Im having a weird thing happen to me.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:38 PM   #1
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Im having a weird thing happen to me....

Guys, smack me around if im going retarded but i think ive started craving a turbocharged eclipse. Ive been lookin around at prices on a Gen 2 GS-T or GSX with low miles... the prices are kinda high but i think theyre badass cars if theyre done cleanly. If you guys see any links with a car under 50k miles, black, 5 speed and within the G2 years... throw the links here b/c my cars getting high miles and starting to get crappy... yep its true, im lookin for a new ride

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2003, 08:40 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee

going import on us......

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:42 PM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

not necessarily... im going with something new. If i could find a cobra id love it... but with the GSX being AWD, and the gs-t being front wheel drive... it really helps for the winters. Basically, i want a 5 speed in a car, thats my only stipulation. I also like the talon TSi's

I like toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2003, 08:44 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Zim where are your Pics for the calendar BRO!! and a list of MODs . I am about to sick Brother Corey on you Maybe pull up that morphed pic of you and the purple dong. I sent you a email saying I needed info and such

Did you get it ???????

OH you better not go import on us :no:
Old 12-03-2003, 08:45 PM   #5
Regular

I will be glad to look around for Cobras... but will have no part in helping you buy a eclipse

Reddit
Old 12-03-2003, 08:48 PM   #6
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

lol... corey thats why i needed to talk to you on AIM

I like toys
Old 12-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
then get on AIM NOW !!!!!!@!!!!!!!@##$&^*IT&*OTO)R$^%
Old 12-03-2003, 08:53 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
im stayin domestic but im goin turbo as well. SRT-4 for me by march.
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 09:07 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
just get a turbo for the stang....
Old 12-03-2003, 09:09 PM   #10
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

4500 bucks for a turbo kit doesnt suit my fancy lol

another option is a 5.0L swap along with a 5 speed swap. that would cost me around 5 grand to do that. I really dont know what i wanna do.

I like toys
Old 12-03-2003, 09:21 PM   #11
Regular

I would never own a 4 cyl car. I just cant do it.

Reddit
Old 12-03-2003, 09:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Turboing our cars at this point is ridiculous. $4500 for a kit that isn't even really tested, has hade major issues during development, and has, what, no warranty whatsoever? :
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 06:25 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I would never own a 4 cyl car. I just cant do it.
me either, unless i found a beat up 4 cyl fox for a beater for cheap.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BruThru2002
i put a 87 turbocoupe motor in my 93 ranger i had before i bought the stang. That was a bad *** little truck. Got it into the 13's before i sold it. And it was all junk yard parts

2000 Mustang....
~ Performance Red, New Mach 1 (Mag 500) rims, Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, Black Letters & Rocker stripes, Sony - Rockford Fosgate system
-Billy
BruThru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 07:14 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
it's ok to go import just don't turn rice. eclipses suck, pick another model please!

(i have driven a 7-8psi eclipse on a stock (really blah) motor and it wasn't impressive at all. i know my car n/a wouldn't be far behind it at all.)
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #16
Road Trip!

GSX'S rule and i was considering one but let me warn you that i found out that DSM parts r not very reliable and a lot of ppl with modded GSX's had to do a lot of work on them often. Thats why i decided against one. They r quick tho AWD turbo puts them at low 14's stock. Pretty much the same as an SRT maybe a tad slower.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:32 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh @ this thread.

id keep a v6 mustang over a neon, or a eclipse anyday!
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 09:53 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

DSMs and imports are muy bueno

another one has come to the darkside
Old 12-04-2003, 10:32 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
haha you haven't GONE to the darkside yet, that would require having an import car. hahahaha.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:36 AM   #20
Road Trip!

srt4's arent imports
Old 12-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Crispy
Good taste Zim, GSX's and GS-T's are my fave imports. My friend might be selling his I think he's askin around 7500 for it, once i get the info i'll post it for ya.
Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 11:38 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesFromBrussels
srt4's arent imports
Yeah they are, they're Mercedeses
Old 12-04-2003, 03:44 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to white99
srt4's are domestic rice
BBK CAI, Steeda UDP, UPR Blue Thunder Shifter, Dual Exhaust with Flowmaster 40 Series, 17x9 03 Cobra Wheels, H&R Super Sports, Steeda C/C plates, Steeda Graphics Package, Mach 1 Grille Delete, MAC White Face Gauges, Steeda Billet Interior pieces, thumpin system with 2 JL Audio 10's

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/6196/sig142.jpg
My Cardomain Page
white99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 04:22 PM   #24
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6352&item=2446662195

mmmmmmmmm

I like toys
Old 12-04-2003, 06:28 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6PowerStang
haha you haven't GONE to the darkside yet, that would require having an import car. hahahaha.
yeah, well thats not by choice. i'dda had an import back in october if the damn parents gave me that little piece of paper saying i can trade it in. BUT NOOOOOOOOO!!!.

maybe they'll surprise me for xmas. one can only wish
Old 12-05-2003, 12:30 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Zim not to worry, you are not alone in the search for a GST. i too am looking for them. so hard to find an actual one, let alone a 5 speed and a clean one with alright mileage.the turbo MUST be rebuilt after 80k miles, so if its over and no rebuild its CRAPOLA. i see nothing wrong with an eclipse. its kinda an import (still just a dodge engine, right?) with the proper tuning they can take cobras. heres a link to a page with modded DSM's. http://www.teamnabr.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1
theres a 600hp dyno run on one of them at the bottom kinda. i know 600hp on any import will kill any supercharged V8. period. theres such a fat *** aftermarket for body kits and parts and such. You also can get just a GS and theres turbo kits for them for about 2g's that will make the base gs a turbo gs and faster than a stock GST, and your insurance will still be for a gs, not a gst. thats a big + cause you can save more money for nos and such. im still looking for a stang though, but the list is like this, Eclipse(GS or GST, 5spd), then stang(v6,5spd), a 00+Celica 5spd, a 96-00 Civic(dx or Si, 5spd) so whatever comes first on the list is what ill get.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:10 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
: FORD all the way.......
Old 12-05-2003, 11:29 AM   #28
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

i want a GSX... not GST makes my life even harder

I like toys
Old 12-05-2003, 06:06 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
good luck, i cant even find a gsx in manual form within 100 miles radius of me. i looked in autotrader, and out of 55 eclipses i found only 5 were gst, and only 2 were manuals. have fun.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TbirdMan91169
Zim not to worry, you are not alone in the search for a GST [...] i know 600hp on any import will kill any supercharged V8. period. theres such a fat *** aftermarket for body kits and parts and such. [...] thats a big + cause you can save more money for nos and such. [...] a 96-00 Civic(dx or Si, 5spd)
Ricer logic all the way. 8)
Old 12-05-2003, 06:38 PM   #31
Road Trip!

srts own GSX's 8)
Old 12-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser02
Quote:
Zim not to worry, you are not alone in the search for a GST [...] i know 600hp on any import will kill any supercharged V8. period. theres such a fat *** aftermarket for body kits and parts and such. [...] thats a big + cause you can save more money for nos and such. [...] a 96-00 Civic(dx or Si, 5spd)

ill be having a 600hp import here if my parents ever give me the title to my car. and its true, there is a larger selection of body kits and (excluding the 5.0 mustang) more aftermarket for mods in general too. "nos" is a common term and it is used on even a corvette forum that i read at. it gets the point across. dont hate. hell, its even a brand like Kleenex or Q-tip. it has just become engraved in our vocabulary. (and dont talk about F&F, because it was common word before that movie's script was ever written). now if he saw NAWSS or somethign like that, then you could make fun of him.

i dont see what all the hate about "ricers" are. they are two totally different types of people than mustang people. do you even know anything about "ricer" engines? anything about how turbo-back exhaust on a stock car can dyno 50whp (there is one for the evo that does it and has dynos to prove it) or how cam gears work? import engines are totally different than the pushrod v6's we have in our cars. different mods yield different gains on different cars. --> its true there are some ignorant import drivers that think a cai can add 30hp, but there are also some ignorant domestic owners.

people need to stop hating on "ricers" as the whole import scene. there are several imports that could spank a supercharged V8 and many of the owners know what theyre talking about. youre just stereotyping and lumping all import owners into one group.... ignorant and wrong. grow up and realize that for the most part, imports are more technologically advanced than, for sure, our pushrod engines, and even some of the american SOHC and DOHCs out there. look at VTEC and the awd platforms on some of these cars. look at the skyline's tranny. one of (if not THE) best transissions out on the market. hands down. (dont say the skyline is so great cause its so super expensive and what not. if it were sold in the states, it would have cost ~$40k. its just expensive because you have import tarrifs because it is not a standard imported car and street-legalizing fees.) or look at the supra's I6. there are people making 1000rwhp WITHOUT nitrous on the stock bottom end. thats pretty freaking good. even the 03 cobra cant claim that. then even look at a civic si's VTEC. one of the flattest torque curves for any car. VTEC is just superior technology.

enough ranting for me. i just wish people would stop hating against a group of individuals for no apparent reason other than: "its a mustang site, so i have to be all for ford, and not an overall car guy"
Old 12-05-2003, 07:42 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

You obviously missed all my posts on 3.8. I have nothing but love for my ricer friends. And Toyota Supras are my favorite car. :yes:

The thing -I- found funny was the blanket "A 600hp import will kill -any- supercharged v8" Which is a load of crap. And the other things about body kits, and nos, and civic dx's just made it that much richer.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:07 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
Quote:
Quote:

ill be having a 600hp import here if my parents ever give me the title to my car. and its true, there is a larger selection of body kits and (excluding the 5.0 mustang) more aftermarket for mods in general too. "nos" is a common term and it is used on even a corvette forum that i read at. it gets the point across. dont hate. hell, its even a brand like Kleenex or Q-tip. it has just become engraved in our vocabulary. (and dont talk about F&F, because it was common word before that movie's script was ever written). now if he saw NAWSS or somethign like that, then you could make fun of him.

i dont see what all the hate about "ricers" are. they are two totally different types of people than mustang people. do you even know anything about "ricer" engines? anything about how turbo-back exhaust on a stock car can dyno 50whp (there is one for the evo that does it and has dynos to prove it) or how cam gears work? import engines are totally different than the pushrod v6's we have in our cars. different mods yield different gains on different cars. --> its true there are some ignorant import drivers that think a cai can add 30hp, but there are also some ignorant domestic owners.

people need to stop hating on "ricers" as the whole import scene. there are several imports that could spank a supercharged V8 and many of the owners know what theyre talking about. youre just stereotyping and lumping all import owners into one group.... ignorant and wrong. grow up and realize that for the most part, imports are more technologically advanced than, for sure, our pushrod engines, and even some of the american SOHC and DOHCs out there. look at VTEC and the awd platforms on some of these cars. look at the skyline's tranny. one of (if not THE) best transissions out on the market. hands down. (dont say the skyline is so great cause its so super expensive and what not. if it were sold in the states, it would have cost ~$40k. its just expensive because you have import tarrifs because it is not a standard imported car and street-legalizing fees.) or look at the supra's I6. there are people making 1000rwhp WITHOUT nitrous on the stock bottom end. thats pretty freaking good. even the 03 cobra cant claim that. then even look at a civic si's VTEC. one of the flattest torque curves for any car. VTEC is just superior technology.

enough ranting for me. i just wish people would stop hating against a group of individuals for no apparent reason other than: "its a mustang site, so i have to be all for ford, and not an overall car guy"

PREACH ON MY 4 BANGIN TURBO BROTHA!!
Old 12-05-2003, 11:13 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
You obviously missed all my posts on 3.8. I have nothing but love for my ricer friends. And Toyota Supras are my favorite car. :yes:

i appologize then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesFromBrussels

PREACH ON MY 4 BANGIN TURBO BROTHA!!

gotta represent yo! 8) :thumb2:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar