressed me was the brakes- made out of the hardest material known to exist lol

Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #6

Region: Kentucky
Yes I love both versions.
stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Have seen every episode except the newest season, gotta love James May react to Clarkson
Dakota05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Clarkson is a ******bag, eff that show. If I want to see awesome cars I'll turn on Mecum on Velocity and watch rich old white guys drive the prices up on collector vehicles so that nobody else can afford them.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I really love the shows and the Ideas, I'm plotting plans, route and times to race against public transport!
Stealth_Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Love that show as well but I'm eh about the us top gear
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
UK top gear was good in earlier seasons. US top gear is fine, rut is irritating though.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar