Autozone counterworker claimed to have a 9.8 second 94 Cobra - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosified View Post
Okay.. I say October 4th, 2014, all M.E. members put on Autozone Shirts and walk around every AutoZone Store in the Country and help out customers get what they need. (video taped of course)
YES!
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Like Sheldon Cooper in the Computer and Electronics Department Store actually helping people Big Bang Theory!!)) But we'll call it "The Big Stang Theory"
Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
I lost faith in all parts stores - If I need fluids I go to walmart because you can get the same stuff cheaper and you don't have to listen to anyones BS, if I need parts I go to oreilleys (because they usually have motorcraft stuff) with part numbers and get in get out. Also theres a place here called motor parts and equipment, local parts store - the guy who owns it is a complete dumbass but he acts like he knows everything, and you just hear him giving bad advice and when you try to correct him on something he looks at you like you are stupid :/

That being said, a store is only as good as its employees, the autozone in my town has its share of dumbasses but there are 1 or 2 guys who know what the hell they are talking about when they open their mouths, which is really refreshing - but the thing is i just am not a fan of the brands autozone carries, but I got a lot of good information from him and he was really cool.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I lost faith in all parts stores - If I need fluids I go to walmart because you can get the same stuff cheaper and you don't have to listen to anyones BS, if I need parts I go to oreilleys (because they usually have motorcraft stuff) with part numbers and get in get out. Also theres a place here called motor parts and equipment, local parts store - the guy who owns it is a complete dumbass but he acts like he knows everything, and you just hear him giving bad advice and when you try to correct him on something he looks at you like you are stupid :/

That being said, a store is only as good as its employees, the autozone in my town has its share of dumbasses but there are 1 or 2 guys who know what the hell they are talking about when they open their mouths, which is really refreshing - but the thing is i just am not a fan of the brands autozone carries, but I got a lot of good information from him and he was really cool.
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 AM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosified View Post
Like Sheldon Cooper in the Computer and Electronics Department Store actually helping people Big Bang Theory!!)) But we'll call it "The Big Stang Theory"
You sir have the best ideas.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Nate !!))
Old 08-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #41
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
At my local autozone, one of the managers has a neon and he has asked numerous times to run my Z28.

He claims his car runs 10's @ 140.

I told him that my car has a larger nitrous hit than his car makes period. He laughed and said, "My car isn't stock."

I ended up racing him just to shut him up. I only used 3rd gear without spraying and of course it wasn't even really a race.

He ended up telling everyone it was close. Hahaha.

To his credit, his car does have a 2.4L swap.
I work in lubricant testing and one of the engine builders in a test lab has a Neon that runs 10's. He's having problems with the transmission input shaft, he's shearing them off! Showed us pictures, it's wild looking at slicks on the front of a car. He claims to hold the record for a Neon in Texas until last week when someone in Houston beat his number. He's going to be stripping the AC, power steering, anything else he can think of. I didn't get a line on everything he had done but I know its a turbo and I think he was using Nitrous.
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
I work in lubricant testing and one of the engine builders in a test lab has a Neon that runs 10's. He's having problems with the transmission input shaft, he's shearing them off! Showed us pictures, it's wild looking at slicks on the front of a car. He claims to hold the record for a Neon in Texas until last week when someone in Houston beat his number. He's going to be stripping the AC, power steering, anything else he can think of. I didn't get a line on everything he had done but I know its a turbo and I think he was using Nitrous.
What's sad is that guy has a garbage platform and probably has more money into it without it being any sort of reliable than someone with a 9 second Coyote that they drive to the track with the AC on and a drink in the cupholder and back the same way lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

The #SIKKEST Cobra I ever saw in 2004 was running a SuperCharger with Nitrous.. That guy got me into Mustangs.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
What's sad is that guy has a garbage platform and probably has more money into it without it being any sort of reliable than someone with a 9 second Coyote that they drive to the track with the AC on and a drink in the cupholder and back the same way lol.
My friends brother had a 10 second neon. He had less than $5,000 in the entire thing, car included.

He gutted the car, ran the stock engine (had aftermarket head gasket and studs) with a custom Holset turbo setup (HX40 maybe), Megasquirt fuel system and LSD. He did practically everything himself. It was a wicked little car and it ran well for years before he sold it. I would bet he put over 30,000 miles on it on a stock internals 420A.

Then he built another neon with a 3.0L V6 / 5 spd from a Dodge Stratus RT (3rd gen Eclipse) he totaled, then he built a neon with twin 2.4L engines and automatic transmissions from PT Cruisers, one in the front, and one in the trunk, this is one of the neatest cars I have ever seen.

The neon platform is crap, but it is easily modified, cheap and has huge aftermarket support.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
My friends brother had a 10 second neon. He had less than $5,000 in the entire thing, car included.

He gutted the car, ran the stock engine (had aftermarket head gasket and studs) with a custom Holset turbo setup (HX40 maybe), Megasquirt fuel system and LSD. He did practically everything himself. It was a wicked little car and it ran well for years before he sold it. I would bet he put over 30,000 miles on it on a stock internals 420A.

Then he built another neon with a 3.0L V6 / 5 spd from a Dodge Stratus RT (3rd gen Eclipse) he totaled, then he built a neon with twin 2.4L engines and automatic transmissions from PT Cruisers, one in the front, and one in the trunk, this is one of the neatest cars I have ever seen.

The neon platform is crap, but it is easily modified, cheap and has huge aftermarket support.

Learn something new every day. Seems any light car with a newish motor and a turbo and completely gutted can run decent times nowadays...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
10's are what 13's were 15 years ago.

Progress is a good thing.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You can't just casually mention a twin engined Neon and not show us some pictures Ish...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #48
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yeah, that kind of why I went with the GT. I was looking at a 69 Nova as a project car, and I figured by the time it was all said and done I'd have 25 K in it and it might break 13's.
REG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar