I need something to DO in South Georgia - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I need something to DO in South Georgia

All my friends keep telling me that I need to find some sort of "club" so I can spill my obsession with them instead of annoying my friends who don't really care lol. I've been looking but I can't find anything. How the heck do find a Mustang club? It'd be nice to have some friends with the same interest and obsession that I have. Am I just looking in the wrong places? I'm kid free this summer and I would love to be able to meet new people. And bum ideas and see what everyone else is running. Grimace is so close to being finished mechanically so I can start focusing more on upgrades and appearance.
Grimace96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Well, just google around and if you find something email or call about it. I would try to avoid ones where they meet up in Dunkin Donuts parking lots though...

Also, avoid anything that inserts a Z for an S or an X for EX as far as spelling/grammar. Like if you get an invite from "Xtreme Ridez", I'd definitely pass on that one.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Yea another good way is Facebook car clubs. Have meet some good people on there and a good way to find parts for sale locally. But you also can fine some ****ty people and ****ty clubs like Scotty said lol
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Granted, its not as bad as it was at the height of the FatF craze in the early 2000s. Seemed like every night you'd see 4 or 5 pos ricers in various stages of primer and unpainted fiberglass wing kits 3M taped to their cars, fart cans, neon lights, stick on wings, they would really go all out. I'm sure it still happens in some places but I have not seen it (thankfully) in awhile.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I thought the only club in southern Georgia was the KKK?
Old 06-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

^^ I don't know if that's allowed to be said on this forum, but I got a good chuckle out of it. Hahahaha
Old 06-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I thought the only club in southern Georgia was the KKK?

Whoa now.

They do still exist though. Lol.
I mean, I wouldn't know from experience but...I've heard stories.

The closest "club" I can find so far is in Tallahassee.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I have been to southern Georgia. Ended up going to some little town out in BFE for fuel and food, I noticed that nearly every truck had a gun rack and the gun had a white sheet wrapped around it.

I am a big white guy, I was "skeered", as they would say.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Here is one

Check out this one.

Georgia Mustang Club - Home

They seem to do a lot in your part of Georgia.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Check out this one.

Georgia Mustang Club - Home

They seem to do a lot in your part of Georgia.

Ronnie

Stone Mountain is nearly 6 hours away. I guess I'll just have to wait until the Pony Wars come back to South Georgia Motor Parkway.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

There is a club on face book called Georgia regional mustang club. And it looks pretty active.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
They seem to do stuff all over Georgia

The Club is in Warner Robbins from what I have read. Then again you can look for a "Muscle Car Club" Mustangs are usually included in those clubs.
I think there is a huge car show once a year in Valdosta so be on the lookout for when it happens.
Keep the web site for the Georgia club and that will let you know what events are going to be coming up and when. I live in Daytona and people have been to some of our local shows from as far as Atlanta and Savannah to attend for a day.
I have gone to shows as far as Pa. from Daytona and enjoyed the drive.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
^^ I don't know if that's allowed to be said on this forum, but I got a good chuckle out of it. Hahahaha
Me too lmao.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar