This may not be appropriate... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
This may not be appropriate...

As a new Mustang owner I've been reading this forum and the Mustang Source forums pretty much daily to ramp up and get to know more about our cars. Was wondering if there were any other good forums or information sources out there anyone would recommend?

Hope its not inappropriate to ask, its not a competition thing, I am just looking to consume as much information as possible
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
TMS (the Mustang Source) is trash. Some good forums are this, S197 forum, SVT performance, and 1 or 2 others
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What?
Are we not good enough for you?
Not intellectually stimulating enough for you here at ME?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, thanks guys.

Don't take it personally, third forum is clearly my favorite, based on content and people. But I find myself checking it the out four or five times a day, and just looking for additional information if it exists out there.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:53 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I'm a member of a few...I visit them only to see what topics are being discussed (I don't participate), and if we can do any improvements here at ME to continue making this the best Mustang site for its members.

Also, I check out the classifieds section for stuff thats for sale.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordySanchez View Post
As a new Mustang owner I've been reading this forum and the Mustang Source forums pretty much daily to ramp up and get to know more about our cars. Was wondering if there were any other good forums or information sources out there anyone would recommend?

Hope its not inappropriate to ask, its not a competition thing, I am just looking to consume as much information as possible
The mustang source is horrible, majority of members on there are complete tool bags and unhelpful. The moderators are tool bags and in general that forum is trash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
The mustang source is horrible, majority of members on there are complete tool bags and unhelpful. The moderators are tool bags and in general that forum is trash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I have found that to be more or less true, and most of the tech threads seem to be duplicated here, but I have found a thing or two there to learn.

Like Bucko I've found that the forsale forum and a quick review of new tech posts is worth checking once a day. By comparison I probably check ME 6 or 8 for new posts. As I tend to ignore a lot of the chit-chat I've been trying to absorb as much tech information as possible. Converted from the rotary world when I fell in love with power to size ratio of the 3.7 and general rise of Ford build quality.

So at this point I'm just stuffing my head with as much information as possible, never cared much for turf wars. This being the friendliest of the places I've found I thought I'd post the question to see if there were any other good information sources I was neglecting. So in that respect I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I *JUST* got a call from the customs people and my baby should be ready for pickup today or tomorrow morning. Its been raining all fugging day so I know she's sitting out in some crappy port parking lot getting peed on all day

First stop before I bring her home is the tint place (Germany was tough to find someone to tint the windows for some reason).

Again, thanks for the input, looks like I get to start putting my newfound information sources to work starting this weekend!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I wonder if the tint is because of how strict German laws can be....(2nd hand info).

the 3.7 is a great motor, sedate at low rpms and above 4k when cams start opening longer a screamer (in a nice way)

enjoy
Old 10-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Go to the Vendors on this forum

Click on American Muscle.

They have Project cars they have done and you should read the steps they did to mod some of their Mustangs. Just reading about what they did is a wealth of information. They also have Video'o of a lot of things they install.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Ronnie! Been combing their site pretty regularly as well and you're spot on with your opinion I think.

Have to admit I've bought most of my stuff through them and they've been 110% on their customer service. Will get a chance to rate the products themselves as I get the car into a garage but zillions of people can't be wrong. I've had to go to others for a few things like the Saleen grille and HIDs (everyone seems to rave about Stangmods compatibility with the Raxioms and I didn't want to cheap out), but most of if comes from AM.

Gonna have to figure out how to vinyl my roof myself though since AM discontinued their decal the week before I went to order (this happened with the one-touch turn signal thing too... bummer).

And yes strange the German laws were very strict and I assume this is why you saw very very expensive cars everywhere an none of them with tint. Most cars I saw with tint were def from on post.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Came in expecting nudity. Am disappointed.
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Came in expecting nudity. Am disappointed.
I'll assume this is a form of humor. We respect this site as a great Mustang knowledge source. If its smut you want, there are plenty of sites you can surf to obtain that. The staff here will shut down any and all references to nudity, and ban a member quickly when discovered.

For anyone who wishes to discuss all that is Mustang, you have arrived!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar