what's a good care that looks better the more beaten up it gets? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
what's a good care that looks better the more beaten up it gets?

I'm getting way too old to be freaking out over every scratch and washing every week so been thinking of getting something that's low stress but still really cool as a second vehicle.

The only thing that comes to mind are trucks, should I try to get a newer f150? They are the only ones that look decent to me but honestly I don't like trucks at all.

What else can you recommend? Not really a fan of jeeps or SUVs either, what about a 95 ford explorer?
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Whah? Just buy a 95 nissan pickup and rhino line the whole truck. You will luv it.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
What are your DD requirements? There are plenty decent DDs that look good and go pretty good for what they are while getting great MPG while not being expensive or any sort of collectible to worry about.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
What are your DD requirements? There are plenty decent DDs that look good and go pretty good for what they are while getting great MPG while not being expensive or any sort of collectible to worry about.
what examples do you have? i dont really have any requirements besides just something that looks nice even if it gets some dents/scratches and is considered 'cool'.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Bug eye'd Subaru WRX (2000 - 2002)... Plastidip or rhino line that bish and go rally racing.

Although, depending on what year Mustang you have, it's a good chance the WRX will be faster.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsBoyfriend View Post
I'm getting way too old to be freaking out over every scratch and washing every week so been thinking of getting something that's low stress but still really cool as a second vehicle.

The only thing that comes to mind are trucks, should I try to get a newer f150? They are the only ones that look decent to me but honestly I don't like trucks at all.

What else can you recommend? Not really a fan of jeeps or SUVs either, what about a 95 ford explorer?
I'm really lost on your post here. What's high stress about your mustang? Your not saving the world are you? What is stressful about owning a mustang? Its a car sent from the gods that is made of metal, plastics, paint, etc and there is nothing stressful about that.

In fact having a mustang relieves stress buy making people happy when they drive it or just stare at it.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
When the light reflects off her the right way, and the temperature is just perfect... Thats a good time. (chirps 2nd and 3rd)
Old 08-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I agree with Ish, a bug eyed STI with rino liner.... I actually would love one of those myself, would be an awesome car offroad.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Bug eye'd Subaru WRX (2000 - 2002)... Plastidip or rhino line that bish and go rally racing.

Although, depending on what year Mustang you have, it's a good chance the WRX will be faster.
My son has one. He meets me on the weekends at a public air strip that opens to the public for fun track times. His 2000 Suby wrx STI blows me away every time!

As to low stress "drivers", by 2000 Ford Ranger "rat truck" fits that bill. With its paint patina (spelling?) and 215K on the odometer, its the perfect vehicle to drive into thos tight parking spots and not worry if someone is going to leave me with a door ding. Runs like a champ too.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
My son has one. He meets me on the weekends at a public air strip that opens to the public for fun track times. His 2000 Suby wrx STI blows me away every time!

As to low stress "drivers", by 2000 Ford Ranger "rat truck" fits that bill. With its paint patina (spelling?) and 215K on the odometer, its the perfect vehicle to drive into thos tight parking spots and not worry if someone is going to leave me with a door ding. Runs like a champ too.
Exactly - thing is i get anxiety really easily - and i love my mustang but every time someone parks real close to me or i have a close call I just get a panic attack to the point I can't breathe properly or even sleep at night and its just getting really unbearable.

Maybe I will get a non wrx Impreza for cheap, they are AWD and would be good for winter time and I always picture imprezas as offroad beat the **** out of it cars.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsBoyfriend View Post
Exactly - thing is i get anxiety really easily - and i love my mustang but every time someone parks real close to me or i have a close call I just get a panic attack to the point I can't breathe properly or even sleep at night and its just getting really unbearable.

Maybe I will get a non wrx Impreza for cheap, they are AWD and would be good for winter time and I always picture imprezas as offroad beat the **** out of it cars.
WOW, Respectfully the mustang is not the issue. Have you ever thought about professional mental help and drugs such as prozac? Holy crap man, panic attacks? You can't sleep over your mustang because of parking spaces?

Good grief bro. You need some serious mental therapy and chill on all this crazy talk. Just freaking enjoy your beautiful pony and easy on all this crazy talk. Just park further away from stores where there are no cars.

Its freaking a car dude, Its metal, plastic, paint, etc. Drive that b otch, clean and wash that b otch, enjoy your pony and don't worry.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408624157039.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	163969  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar