Robin Williams dead at 63 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Robin Williams dead at 63

Apparent Suicide

Wow... didn't see this one coming. Pretty much everyone my age saw Mrs. Doubtfire/Hook/Aladdin etc...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Apparent Suicide

Wow... didn't see this one coming. Pretty much everyone my age saw Mrs. Doubtfire/Hook/Aladdin etc...

Hard to believe a comedian could suffer from depression and ultimately commit suicide. Watched Mork and Mindy during their original runs.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Apparently he had been in a really bad place for a really long time. Just goes to show that all the money/adulation/fame in the world can't always buy happiness. It may also seem really ****ty that his wife had to go find him in the garage like that but I think we all have to realize he was in no way/shape/form in a coherent state of mind. Can only hope he found the peace in death that he couldn't in life and hope ppl who care about him get through it.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Apparently he had been in a really bad place for a really long time. Just goes to show that all the money/adulation/fame in the world can't always buy happiness. It may also seem really ****ty that his wife had to go find him in the garage like that but I think we all have to realize he was in no way/shape/form in a coherent state of mind. Can only hope he found the peace in death that he couldn't in life and hope ppl who care about him get through it.

I didn't see how he did it...

Old 08-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hmmm.
I've been hearing rumors for years but had no first hand knowledge... I guess that they were mostly true.

Everyone goes through the same BS. People's status in life means very little, in the big picture.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well, he was found dead in a car of asphyxiation. 2+2=4 and rumors are that he did the start the car in the garage thing and it was his wife who found him literally 2 hours after she had last seen him.

We'll find out officially whenever they release the report.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, he was found dead in a car of asphyxiation. 2+2=4 and rumors are that he did the start the car in the garage thing and it was his wife who found him literally 2 hours after she had last seen him.

We'll find out officially whenever they release the report.

When I read he was in the garage I kind of figured that's what it was, but it could have been a couple other things out there also. I'm not trying to be macabre, I was just curious.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
One of his best serious movies was the Awakening. It seems the comedians always have one serious role, and do well with it.

I had also heard he recently signed to do a sequal to Mrs. Doubtfire the end of this year.

He certainly will be missed.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

One Hour Photo was a good serious movie also.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to say but I can't believe people do this. How selfish do you have to be to end it and leave those behind you to find you. I know a person who found a suicide victim. Haunted them emotionally for years. Loved his work but I lost all respect for him. I pray for his poor wife.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

It is totally and completely a selfish jackass move. However, as I said, someone who is at that point is not in a correct frame of mind. In their mind, what they are doing is the best thing for themselves and everyone. He had been getting help apparently, but sometimes its not enough. I feel bad for him and all involved as well as anyone in this situation. The one good thing that can come out of celebrity deaths is greater awareness in general.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Robin Williams dead at 63

The ones who bring us the greatest joy, are often the most tormented themselves. It's a very selfish thing he did, But honestly, unless you've had to face the kind of crippling depression that some people face, you'd never be able to relate to someones decision to do that. Just imagine what an awful feeling it has to be, when you finally realize that death is a better option than having to go through with your everyday life. The man has battled through drug and alcohol addiction, A bout with Schizophrenia, and severe depression for years. At some point, you just get into a wrong state of mind, that you just can't shake yourself from.

His role in Good Will Hunting was absolutely fantastic, and I was shocked and saddened to hear of his death. I wasn't a huge fan, and I'm too young to have seen any of his work previous to Good Morning Vietnam, but the man was an Improv master, and a comedic genius. It's just sad to know that a man who has enjoyed so much admiration, success, and wealth, couldn't find happiness in his own life.

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
His roll in Good Will Hunting was absolutely fantastic
+1 that's a great movie and he was fantastic in it. His best serious performance, in my opinion.

Only good thing that can come out of suicide stories is greater awareness. Getting help for mental health issues used to have a huge stigma not too long ago. Nowadays you see totally normal people seeing a therapist for general counseling. It's not a bad thing! Taking care of your mind is just as important as taking care of your body. Watch out for yourself, and watch out for troubled love ones, too. Encourage them to get help.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

I was wrong, turns out he hung himself with a belt. A lot of ppl were reporting he was dead in his car... because he lived in Tiburon... not IN a Tiburon... I was wondering why someone with as much money as Robin Williams would own a Hyundai Tiburon.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Why not a Tiburon? It's a good sensible car...

Tiburon, CA is one of the many "ritzy" areas of the North Bay.

A belt... That's pretty hardcore.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Hung with A belt, and slit his own wrists. The man was dealing with some demons, that's for sure. The two worst ways to go, and he chose both.

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:52 AM   #17
Admin

Supporter
Admin

My sister is a phychiatrist at a local college. I've asked her how a person can reach a point in their life where suicide is the only option; as she explains it, it is a big unknown, and much time, effort, and money are spent to try and figure out why a persons mental health reaches this point. If they had all the answers, then it would not happen as often as it does I'll assume.

In Robin's case, I'll guess his drug addiction affected his logical thinking, and he did not have a correct mind set to think about how his death would affect his family; if he did, I'm sure suicide would not have been the first choice.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Yeah it's pretty messed up. It seems like his death or the manner in which he died will over shadow all his great work.

Adriangozal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar