would this be a good birthday gift idea for dad? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Road Trip!
Region: Minnesota
would this be a good birthday gift idea for dad?

He has a 95 ford explorer (it's one of the rare manual versions of XLT) that he brought brand new and refuses to get rid of until it dies (it only has 60k miles o.o) (im the same way with my stang) but ive heard him mention a few times about gas mileage (back then gas was like 1-2$/gallon O.o), and I've been thinking of buying him a K&N drop in filter, he wouldn't go for a CAI or anything major, but feel like it would help a bit and maybe even give the car a bit more pick up. What do you think? Otherwise what else would you recommend? He is mostly into electronics, but everything I can buy him he has 10 times better versions of lol.

AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Region: New York
Drop filter won't help milage much at all. Just get him a gift certificate to his favorite store. Can't go wrong letting him pick exactly what he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Since he loves his Explorer so much you could wash his car, wax it, and detail it a few times. If he trusts you enough that is lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:16 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Region: Minnesota
Fate is funny, I didn't know what to get him since he has everything so took him to a movie, but we went to visit a friend in Texas and stayed at a hotel, and basically when we got back to the room, the receptionist 'thought we checked out' and the Mexican cleaning lady put the stuff we had in the room in a plastic bag and gave it to us. We lost some personal belongings in the process, my dads a big music fan, they brought his old cd player and Indian music cds, but "didn't see" his 100+$ headphones he had for all these years. Also he had a Gillette Altra shaving handle (a really neat handle from the 70s) and it was older than i am, and we are guessing they trashed it or want to sell it on ebay :S

I'm not usually racist, and we are Indian ourselves, but cant help feeling angry, never had an issue like this at the Marriott or Hilton, but we picked a cheaper hotel mostly for location.

So I'm thinking of either buying him a new set of headphones, or was looking at a gillette altra handle on ebay but I feel like it would be gross to buy a used 40 year old shaving handle, so i found an altra compatible heavy weight chrome razor on amazon, but it will never be the same but i guess thats life, things come and go, and in the end dusts to dusts :

Amazon.com: All Metal Heavyweight Chrome ATRA Compatible Twin Blade Razor & 10 Personna Pivot Plus Blades: Health & Personal Care

ya guys think i should get him this razor or a nice set of headphones?
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar