What is it with Kids Nowadays? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
What is it with Kids Nowadays?

I have a corner lot with a short driveway. I park my Mustang in the drive because the garage has my T/As in. I'm in my living room and three late teen girls, all of whom look like they haven't missed a meal any time recently, come walking down the street. Someone spots my car and must have headed over to it because the girl in front of my house yells "Oh my God, is she on top of the car?" I walk out my back door and look over the fence and see them standing in front of the car taking a picture of themselves. No biggie, until I pop the garage door open. At that point, they are up to the next house already. Sure enough, someone put a full hand print on my hood. I didn't yell at them, since the car is always outside, but asked them to not touch the car. I said I don't mind if they want to take their picture in front of it, but not to touch it. Of course they denied it, but wouldn't come back over to see the print. Finally one said, "Sorry, it happens" and laughed. All I needed were those hefty girls to be leaning or sitting on my aluminum hood.

We would have never thought of touching someone's car when we were younger. These kids don't even care when they get caught. Am I getting old, or was this wrong?
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
That's wrong, and that's coming from a 17 year old(18 in a week). I'll look at people's cars, but I won't touch them.

Granted, I actually have respect for people's possessions, many kids, and adults, do not.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
That's wrong, and that's coming from a 17 year old(18 in a week). I'll look at people's cars, but I won't touch them.

Granted, I actually have respect for people's possessions, many kids, and adults, do not.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Stuff like that happens. If you dd your car expect that to happen more often and be happy that all they left was a hand print. That's just how kids are and that's coming from someone that's 21. If I see a Shelby or boss I'll be taking selfies 👍
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Stuff like that happens. If you dd your car expect that to happen more often and be happy that all they left was a hand print. That's just how kids are and that's coming from someone that's 21. If I see a Shelby or boss I'll be taking selfies 👍

No problem with the selfies, but keep the hands off. It goes from being a compliment to pissing me off in a split second.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Taking pictures, I have no problem with, if they are standing beside it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
At least you know that burly girls wouldn't have the wherewithal to lift themselves up onto your hood.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
At least you know that burly girls wouldn't have the wherewithal to lift themselves up onto your hood.

Maybe not lift, but roll...
Old 05-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Maybe not lift, but roll...
LMAO! I laughed for a good while at that.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I used to have a friend who would always do that when we went to car shows. Hands over the door as he shoved his entire top half into a car, jean buttons and zipper resting on the paint. I used to have an 80's t-top Camaro in almost MINT condition. I had the tops off one day and he decided it was a good idea to JUMP over my closed door and into the passenger seat. His feet hit the seat cushion and then he plopped down into the seat. Turns out his foot hit something on the way. My perfect, immaculate dashboard now had a 3" crack in the corner.

I yelled at him twice.

Once for jumping into the car.

And again for bleeding in it.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Sucks at college, none of my "friends" can drive and are all the party type so they always want me to drive them to the store to get their drinks. So one time I took a few of them since they said they'd get me food, right down the road, no big deal. Well what happens when they have had some drinks already and get a ride in a loud Mustang. They go CRAZY, won't sit still, bouncing around, yelling. Oh and one of them slid their Arizona on my roof, needless to say that one never rode in the Mustang again.

There is a reason I put the Harness Bar in and took out my back seats.....

Also... lol this one is funny. That same guy that slid the arizona on my roof (also widely known to be a stoner) asked if i could drive him to the bank (i already knew what he needed money for), but i was working so i couldn't..

Then he asked if he could take my car................. LOLOLOLOLOL, i just flat out told him that he would never the Mustang.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #12

I park outdoors at my college and came out to find butt prints on my hood....butt prints!! Some one sat their fat *** on my car probably for a selfie. And thats not even after a week of owning the car. I was angry yet flattered.
VoodooKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:49 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooKR View Post
I park outdoors at my college and came out to find butt prints on my hood....butt prints!! Some one sat their fat *** on my car probably for a selfie. And thats not even after a week of owning the car. I was angry yet flattered.
I've gotten sunflower seeds spit on the car, my wipers are always flipped up when i come to the car, i had people wipe drawings of dicks onto the car.... All at college, and this isn't some community college. Its one of the top Business Colleges on the west coast, and it was still happening.

HID end all thread
Old 05-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I've gotten sunflower seeds spit on the car, my wipers are always flipped up when i come to the car, i had people wipe drawings of dicks onto the car.... All at college, and this isn't some community college. Its one of the top Business Colleges on the west coast, and it was still happening.
The future is looking bright.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:14 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I agree with you but sadly I think its more people now a days and not just kids. For me it all comes down to respect for my property. It doesn't matter if it is my old eclipse that was worth 3 grand or my brand new mustang that was 25 grand; have enough respect for me not to mess with my property. Part of it too is unless your a car person most people just see it as just a car, and honestly if you look at your average persons car they don't take care of it and could care less about it.

And it seems like the more you try and take care of your stuff the more people will go out of their way to mess with it. I cant even keep track of how many times I had to deal or experience idiots regarding my cars. In high school I had a LS1 Trans Am and I always took immaculate care of it as I do with all my cars. And people used to think it was funny leaving finger prints and putting crap on it to 'mess' with me and I about got into a fight over it one time. Also I generally always park at the back of parking lots and I've had people park next to me over the line just to irritate me when half the lot if empty as well as come out to shopping carts pushed into it. With my previous 370Z I came out to it one day to find that someone parked next to me and put a bag on the top for whatever reason and dragged it across the roof scratching the entire roof.

Sadly I've come to the realization that this is the world we live in where most or at least some people have no respect for other people or their property. Which is why I refuse to spend over a certain amount on a car (unless its a garage kept weekend only car) because I know no matter how much I try and take care of it some things are out of my control and idiots will find a way to mess it up.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:54 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Soccerluvr I think all of us college kids here could tell stories for days on how inconsiderate or ignorant most college kids are when it comes to vehicles (aka people's property... I guess they forget that part).
Old 05-30-2014, 05:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
ohhh the abuse my car has taken from others...

asked one large dude I worked with who was standing near my car with me and a friend not to lean on my car... he then laughs and starts pushing down on the back of the car like its funny because I said not to touch my car basically -_-

had a young child around 6 climb on top of my car completely naked in the winter and run all over my car causing some dents..
( kids parents are junkies, so not much I could do )

Co workers had wrapped another employees car in plastic wrap
( I refused to be apart of it as I would be pissed if someone did that to my car!) when he got back he figured it was me and threw all the wrap that was now full of crap from the ground on top of MY car!
not positive but my ocd led me to believe some new scratches appeared.....the next day he apologized and said that he only did it because I was the most likely one to have done it to his car lol guess that's what I get for always fooling around.
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:53 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Sadly I've come to the realization that this is the world we live in where most or at least some people have no respect for other people or their property. Which is why I refuse to spend over a certain amount on a car (unless its a garage kept weekend only car) because I know no matter how much I try and take care of it some things are out of my control and idiots will find a way to mess it up.

This rite here! I can afford a nice car.. I could go out today and get a 2014.. Only thing stopping me is the fact that I will stress out when the car isn't in the garage or I am not in it or around it.. People have no respect and it seems like you cant have anything nice in my city without someone ruining it for you!
That's the whole reason I drive a 2000 GT and not a newer cobra
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I wonder about all the people out here that post that they are buying Mustangs to take to college. Here's proof it might not be the best idea.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I agree with you but sadly I think its more people now a days and not just kids. For me it all comes down to respect for my property. It doesn't matter if it is my old eclipse that was worth 3 grand or my brand new mustang that was 25 grand; have enough respect for me not to mess with my property. Part of it too is unless your a car person most people just see it as just a car, and honestly if you look at your average persons car they don't take care of it and could care less about it.

And it seems like the more you try and take care of your stuff the more people will go out of their way to mess with it. I cant even keep track of how many times I had to deal or experience idiots regarding my cars. In high school I had a LS1 Trans Am and I always took immaculate care of it as I do with all my cars. And people used to think it was funny leaving finger prints and putting crap on it to 'mess' with me and I about got into a fight over it one time. Also I generally always park at the back of parking lots and I've had people park next to me over the line just to irritate me when half the lot if empty as well as come out to shopping carts pushed into it. With my previous 370Z I came out to it one day to find that someone parked next to me and put a bag on the top for whatever reason and dragged it across the roof scratching the entire roof.

Sad, but true...you're exactly right.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have to agree with the kid in the post #2. Kids are the most obvious outward sign of societies direction and tendencies. Our society has the opinion that they are entitled, everything should be available to everyone. I want, therefore I should have. If you have then ur either a jerk or a cheater. The reality is it comes down to a million things but respect is key. Respect for others, for hard work, for differences, opinions. This society has allot of problems but lack of respect and the sense of entitlement are the most concerning for me.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I have a corner lot with a short driveway. I park my Mustang in the drive because the garage has my T/As in. I'm in my living room and three late teen girls, all of whom look like they haven't missed a meal any time recently, come walking down the street. Someone spots my car and must have headed over to it because the girl in front of my house yells "Oh my God, is she on top of the car?" I walk out my back door and look over the fence and see them standing in front of the car taking a picture of themselves. No biggie, until I pop the garage door open. At that point, they are up to the next house already. Sure enough, someone put a full hand print on my hood. I didn't yell at them, since the car is always outside, but asked them to not touch the car. I said I don't mind if they want to take their picture in front of it, but not to touch it. Of course they denied it, but wouldn't come back over to see the print. Finally one said, "Sorry, it happens" and laughed. All I needed were those hefty girls to be leaning or sitting on my aluminum hood.

We would have never thought of touching someone's car when we were younger. These kids don't even care when they get caught. Am I getting old, or was this wrong?

We were at walmart one day in my boyfriend's 2012 Grand Sport, and didn't notice until we got home that there were distinct scuffs on the hood. We look a little closer and see *** prints. Someone sat on the hood and then slid off. Probably taking a picture on the hood. But seriously? Who does that? I don't even touch the paint on that car period.
Grimace96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I have to agree with the kid in the post #2. Kids are the most obvious outward sign of societies direction and tendencies. Our society has the opinion that they are entitled, everything should be available to everyone. I want, therefore I should have. If you have then ur either a jerk or a cheater. The reality is it comes down to a million things but respect is key. Respect for others, for hard work, for differences, opinions. This society has allot of problems but lack of respect and the sense of entitlement are the most concerning for me.

Amen!!!! Couldn't have said it better! A man who speaks the truth!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
unbelievable the lack of respect these days. when i take my step kids to car shows and such they know that they can look all they want but don't even THINK about touching. but, i do realize that there are so many out there that aren't taught that way. exactly as mentioned, everything in sight is available for THEM to do as they please with. i'll never understand it. spoiled maybe? parents being almost non-functional? so many reasons to go into it. but very, very, sad nonetheless.

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #25

Quote:
I wonder about all the people out here that post that they are buying Mustangs to take to college. Here's proof it might not be the best idea.
I bought a mustang but not FOR college. I had a Tundra that I used for work that would be hard to maneuver the bitty city parking spaces. And as it turned out insurance and gas was cheaper for the gt than my truck (I swear thats not bull****).
As for the topic, for the while i drove my truck to the college it seemed the bed of the tundra became the local trash dump
Old 05-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Where I park at school the middle schoolers walk by every afternoon and I've had kids stick chewed GUM on my hood and bumper multiple times...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
andrewheath09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #27
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooKR View Post
I bought a mustang but not FOR college. I had a Tundra that I used for work that would be hard to maneuver the bitty city parking spaces. And as it turned out insurance and gas was cheaper for the gt than my truck (I swear thats not bull****).
As for the topic, for the while i drove my truck to the college it seemed the bed of the tundra became the local trash dump
I'm guilty of throwing trash on trucks beds
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

See the thing is. I didn't big a car because of college. I bought the car I wanted in High School and since it was my car I brought it to college so I wouldn't be like half the school and have to take the bus everywhere.

My car isn't even the nicest. It's a private college. There are BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, 370Z Nismo, Ford Raptor and such. And I never see any of those messed with. Just the modified Mustang that is worth 1/4 of the price of the other cars there.

People do forget that a car is PROPERTY, I paid more for that car than most of my friends have seen in their life (maybe an exaggeration, but the people I was around this year in college still got allowances weekly from their parents)

HID end all thread
Old 05-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #29
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Funny thing is, in high school. I went to a public school, lots of ghetto people at the school always causing trouble, never once I had an issue there.

HID end all thread
Old 05-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm dreading taking mine.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #31
ME Bloodhound
Staff

What is it with Kids Nowadays?

For me everything happens at night since I live on campus. So if you commute in it may not be bad. Also no one at my school can park. I'm always worried about door dings... Examples:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401465960.071962.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	158202

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401465995.802404.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	158203

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401466038.883361.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	908.0 KB
ID:	158204

HID end all thread
Old 05-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I bought my Mustang at the start of my sophomore year of college and I've never had a problem. And I go to a school that has 30,000+ people on it at any given time. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 05-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #33
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I bought my Mustang at the start of my sophomore year of college and I've never had a problem. And I go to a school that has 30,000+ people on it at any given time. Lol
You are one of the lucky ones sir.

HID end all thread
Old 05-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are one of the lucky ones sir.

Must be. But I always park far far far away from everyone else.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #35
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Must be. But I always park far far far away from everyone else.
Sucks for me because there is literally not even enough parking on campus. I try not to move the car so i don't have to drive around school for 20 minutes looking for a spot. So at times i have no choice but to park next to idiots.

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar