Anyone work with Mustangs/Fords for a living? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BKV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Breaux Bridge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 295
Anyone work with Mustangs/Fords for a living?

I am currently in training for a Sales Consultant position at my hometown Ford dealer.... and I LOVE it! anyone else have a job working with Mustangs or Fords??
__________________
Current: 2015 GT Premium Performance Package-stock for now

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
I used to work for a local Ford dealer back in 2011 for half a year before I was let go because of a stupid speeding ticket. I was only a lube tech but I enjoyed it a lot. I had so many mustang pictures on my phone
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
G3ARH3AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: spartanburg
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 158
I work at at local ford dealership as well but as a tech
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BKV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Breaux Bridge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
I used to work for a local Ford dealer back in 2011 for half a year before I was let go because of a stupid speeding ticket. I was only a lube tech but I enjoyed it a lot. I had so many mustang pictures on my phone
yea, they are pretty strict about your driving record. surprised me at first, but makes sense I guess. and I'm surely enjoying the mustangs. I got to sit next to a GT500 in the showroom my first week. a distraction to say the least. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ARH3AD View Post
I work at at local ford dealership as well but as a tech
not a bad job either, getting to work on them and i'm sure driving them from time to time to ensure the issue is resolved
__________________
Current: 2015 GT Premium Performance Package-stock for now

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BKV6 View Post
yea, they are pretty strict about your driving record. surprised me at first, but makes sense I guess. and I'm surely enjoying the mustangs. I got to sit next to a GT500 in the showroom my first week. a distraction to say the least. haha



not a bad job either, getting to work on them and i'm sure driving them from time to time to ensure the issue is resolved
This one was a privately owned dealer and their insurance would only let me have one ticket on my license until I turned 21. I already had that one ticket so I was screwed when I got another speeding ticket.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BKV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Breaux Bridge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
This one was a privately owned dealer and their insurance would only let me have one ticket on my license until I turned 21. I already had that one ticket so I was screwed when I got another speeding ticket.
dang. well i'm not sure how it works here, but I know when I was in the process of applying for the job, the driving record was mentioned a lot and seemed to be of higher priority than even my drug screening. lol.
__________________
Current: 2015 GT Premium Performance Package-stock for now

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
G3ARH3AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: spartanburg
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 158
For some reason ours doesn't care much about driving record for us i. Service at least, and yes i get to drive tons of cars all day every day lol i have driven handfuls of roush, gt500, etc. i guess thats a slight perk to working on the cars
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
The dealer I'm at now doesn't care at all, about half our tech's have or have had a DUI. I think it comes down to whether or not it's a private dealer or national chain
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
G3ARH3AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: spartanburg
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 158
Yea probably
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BKV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Breaux Bridge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ARH3AD View Post
For some reason ours doesn't care much about driving record for us i. Service at least, and yes i get to drive tons of cars all day every day lol i have driven handfuls of roush, gt500, etc. i guess thats a slight perk to working on the cars
one of my favorite parts of my job. can't wait until we get a GT500, Roush, or similar on the lot so I can take it for a spin. All we have right now is a GT
__________________
Current: 2015 GT Premium Performance Package-stock for now

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
G3ARH3AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: spartanburg
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 158
Yea they don't let us drive the brand new 1s for more then 26 miles on the od due to a key selling point on those cars but its crazy when u drive them with the super charger not boosting yet feels like a normal gt and the out of no where hello boost lol
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BKV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Breaux Bridge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ARH3AD View Post
Yea they don't let us drive the brand new 1s for more then 26 miles on the od due to a key selling point on those cars but its crazy when u drive them with the super charger not boosting yet feels like a normal gt and the out of no where hello boost lol
I could about imagine....

just had a guy bring in a 2013 5.0 with twin turbos running around 1300hp.....
__________________
Current: 2015 GT Premium Performance Package-stock for now

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
G3ARH3AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: spartanburg
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 158
Thats crazy!
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BKV6 View Post
I am currently in training for a Sales Consultant position at my hometown Ford dealer.... and I LOVE it! anyone else have a job working with Mustangs or Fords??
So you went to the Dark Side, now your a Stealership Employee?
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BKV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Breaux Bridge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
So you went to the Dark Side, now your a Stealership Employee?
its not as bad as a lot of ppl think.
__________________
Current: 2015 GT Premium Performance Package-stock for now

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Muscle mustangs & fast fords triple-threat throwdown mm&ff_marc General Mustang Discussion 5 04-03-2010 10:40 AM
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords looking for SpectorV The Bar 3 09-28-2008 02:19 AM
5.0 Mustangs and Fast Fords Mag Article Justin 1979-1995 Mustang GT 11 08-02-2006 12:04 AM
Mustang Evolution to be featured in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Brent ME Site Help & Announcements 21 05-21-2006 12:50 PM
MM&FF (Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords) V6 Bolt Ons Power Parts Tested Seph Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 22 05-28-2004 03:22 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:07 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.