Sweet Justice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Sweet Justice

We've all had that guy who follows an inch from your bumper, well one lady caught it on camera.

Video of Tampa driver's "instant karma" crash proves popular - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Guy was definitely being an a-hole and I'm sure his ego shrunk 3 sizes that day but the cameraman in this situation isn't being very safe either. Driving slower than 60 in the car left lane on what looks to be a major thoroughfare? And how about RECORDING A 2 MINUTE VIDEO while driving a car?! Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Surprised they don't use the video as evidence of reckless driving for using a video camera while driving and for impeding traffic. Truck driver's just a dumbass.

2003 Sonic Blue GT Vert
SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Yea the truck driver was being an *** but that lady wasn't any better. Legally she is supposed to move over and let faster traffic pass. I'd be pissed off too
Jlp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
The video is now marked "private", and cannot be opened. A "private" news vid???
Old 04-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlp06 View Post
Yea the truck driver was being an *** but that lady wasn't any better. Legally she is supposed to move over and let faster traffic pass. I'd be pissed off too
Technically passing is for cars under the speed limit. If she was holding the lane at speed then she was fine. BUT, if she was able to switch to the right, then she should have regardless of tailgater. If that makes sense.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
Technically passing is for cars under the speed limit. If she was holding the lane at speed then she was fine. BUT, if she was able to switch to the right, then she should have regardless of tailgater. If that makes sense.

Right. It's an unspoken/unwritten rule to get over for faster traffic but even the fast traffic isn't supposed to be going over the posted speed limit. If they are, then they're breaking the law and the left lane rule doesn't really apply. That's all hypothetical, of course. In the real world, it's totally different. However, on the DC beltway, if you aren't going at least 85 miles an hour, expect to be tailgated. It's insane considering the speed limit is 55. Having said that, most of America's speed limits are artificially low, mainly so police departments can write tickets. If you are driving on a 6 lane, perfectly straight and flat road, 55 miles per hour is absolute rape. The whole 55 mph speed limit is a dinosaur anyways. It was come up with in a time when cars were only good for 55 miles per hour anyways. Nowadays, any new car can pretty confidently drive at 70+.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Right. It's an unspoken/unwritten rule to get over for faster traffic but even the fast traffic isn't supposed to be going over the posted speed limit. If they are, then they're breaking the law and the left lane rule doesn't really apply. That's all hypothetical, of course. In the real world, it's totally different. However, on the DC beltway, if you aren't going at least 85 miles an hour, expect to be tailgated. It's insane considering the speed limit is 55. Having said that, most of America's speed limits are artificially low, mainly so police departments can write tickets. If you are driving on a 6 lane, perfectly straight and flat road, 55 miles per hour is absolute rape. The whole 55 mph speed limit is a dinosaur anyways. It was come up with in a time when cars were only good for 55 miles per hour anyways. Nowadays, any new car can pretty confidently drive at 70+.
Actually Speed limit of 55 was realtively recent in relation to a cars ability. MPH is calculated for maximum MPG. Nothing more BUT they do not get changed mainly for the reasons you stated. $$$

With the aerodynamics and efficiency of modern vehicles, best MPG can probably be attained at around 72-75.

I speed 100% of the time. Whether it is 5MPH or more but legally, we have to be careful.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Sweet Justice

Both people in that video are at fault. Yea the guy was impatient and riding her bumper. But in no way did she have to instigate it, just pull over and let him go by. Also recording a video that long while driving? Honestly I hate that woman more than the guy.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Video is probably marked private because its going to be used as evidence. And the guy recording is probably going to get in trouble too if someone wants to press for it.

America is effing terrible about lanes and passing. I spent some time in Germany recently and you STAY in the right lane unless you are passing and everyone respects it. We actually were briefed over there that if you are the ****** going slow in the left lane expect a cop to be notified REAL quick and they don't mess around over there. I'm not even kidding, its very dangerous to drive like a moron when you have certain no speed limit areas on the Autobahn and dude with a high powered car is coming up at 120mph+ and needs a clear passing lane. I wish we had more of that here. It is a law but nobody respects anything when they are driving or at least that's how it seems.

Don't get me started on driving and how its completely stupid that you have to take one test when you are 16/17 and then never re-tested again or have a legit road test in most states or anything. I guarandamntee that if you made everyone with a license re-test you'd pull at LEAST 25% off the road because they are a danger to themselves and others.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Agreed ^

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Video is probably marked private because its going to be used as evidence. And the guy recording is probably going to get in trouble too if someone wants to press for it.

America is effing terrible about lanes and passing. I spent some time in Germany recently and you STAY in the right lane unless you are passing and everyone respects it. We actually were briefed over there that if you are the ****** going slow in the left lane expect a cop to be notified REAL quick and they don't mess around over there. I'm not even kidding, its very dangerous to drive like a moron when you have certain no speed limit areas on the Autobahn and dude with a high powered car is coming up at 120mph+ and needs a clear passing lane. I wish we had more of that here. It is a law but nobody respects anything when they are driving or at least that's how it seems.

Don't get me started on driving and how its completely stupid that you have to take one test when you are 16/17 and then never re-tested again or have a legit road test in most states or anything. I guarandamntee that if you made everyone with a license re-test you'd pull at LEAST 25% off the road because they are a danger to themselves and others.
Scott DOES know!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Scott DOES know!
Yeah he knows a lot despite his username.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I know a few things... I DO know that if said test was to happen and even 5-10% of drivers were pulled off the road they'd drive illegally anyway because its either that or get fired for not showing up to work. Happens all the time with ppl who lose their license. Too proud to carpool or work at a job where that is not possible or too proud to take the bus/bus service does not exist where they live. Which is another problem, the mass transit system in this country is crap.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Scott DOES know!
Yeah he knows a lot despite his username.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar