Everyone is stupid sometimes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Everyone is stupid sometimes

The girl I've been seeing has just decided she will no longer be eating meat.

Now, let me explain first.

She informed me the other day that she had just watched a vegan-friendly documentary on animal cruelty and food process of animal byproducts, and she cried. I was not even allowed to be sarcastic because it disturbed her so deeply and was super super seriol (Al Gore south park voice).

I know vegetarians. Their decisions were very well researched and detailed over a long period of time and I respect them for that, even though they're wrong...lol. But this girl watches one documentary from a biased point of view and decides she's had it.

No. Just....no.

This is making me reconsider this whole relationship unfortunately, on multiple levels. This girl is making a very expensive decision because she watched ONE MOVIE. I have most vegetables. I also love cooking, and I find no joy in cooking vegetarian meals for anyone. She has also been delving more and more towards the Buddha mindset. Getting into meditation and yoga whenever her laziness allows. She also just got a Hamsa tattoo last night. She also has the typical girl tattoos of a dream-catcher and her Zodiac symbol.

I think this girl is going full ****** trying to "find herself".

"I still eat cheese and stuff, and like eggs that I buy from someone that raises a few chickens. Just mostly vegan." - the text I JUST received from her.

I try not to be too harsh with people I care about...but this girl may be too dumb for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Are you seeing a teenager? LOL. Am eal without meat is like decaf coffee or non-alcoholic beer... what's the point.

I agree on all points. My sister was a vegan and although she was wrong, I respected where she came from and her dedication. No leather or anything. She read, researched, and planned. Changing yourself on a whim says allot about mentality.

My worthless 2 cents, lol.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Are you seeing a teenager? LOL. Am eal without meat is like decaf coffee or non-alcoholic beer... what's the point.

I agree on all points. My sister was a vegan and although she was wrong, I respected where she came from and her dedication. No leather or anything. She read, researched, and planned. Changing yourself on a whim says allot about mentality.

My worthless 2 cents, lol.
I seriously think that sometimes. I've known her since she was 16 or 17 and she acts just the same at 23, but I used to contribute that to just "girls will be girls". She has a 4 year old daughter that's 1-2 years ahead of her age and I'm seriously afraid for her future living with a mother like this, that is to say if she doesn't get her sht together.

She runs her mouth constantly about people she doesn't know, and gets mad when they return it. She no longer argues with me because she admits I'm much smarter than her and am usually (always) right. She also no longer asks my opinion unless she truly wants an honest opinion.

I won't be able to hold my tongue when she slips up on claiming to be vegetarian and I catch her eating meat and/or giving up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well I am 39 and haven't grown up completely lol. That said usually a kid makes a difference. Wish I could help more bro. Truth is most people say go with your heart but that can be misleading, use your mind too. Deep down you will know if it is right or not. People hate change and hate breaking up, they tend to put up wit it. I dod for 15 yrs, finally had to get a divorce. Hard but better off now. So are kids.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Haha oh don't get me wrong, I'll be 25 next month and I'm dead-set on never growing up. I should also add; she's still married. Currently separated and it's going to be one nasty divorce.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
Haha oh don't get me wrong, I'll be 25 next month and I'm dead-set on never growing up. I should also add; she's still married. Currently separated and it's going to be one nasty divorce.
My girlfriend is still married divorce going through a bad divorce. I'm in same boat. And having lots of the same issues. If you lived in naples I'd but you a beer so we could talk man, lol. I am on edge of just saying F'it.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
The girl I've been seeing has just decided she will no longer be eating meat.

Now, let me explain first.

She informed me the other day that she had just watched a vegan-friendly documentary on animal cruelty and food process of animal byproducts, and she cried. I was not even allowed to be sarcastic because it disturbed her so deeply and was super super seriol (Al Gore south park voice).

I know vegetarians. Their decisions were very well researched and detailed over a long period of time and I respect them for that, even though they're wrong...lol. But this girl watches one documentary from a biased point of view and decides she's had it.

No. Just....no.

This is making me reconsider this whole relationship unfortunately, on multiple levels. This girl is making a very expensive decision because she watched ONE MOVIE. I have most vegetables. I also love cooking, and I find no joy in cooking vegetarian meals for anyone. She has also been delving more and more towards the Buddha mindset. Getting into meditation and yoga whenever her laziness allows. She also just got a Hamsa tattoo last night. She also has the typical girl tattoos of a dream-catcher and her Zodiac symbol.

I think this girl is going full ****** trying to "find herself".

"I still eat cheese and stuff, and like eggs that I buy from someone that raises a few chickens. Just mostly vegan." - the text I JUST received from her.

I try not to be too harsh with people I care about...but this girl may be too dumb for me.
The fact that you are both dating women who are still married is more troubling than a person's decision to turn vegan after seeing one documentary.

Does this lady call you stupid or ****** for still wanting to eat meat? At least she's not judging you and bashing you on an open internet forum. Sounds to me like she would be better off without you. If you don't love & care for her, you need to "grow up" and walk away. Nobody's daughter deserves to be treated the way your are talking about this lady.

You said...
Quote:
Haha oh don't get me wrong, I'll be 25 next month and I'm dead-set on never growing up.

At some point in your life, I really hope you grow up. Realizing that every person is somebody's son or daughter and should be treated with respect is one of the first steps to maturity. A true test of if you are treating her the way she deserves to be treated would be for you to print this thread and go in person to this lady's father and read it to his face.

I recommend you leave this lady so she can find herself and allow you to find yourself as well. And if you don't want to grow up or "find yourself," then at least leave her so she can work on improving herself without somebody negative bashing her for at least trying to be a better person.

Good luck.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Bro, you seem to be dating an inspiring hippy. haha.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If stupid things like this annoy you, it'd be best to cut the ties. Don't mean that offensively, it's only that you're 25 and pretty soon (within the next 5-10 years) you'll be married (making certain assumptions here, forgive me if I'm wrong) and real life problems will come in. Family, shared bank accounts, etc. are problems that you'd have to deal with. Those are big issues that are gonna put your relationship with her to the test. If you're getting frustrated with her behavior now, I could only imagine it would get worse, you know?

I guess I'm just the kind of guy that feels that if you can't see yourself with the person for the long haul, then there's no real reason to be with them at all. Why do we ultimately date, after all? And once you find that girl, hold onto her with every fiber of your being.

Wow I just got extremely sappy... Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
The fact that you are both dating women who are still married is more troubling than a person's decision to turn vegan after seeing one documentary.

Does this lady call you stupid or ****** for still wanting to eat meat? At least she's not judging you and bashing you on an open internet forum. Sounds to me like she would be better off without you. If you don't love & care for her, you need to "grow up" and walk away. Nobody's daughter deserves to be treated the way your are talking about this lady.

You said...

At some point in your life, I really hope you grow up. Realizing that every person is somebody's son or daughter and should be treated with respect is one of the first steps to maturity. A true test of if you are treating her the way she deserves to be treated would be for you to print this thread and go in person to this lady's father and read it to his face.

I recommend you leave this lady so she can find herself and allow you to find yourself as well. And if you don't want to grow up or "find yourself," then at least leave her so she can work on improving herself without somebody negative bashing her for at least trying to be a better person.

Good luck.
First off, no. Just because someone is married on paper, doesn't mean they are. You can tell me how marriage is a government institution all day, but if two people don't want to be together and hate each other with every fiber of their being, it's over.

Second, everyone judges. She doesn't like things I do, just as I don't like some of the things she does. No one is perfect. It's how you act on those judgments that defines you.

Third, respect is earned. There is a difference between common courtesy and respect. I will not "disrespect" someone until it is justified. I will also not respect someone I have never met simply for existing. I have been accused of "disrespect" before when I was simply giving an honest opinion that was poorly received, so I'm a bit apprehensive when people start trying to tell me what respect is.

Fourth, I have known this girl for over 7 years. We have had our ups and downs like anyone else in a lengthy relationship. Her family is very open, and so am I. Her father already knows how I feel, so does she, and I don't pull any punches. Have you ever been in a relationship and thought "maybe we should just stop", but then after a cool-down period you realize how much you actually care about that person, despite their quirks and faults?

Love is not agreeing with everything someone does. Love is acceptance. I have accepted that she makes snap decisions that aren't always the best. I do the same sometimes, and she tells me when I'm being an idiot.

I should also add that we tried veggie "bacon" last night...it was not good.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
If God didn't want us to eat animals why did He/She make them out of meat?

poor impulse control.

seriously: I eat meat (just not every day) and find the fake meat stuff nasty. Stick with grains beans and tofu for protean and for the relationship advice I'm glad my Love and I have mostly worked that out (25+ years!) hint: compramise
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

That veggie bacon looked like Fruit by the Foot, smelled like bacon, and tasted like salty styrofoam. I researched a lot of nutrition stuff when I was practically living in the gym. I added grains, flax seed, etc to just about everything, but I couldn't imagine making meals out of them. Every diet has it's pros and cons, though.

For her it's the cruelty that gets her. She said she'd be fine if it was meat that was killed humanely...but we don't really have any places like that in the US. She mentioned a farm throwing all of the "baby boy chickens" into a huge grinder, so I tried to explain it to her from a business standpoint. They can't use roosters for anything, so feeding and sheltering them only costs money with no benefit in the end, so they get rid of them as easily as possible.

I get the feeling this is just a phase.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff

if slaughter houses had windows there would be more vegitarians....I will say vegan is way too strict for me.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

KSconvert, the title of your thread and everything you've posted clearly shows your age & maturity level. Try an experiment; save this thread and then in 20 years after you've gotten married & had kids, read your posts again. Hopefully, you'll feel completely different & realize how wrong this whole thread is.

I hope that if you ever have kids, especially any girls, that they don't end up with guys who think like what you've posted.

Peace.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

hint # 2 go on dates often. Sometimes all it takes is the diner and a walk in the woods or a movie. I will say we did go see Old Crow Medicine Show last week they are one of the best bands to see live.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
KSconvert, the title of your thread and everything you've posted clearly shows your age & maturity level. Try an experiment; save this thread and then in 20 years after you've gotten married & had kids, read your posts again. Hopefully, you'll feel completely different & realize how wrong this whole thread is.

I hope that if you ever have kids, especially any girls, that they don't end up with guys who think like what you've posted.

Peace.
I apologize. It should have been titled "everyone is stupid sometimes". I would also hope that I would not be a 25 year old that acts like he's 45, or vice versa. I tend to be a very logical and calculated person and it bugs me when people make impulsive decisions based on emotion, excluding any hypothetical "life or death" situation, but that's how other people work.

Are you going to honestly tell me that you have never had to vent about something that rubbed you the wrong way, then thought about it, calmed down and accepted it?

Also, in 20 years we won't have internet. So that argument is invalid.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
hint # 2 go on dates often. Sometimes all it takes is the diner and a walk in the woods or a movie. I will say we did go see Old Crow Medicine Show last week they are one of the best bands to see live.
Those are usually my go-to ideas, actually. I'm a big fan of walks, or just sitting in a cafe and talking. Live (see: good) music is hard to come by here though.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also, in 20 years we won't have internet. So that argument is invalid.
First of all, it's not an argument. Second of all, I posted "save" this thread. There are a number of ways to save it electronically that don't require the internet. And, there's this great invention that's been around for a few thousand years... it's currently called paper. You can print this thread onto it and keep it for 20 years.

Look. You're young & immature. I was too when I was younger. Like you, I didn't always see things the way more mature people did.

Leave married women alone. Because Karma is a b!tch. You don't want guys messing with your wife during your tough times. Besides, if this is such a frustration now, imagine it will only get worse.

Do both of you a favor & move on.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
First of all, it's not an argument. Second of all, I posted "save" this thread. There are a number of ways to save it electronically that don't require the internet. And, there's this great invention that's been around for a few thousand years... it's currently called paper. You can print this thread onto it and keep it for 20 years.

Look. You're young & immature. I was too when I was younger. Like you, I didn't always see things the way more mature people did.

Leave married women alone. Because Karma is a b!tch. You don't want guys messing with your wife during your tough times. Besides, if this is such a frustration now, imagine it will only get worse.

Do both of you a favor & move on.
I was being extremely sarcastic with that comment.

Also, I suppose it's a bit difficult to understand the marriage situation without my explaining it. The only thing barring the divorce is the fact that neither of them can afford it, and it will definitely involve lawyers thanks to the ex.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #20
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
You probably need to do some growing up yourself if you are willing to end a relationship based on someones food choices or personal views regarding their food choices. Dating a married woman is your choice but not a wise one especially when kids are involved. I can understand if you don't agree with that at this time but you will see that its much more than two people saying they are not married anymore because they don't want to be. If you can't respect her "food choices" now then you will be doomed later if you stay with her.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You probably need to do some growing up yourself if you are willing to end a relationship based on someones food choices or personal views regarding their food choices. Dating a married woman is your choice but not a wise one especially when kids are involved. I can understand if you don't agree with that at this time but you will see that its much more than two people saying they are not married anymore because they don't want to be. If you can't respect her "food choices" now then you will be doomed later if you stay with her.
It isn't the fact that she made the decision, it was the decision process that bugged me. The old adage "If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything". My mother has changed her religion 3 times. She was raised Catholic, became Christian after the divorce, then got remarried and became Baptist because that's what her husband was. When you're a strong-willed person, it's hard to ignore.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
I apologize. It should have been titled "everyone is stupid sometimes".
Changed it for ya

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #23
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
It isn't the fact that she made the decision, it was the decision process that bugged me. The old adage "If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything". My mother has changed her religion 3 times. She was raised Catholic, became Christian after the divorce, then got remarried and became Baptist because that's what her husband was. When you're a strong-willed person, it's hard to ignore.

I understand but as we grow our opinions change about everything. Sometimes its for the better. People usually find religion when something horrible happens to them or just because of their age and the stress of the daily grind. It happens and to each their own but to not want to be with her because of that is shallow IMO. Example: I just found out the other day that the owner of Jimmy Johns is a big game hunter for sport.....who the **** shoots a elephant for the pure fun of it? This is why I will never eat (and I really wanted to try their food) at Jimmy Johns. Ease up a little. Life is to short to stress the simple ****.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I love Jimmy John's.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
I love Jimmy John's.
I've only had it once because every single time I want it, I'm "outside the delivery zone" even though I'm less than 2 miles away.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

You do know that you can go there and eat, right?

Old 03-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You do know that you can go there and eat, right?
Yes, but the only Jimmy John's in my town are in places where you wouldn't want to park a brand new Mustang.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Everyone is stupid sometimes

Quote:
Yes, but the only Jimmy John's in my town are in places where you wouldn't want to park a brand new Mustang.

I built a ton of jimmy johns all over the US, and love their food, but I built one near Detroit I will not go back!!! But I do not work for them anymore nor do I think it's right what the owner does!!!
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar