1964 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
1964

Hey guys! Today was my turn to turn 50! Here's a few things that happened that year!

- Mustang was introduced.
- Barracuda was introduced.
- GTO was introduced.
- Chevelle was introduced.
- Malibu was introduced.
- Beatles come to America.
- Rolling Stones come to America.
- World's Fair in New York.
- US Surgeon General warns that smoking may be hazardous to your health.
- GI Joe introduced.
- Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) TKOs Sonny Liston in 7 for heavyweight boxing title.
- Cassius Clay joins the Nation of Islam and its leader Elijah Muhammad renames him Muhammad Ali.
- Kennedy half-dollar released.
- IBM announces the System/360.
- 1st BASIC program runs on a computer.
- Civil Rights Act passes.
- Race riots around country.
- US begins bombing North Vietnam.
- Bewitched premieres.
- Munsters premiere.
- Johnson wins presidential election.
- Vatican abolished Latin as official language of Roman Catholic liturgy.
- Baseball approves a free-agent draft.
- "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" 1st airs on TV.
- Shooting starts for "Star Trek" pilot "The Cage" (Menagerie).
- Canada adopts maple leaf flag.
- "The Pink Panther" cartoon series premieres.
- Last year for US coins containing 90% silver.















Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,633
And with all of that going on around them... Your parents still found the time to conceive you!

Happy birthday GMB!!!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
And with all of that going on around them... Your parents still found the time to conceive you!



Happy birthday GMB!!!


Ha!! Thank you!!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,366
Dam being born in 1989 like me, is pretty dam boring looking at what was going on when you were lol.

Happy Bday.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,684
What happened in 1995? Lol


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Dam being born in 1989 like me, is pretty dam boring looking at what was going on when you were lol.

Happy Bday.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1989? Guess that makes me twice your age. Now I feel old!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
What happened in 1995? Lol


Bullitts are better than Bullets

1995? I have underwear older than you!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
1989? Guess that makes me twice your age. Now I feel old!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Yes sir april of 89 here.

Age is just a # nothing more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Yes sir april of 89 here.

Age is just a # nothing more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Exactly! 50 sounds like a number that belongs to someone else. I still like all the same stuff I did decades ago. I love seeing all the kids wearing rock T-shirts for groups I grew up with and still like. Makes me feel like I grew at the right time.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Dam being born in 1989 like me, is pretty dam boring looking at what was going on when you were lol.

Happy Bday.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lol it almost sounds like you were saying looking at the year GMB was born pretty boring. But we know you better.

Happy Bday GMB!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Lol it almost sounds like you were saying looking at the year GMB was born pretty boring. But we know you better.

Happy Bday GMB!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Thanks!

Just think, Ronnie, Bucko and I'm sure a few others actually remember those things happening!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Lol it almost sounds like you were saying looking at the year GMB was born pretty boring. But we know you better.

Happy Bday GMB!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lol, no I was saying the year I was born was boring compared to his.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Lol, no I was saying the year I was born was boring compared to his.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Well, if it makes you feel any better Rap, in 1989 there was a good sized earthquake, here in Northern CA, that knocked down bridges and buildings and about a quarter of the state was without power for, at least, a couple of days.
It was one of those events that you remember EXACTLY where you were and what you were doing at the time.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Well, if it makes you feel any better Rap, in 1989 there was a good sized earthquake, here in Northern CA, that knocked down bridges and buildings and about a quarter of the state was without power for, at least, a couple of days.

It was one of those events that you remember EXACTLY where you were and what you were doing at the time.

Wasn't that during the San Francisco World Series? I remember driving home from work and hearing about it on the radio. Double-decker highways collapsed, crushing cars like pancakes with people still inside. Took a long time to clean all of that up. Seems like it was yesterday!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Donna
Region: Texas
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Hey guys! Today was my turn to turn 50! Here's a few things that happened that year!

- Mustang was introduced.
- Barracuda was introduced.
- GTO was introduced.
- Chevelle was introduced.
- Malibu was introduced.
- Beatles come to America.
- Rolling Stones come to America.
- World's Fair in New York.
- US Surgeon General warns that smoking may be hazardous to your health.
- GI Joe introduced.
- Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) TKOs Sonny Liston in 7 for heavyweight boxing title.
- Cassius Clay joins the Nation of Islam and its leader Elijah Muhammad renames him Muhammad Ali.
- Kennedy half-dollar released.
- IBM announces the System/360.
- 1st BASIC program runs on a computer.
- Civil Rights Act passes.
- Race riots around country.
- US begins bombing North Vietnam.
- Bewitched premieres.
- Munsters premiere.
- Johnson wins presidential election.
- Vatican abolished Latin as official language of Roman Catholic liturgy.
- Baseball approves a free-agent draft.
- "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" 1st airs on TV.
- Shooting starts for "Star Trek" pilot "The Cage" (Menagerie).
- Canada adopts maple leaf flag.
- "The Pink Panther" cartoon series premieres.
- Last year for US coins containing 90% silver.















Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
I envy you... Not! Haha
Doesn't matter how old we are, we can still have fun!

Happy birthday GMB!

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
__________________
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
I envy you... Not! Haha
Doesn't matter how old we are, we can still have fun!

Happy birthday GMB!

You need to know the rules, to break the rules

Thank you!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Wasn't that during the San Francisco World Series? I remember driving home from work and hearing about it on the radio. Double-decker highways collapsed, crushing cars like pancakes with people still inside. Took a long time to clean all of that up. Seems like it was yesterday!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
It was. The game was just about to start.

It does kind of seem like yesterday!
25 years... Where does the time go?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
It was. The game was just about to start.



It does kind of seem like yesterday!

25 years... Where does the time go?

Was it the middle of the afternoon? I'm two hours ahead of you and thought I heard about it around 4:45pm.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Was it the middle of the afternoon? I'm two hours ahead of you and thought I heard about it around 4:45pm.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
It happened just after 5 pm PST.
I was just getting off of work and the power went off in the house that I was working on, so I grabbed a handful of tools and started walking out to my truck. It hit about 20 seconds after the power went off.
Lol.
I could hear it coming and when it hit, I can remember just standing there and watching the house across the street actually flexing as it moved back and forth.
It was a hell of a shake and I was about a hundred miles from the epicenter.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
It happened just after 5 pm PST.
I was just getting off of work and the power went off in the house that I was working on, so I grabbed a handful of tools and started walking out to my truck. It hit about 20 seconds after the power went off.
Lol.
I could hear it coming and when it hit, I can remember just standing there and watching the house across the street actually flexing as it moved back and forth.
It was a hell of a shake and I was about a hundred miles from the epicenter.
Idk why I assumed you were the same age as Soccerluvr4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
It happened just after 5 pm PST.

I was just getting off of work and the power went off in the house that I was working on, so I grabbed a handful of tools and started walking out to my truck. It hit about 20 seconds after the power went off.

Lol.

I could hear it coming and when it hit, I can remember just standing there and watching the house across the street actually flexing as it moved back and forth.

It was a hell of a shake and I was about a hundred miles from the epicenter.

Well that makes sense, because I remember the intersection I was pulling up to when I heard it on the radio, but I also remembered it being dark out. It wouldn't have been dark at 4:45 yet. Maybe I was working later that day.

Some things you just don't forget, like where you were and what you were doing on 9/11.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Well that makes sense, because I remember the intersection I was pulling up to when I heard it on the radio, but I also remembered it being dark out. It wouldn't have been dark at 4:45 yet. Maybe I was working later that day.

Some things you just don't forget, like where you were and what you were doing on 9/11.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
On 9/11, I was in 6th grade, in theater arts class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Idk why I assumed you were the same age as Soccerluvr4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lmao far from it.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
On 9/11, I was in 6th grade, in theater arts class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I was in 1st grade. I don't remember specifically what I was doing.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Idk why I assumed you were the same age as Soccerluvr4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lol.
It's because SL4 acts very mature for his age and I act very immature for my age...

I'm from the same "Heavy Metal" era as GMB.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
On 9/11, I was in 6th grade, in theater arts class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Tuesday morning. Driving to client when first plane hit. Didn't make must sense on a sunny day without a cloud in the sky. Shortly after I got there we saw the second plane hit. It was a high school I was at. Every classroom had their TVs on. I was sitting in the school secretary's chair when the first tower just collapsed. Everything I predicted that day happened. I said they needed to ground all the planes before they headed for Washington, and then the Pentagon got hit. They finally grounded the planes.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Lol.
It's because SL4 acts very mature for his age and I act very immature for my age...

I'm from the same "Heavy Metal" era as GMB.
Lol well dam, I guess all the threads you guys are in about going to autocross events, I just assumed.
Thats what I get for assuming though......I'm bad about that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Lol well dam, I guess all the threads you guys are in about going to autocross events, I just assumed.
Thats what I get for assuming though......I'm bad about that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lol yea I can see how you got mislead.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Martinsburg
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
What happened in 1995? Lol

My daughter was born in 1995.
__________________
2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Martinsburg
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Dam being born in 1989 like me, is pretty dam boring looking at what was going on when you were lol.

Happy Bday.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
There was some excitement in 1989:



I remember the wall being knocked down and knowing that the end of the cold war was near.
__________________
2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Martinsburg
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

Some things you just don't forget, like where you were and what you were doing on 9/11.
Before that for me was the Challenger explosion and Reagan's speech that night.

__________________
2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
Before that for me was the Challenger explosion and Reagan's speech that night.


I remember where I was for that also. Working a Shipping/Receiving job and going up to the break room to watch the video on TV.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Congrats on the birthday. Turning 50 gets you that much closer to enjoying the Social Security big checks you'll get with all these young Mustang owners paying into it for you (woo hoo)!

We can only hope.

I too can recall the challanger disaster; the 9-11 horrific event is also one I'll never forget either; stuck in Wisconsin; ended up having to drive the rental car a few days later back to Florida, as the airports were still closed.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,711
1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Congrats on the birthday. Turning 50 gets you that much closer to enjoying the Social Security big checks you'll get with all these young Mustang owners paying into it for you (woo hoo)!

We can only hope.

I too can recall the challanger disaster; the 9-11 horrific event is also one I'll never forget either; stuck in Wisconsin; ended up having to drive the rental car a few days later back to Florida, as the airports were still closed.

Stuck in Wisconsin? Ha! From what I remember, it was beautiful weather here! You're lucky it wasn't a couple months later! I have to say, on the 12th I remember looking up at the sky. It was kind of eery. Not a single cloud, but not a single jet trail either since, like you say, was still a no-fly day.

Thanks for the birthday wish! I'm hoping Social Security isn't just a pipe dream once I get to that point. Every little bit will help in retirement.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the difference between a 1964 and a 1964 1/2 mustang? trenten Classic Mustangs 5 12-13-2011 10:23 AM
Pictures of my 1964 Mustang solidGas Classic Mustangs 24 06-08-2007 05:55 PM
1964 Jeep Zuperzacker General Car Discussion 11 05-27-2007 12:33 PM
1964-1973 Categories added to the gallery Brent The Bar 0 12-01-2006 12:47 AM
decoding a 1964-1970 mustang oaktonarcher Classic Mustangs 1 11-16-2005 09:03 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.