Issues with ricers. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Issues with ricers.

Is there any possible way to avoid them? Every time I'm just cruising around I run into some beatdown car with a fart can and airplane wing spoiler that seems to think since I'm driving a mustang, I must want to race. (PS: I never take them up on it or teach them a lesson about performance so I am not street racing)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2014, 12:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Word.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411709912961.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	166901  
Old 09-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Funny story

When I had my Corvette I was sitting at a red light coming off I-95 in the right side of the left turn lane. A Civic or some little Honda type crap was in the left side lane left turn lane. For you that don't have street or roads like this it is that there are two lanes that allow left turning of two lanes of traffic at the same time.
Well, Mister Jap car wanted to race me going into the turn when the light turned green. I revved my engine like I was going to do it but when the light went green I just sat there and watched the Honda or whatever it was drive straight into the guard rail instead of making the turn. He destroyed that car. I did stop to see if he was injured and he was not so I slowly drove home laughing all the way.

If I was to race him he would have run right into me.
Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I was at a mustang meet last week and I wanna say I was probably one of the youngest there so everyone else was a little older and of course you had those men who are around 50 or 60 years old with their nice Shelby's and 5.0s. Well I wanna say around 3 to 4 hours into the meet up, these guys driving Nissan 350s and some other ricers decided it would be a good idea to park where we parked and revved their engine trying to "show off" and "taunt" us and cause trouble. Well next thing you know, you had those older men go and cuss them out of the parking lot! It was priceless seeing their faces after getting cussed out by those older men!

Old 09-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
nope, I get trolled a lot by high end cars. Has an Aston Martin DB9 troll me a few nights ago. Its as if I am the ricer and they are having jokes at my expense lol
Old 09-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
To acknowledge the ricer is to feed the ricer. Just like internet trolls.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

So best course of action is just ignoring them?

Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I wave to them and blow them Kisses They then decide to just drive away. I am one of them old guys someone was saying that has a Shelby. Funny thing is I don't feel old I just look it. We where at a show once and a bunch of them were there also, they started their engines and hit the gas a little while and shut them down. I drove up in front of all of them rev'ed my engine and drove back to my parking space. The entire bunch of them came down to look at what was under my hood. It was all friendly so it worked for me.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Old 09-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah, what could you possibly gain from trying to prove something? You know your car is faster, if they are stupid enough to think theirs is faster, who cares.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Don't fool yourself into thinking they are all """NOT FAST""

Some of those rice cakes are in the 11 and 12 second range. But the owners of cars like that are usually "CAR GUYS" and don't troll around street racing.
It is the rice owner with a fart box and not much else that are the idiots that think everybody wants to race them on the street.
Ronnie
Old 09-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Some of those rice cakes are in the 11 and 12 second range. But the owners of cars like that are usually "CAR GUYS" and don't troll around street racing.
It is the rice owner with a fart box and not much else that are the idiots that think everybody wants to race them on the street.
Ronnie
I was going to mention this as well. There are plenty of legit fast 4 banger fwd cars. They weigh nothing and parts are really plentiful and they are turbo cars from the factory half the time. Anyone who frequents a 1/4 track regularly will eventually see some dude with a beat up Civic or whatever running 9s.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #12
Road Trip!

I say the only way to handle it is to leave them in the dust....

They usually do it when they're not alone, So they end up feeling stupid when you're literally a block ahead of them.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It's not worth it

I don't know about other states but here in Florida if you get caught Street racing you have a good chance of losing your car. You will lose your license for sure as well as a big fine.
Ronnie
Old 09-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

a ricer pulling up next to a mustang at a light is like us pulling up beside a higher end car at a light. Some of us may think we have what it takes to go against them.
Its not always about winning, sometimes I like to just see how I do when I am I the cobra. When I am in my mustang I usually pretend to look at my phone or change radio station lol because I don't want to get humiliated
Old 09-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I see more riced out Mustangs driven by "ricers" than anything else.

It also depends on what car you're driving. In my 2014 Mustang, all I get are nods and thumbs up. Only had a few people try to instigate anything, one being an LT1 Z28 and the other being a 4.6 2v Mustang.

When I drive my Z28, everyone seems to want some. Regardless of it being a new Porsche 911 Turbo, a rusted out Fox, C5 Vette, Srt-4 or a Toyota Turcel with a 5 foot wing and a Folgers Classic Roast exhaust. I think mostly because it's loud with a big cam (237/242 .603"/.609" 111 LSA) and the car literally shakes like it's in an earthquake. I would guess the majority of people just want to see a car like that get on it. I know I would when I was in my teens.

As far as D-bags that always want to race in their POS cars, Mustang owners are by far the kings of that category, at least in my area.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Toyota Turcel with a 5 foot wing and a Folgers Classic Roast exhaust.
you made my day!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As far as D-bags that always want to race in their POS cars, Mustang owners are by far the kings of that category, at least in my area.
I'm glad somebody said it
Old 09-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Issues with ricers.

Quote:
I see more riced out Mustangs driven by "ricers" than anything else.

It also depends on what car you're driving. In my 2014 Mustang, all I get are nods and thumbs up. Only had a few people try to instigate anything, one being an LT1 Z28 and the other being a 4.6 2v Mustang.

When I drive my Z28, everyone seems to want some. Regardless of it being a new Porsche 911 Turbo, a rusted out Fox, C5 Vette, Srt-4 or a Toyota Turcel with a 5 foot wing and a Folgers Classic Roast exhaust. I think mostly because it's loud with a big cam (237/242 .603"/.609" 111 LSA) and the car literally shakes like it's in an earthquake. I would guess the majority of people just want to see a car like that get on it. I know I would when I was in my teens.

Seems like just your area. Most of the cars you described are imports in my area. And the typical BMW ******s

Actually the Camaros are usually more on the garbage looking level.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 09-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

so what cars do you guys consider to be on the Mustangs level lol what kind of cars would you take seriously that are equal to the mustang
Old 09-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #20
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
so what cars do you guys consider to be on the Mustangs level lol what kind of cars would you take seriously that are equal to the mustang
Infiniti G35..... Just Kidding
Old 09-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Cars that i see equal, even if one is clearly faster than the other in some areas are:
Mustang, Camaro, STI, EVO, Challenger, Charger, 370z

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 09-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Seems like just your area. Most of the cars you described are imports in my area. And the typical BMW ******s

Actually the Camaros are usually more on the garbage looking level.
I only know of one person who has a BMW and it's a nice 335i.

We have some junk 80's F bodies here .. but they are just falling apart. There are several, like 8 Mustangs of the 94 - 2010 body styles that are just horrible looking. Half of them are V8's, the other v6's. All of them think they are the fastest thing on the planet.

A few months ago we were out in my friends built 9.9 second @ 144 mph C6 Z06 and one of these guys literally asked if we wanted to race for pinks at a stop light. This Mustang was a 96 - 98 GT with a triple decker, ikea bookshelf wing, a fast and furious bodykit, silver duct tape racing stripes, 3 mis-matching wheels and a uni-dual exhaust (one of the dual pipes fell off).

Needless to say, an S/C LS7 with 680 whp can easily rape a 2v 4.6 with Allah knows what done to it, using only 4th gear.

About a week later, this same guy tells me he likes my Cobra. I drive a 2014 3.7 with the MCA package and a vented GT hood. Damn morons.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

You should have taken him up on it, but stipulated that he agreed to pay for the flatbed to the scrapyard prior to the race and also for your mileage to follow said flatbed to the JY to sell it.

Agreed that there are a ton of ******bags, mostly in SN95 V6s or 94-98 cars but more and more are in new edges. That is about the only thing I dislike about owning a 94-98 body style, its the one most affordable to boy racers. Nice foxes are actually too much money and a lower mileage New Edge is still going to be in the $8k range. Not a high mileage 98GT...

Old 09-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

Anything with vtec(srs)
Old 09-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I don't know about other states but here in Florida if you get caught Street racing you have a good chance of losing your car. You will lose your license for sure as well as a big fine.
Ronnie
In VA they crush your car, with you watching, then jail.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Happens all the time I just laugh really

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411771916473.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	166923  
Old 09-27-2014, 05:50 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When I had my Corvette I was sitting at a red light coming off I-95 in the right side of the left turn lane. A Civic or some little Honda type crap was in the left side lane left turn lane. For you that don't have street or roads like this it is that there are two lanes that allow left turning of two lanes of traffic at the same time.

Well, Mister Jap car wanted to race me going into the turn when the light turned green. I revved my engine like I was going to do it but when the light went green I just sat there and watched the Honda or whatever it was drive straight into the guard rail instead of making the turn. He destroyed that car. I did stop to see if he was injured and he was not so I slowly drove home laughing all the way.

If I was to race him he would have run right into me.

Ronnie

In technical terms you provoked him into the race/accident. You revved your motor. Not the same as doing nothing and he took off and crashed.

If a guy was gonna jump off the bridge and you edged him on to jump by taunting him. Not sure if that has any legal ramifications on your part or not. But what I did learn from Jody Foster's movie The Accused is that you're just as guilty if you're found to have cheered and supported a crime even though you didn't commit it yourself.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Your probably 100% right

He did rev his engine first but I did rev mine so I guess it was all my fought he wrecked his car.
Now I really feel bad.
Ronnie
Old 09-27-2014, 09:50 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
He did rev his engine first but I did rev mine so I guess it was all my fought he wrecked his car.
Now I really feel bad.
Ronnie
Nope it's not your fault, every person is liable for its own action. He is just too stupid enough to race in a public place. Gotta pay the consequences.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
Old 09-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #30
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Rember- I had a Corvette at that time.

My Vette was pretty loud and sounded really good. When he reved his car I thought he just wanted to hear my Corvette.
When he kept up his RPM"s I knew he was going to hammer it around the turn so I just sat there a few seconds to watch him. His right front crashed into that guard rail at about 20 or 30 MPH and the car hugged the rail for about 20 or 25 feet before stopping. I did stop to see if he was injured and he was not. There were other people there so I just drove home.
The reason I did not go when he did was I sure did not want to get caught Drag Racing due to the consequences you face here in Florida.
Ronnie
Old 09-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #31

Region: Georgia
In my area its a lot of civics, and sn95s. I have all these awful looking sn95s and new edge mustangs pull up next to me at stop lights and rev and all they are is a bunch of white trash guys that think their mustang is god. Iv only raced once because i was young and stupid and i got walked on by what i would call a sleeper. It was a newer mustang probably a 2010 (in 2010). His car didn't sound like really anything at all had been done but as soon as he started to take off i heard the massive blow off and didn't realize he had put twin turbo on the back so unless it was a hoax it was a twin turbo haha but he did rev at me to instigate it.
Low and fitted 02 vert. Lowered on racelands with matching camber plates. Steeda bumpsteer and ball joints. On white Saleen rims 18x10 all the way around wrapped in 245/40/18 and 295/35/18. MGW race shifter with a custom white gt knob. Carbon Driven gauge cover and fog bezels. Cobra bumper. Straight piped. spectra ram air. bbk adj clutch cable. 2 12" kenwoods and a 165db 3 note train horn with a 1.5gl air tank.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Around here it's trucks. Every jagoff with Flowmasters on his truck thinks they're fast. Next would be diesels. They even try to roll coal on me at some points, which infuriates me. I spend too damn long on my car to get your exhaust all over it .

Other than that, we have a strange amount of Chrysler 300Cs around here that like to race, not sure why. Heavy pieces of junk.

The only ones I've gone after in/near town in Mexico was a 5.0 that was racing everything in sight. Actually kept on his door the whole way, but of course he won. Just a crap driver.

The other one was a Lexus IS250 on the highway also in Mexico. Little bugger surprised me. Definitely wasn't stock. He walked me pretty well.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 09-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Here its basically anything, some early S197's, sn95's, a Lexus on I95, Camaro's, and Hondas.

Heck, a Fiesta ST too, bugger was quick, then hit nitrous when he was behind, promptly got pulled over. The Lexus was a stupid driver, over 100 sometimes, and weaving in and out of traffic. Ironically, me just going 90(flow of traffic on I95) and steady, kept near him. Eventually passed him.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Here its basically anything, some early S197's, sn95's, a Lexus on I95, Camaro's, and Hondas.

Heck, a Fiesta ST too, bugger was quick, then hit nitrous when he was behind, promptly got pulled over. The Lexus was a stupid driver, over 100 sometimes, and weaving in and out of traffic. Ironically, me just going 90(flow of traffic on I95) and steady, kept near him. Eventually passed him.

So you were street racing? Bad mustangz lol. But did you at least beat him?

Old 09-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
So you were street racing? Bad mustangz lol. But did you at least beat him?

Yes, even with his nitrous shot.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar