FEMA question.. roommate and complications - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
FEMA question.. roommate and complications

so, I filed for FEMA aide because I was put out of a house for 3 weeks during the flood. I got aide, and after I got it, my roommate (and his wife, who was also a roommate) filed. They got denied because I had already gotten money. However, when I talked to my FEMA adjuster during the interview, he said the aide money was for ME, not for the entire apartment. When I got my aide, it was written out to ME, not to everyone. I didn't need their signatures or anything. In fact, they aren't even able to know what aide I got... they tried to find out.

Well then they come and message me saying I owe them 1/2 of my FEMA return. They said this was the case because their denial letter stated that I got their return. However, what it really said (upon further review) was that because I got aide at that address that they couldn't without filing an appeal. So after telling them when I called FEMA that they could only get their money by appeal, I let them know that would be their next step.

So they filed an appeal. Well, apparently they heard back today that they got denied again, so of course he wants 1/2 again. Now, my dad talked to the FEMA agents at the county fair and they brought up several interesting points.

They said, the federal government can't send me payment for them, or for us to split. They also said if they had come to their help center, they would've filled out the papers for them and could almost guarantee they would get a refund. They said the most likely reason they keep getting rejected is because they most likely listed damages to property, which they aren't entitled to because our 2nd floor didn't see water. (However, we still are eligible for emergency housing, which is what I got).

So, to help out more... We lived together, but we moved to separate houses. We are also not related.

My friend knows the head of FEMA for the area, and he's going to talk to him and see if he'll call him. I would really prefer this not get to a lawyer. Does anyone know anything that can help me out for dealing with him? Perhaps a link to something explaining it better?

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Re: FEMA question.. roommate and complications

the great words of Bender: You're boned.

Nah, I'd do some research online and call fema up again, tell them what is happening and go from there. Emails are nice as well, due to the fact that you have hard evidence as to what is said.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

As far as I'm concerned you are in the right. You filed for the aid you needed to recieve and went through the proper steps to ensure you were taken care of. Your roommates on the other hand waited to see what was going to happen before taking care of it and IMO waited too late.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I'm pretty sure they keep getting rejected because they're asking for too much. They told me they wanted my 1/2 to make a down payment on a HOUSE. I said, guys, you can't use $700 as a down payment on a house. I was laughing so hard when I said it I'm not sure they could understand me. So, I'm thinking they are trying to use the FEMA return as their down payment. Plus, the girl is a DUMB ****... she quit HS after freshman year.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
Road Trip!

they might not let them file if they are using the same adress you filed with, id look into it, might just be a computer issue with the preset denials.

$700 down payment i woud hate to see the house!
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
they might not let them file if they are using the same adress you filed with, id look into it, might just be a computer issue with the preset denials.

$700 down payment i woud hate to see the house!
initially that's why they got rejected. However, on appeal, they have to explain the situation and everything and that's when it'll go through... assuming you fill the papers out correctly. As far as the house omg. For the last 2 months they've been living with her parents, in a house that is a SLUM. She wants to buy the house NEXT DOOR... which is even worse and hasn't been lived in in something like 8 years. I would assume $50k would buy the house easy. the best part, she doesn't have a job and he's a furniture salesman now. He went through 4 years of school to decide to quit 2 classes short of getting his degree. She has no ambition to get a GED or even a job now that she's back home.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #7
Road Trip!

she would have to be smokin hott or id boot her...
Old 08-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee

That's George Bush for ya

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
she would have to be smokin hott or id boot her...
she's 5'2" and 235 pounds... with just over a HS freshman education. Still interested?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Fat chicks need lovin too.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
Fat chicks need lovin too.
what are you talking about? Fat chicks fill the hole created by lack of a love life with food. That's why they're fat. And I'm sorry, only desperate guys resort to fat girls like this one. If she were chunky and NICE... I could see MARRYING her. But this chick is queen *****. She tried to take over my stuff and tell me what to do with it. I reminded her I wasn't the one ****ing her, so I didn't have to take her ****. That went over real well.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
what are you talking about? Fat chicks fill the hole created by lack of a love life with food. That's why they're fat. And I'm sorry, only desperate guys resort to fat girls like this one. If she were chunky and NICE... I could see MARRYING her. But this chick is queen *****. She tried to take over my stuff and tell me what to do with it. I reminded her I wasn't the one ****ing her, so I didn't have to take her ****. That went over real well.
sounds like something i would say...
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
sounds like something i would say...
maybe I should give you her number so you can remind her too

Old 08-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

Sounds like you ddi everything right and they did not.. Sucks for them...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar