iPhone or Android - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Noodles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,198
iPhone or Android

Just pre-ordered the iPhone 6. Just curious what everyone else prefers.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Android just because buying an iphone to me is buying a brand

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joaquin_ii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 547
android fans like above are always going to hate on apple.

i personally prefer iphones and just pre ordered mine this morning!!
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin_ii View Post
android fans like above are always going to hate on apple.

i personally prefer iphones and just pre ordered mine this morning!!
I'm not hating on apple. I dislike how the release stuff like the 5c and market it as new phones when all it is is a color lol. Just wish they had more ingenuity is all

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 370
Android.

I'm more of an HTC guy.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joaquin_ii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I'm not hating on apple. I dislike how the release stuff like the 5c and market it as new phones when all it is is a color lol. Just wish they had more ingenuity is all

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

I agree with that. I thought the idea of a "colorful" iPhone was absurd. I always like the fact that only one phone carried the iOS and that they only made one phone for it and works perfectly for it.

As for the new two iPhones they just released I don't agree with either. I liked it better when you can only choose one phone.
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin_ii View Post
I agree with that. I thought the idea of a "colorful" iPhone was absurd. I always like the fact that only one phone carried the iOS and that they only made one phone for it and works perfectly for it.

As for the new two iPhones they just released I don't agree with either. I liked it better when you can only choose one phone.
At least they are released at the same time I suppose

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,212
I worked for IBM/Apple as a Tier 2 technician (Product Specialist) for a few years in the Ipod/Portables (laptops)/Desktops, I can say with confidence, I will never own an Apple product.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Other day on the Wall Street Journal I saw a side by side comparison between the 5s, 6, and 6+, and the GS5. The Galaxy blew the 6+ and all the others out of the water.

I have owned an iPhone 4 and 5 and my next phone I can say with confidence will not be an iPhone


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Other day on the Wall Street Journal I saw a side by side comparison between the 5s, 6, and 6+, and the GS5. The Galaxy blew the 6+ and all the others out of the water.

I have owned an iPhone 4 and 5 and my next phone I can say with confidence will not be an iPhone


Bullitts are better than Bullets
The iphone 6 is on the same level as a 2012 android phone. Can't remember what one

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 34
Came from an Android to an Iphone and I'm thrilled with the 5s!
Sahelmadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Noodles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,198
Ya I have had all the iPhones and tried going to androids ie the note and galaxy s4 but had a lot of problems with both hence why I'm going back to the iphone.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
The operating systems are vastly different so that makes sense.. I imagine it would be a task to figure out an android after an iphone

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Noodles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,198
Ya that and the s4's screen some how magically shattered while it was laying in the passenger seat of my car. Got quoted 225 to repair it. Ended up cheaper claiming insurance. I have never broken a screen on any of the iPhones.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #15
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
LG G3
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #16
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The iphone 6 is on the same level as a 2012 android phone. Can't remember what one

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410553134645.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	165837
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Yes that picture lol

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 34
LOL so true!
Sahelmadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post

I have this picture printed and on the wall at work and I get a lot of dirty looks. You want low tech for dummies that looks flashy, get an iphone. And be locked in to proprietary stuff.

Case in point, my boss HAS to use an iphone. Not because he prefers them anymore but because back in the day he got Apple TV, bought all his stuff on itunes etc... All the stuff he BOUGHT AND PAID FOR, he cannot use unless it is on an Apple product. Yeah no thanks.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
I phone sucks. Went from the iPhone 5 to the S4, then to the HTC One. Then to a iPhone 5s. Now I have the s5 active

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
I go with Android because google seems to be heading in a better direction that Apple. Also, apple is a stand alone where many companies use Android OS so the choices are more extensive and it tends to reason R&D is better because more sources
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joaquin_ii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I have this picture printed and on the wall at work and I get a lot of dirty looks. You want low tech for dummies that looks flashy, get an iphone. And be locked in to proprietary stuff.



Case in point, my boss HAS to use an iphone. Not because he prefers them anymore but because back in the day he got Apple TV, bought all his stuff on itunes etc... All the stuff he BOUGHT AND PAID FOR, he cannot use unless it is on an Apple product. Yeah no thanks.

Your argument is invalid. You can use what you buy from iTunes on many different platforms. As with android phones. The Apple TV doesn't need an iPhone to function, it's a stand alone product.
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I go with Android because google seems to be heading in a better direction that Apple. Also, apple is a stand alone where many companies use Android OS so the choices are more extensive and it tends to reason R&D is better because more sources
^^ This. When the iPhone first came out, it seemed like a really innovative product. At the time, I'd say it was hands down the best smart phone, and I'm an android guy. But then, Android phones caught up and eventually passed the iPhone in performance and features. I think the app store for the iPhone is still a bit stronger, but as someone else here said, you're just buying a brand. Just take a look at an iPhone otter box (heavy duty phone case for the uninitiated); there's a cut out through all the hard plastic, silicone gel, etc just for the Apple logo.

That all being said, I don't think Android and iOS are competing for the same markets. I love modding devices, "hacking software" (I run a custom Android OS), and having total control over my device. Most people with Apple devices that I know want it to "just work" and aren't very tech savvy (no offense to Apple techhies, you're the exception). The closed nature of the software (yeah I get there's jailbreaking, but that's not even close to open source SW) makes it much more difficult to tinker with.

At the end of the day, one isn't better than the other overall. If you want to do certain things, Android is the clear choice, for other areas, Apple is the clear choice (try finding an "Android store" with the same level of support as Apple stores for example). I think it all just boils down to preference and what people want out of their phones.
__________________
2011 Fully-loaded V6 Premium
PythonV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Hands down I prefer the operating system of the android network over the I phone network. Not a fan of I phones

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin_ii View Post
Your argument is invalid. You can use what you buy from iTunes on many different platforms. As with android phones. The Apple TV doesn't need an iPhone to function, it's a stand alone product.
He is telling me it works much better with all apple stuffs and some things he has are apple only. I dunno, I loathe itunes and will not pay the holy **** prices for apple products that use the same damn hardware as everything else.

Another strong contender to look for as a top notch phone is the LG G3. The G2 was better than the S4 but I think the S5 is now the current benchmark. The Note4 is going to be cray cray for those who are ok with a phablet size but I personally find them a bit too big. I still have my G2 going strong and I need to get off my *** and Rom it. Its been rooted since I've had it, just being able to remove adware and all that other crap makes it worth it.

That's something else, you can jailbreak in iphone when they figure out the current ios but rooting an android lets you load custom kernels, roms, all the rooted apps etc... etc... baked in stuff like overclocking, ad killers and tethering are all awesome too. My last phone that I had while I was on the road was fully done up and between myself and the aircrew on various trips in the states I went through damn near 100 gigs of data at my highest month. Good thing I've still got Verizon Unlimited.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Beverly Hills
Region: California
Posts: 75
i hate having to sync everything on itunes other i have no issues with apple but android is just no nonsense and have features way before they show up on iphones.
deadpandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Parniak
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 618
Black berry lol I need buttons . FN hate touch screen
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonV6 View Post
^^ This. When the iPhone first came out, it seemed like a really innovative product. At the time, I'd say it was hands down the best smart phone, and I'm an android guy. But then, Android phones caught up and eventually passed the iPhone in performance and features. I think the app store for the iPhone is still a bit stronger, but as someone else here said, you're just buying a brand. Just take a look at an iPhone otter box (heavy duty phone case for the uninitiated); there's a cut out through all the hard plastic, silicone gel, etc just for the Apple logo.

That all being said, I don't think Android and iOS are competing for the same markets. I love modding devices, "hacking software" (I run a custom Android OS), and having total control over my device. Most people with Apple devices that I know want it to "just work" and aren't very tech savvy (no offense to Apple techhies, you're the exception). The closed nature of the software (yeah I get there's jailbreaking, but that's not even close to open source SW) makes it much more difficult to tinker with.

At the end of the day, one isn't better than the other overall. If you want to do certain things, Android is the clear choice, for other areas, Apple is the clear choice (try finding an "Android store" with the same level of support as Apple stores for example). I think it all just boils down to preference and what people want out of their phones.
When the iphone came out, it was a trendy hipster take on something truly innovative and useful. Windows mobile. I could do more on WM5 in 2007 than an iphone 6 can do now.

Iphones are all about status, or being trendy. They function without issue- but are specifically made one way. Little to no options. They are made just to work, and do what one wants (and that is okay with macintosh). I appreciate macintosh for making the iphone to grow competition. It forced Google to speed up development of their OS, it made Google drop most their plans on a OS made for a keyboard, it pushes Google to do better.

People don't want function. They want trendy. The down side, is that for Google to compete with the majority, they have to do stupid things. Who here has TOO MUCH battery?

Although most Androids have fine batteries or are at least better than comparable iphones, they go after the bright screens, white, colors that are bright and use up power. Google is taking away options. I didn't buy a phone that is one way. I am unique, and I like to customize- why my Moto X is bamboo with white and green accents lol- so why does my OS have to be generic, and difficult to use?

There are definite positives to macintosh. But there are definite positives to Google. Personally, I will trade the trend and control of macintosh for customization and open source of Google- until Google sells out too far, and I switch to a Motorola RAZR.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,607


Nuff said. #Bendghazi

The hilarious thing is its all idiot hipsters with tight ***, ball crushing jeans buying these things which only causes this to happen faster. My last phone was a Droid Bionic in a basic TPU case. In 2 years, the phone went all over the world to 25+ countries, got jet fuel spilled on it, fell down flights of anti-skid coated stairs, got stepped on, got jet oil all over it, grease, hydraulic fluid, was used as a flashlight to inspect hot landing gear brakes in Afghanistan when my LED flashlight (and gloves) walked off with some ****ing TCN etc... etc... Also had a Pentile display so I could see the screen just fine outside in blinding sun at 120+ temps while refueling in various sandbox countries etc... etc...

Ppl I wored with with the old iphones either had them in huge otterboxes, or they had cracked phones. This new iCrap... some stupid ******bag with a beard and cutoff dockers and combat boots who thinks he is being original while looking like every other moron in his age group has his phone for 3 days and its bent and non-functional. Lmfao.

/rant.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,607


#Bendghazi.

Although apparently it is being overblown. I'm not going to buy early 2010s tech to find out though.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AmericanMuscle Should Get an IPhone and Android App! Kustumb The Bar 4 06-17-2013 09:21 AM
Mustang android tablet radio Mlp07 Mustang Audio & Video 4 02-07-2013 12:47 PM
Dynomaster for Android dellito General Mustang Discussion 4 07-14-2012 08:03 PM
MustangEvolution Android App Now Available Brent ME Site Help & Announcements 23 12-20-2010 07:19 AM
I Think I'm Going To Get An Android Brent The Bar 12 09-26-2008 05:37 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:33 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.