How was the weekend - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
They do put them to sleep lol
But for safely of my precious baby when i do have one i would prefer a bigger car just for more safety and what better than a fast car

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

The stang is bigger than an impreza, how is that a better family car lol. I'd trust my stang more than a subie to hold up in a crash. Mustangs built like a rock, got really good side impact ratings, plus rear window quarter looks like its almost a foot thick lol. Not to mention a big trunk and the long hood, pretty damn safe if you ask me. I couldnt have asked for a safer car. Mind you i bought a fwd four-door for the winter months and my gf has one of those crossover suvs lol

Havin kids doesnt mean you gotta become an old boring bastard. Forever young
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
The stang is bigger than an impreza, how is that a better family car lol. I'd trust my stang more than a subie to hold up in a crash. Mustangs built like a rock, got really good side impact ratings, plus rear window quarter looks like its almost a foot thick lol. Not to mention a big trunk and the long hood, pretty damn safe if you ask me. I couldnt have asked for a safer car. Mind you i bought a fwd four-door for the winter months and my gf has one of those crossover suvs lol

The mustang is far from built like a rock. The a pillars are death traps in a rollover, your stupid for having a mustang as a family car if anyone does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

How was the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
The mustang is far from built like a rock. The a pillars are death traps in a rollover, your stupid for having a mustang as a family car if anyone does

It got the highest score possible in a rollover test
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It got the highest score possible in a rollover.
Ever seen one in person? Personall experience? Didn't think so.

How about 250 stitches in your head, and split wide open, from the a pillar in a rollover.
Like I said more say say bull**** on this forum lately.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ever seen one in person? Personall experience? Didn't think so.

How about 250 stitches in your head, and split wide open, from the a pillar in a rollover.
Like I said more say say bull**** on this forum lately.

I rolled a '98 mustang as a teenager, i know perfectly well the damage a roll-over does. Not the same car as the s197 but still got the rough shape of it. The '98 held up pretty well considering, i can only imagine theyve made significant changes since then. Also happen to live in a low populated area with not much traffic, having my kid on weekends wasnt enough for me to DD with a 4 door or a minivan when my gf has a more than suitable vehicle and i have a 4 door set aside should i need to put it on the road for reasons other than winter/snow.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Not trying to argue with you, you do make a good point. But its plenty safe for the amount of driving i need to do in the area i do it in. Not to mention my motor isnt fully built with nos like yours

A ford focus with a few bells and whistles was more than what i paid for my mustang so it was no contest there.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not trying to argue with you, you do make a good point. But its plenty safe for the amount of driving i need to do in the area i do it in. Not to mention my motor isnt fully built with nos like yours

A ford focus with a few bells and whistles was more than what i paid for my mustang so it was no contest there.

Wasn't arguing.
Someone I know got in 2 accidents in the S197 and the a pillar was what messed him up both times

2nd time split his head wide open. The way it folds in comes down directly over the driver seat where you are sitting.

He has a wrx now.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wasn't arguing.
Someone I know got in 2 accidents in the S197 and the a pillar was what messed him up both times

2nd time split his head wide open. The way it folds in comes down directly over the driver seat where you are sitting.

He has a wrx now.

L no i know you werent, i meant me with my rebuttal. Geez! How fast was he goin?! Got any pics? I never see pics of mustangs really effed up. Seems like owners are real careful or the car takes the impact like a champ. My rollover was like 60kmh in winter. Oddly enough the damage was only cosmetic and not structural, couple months to fix(@home) and it was putt putting back down the road
Old 08-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
L no i know you werent, i meant me with my rebuttal. Geez! How fast was he goin?! Got any pics? I never see pics of mustangs really effed up. Seems like owners are real careful or the car takes the impact like a champ. My rollover was like 60kmh in winter. Oddly enough the damage was only cosmetic and not structural, couple months to fix(@home) and it was putt putting back down the road
let me see if I can get some.
While they were stitching his head up he was taking pictures wide awake. It split it all the way to the skull. Pretty wicked looking

Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Bro i was just in both cars and theres no way the WRX is smaller than a stang and less comfortable. Thats like saying a watermelon is smaller than an apple ? Its dumb. If there was a crash and the doors were jammed do you have any idea how damn hard it would be to take that baby out of the back seat of a stang ? They would have to cut the car in half. Its not the same thing with a 4 door car. In the stang just with a front impact the force can be so much that since theres no space between the fron seat and back seat of the mustang that you could squish your own baby. Like i said it would be dumb for me to prefer a 2 door car like a stang over a subie for safety reasons but to each his own.

mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I hated the wrx i drove, dont get me wrong it was a nice drve. But for the price and the trim level i was very disappointed. It didnt feel very sporty unlike the lancer ralliart i tried. An STI tho... I'd drive the fack outta one of those. Too bad the $40000 base price was double what i wanted to pay/could afford. Either buy outright or lease for 3 years for $1000/month with a big buyout at the end. Nooooope.

Your stangs currently parked am i correct? What do you drive to fill the void?
Old 08-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

How was the weekend

Quote:
Bro i was just in both cars and theres no way the WRX is smaller than a stang and less comfortable. Thats like saying a watermelon is smaller than an apple ? Its dumb. If there was a crash and the doors were jammed do you have any idea how damn hard it would be to take that baby out of the back seat of a stang ? They would have to cut the car in half. Its not the same thing with a 4 door car. In the stang just with a front impact the force can be so much that since theres no space between the fron seat and back seat of the mustang that you could squish your own baby. Like i said it would be dumb for me to prefer a 2 door car like a stang over a subie for safety reasons but to each his own.

Im talkin length width and weight wise, not interior.

And to each his own... Youre exactly right, my friend.

700km to and from work and 30km(thats if i even take the stang) with my kid in the car a week wasnt enough for me to buy something i'd be sick of after a month.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im talkin length width and weight wise, not interior.

And to each his own... Youre exactly right, my friend.

700km to and from work and 30km(thats if i even take the stang) with my kid in the car a week wasnt enough for me to buy something i'd be sick of after a month.

Well i mean im not saying i would trade my mustang for a subie just because i have a baby. But im saying as a second or third car to go out with wife and baby i would feel more safe and comfortable traveling in the subie than my stang. But i would NEVER trade it lol
Its my baby i wouldnt be able to live with that haha

Old 08-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well i mean im not saying i would trade my mustang for a subie just because i have a baby. But im saying as a second or third car to go out with wife and baby i would feel more safe and comfortable traveling in the subie than my stang. But i would NEVER trade it lol
Its my baby i wouldnt be able to live with that haha

Haha gotcha. I only needed to do a trip around the block in the stang and i was sold lol not even 2 kms it lasted, and i was tossed the keys and told to have fun so i coulda made it last. Didnt need to lol

I will say tho, a rear facing carseat WILL NOT fit with a passenger in the front seat lol. I shoulda prob been more specific, my "baby" is actually a 3 year old now lol. Havent been able to drop callin her daddys little baby yet

Funny story about the wrx i tested tho, a really young intern came with me as well as my buddy for the ride. Investing that much into a car, im not gonna drive it like a granny... Im gonna need to see what its got. Needless to say the pimply faced young intern was holdin on for dear life and my buddy in the backseat laughin his *** off tellin me not to break it. I just wanted to hear the turbo
Old 08-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha gotcha. I only needed to do a trip around the block in the stang and i was sold lol not even 2 kms it lasted, and i was tossed the keys and told to have fun so i coulda made it last. Didnt need to lol

I will say tho, a rear facing carseat WILL NOT fit with a passenger in the front seat lol. I shoulda prob been more specific, my "baby" is actually a 3 year old now lol. Havent been able to drop callin her daddys little baby yet

Funny story about the wrx i tested tho, a really young intern came with me as well as my buddy for the ride. Investing that much into a car, im not gonna drive it like a granny... Im gonna need to see what its got. Needless to say the pimply faced young intern was holdin on for dear life and my buddy in the backseat laughin his *** off tellin me not to break it. I just wanted to hear the turbo

Lol thats a good one !! You have to hear that turbo spool up thats the fun of it !! 😉
I did something similar one time i tested a 2008 shelby with upgraded pulley full exhaust tune and intake pushing almost 600 and the guy next to me was pooping his pants lol
I was doing 140 in no time he took me to a place to test drive it and i did lol he said that car had raw power and that it wanted to kill us lmao !! 😂😂

Old 08-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol thats a good one !! You have to hear that turbo spool up thats the fun of it !! 😉
I did something similar one time i tested a 2008 shelby with upgraded pulley full exhaust tune and intake pushing almost 600 and the guy next to me was pooping his pants lol
I was doing 140 in no time he took me to a place to test drive it and i did lol he said that car had raw power and that it wanted to kill us lmao !! 😂😂

Hahahaha mint! Jealous you got the drive a shelby!! I wanna try one but im afraid my car wont be enough for me afterwards lol
Old 08-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahahaha mint! Jealous you got the drive a shelby!! I wanna try one but im afraid my car wont be enough for me afterwards lol

Thats how i felt for a while after testing driving it but hey im happy enough knowing i can beat 80% of the cars around here including previous generation V8s lol
Now that puts a smile on my face haha

Old 08-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thats how i felt for a while after testing driving it but hey im happy enough knowing i can beat 80% of the cars around here including previous generation V8s lol
Now that puts a smile on my face haha

The look on their faces after is priceless! Haha
Old 08-27-2014, 02:14 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The look on their faces after is priceless! Haha

Yes it is ! Lol
Theyre like what !? But but but thats a damn V6 !! And im like yeah 2 cylinders less than you. They always ask whenever they dont know the capability of a V6 if im FI and im like no just Tune Intake and Headers lol
Theyre jaw drops ALL THE TIME lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar