Snitch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Snitch

2015 Ford Mustang will tell authorities how you crashed and if you were belted [w/video] - Autoblog
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Welcome to the new world order...

I suppose that it would be easy enough to disable, but still.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Wow, big brother

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sparky9445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm fairly sure the 13s also track acceleration, pedal deflection, and other metrics which are available to authorities in a black box kind of setup... It's stated in that binder of an owners manual they come with. I'm sure seatbelt use is tracked too. Overall it's not bad as long as your not being an idiot. Should help prove guilt in some of the nastier crashes or innocence.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Hmmmmmmm. Wondering if this is a contract deal when you purchase the car. If that's the case it will have no effect on people who don't want it.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I don't see that the car is sharing anything with the dispatchers that the police couldn't have gathered themselves once they arrived at the scene. Seat belts, speed, type of accident? All stuff they'd know anyways. The car is just telling them quickly so that they can respond accordingly.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

They also can use the black box to determine if you are speeding. As in another case, someone rented a car in Tuscon, Arizona. They didn't bother to read the rental agreement. They couldn't drive the car out of the state. As they went to California, they voided their agreement and got hit a large fine.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It records that last five seconds before a vehicle impact. This is where most people screw up. They try to lie and say they were driving the speed limit or less. Of course, they download the black box and they have you.

I would think that after a vehicle impact, I wouldn't be able to remember how fast I was driving.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Every car records these metrics. This is why the insurance companies are offering a "discount" if you plug them into you car and give them access to your driving habits.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
This """AIN"T """ nothing new ***********

They have been putting these boxes in car since 1997. The information is just to be used to make safer and better cars.
I hope you really don't think or believe that any of these car company's would ever sell any information to insurance company's or anybody else to use or study.
Here is a true story:
A Red 1998 Corvette convertible was reported stolen in Bunnel Florida in 1999.
The factory GPS embedded in the Corvette was used in late 99 to locate the car after the insurance company got permission from the courts to use it.
A black Corvette was located at the same place the red one was stolen from with a different VIN tag attached. Tagged as a 1999 and owned by the original person that reported his 98 stolen.
The insurance company could not just use the GPS without a courts approval and they still can't. As you all have heard that in several severe circumstances the courts have approved use of the black box information.

In 2012 there were 46,000 accidents caused by drivers texting. They just looked at phone records. In 2013 the President ( AS WISE AS HE IS) said the Police and insurance company's can not abuse a citizens privacy by checking cell phone records without a courts approval. Now we will never know how many actual accidents occur from idiot fools texting while trying to drive at the same time.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Which is why they offer a discount for you to volunteer to allow them access. You can plug in to your diagnostic port a recording device (ie Progressive Snapshot) and volunteer your information.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
If someone hit me (or my Love) because they were speeding/stupid I would like this info to be available.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

No offense to anyone... But the people "worried" about data collection are the ones doing the things that could hold them liable during an accident. Just like those who raise hell about red light cameras. Sorry, but if you run a red light... You should get caught. Might save someone's life if you don't the next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
No offense to anyone... But the people "worried" about data collection are the ones doing the things that could hold them liable during an accident. Just like those who raise hell about red light cameras. Sorry, but if you run a red light... You should get caught. Might save someone's life if you don't the next time.

Or you are wearing a tin foil hat... And talk to your pants.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:14 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

^^ This. I am starting to see laws change (for the better) against the texting and driving cases. In Florida, when an accident occurs, if texting is suspected, they can obtain the billing records to check. This is good.

Unfortunatly, it usually takes a high ranking persons family member to be killed in an accedent related to speeding, or texting, or other illegal activity before a law gets changed and goes into effect.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:38 AM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

I figure since this is in The Bar evolving conversations are cool.

Does anyone have good suggestions on what to do when you see someone texting while driving? It's one of those things that makes me insane.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
They inform on the seat belts so they know how many ambulances to send. They inform the speed so they in to send an ambulance or a hose and trash bag.

If anyone doesn't want to use it, just disconnect your phone.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Tip if the iceberg...

In a vacuum it all sounds fine. They use it when needed for crash information. The problem is this, government never contracts it only expands. Would you ever vote to give up things that determine your work and power? TRUST me the day will come when you receive a speeding ticket in the mail because the onboard computer tracked you at 52 in a 45. There will be an exact time and date on the ticket if you argue it they will just pull down a read out from the car with you there.

The worries are not from crazy drivers worried they will get caught. It SHOULD be from everyone who enjoys there civil liberties and lived under the (old) America I miss.

You MUST get insurance, We can record every call, We will track your every move, WE KNOW whats best for you and you are not as smart as us so we need to take care of you. People expect free stuff, cell phones, insurance and food. The more power you give the less you have and the worst part is allot of Americans will sacrifice this for a few fake comforts and subsidies. Scary.

Rant over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1984-movie-bb_a1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	160677  
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Which is why there is not wireless internet in my car. Or a car phone. Or an insurance driving tracker.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 07-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Anyone ever read 1984 by George Orwell?

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Anyone ever read 1984 by George Orwell?

Exactly! thats even the picture I posted.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Exactly! thats even the picture I posted.

Yup. It starts off as "safety" so people agree with it. Then by the time people realize the type of freedom they have lost, it's too late.....

HID end all thread
Old 07-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Then there is the.... You MUST get insurance, but you have to pay for it.... You MUST register your car, but you have to pay for it.... You MUST smog your car for safety of pollution, but you have to pay for it.

If they FORCE us to do all of this, why don't they pay for it?

We can only use water for our lawns or cars certain times of day and certain days of the week, and we are even paying for the water!!!!!

That feature where they can track all that stuff in your car is going to cost money to put in the car, guess who will be paying the final bill for it?

It's not going to stop.

HID end all thread
Old 07-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #23
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Red Light Camera's ????????????????

A big problem with something that would probably be OK IF:

If they did not change the yellow to less then a second to make it easier to nail you.
If the fine was paid to a court and not a person that gets paid a percentage of the fine and he or she is the arbitrator and if you try to dispute a ticket the arbitrator can double or triple the fine and make more money off of you.
If the camera company's were not in control of some of the traffic signals.

Here in my area there are rear end collisions where no accidents were ever recorded before the camera's were in place. They actually had to remove the cameras at a few intersections due to way to many accidents caused by the yellow to short.

The cameras would work way better if the state regulated the owners of the camera company's and had law enforcement send the ticket and let you go to a real court to dispute or explain a charge without having the fine doubled or tripled if you lose.
Like making a very legal right turn on red. Then getting a ticket in the mail. Go to dispute the ticket and have your fine increased because you can not argue with a person getting paid from the amount of your fine.
Pay a lawyer $100.00+ to go with you and the charge will be dismissed every time.
The way these are set up is against the constitution and just plain wrong.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Completely agree. It's wrong in the first place that those traffic cameras aren't even police owned or operated.

HID end all thread
Old 07-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Ugggh Aaron Hernandez wasn't speeding but somehow they knew his exact where abouts ... LoL. So you wanna throw away your phone next? Quit your job? Destroy your playstation? Cut up your credit Cards? The list goes on how everyone is being tracked, stop hussing about it, live your life hard and throw both fingers up ...

Big Jon -
Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #26
Staff

Regular
Staff

so for those against manditory insurance....how come then it is ok to force hospitals to treat you if you can't afford it? Who pays for that? Unless you allow hospitals to shove the people who don't have money out in the streets (no making Govt then care/pay for the patients) it ain't fair to the hospitals.

ya gotta include Medicare/Medicaid in this too. Sorry Mom/Dad...just drink this koolaid it'll get better.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
so for those against manditory insurance....how come then it is ok to force hospitals to treat you if you can't afford it? Who pays for that? Unless you allow hospitals to shove the people who don't have money out in the streets (no making Govt then care/pay for the patients) it ain't fair to the hospitals.

ya gotta include Medicare/Medicaid in this too. Sorry Mom/Dad...just drink this koolaid it'll get better.
Who pays. We do. When the government pays for something we pay for it (assuming we all have jobs here, lol). We are getting to where Europe was 30 years ago. It is easy to not work or do little and be taken care of. There are two types of people. Those who want that and those that fight it. Want to fail and succeed on their own. Vountry has way to many of the first and not enough of the second. So everytime Obama care pays a bill dont thank Obama... thank me. I work and pay taxes that cover that... at least until China cashes in their chips on us.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #28
Staff

Regular
Staff

yep, and unless we force folks to but it themselves (or refuse service) we have the govt as middleman. I kinda like the idea of manditory insurance unless the hospital is allowed to take all your $ (and house!) if you don't have the means to pay for it. I would prefer some type of mandated insurance with the Govt picking up the rest of the tab rather than kicking folks into the street. Give me some type of two tier system with adiqaute (sp?) service for those that choose and premium for those that can afford it. Tax stuff like cigs/booze/caffene/meat/processed foods at a high tax rate organic veggies at a low rate and let the users decide what they want to pay for.

personal resposibility/ya gotta pay to play
Old 07-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #29
Staff

Regular
Staff

+1 on the China chips...but remember if you owe 2.3 Million you are in trouble, but if you owe 2.3 Trillion it's the bank thats in trouble
Old 07-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
+1 on the China chips...but remember if you owe 2.3 Million you are in trouble, but if you owe 2.3 Trillion it's the bank thats in trouble
Ya but allot of that 2.3 Trillion are government bonds. We are the bank.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I think a lot of people are forgetting that driving is not a right- it's a privilege. If you don't want a mandatory back up camera (2017) or a mandatory GPS (probably on its way) then you have another option: buy a bicycle.

I agree with what we are saying- but at the end of the day, they aren't OUR roads, regardless if WE are paying for them. They are state, federal, and city roads. If you want to be legal on your privilege, then you have to pay to play.
At my drag strip (I will be attending), of I beat a 13.99 then I need a helmet. Its a rule. I pay to race, I pay for the gear. Do I like it? No, but at the end of the day, what really are the options to actively fight it? It is a choice to participate.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff

It's simple. I don't like spending my money on other people who don't want to use their own. If you need medical insurance, pay for it. If you are physically unable to then that's fine. The main thing is, they need stronger enforcement for who actually gets free or reduced coverage. Too many people take advantage of the system. Same with welfare.

Anyone seen the movie "Precious"?

HID end all thread
Old 07-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

^ have you ever seen Django Unchained?

Big Jon -
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
^ have you ever seen Django Unchained?

Big Jon -
Have you seen Team America World Police.
Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar