what's a good care that looks better the more beaten up it gets? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MN
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 16
what's a good care that looks better the more beaten up it gets?

I'm getting way too old to be freaking out over every scratch and washing every week so been thinking of getting something that's low stress but still really cool as a second vehicle.

The only thing that comes to mind are trucks, should I try to get a newer f150? They are the only ones that look decent to me but honestly I don't like trucks at all.

What else can you recommend? Not really a fan of jeeps or SUVs either, what about a 95 ford explorer?
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
RJ13GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Roanoke Rapids
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 157
Whah? Just buy a 95 nissan pickup and rhino line the whole truck. You will luv it.
__________________
2013 5.0, Black, Auto, Procharger P1SC stg 2, 4.13'' pulley(8 psi), JMS bap, 3'' x pipe, Circle D 3c, Kooks axleback, BMR control arms. 593rwhp
RJ13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,598
What are your DD requirements? There are plenty decent DDs that look good and go pretty good for what they are while getting great MPG while not being expensive or any sort of collectible to worry about.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MN
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
What are your DD requirements? There are plenty decent DDs that look good and go pretty good for what they are while getting great MPG while not being expensive or any sort of collectible to worry about.
what examples do you have? i dont really have any requirements besides just something that looks nice even if it gets some dents/scratches and is considered 'cool'.
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,211
Bug eye'd Subaru WRX (2000 - 2002)... Plastidip or rhino line that bish and go rally racing.

Although, depending on what year Mustang you have, it's a good chance the WRX will be faster.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsBoyfriend View Post
I'm getting way too old to be freaking out over every scratch and washing every week so been thinking of getting something that's low stress but still really cool as a second vehicle.

The only thing that comes to mind are trucks, should I try to get a newer f150? They are the only ones that look decent to me but honestly I don't like trucks at all.

What else can you recommend? Not really a fan of jeeps or SUVs either, what about a 95 ford explorer?
I'm really lost on your post here. What's high stress about your mustang? Your not saving the world are you? What is stressful about owning a mustang? Its a car sent from the gods that is made of metal, plastics, paint, etc and there is nothing stressful about that.

In fact having a mustang relieves stress buy making people happy when they drive it or just stare at it.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mosified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 717
When the light reflects off her the right way, and the temperature is just perfect... Thats a good time. (chirps 2nd and 3rd)
__________________
96 GT, P.I. Swap, X-PYPE, 4.10's, BAMA Chip.
Mosified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I agree with Ish, a bug eyed STI with rino liner.... I actually would love one of those myself, would be an awesome car offroad.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Bug eye'd Subaru WRX (2000 - 2002)... Plastidip or rhino line that bish and go rally racing.

Although, depending on what year Mustang you have, it's a good chance the WRX will be faster.
My son has one. He meets me on the weekends at a public air strip that opens to the public for fun track times. His 2000 Suby wrx STI blows me away every time!

As to low stress "drivers", by 2000 Ford Ranger "rat truck" fits that bill. With its paint patina (spelling?) and 215K on the odometer, its the perfect vehicle to drive into thos tight parking spots and not worry if someone is going to leave me with a door ding. Runs like a champ too.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MN
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
My son has one. He meets me on the weekends at a public air strip that opens to the public for fun track times. His 2000 Suby wrx STI blows me away every time!

As to low stress "drivers", by 2000 Ford Ranger "rat truck" fits that bill. With its paint patina (spelling?) and 215K on the odometer, its the perfect vehicle to drive into thos tight parking spots and not worry if someone is going to leave me with a door ding. Runs like a champ too.
Exactly - thing is i get anxiety really easily - and i love my mustang but every time someone parks real close to me or i have a close call I just get a panic attack to the point I can't breathe properly or even sleep at night and its just getting really unbearable.

Maybe I will get a non wrx Impreza for cheap, they are AWD and would be good for winter time and I always picture imprezas as offroad beat the **** out of it cars.
AngelsBoyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsBoyfriend View Post
Exactly - thing is i get anxiety really easily - and i love my mustang but every time someone parks real close to me or i have a close call I just get a panic attack to the point I can't breathe properly or even sleep at night and its just getting really unbearable.

Maybe I will get a non wrx Impreza for cheap, they are AWD and would be good for winter time and I always picture imprezas as offroad beat the **** out of it cars.
WOW, Respectfully the mustang is not the issue. Have you ever thought about professional mental help and drugs such as prozac? Holy crap man, panic attacks? You can't sleep over your mustang because of parking spaces?

Good grief bro. You need some serious mental therapy and chill on all this crazy talk. Just freaking enjoy your beautiful pony and easy on all this crazy talk. Just park further away from stores where there are no cars.

Its freaking a car dude, Its metal, plastic, paint, etc. Drive that b otch, clean and wash that b otch, enjoy your pony and don't worry.


Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408624157039.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	163969  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mustang Discussion Has Been Beaten Like a Red Headed Stepchild so... DallasStang77 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6) 36 12-30-2013 12:17 AM
jlt and c&l cia which one looks better? garbill2003 2005-2010 Mustang GT 43 09-04-2012 08:42 PM
This person should be beaten unmercifully!!! 93CobraGuy General Mustang Discussion 72 02-02-2011 06:46 PM
which do you think looks better? sonic04edge The Bar 30 06-06-2005 11:52 PM
Does anyone care that V6PowerStang doesnt care if..... Brent The Bar 37 08-08-2003 12:18 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.