Has anyone regretted getting a GT instead of the V6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Has anyone regretted getting a GT instead of the V6?

Hi Folks, I just recently acquired a 2013 GT Premium plus some options. I see this question posted the other way all the time in the V6 Forum; so thought I would bring out a fresh horse out of the stable.Let the beatings commence
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

I assume this will be a short uneventful thread so let me be the first to say...

HELL to the NO!!
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: California
Wtf no way do I EVER regret a v8. I'd be embarrassed to have a fart can ricer smoke my v6 with no balls lol. Than he'll tell everybody later that he smoked a mustang.. *tear* build what you got though I guess
wicked2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked2v View Post
Wtf no way do I EVER regret a v8. I'd be embarrassed to have a fart can ricer smoke my v6 with no balls lol. Than he'll tell everybody later that he smoked a mustang.. *tear* build what you got though I guess
Thanks 2Valve. Just so you know the 3.7 V6 I traded in on My new GT smoked Ricers and older Stangs for breakfast, 0-60 in 5.5. The different for me was the V6 Was farkin' fast, but now the Coyote 5.0 is Violent and this was my last chance in life to by a new car before I hit retirement.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Thanks 2Valve. Just so you know the 3.7 V6 I traded in on My new GT smoked Ricers and older Stangs for breakfast, 0-60 in 5.5. The different for me was the V6 Was farkin' fast, but now the Coyote 5.0 is Violent and this was my last chance in life to by a new car before I hit retirement.
AWESOME.... your retirement car. What a way to treat yourself man. Congrats and enjoy. Figured it was just a topic to post like allot of mine lol. That said I'm glad you got it and hope you love it!
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey ArtU

Congratulations on the GT 5.0
I'm betteing you will soup the hell out of that like you did your six.
I'm sure your gonna love the V8 Monster but stay in touch with us on the V6 3.7 part of the forum and let us know what your doing to the GT.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
No way Jose! If I really had to have a 6 instead of an 8 I would have bought a newer BMW 335i.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Oh I was waiting for this thread. I wanted to start it myself but didn't have the troll balls. Lol well let the games commence...

Idk why you ***wouldn't*** regret buying a V8 when, genuinely, a 4 banger is all you need and a V6 is already a little excessive. By the point in which you buy a V8, you're pretty much just a cylinder-hogging greedy b**tard.

did I do good?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post

did I do good?
Yes. I wish you were being serious and actually believed that though.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:

Oh I know my 2v ain't **** but I'd still take it over a fast v6 lol.

First question people ask when you tell them you have a mustang..

"Is it a v8?????"

"No"

"Oh............."

(Awkward silence) *crickets*

Im glad you traded.. At least your moving up now down lol

I love my slow gas guzzling 8 cylinders!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Yes. I wish you were being serious and actually believed that though.

Thank you, thank you. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

"Is it a v8?????"

"No"

"Oh............."

You must be young, I never heard that once...

Instead I can tell you I had 2v Owners in my 3.7 Cyclone during a pull tellin' me Damn Dude...
Old 04-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

"Is it a v8?????"

"No"

"Oh............."

And I'll see your 2v and raise you a Coyote.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
SNIP>>>> If I really had to have a 6 instead of an 8 I would have bought a newer BMW 335i.
Well, you know they have made the 6 a great track car. After I put my Car on the road race track as A newbie, my instructor, a NASA car race driver, put me in his BMW and I was like I was on a space Shuttle...I was Gonna..Die
Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #15

LOVE MY V8 GT!

Quote:
Hi Folks, I just recently acquired a 2013 GT Premium plus some options. I see this question posted the other way all the time in the V6 Forum; so thought I would bring out a fresh horse out of the stable.Let the beatings commence
Well I have not owned a V6 mustang but did test drive albeit that's nowhere near owning one for sure but can say I am truly happy with my new GT! I love the rumble, the beast of a car this is, how tight it looks and how much fun it is to drive!
midnightstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
AWESOME.... your retirement car. What a way to treat yourself man. Congrats and enjoy. Figured it was just a topic to post like allot of mine lol. That said I'm glad you got it and hope you love it!
Thanks, that is really "Serendipity" for me. I had great second hand cars in my young years (70s) we hopped up those back then, no internet, just hot rod magazines...

I then spend the majority of my life helping others, raising family, being responsible, etc... like it should be. I did have a few nice trucks, they help others like during this last snow storms in the Midwest where I got all folks in the family jump started or pulled out of their driveway.

But my first wife (now ex) mother of my Daughter said, get the car you can before you cant anymore, and like a rebel that is what I did. (and I still have my truck)

AND that is the rest of the Story....
Old 04-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #17
Road Trip!

What my avatar doesn't show you is my 2.3l foxbody
Old 04-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Congratulations on the GT 5.0
I'm betteing you will soup the hell out of that like you did your six.
I'm sure your gonna love the V8 Monster but stay in touch with us on the V6 3.7 part of the forum and let us know what your doing to the GT.
Ronnie
Yea you know you will keep seeing me post there. I was talking about how the V6 experience was a journey adventure on all the things I did with it from car shows to mods. If I had bought the GT first I would have made the mistake of getting a torque controlled Automatic and many other mistakes, and with the GT the 6 speed is the choice (Unless you have medical issues that I had to consider as well)

In the long run getting the 3.7 V6 first, doing car shows and mods,learning and otherwise actually made an enjoyable journey that now allowed me not to make stupid mistakes with the new car.

Art
Old 04-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I don't know why---But---

Not very many people have ever asked me what engine my car has. Many times I have came out of a store and found someone looking at my Mustang. People just say how nice it looks and most let me know of the one they or a friend had. I can't think of a single person that ever asked what engine I have.
Once in a while at a car show or cruise in I have been asked and when I say a 305 horsepower 3.7 V6 Nobody ever said anything bad about it.
It must be the color and the few things I have done to my Mustang that people like. It being a MCA with the 18 inch charcoal grey wheels and Candy Red paint make it stand out really nice.
Like I said before, I love a V8 but a V6 is all I need or want. Both are very good engines and not to be ignored when it comes to real world street performance.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Lol. Figured I'll trade both my GTs in on a new Prius!.. I mean, who really needs a V8, or anything with more than 200hp?...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1397792122.329826.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	899.0 KB
ID:	154342Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1397792159.177669.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	793.6 KB
ID:	154343Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1397792215.556217.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	915.3 KB
ID:	154344Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1397792250.932881.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	154345Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1397792309.379339.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	777.9 KB
ID:	154346
On second thought!.. F*** that!!! I'd rather continue to wake the neighbors at 5am every morning!... Hahahahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ha ha ha! Man I wish my cylinder deficient 3.7 had some balls. My 4.7 0-60 mph runs are just pathetic. I really hate getting smoked by those fart can ricers and just think, with a V8 that would never, ever happen.

Besides, who the heck could regret getting a V8? The rumble of the V8 is freaking awesome!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
On second thought!.. F*** that!!! I'd rather continue to wake the neighbors at 5am every morning!... Hahahahahaha

I put some exhaust on my gt, I wake the neighbors every morning too lol
Feint Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Not very many people have ever asked me what engine my car has. Many times I have came out of a store and found someone looking at my Mustang. People just say how nice it looks and most let me know of the one they or a friend had. I can't think of a single person that ever asked what engine I have.
Once in a while at a car show or cruise in I have been asked and when I say a 305 horsepower 3.7 V6 Nobody ever said anything bad about it.
It must be the color and the few things I have done to my Mustang that people like. It being a MCA with the 18 inch charcoal grey wheels and Candy Red paint make it stand out really nice.
Like I said before, I love a V8 but a V6 is all I need or want. Both are very good engines and not to be ignored when it comes to real world street performance.

Ronnie

That red does look damn good though
And I get asked all the time if it's a v8.

Latest statement from a coworker with a Mopar M tattoo..

Is that the one with a 4.6?

Yeah

Everybody had those..

What do you drive?

A suburban..

Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That red does look damn good though
And I get asked all the time if it's a v8.

Latest statement from a coworker with a Mopar M tattoo..

Is that the one with a 4.6?

Yeah

Everybody had those..

What do you drive?

A suburban..

I too get asked all the time if my car is a V8.

Latest statement from some random person.

Is that the 4.6 engine?

Nah , it has the little 3.7

Isn't that just as powerful as the 4.6 engine , with two less cylinders and cost thousands less than the older V8's when they were brand new.

Why yes it is!

Popcorn , doggy dance !
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I too get asked all the time if my car is a V8.

Latest statement from some random person.

Is that the 4.6 engine?

Nah , it has the little 3.7

Isn't that just as powerful as the 4.6 engine , with two less cylinders and cost thousands less than the older V8's when they were brand new.

Why yes it is!

Popcorn , doggy dance !

Is the doggy dance the same as a leg hump?

Are the 3.7 faster than the current gen v6 camaro?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Is the doggy dance the same as a leg hump?

Are the 3.7 faster than the current gen v6 camaro?
Similar but not exact as a leg hump. As far as the 3.7 faster than the current gen V6 Camaro. No way bro. Nothing is faster than the V6 Camaro except the older Camaro's back from 2004-2007. ( doggy dance again) ha ha ha

The V6 Camaro's kick my butt every time. Curse you GM! The 3.7's just don't have the power like those older V8's have.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Similar but not exact as a leg hump. As far as the 3.7 faster than the current gen V6 Camaro. No way bro. Nothing is faster than the V6 Camaro except the older Camaro's back from 2004-2007. ( doggy dance again) ha ha ha

The V6 Camaro's kick my butt every time. Curse you GM! The 3.7's just don't have the power like those older V8's have.

Damn that sucks :-/
Aren't they both heavier than ****?
A current gen mustang/camaro race is like a brick throwing contest
Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Damn that sucks :-/
Aren't they both heavier than ****?
A current gen mustang/camaro race is like a brick throwing contest
Very True, but combined the Camaro and Mustang still weigh less than the Challenger. Ha ha ha. So, things could worse.

I thought the 2004-08 Camaro's were very light.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Very True, but combined the Camaro and Mustang still weigh less than the Challenger. Ha ha ha. So, things could worse.

I thought the 2004-08 Camaro's were very light.

So true mopars are crazy heavy. The new chargers looks grew on me tbh and they got it right with the challenger.

I tried to pick a camaro up the other day.. Wasn't that light.. Ended up in a hospital
Old 04-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So true mopars are crazy heavy. The new chargers looks grew on me tbh and they got it right with the challenger.

I tried to pick a camaro up the other day.. Wasn't that light.. Ended up in a hospital
Lmao. Well, I hope your okay. The last time I tried picking up Camaro I gave myself a hernia and those match box cars are no joke.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
Sarcasm aside, the 3.7 destroys the v6 camaro. It eats the r/t challenger and is just as fast as the r/t charger. That's a 3.7 vs a 5.7 lol
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #32
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
STOP

DO NOT CONTINUE READING UNLESS YOU CAN TAKE A JOKE

Yes, because everyone asks if I have a small penis.........
Old 04-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cise View Post
Sarcasm aside, the 3.7 destroys the v6 camaro. It eats the r/t challenger and is just as fast as the r/t charger. That's a 3.7 vs a 5.7 lol
Yes that was my experiance with my past V6. The new GT 5.0 I have should hold its own if not squeak by the 6.2 Challenger SRT8 even. 302 Ford "Cammer" vs 392 Hemi

The new 3v and 4v Ford Heads even have sorta a semi-spherical -combustion chamber to them it seems to my eye?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I feel I wasted my $ on a 13 GT500. With the speed limits & cops around here, all that extra power is wasted. And the difference in insurance cost alone would pay the cost of gas for a V6 for a year.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes that was my experiance with my past V6. The new GT 5.0 I have should hold its own if not squeak by the 6.2 Challenger SRT8 even. 302 Ford "Cammer" vs 392 Hemi

The new 3v and 4v Ford Heads even have sorta a semi-spherical -combustion chamber to them it seems to my eye?
I just smoked a Challenger SRT8 the other day. They have more displacement and about 50 more horse but weigh a $h!+ Ton.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar