What do you think of this ??????????????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
What do you think of this ???????????????

This is a great item to add to your Mustang because you can safely use your computer or I-Pad while driving down the highway at 75 Miles per hour. Better yet, You can check your very important E-Mail while sitting in stop & go traffic.

Car Steering Wheel Multifunctional Table Clip iPad Stand Tray Drink Holder Black | eBay

If you don't like that one, Try this one.
http://www.steering-wheel-ipad.com/

I'm sure happy someone came out with this great convenience item for all of the people tat want to play with their computer while driving.

These will kill someone some day or night.

Just think, We used to only worry about drunk drivers, Now we have to worry about stupid morons that will buy one of these and use it.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I can't believe they would even sell something like that, the description on the ipad mount just makes me furious! "The deiver can shift his eyes from the ipad to the road ahead with almost no eye movenent, its much safer than texting" are you serious!?!? I hope i never see someone using one of these, i cant stand people on there phones while driving not to mention its illegal in MD.
jasondanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondanger View Post
I can't believe they would even sell something like that, the description on the ipad mount just makes me furious! "The deiver can shift his eyes from the ipad to the road ahead with almost no eye movenent, its much safer than texting" are you serious!?!? I hope i never see someone using one of these, i cant stand people on there phones while driving not to mention its illegal in MD.
Yeah, this is bad for drivers everywhere. Not a good product at all.

And for mustang drivers, there should never be a need for something like this. After all, isn't the drive itself pleasurable and provide stimulation enough?
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
This is a great item to add to your Mustang because you can safely use your computer or I-Pad while driving down the highway at 75 Miles per hour. Better yet, You can check your very important E-Mail while sitting in stop & go traffic.

Car Steering Wheel Multifunctional Table Clip iPad Stand Tray Drink Holder Black | eBay

If you don't like that one, Try this one.
http://www.steering-wheel-ipad.com/

I'm sure happy someone came out with this great convenience item for all of the people tat want to play with their computer while driving.

These will kill someone some day or night.

Just think, We used to only worry about drunk drivers, Now we have to worry about stupid morons that will buy one of these and use it.
Ronnie

Not cop bashing, I have three nephews who are all cops, but you see so many of them driving down the road punching on their computers. One passed me the other day going about 10 over down Main Street in town doing that. No lights or siren, young kid, made me wonder if he even realized how fast he was going. That can't be safe either.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Not cop bashing, I have three nephews who are all cops, but you see so many of them driving down the road punching on their computers. One passed me the other day going about 10 over down Main Street in town doing that. No lights or siren, young kid, made me wonder if he even realized how fast he was going. That can't be safe either.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
A friend of mine was in an accident with a K9 unit for that exact reason. The cop was going about 30 over in a 25 zone typing on his computer. No lights, no sirens. Around 2-3 in the morning on a main street here.

Flew over a hill where my buddy was stopped at a stop sign. The cop veered into his lane before realizing, swerved and flipped the SUV OVER my friend's small truck. And landing behind him slightly on the truck bed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That couldn't have been good for the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
That couldn't have been good for the dog.

The cage was pretty solid I guess because the dog was ok, a few scrapes. The cop had a couple fractured bones.

My buddy had a concussion from the jarring of the impact and the truck was done but it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I've been on ride-alongs in patrol cars and have been able to use the police computers in them. They don't have an internet browser or anything like that. The police officers actually have to use them while driving when they leave one patrol zone an enter another or if they are running another car's license plates in front of them. There are reasons, most of them good.

As for these laptop/iPad holders. The laptop one wouldn't work while diving because turning the wheel would knock the laptop off the tray. The iPad one, though, is surprising. It could be handy for using a navigation app (I mount my phone to my dash on trips to use it as a GPS) but looks like it would be way too easy to get on the internet and d*ck around.

Those would be illegal where I live and I've never seen one, so I'm not that worried. But then again I see 200 people a day with their phone pressed up against the wheel while they're driving so what's the difference really. I recently read an article which stated that boredom was the number one killer in automotive deaths, not cell phones. Boredom or highway hypnosis caused 5x more accidents than cell phones. Just food for thought.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:41 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

They need two officers in a car like in the old days.

With only one cop in a car doing all of the crap that has to be done it is impossible for them to drive in a safe manor.
They used to have two cops in a car and it was much safer for the officers as well as they did a way better job of protecting the public.
Now, working alone it seems they are open to all kinds of violence from being beat up to shot to death. As well as every day you hear about a police officer involved in a crash because of his in car computer.
They need two officers per car at all times.
Ronnie
Old 09-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With only one cop in a car doing all of the crap that has to be done it is impossible for them to drive in a safe manor.
They used to have two cops in a car and it was much safer for the officers as well as they did a way better job of protecting the public.
Now, working alone it seems they are open to all kinds of violence from being beat up to shot to death. As well as every day you hear about a police officer involved in a crash because of his in car computer.
Ronnie
1 Adam-12.....

Old 09-22-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Ha ! Ha !

Yep, Just like Adam 12 on TV.
Ronnie
Old 09-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm liking it, I need to head to best buy and get me an iPad asap. Promoting to be on Facebook/Twitter or even playing a game while driving awesome! I like it a lot...NOT! Smh. The only good use of this is being able to use GPS on your iPad and have it on your steering wheel. But most people now-a-days get easily distracted and they'll end up checking their Facebook or doing whatever on their iPad.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I see people using this product where I live. I see some crazy sh*t every day when I drive.

Quote:
Ronnie
+1
Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
As for cops and their in-car computers, they can pull over to use it... just like we are supposed to do to check or reply to a text or use the phone. There is no good excuse for them to drive in an unsafe manner. None. They shouldn't be randomly checking license plates anyways. That is not their job. If the car ahead of them is suspicious enough to warrant running its plates, then pull it over. If not, there is no reason to run its plates. No reason to be on the computer. None. Randomly searching plates is bull$#!+ and shouldn't be allowed.

As for the iPod holder, I remember watching a Mtv Cribs episode many years ago. It was featuring Ludacris, the rapper. And along with a refrigerator filled completely with fried chicken and Corona, he had a BMW that someone had gotten him as a gift. He said he love the car very much and appreciates it as a gift, but then he points to a tv screen literally mounted in the steering wheel and says "but that has to be the stupidest F-beep!-in' thing I have ever seen".
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
I'm liking it, I need to head to best buy and get me an iPad asap. Promoting to be on Facebook/Twitter or even playing a game while driving awesome! I like it a lot...NOT! Smh. The only good use of this is being able to use GPS on your iPad and have it on your steering wheel. But most people now-a-days get easily distracted and they'll end up checking their Facebook or doing whatever on their iPad.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I see people using this product where I live. I see some crazy sh*t every day when I drive.

+1
We are seeing this the wrong way guys. I would totally get that so I can sit in my driveway and play all of these racing games that I am so bad at on my phone. That tilt mechanic is silly... but with a steering wheel it might be a lot better!

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

If cops pulled over every time they used their computer they wouldn't make it anywhere. The cop I was with spent most of the time running plates. Every time we were near another cars, run the plates. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 09-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
If cops pulled over every time they used their computer they wouldn't make it anywhere. The cop I was with spent most of the time running plates. Every time we were near another cars, run the plates. Lol
Given the amount of time some people spend on their phones, if they pulled over every time, they wouldn't get anywhere either. Cops have no d@mn right to run plates at random. It's the same as an unwarranted search. And for them to risk driving unsafely just to run a plate is unacceptable. If there is no just cause to think of a vehicle as suspicious, then there is no reason to run its plates. And if there is a good reason, then they should pull the car over, then run its plates. End of story.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Every morning when I turn on the local news++++

There is almost always a short story about a police car accident either here in the Daytona area or in the Orlando area.
They seem to get into more crashes then any teen driver or old person.
I think I'm gonna start writing them down and see just how many police involved accidents happen in a month. Just in the central Florida area. Of course they never give a reason on the news of what caused the crash but we all pretty well know it is lack of attention while driving almost all of the time.

When I ever get to be "KING of Florida" I'm gonna have two cops to a car or maybe one cop and a secretary. We all will be much safer then.
Ronnie
Old 09-23-2014, 06:24 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Given the amount of time some people spend on their phones, if they pulled over every time, they wouldn't get anywhere either. Cops have no d@mn right to run plates at random. It's the same as an unwarranted search. And for them to risk driving unsafely just to run a plate is unacceptable. If there is no just cause to think of a vehicle as suspicious, then there is no reason to run its plates. And if there is a good reason, then they should pull the car over, then run its plates. End of story.
You have no right to privacy when it comes to your license plate number. You literally have to keep it out for everyone to see everywhere you go. Not to say that many a court case has been fought over the issue. But thus far, it's not a breach of the 4th Amendment.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

yeh lets take a sharp turn. oh looook the computers out the window. why would they advertise this.. worse than textn and drivin imho
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #20
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
food for thought......

instead of an airbag in the steering wheel hub installing a large steel spike. One would prevent injuries while the other would prevent accidents....

another in my Strange Idea series.....
Old 09-27-2014, 05:22 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
As for cops and their in-car computers, they can pull over to use it... just like we are supposed to do to check or reply to a text or use the phone. There is no good excuse for them to drive in an unsafe manner. None. They shouldn't be randomly checking license plates anyways. That is not their job. If the car ahead of them is suspicious enough to warrant running its plates, then pull it over. If not, there is no reason to run its plates. No reason to be on the computer. None. Randomly searching plates is bull$#!+ and shouldn't be allowed.

As for the iPod holder, I remember watching a Mtv Cribs episode many years ago. It was featuring Ludacris, the rapper. And along with a refrigerator filled completely with fried chicken and Corona, he had a BMW that someone had gotten him as a gift. He said he love the car very much and appreciates it as a gift, but then he points to a tv screen literally mounted in the steering wheel and says "but that has to be the stupidest F-beep!-in' thing I have ever seen".

They absolutely do need to rub plates all the time. That's how they come across a wanted criminal in an otherwise inconspicuous Honda Civic. Should they be doing it going 60-70 on the highway? No. But at the light or stopping at a stop sign sure go for it. Or if it's on a slow road. I dunno. I rather them be running plates than not if they can do it safely. Maybe cops should get steering wheel mounted input devices or voice recognition to run plates.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:34 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

The wheel mounted table is actually a great little device. No where in the description I don't think did it say to use while driving. In fact I think the design is impossible to use while driving. It's mean as a means for you to use your computer or iPad in a convenient way while parked like a sales guy before his appointment trying to run some numbers or update a proposal on the fly. Or as a dining tray while eating on the go type thing. OP and most of you just made the assumption that it was for use while driving.

HOWEVER, the wheel mounted iPad. I thought that was a joke. Like some video prank lol. It has the dumbest design flaw ever. In the event of a front collision the iPad will shoot out into the face of the driver and probably knock him/her the fok out if not kill him/her lol. He'll have iPad glass or components hammered into his skull by the air bag's deployment. Lol

I'd actually buy the first one for myself.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar