8 days to ship it out? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
8 days to ship it out?

I have always had good ebay experiences. This one pisses me off though. He got the payment on the. 11th and didn't ship the tuner until the 19th!!! And he wouldn't answer my questions about it shipping.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408515048682.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	163895  
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I have always had good ebay experiences. This one pisses me off though. He got the payment on the. 11th and didn't ship the tuner until the 19th!!! And he wouldn't answer my questions about it shipping.

Be sure to provide the feedback in ebay; most folks don't, which is why a lot of these sellers get away with lousy practices. I check out ratings and feedback on any new seller I have not bought from. Sometimes you cannot rate (with the "stars") the shipping experience, but you can write a short note; simply state that:

"the shipping was very slow"
or
"seller ships slow; ignores emails"

Does not help you, but hurts his/her sales in the future.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Be sure to provide the feedback in ebay; most folks don't, which is why a lot of these sellers get away with lousy practices. I check out ratings and feedback on any new seller I have not bought from. Sometimes you cannot rate (with the "stars") the shipping experience, but you can write a short note; simply state that:

"the shipping was very slow"
or
"seller ships slow; ignores emails"

Does not help you, but hurts his/her sales in the future.
His feedback was 100%. If I don't get it today I am going to definitely give him some negative feedback. Still holding on to hope that he actually shipped ot sooner but only just marked it as shipped.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Ebay feedback doesn't do jack I've found, especially for volume sellers where one negative feedback will be buried by 50 positives from others who are not as caring about when they get their stuff or they don't give their product a chance to suck or not suck before leaving feedback. Like all the idiots who leave all the good feedback for Champion Hoods when they get the hood and it sits in their garage for a year before they get around to painting it and find that it is junk.

You have to take care of you, if I had not heard back from the seller after 3 days I would have let them know I would initiate a chargeback with my credit card by the 5th day and I would have gone through with it. Hitting them in their pocket is a lot more effective and often will get a response way faster than a random ebay feedback where they can often dispute it with ebay and get it removed.

Ebay is pretty much just Amazon now anyway, selling something on ebay is ludicrous with the percentages they take and buying is a crapshoot because their buyer protection is a scam and paypal (which they own) is no better from a security standpoint. I only use paypal because so many ppl on forums will only take paypal. I personally prefer postal money orders myself as far as TAKING payment. Sending payment... nothing is as secure as a credit card from a good bank and most of the time the only way to pay a private party using one is through paypal because they won't have google wallet set up or another source. Sadly.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Ebay feedback doesn't do jack I've found, especially for volume sellers where one negative feedback will be buried by 50 positives from others who are not as caring about when they get their stuff or they don't give their product a chance to suck or not suck before leaving feedback. Like all the idiots who leave all the good feedback for Champion Hoods when they get the hood and it sits in their garage for a year before they get around to painting it and find that it is junk.

You have to take care of you, if I had not heard back from the seller after 3 days I would have let them know I would initiate a chargeback with my credit card by the 5th day and I would have gone through with it. Hitting them in their pocket is a lot more effective and often will get a response way faster than a random ebay feedback where they can often dispute it with ebay and get it removed.

Ebay is pretty much just Amazon now anyway, selling something on ebay is ludicrous with the percentages they take and buying is a crapshoot because their buyer protection is a scam and paypal (which they own) is no better from a security standpoint. I only use paypal because so many ppl on forums will only take paypal. I personally prefer postal money orders myself as far as TAKING payment. Sending payment... nothing is as secure as a credit card from a good bank and most of the time the only way to pay a private party using one is through paypal because they won't have google wallet set up or another source. Sadly.
I agree 100% with everything you said.
I only buy cheap products on eBay, with the mindset they may be crappy or have horrible service and delivery times. If I want anything half decent or am not getting an amazing deal I go elsewhere.
Whenever I sell on here or other similar places, I always send a paypal invoice to them to pay. That way everything is documented in case their is a dispute or problem. Ex. "This isn't what I wanted give me my money back", invoice clearly states and fully describes exact item and says "no returns" .
Old 08-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I only buy cheap products on eBay, with the mindset they may be crappy or have horrible service and delivery times. If I want anything half decent or am not getting an amazing deal I go elsewhere.
Whenever I sell on here or other similar places, I always send a paypal invoice to them to pay. That way everything is documented in case their is a dispute or problem. Ex. "This isn't what I wanted give me my money back", invoice clearly states and fully describes exact item and says "no returns" .
This is 98% your fault for not posting your fs ad a few days earlier

Old 08-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is 98% your fault for not posting your fs ad a few days earlier

Wish I had known. Would've saved you $20 and had it in 2 days. I just shipped it to the buyer 2 day Priority insured and tracked. He should get it Friday and he's in TX I'm in NY.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah this guy is on the other side of the country for me so I'm still holding out a little longer. Probably should have waited to order my tunes though!

Old 08-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Next time, buy your parts from a reputable business like American Muscle. If you got it so much cheaper buying the part(s) from E-Bay, then you should be happy about the money you saved.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Next time, buy your parts from a reputable business like American Muscle. If you got it so much cheaper buying the part(s) from E-Bay, then you should be happy about the money you saved.
I think you mistake my intentions or something. I am not one of those impossible to please type customers. I am very happy with saving over 50$ buying the used tuner and then tunes for life from american muscle. I am just slightly frustrated at the lack of communication.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Go take a look at the thread I just made "Hawk HPS brake pads"
That's how mine came from AM.... never gotten a package in worse shape in my life.
It can happen from any seller.
It just happens.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

I did just see that. I would by more lubricant but it should be okay

Old 08-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

It just happens in the mail. It's people who don't want to be working and are pissed and just chuck and destroy your packages because they can and don't care. AM, eBay, Walmart, Target, Amazon, random store, it just happens.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

And honestly it may not even always be them..could be in transit

Old 08-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I have to disagree with some of these points. I will buy used OEM parts from Ebay whenever possible. I don't buy cheap non OEM stuff. When buying, I always look at the last 6 months of feedback on a seller. If it's good, I'll buy. If theres two or more poor feedbacks, especially due to slow shipping, I pass, as there's always a good selection (and price) on used OEM parts on ebay.

If you folks are using ebay to buy other types of parts, then I can still recommend looking at a 6 month feedback history. In some rare cases, a seller may have a burp; I had one who lost their wife in an automobile accident; this seller offered to refund my money, plus ship the part. I refused that request. I paid and the part came a few days later.

Sure, there are always going to be bad experiences from ebay, but the majority are good; just review the feedback. Those who are good will have plenty.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:

I'll disagree with some of these points. As a buyer, it's up to you to look at at least the last 6 months of reviews. Sure, there are going to be some negative, and those you can shy away from. I've had very good experience with ebay, but again, I do my homework in reviewing a sellers feedback, and not just their recent.

And paypal; I prefer it, as I've made 3 claims for damaged goods in the past 5 years; all have been paid back in my favor. I used tio you money orders, but I had one of them "get lost" in the mail (I'm betting some postal worker took that envelope and cashed in).
Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have to disagree with some of these points. I will buy used OEM parts from Ebay whenever possible. I don't buy cheap non OEM stuff. When buying, I always look at the last 6 months of feedback on a seller. If it's good, I'll buy. If theres two or more poor feedbacks, especially due to slow shipping, I pass, as there's always a good selection (and price) on used OEM parts on ebay.

If you folks are using ebay to buy other types of parts, then I can still recommend looking at a 6 month feedback history. In some rare cases, a seller may have a burp; I had one who lost their wife in an automobile accident; this seller offered to refund my money, plus ship the part. I refused that request. I paid and the part came a few days later.

Sure, there are always going to be bad experiences from ebay, but the majority are good; just review the feedback. Those who are good will have plenty.
I'm not too experienced of an eBayer, just a few things here and there. I had a good experience buying a GT/CS spoiler. Never bought anything OEM on eBay, but I see what you're saying I can imagine you would get some great deals.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I'll disagree with some of these points. As a buyer, it's up to you to look at at least the last 6 months of reviews. Sure, there are going to be some negative, and those you can shy away from. I've had very good experience with ebay, but again, I do my homework in reviewing a sellers feedback, and not just their recent.

And paypal; I prefer it, as I've made 3 claims for damaged goods in the past 5 years; all have been paid back in my favor. I used tio you money orders, but I had one of them "get lost" in the mail (I'm betting some postal worker took that envelope and cashed in).
What do you do when the lifetime feedback is 100% positive lol

Old 08-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

This is also the first thing I have bought that didn't come with a tracking number

Old 08-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
What do you do when the lifetime feedback is 100% positive lol

Go ahead and buy from them lol I sometimes do but I'm still a bit doubtful when they have 100% feedback. Even though they have 100% feedback some buyer will complain about something they didn't like but still give them a great feedback. When they have 100% feedback I check where the seller is located and the time they take to ship. If I see they take some time to ship or if they are to far from me I check the next best and order from them if I like.

I have never had a bad experience with these 100% feedback sellers but due to my doubtfulness I order from those that have 95%+ feedback. Like bucko I always check the sellers last 6 months feedback.

Quote:
You have to take care of you, if I had not heard back from the seller after 3 days I would have let them know I would initiate a chargeback with my credit card by the 5th day.
In your case I would have done this.

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine."
Old 08-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

It does seen to be the norm that ebay has become the internet flea market of sales for junk. However, with some crafty searches, you can easily weed them out, and get some great deals. As I've said, I buy oem parts, mostly used to keep my 2000 Ford Ranger running. At 215K on its odometer, I don't buy new stuff for it whenever possible. There's so much of a used parts inventory out there for sale. Soon, if not already, the used late model Mustang parts market will be flooded. Take advantage of it. An oem part with low mileage can be a large savings over a brand new oem part.
I know I'll get riff about this one; many would cringe over putting a used part onto their pristine vehicle. That works out better for me, as I have no problem in buying a clean, used, oem part. And ebay has that market cornered, with sellers such as the salvage yards. They are all over the ebay scene. their shipping is scary fast as well.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:18 AM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

Only thing I worry about getting "OEM" parts on ebay and even Amazon is that they are fakes or not real OEM at all. This is a big problem with electronics and even light bulbs and some other stuff. Like I said, it can be a crapshoot but if you are smart, you'll generally be ok. For new OEM I buy almost exclusively from Rockauto. For used I usually put up want ads in some of the bigger online forums before I look on the evilbays.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

So I left negative feedback for the first time today. Like I said I'm not one of those impossible to please people but this is silly. The transaction was completed over 10 days ago. I bought my shift knob the day after the tuner and had it here a week ago. Also does anyone know what ebay classifies as standard shipping?

Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
So I left negative feedback for the first time today. Like I said I'm not one of those impossible to please people but this is silly. The transaction was completed over 10 days ago. I bought my shift knob the day after the tuner and had it here a week ago. Also does anyone know what ebay classifies as standard shipping?

You have to look in the for sale ad and see if there is anything that says "allow XX business days to arrive". If it does, and its not over that time limit, the seller can easily get the feedback removed. I'd have reversed the paypal as well if it were me.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Ebay said it should be here between something and the 20th. Paypal won't let me open a claim yet though. Maybe because it was marked as shipped?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar