Sirius subscription? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Sirius subscription?

Anyone else do the call and cancel after your first month deal where they offer you half price for a year? I'm wondering if they'll offer the same deal again if I cancel again.
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I cancelled the trial a few months ago. About every week, I get something about how they will waive the reactivation fee and offer me 1 year of service for the same price as 6 months.

In fact, I received one of the letters today and shredded it.

Maybe it's not the same for former customers as it is for new car owners..

Another thing, the audio quality of Sirius/XM was horrible. It sounded like you were listening to it under water. Why anyone would pay for that is beyond me.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I cancelled the trial a few months ago. About every week, I get something about how they will waive the reactivation fee and offer me 1 year of service for the same price as 6 months. In fact, I received one of the letters today and shredded it. Maybe it's not the same for former customers as it is for new car owners.. Another thing, the audio quality of Sirius/XM was horrible. It sounded like you were listening to it under water. Why anyone would pay for that is beyond me.
Huh I've actually had great luck with the sound quality to me it sounds better than my iphone hooked up through Bluetooth or hardwire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It sounded worse than FM.... A lot worse. Not just my car either, a guy I do work for has a '14 Mustang and he says the same thing about how terrible the sound quality is.

Maybe it's our location?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You only got a month trial with your car? Got 3 months free with every car I've had that has Sirius, even a used car lol. Didn't have to call and cancel either. Just when it ran up....it was up.

I got offered the special on one of my other cars but never got any calls or offers for the stang. I'm sure if you call and ask them about it, you could get the special. When I cancelled an older subscription I had with them, they were throwing me deals left and right to try and get me to stay. I ended up renewing after the trial on the mustang but I'll be dropping the satellite radio and just using the travel link. The audio quality has always sounded great to me, I just don't really listen to it that much. Much happier with bluetooth and Spotify.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I got 6 months with mine. I waited a fee months and just paid for 3 months yesterday. I like having tons of music at my fingertips. It's the only way I can discover new music.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I got 6 months with mine. I waited a fee months and just paid for 3 months yesterday. I like having tons of music at my fingertips. It's the only way I can discover new music.
I know it's sick right! They play the best music commercial free and in my opinion it doesn't even compare to pandora

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
It sounded worse than FM.... A lot worse. Not just my car either, a guy I do work for has a '14 Mustang and he says the same thing about how terrible the sound quality is. Maybe it's our location?
Huh that is so weird I've never heard of that before
Old 05-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
I know it's sick right! They play the best music commercial free and in my opinion it doesn't even compare to pandora

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Huh that is so weird I've never heard of that before
There is absolutely no depth to the music at all. Noticed the same issue last night in my friends 2013 1LE Camaro.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Anyone else do the call and cancel after your first month deal where they offer you half price for a year? I'm wondering if they'll offer the same deal again if I cancel again.
I had it for one year and then cancelled it. They sent me several trying to get me back. Bit it was November and the car was warming up in the garage. Guess I need to get back on for $5 a month.

No problems in my are with reception.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar