Pet names - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Pet names

My middle dog is named ROUSH. Anyone else have animals named after car themes?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
My dogs name is London ... Named her after the city I got her from when she was a pup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pups.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	676.0 KB
ID:	151003  
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

ROUSH

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1395140307130.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	151005  
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
This was Winston. He was rescued from an abusive home. He died 4 years ago.

2003 Sonic Blue GT Vert
SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395279346.680077.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	831.5 KB
ID:	151194

Tyler's his name. Chewing everything and everyone in the house is his game.
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ForumRunner_20140320_155136.png
Views:	55
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	151278

There is Axel, the most feared dog on the couch.
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've always wanted to get a German Shepard named Shelby.

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
This is Nigel. He's a Border Collie, the breed originally comes from the border region between Scotland and England. Not only is Nigel a proper British name, he's really fast so I named him after my favorite F-1 driver Nigel Mansel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nigel small.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	151429  
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
This is Nigel. He's a Border Collie, the breed originally comes from the border region between Scotland and England. Not only is Nigel a proper British name, he's really fast so I named him after my favorite F-1 driver Nigel Mansel.
My oldest is a border collie. I love em, will definitely get another. Love those eyes.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Little Bear
Old 03-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Wr had a dog named Shelby. Our other dog was Shnopps.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My dog Sky
Shes drives me crazy with how many things she bites but i love my lab

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395470420.833640.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	725.4 KB
ID:	151483Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395470439.388198.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	546.0 KB
ID:	151484
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
This is Kai. She's a 7-year old lab/pitbull mix. We adopted her from the SPCA in November 2011 just before her 5th birthday. By far, she is the sweetest and most loving dog ever. Kai is just a huge cuddler and loves giving kisses.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	halloween 2012 7.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	154009   Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween 2012 8.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	154010  

vadersaysno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

I have 5 dogs, 2 cats and a bird but nothing with a car name... No, I am not a hoarder, my wife and I show dogs, have a few rescues as well and my wife always wanted a naked cat so one of the cats is a sphinx and the other is one that basically adopted herself on a visit to the farm next to my Parents' house lol. The bird is just an a-hole.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Arent most birds a-holes?? lol
vadersaysno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

This bird is an a-hole. We had a Macaw for awhile that was just a turbo *****. You hear stories about how they hate everyone after awhile. We had her in a wide open 6x6x4 cage with a ****ton of toys, the best food, macadamia nuts, she was out on a huge Manzanita stand every day and she still hated us all. We had to take her back to the store for consignment after she decided she was going to start breaking out of her cage, breaking into the other bird's cage and try to kill him.

The current bird is an ***, but he's an *** in a funny way and he loves my wife. He's also pretty small since he's an Eclectus Parrot a little smaller than a Grey and he's quiet and he talks and he doesn't eat much and he makes very little dust.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
This is Blitz...or Bolt. His previous owners named him Blitz, but I'm thinking about naming him after his animated twin. They just didn't have time for him anymore. He's a 2 year old mutt mixed with Husky, German Shepherd, Samoyed and a touch of wolf. He dwarfed my friend's husky at their first play date yesterday.

http://instagram.com/p/mnu17ahp2D/

http://instagram.com/p/mwBXe7hp4D/
Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Hopefully he works out well for you, every single one of those breeds you listed is a super high energy dog but if that's your lifestyle it'll be great.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

And this is Bruce. He still has 20-30 lbs to go and is currently sitting at 140lbs. My daughter is 42" btw and she's not slouching much there so you can get an idea of how damn big he really is. I laugh when ppl say they are used to big dogs because they have "an 80 lb Lab".

He currently is sitting at 2 points in AKC conformation showing but Wolfhounds are notoriously hard to finish before they hit full maturity.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	brucer.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	154037  

Old 04-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Hopefully he works out well for you, every single one of those breeds you listed is a super high energy dog but if that's your lifestyle it'll be great.
He's actually fairly lazy in the house. He doesn't get crazy unless I get crazy and provoke a sprinting episode, lol. He absolutely refuses to be led around on a leash though. He'll pull until he can't breathe, then calm down, take a few breaths and lean right back into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
And this is Bruce. He still has 20-30 lbs to go and is currently sitting at 140lbs. My daughter is 42" btw and she's not slouching much there so you can get an idea of how damn big he really is. I laugh when ppl say they are used to big dogs because they have "an 80 lb Lab".

He currently is sitting at 2 points in AKC conformation showing but Wolfhounds are notoriously hard to finish before they hit full maturity.
I can't stand when people call mine a big dog. He's maybe 70-80lbs. My girl's mom refused to dog-sit the other day because "he's huge". I just had to blankly stare at her and tell her "....you know there are dogs twice his size, right? Those are big dogs. This guy is normal size."
Old 04-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol, you should see some of the bigger English Mastiffs and a full blown 3-4 year old mature Wolfhound. Bruce is going to go up another 2 inches probably and get wide and most of the extra weight he is going to put on will be pure muscle. Dog is POWERFUL as is but we've got him trained awesome and you can leash walk him with a pinkie if you wanted to. You have to train a dog his size to behave or you can really hurt someone just because of the sheer size factor.

Also, even with the issues coming from just weight, a dog's size doesn't have nearly as much to do with watching it as temperament. Bruce takes up a lot of physical space but he usually lays down or sleeps a lot. If you have a high energy Terrier or something that only weighs a little it can take up a LOT more "actual" space if you get what I'm saying. Bruce will not tear anything up or chew or mark or go nuts when someone walks by the house and is the sweetest dog in the world. I've seen some 20 lb whatever dogs that if you leave the room for 5 seconds say goodbye to your couch.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Haha my buddies up in college had a Great Dane in their house. All it did was sit in or lay down on anything that wasn't the floor. Actual "big" dogs always seem to be great in apartments or small houses because they're so inactive. I feel bad not having a yard for mine to run around in, but the first thing going in when I get a house is a very tall privacy fence.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

I did my own semi privacy fence for pretty cheap. 9 ft tall 2" posts spaced about 8 ft apart, did the whole string thing so the lines were all straight and holes were even. Then dug 3 ft down, concrete in there, used a post level and then put some 2x4s in a crossing pattern on each post to keep it still till the concrete set. Then after concrete is set I got some of those cross brackets that have a 2" diameter crossing with a 1 and 5/8 diameter and did 1 and 5/8 horizontal posts on the top AND bottom (for chain link a dog WILL push under it if there is no bottom bar securing the links themselves). Finally... 100 ft of 6 ft high vinyl coated 2" chain link is $100 so I just measured, purchased and installed it. Secured one end to the post with brackets and then took a cable puller hooked to my 7,000+lb truck (redneck I know) and tightened the fence up until it was good. Then while its still tight and attached to the cable you secure it to the end post with more brackets and then release tension on the cable. After the whole fence was done it actually took longer to install privacy slats than it did to put the whole fence up. It was easy, just takes forever.

Or just buy the DIY vinyl fencing system which I may do next time if I do a new fence. I am trying to get orders down to Andrews in Virginia and will have to rent this house I'm in now for 2 years before I become eligible for a 2nd mortage using rental income as earned income (banks require 2 years of proven rental income) so I'll need to go into base housing and if those bastards don't have fences, yours truly is going to have to do it all over again or let our dogs out on leashes for 2 years. Eff that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar