The absolute most terrible thing in the whole wide world for us Car People - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
The absolute most terrible thing in the whole wide world for us Car People

I'm telling you that this is the worst thing I have ever seen on the news.

They are testing a camera that goes into the light bar on Police cars. This camera takes pictures of every license plate in front of it looking for stolen cars, Expired tags, Plates not belonging to the car. It does all of this while driving down any street or highway.
***THIS IS NOT THE REALLY BAD PART******

This camera also tells if the car is speeding or going the speed limit. They are talking about if the camera sees you are speeding you will get a ticket in the mail. If it is like the GPS speed-o-meter you will get a ticket if you go even just a tad over the limit. No more grace from a cop deciding to let traffic flow at 5 or 10 MPH over the limit due to traffic conditions.

I wonder how they are going to stop some places from creating speed traps by setting an unrealistic speed limit just to make money Remember when the yellow was 2 seconds before red light cameras???? Now they are less then 1 second in a lot of places.

Ronnie

PS: they are testing these in Kissimmi Florida right now.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
ridiculous completely stupid regardless if you are a car enthusiast or not, this is gonna screw over people who just DD to work even :/
GW2 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
There has been some controversy about the legality of the red light cameras here in CA. So much so that many cities either won't allow them or are removing them. The problem with those is that they are set up to catch people committing moving violations that, typically, a law enforcement officer needs to see in person and physically verify the identity of the offender and then issue a citation.
The tickets are being issued to the registered owner of the vehicles with only a, sometimes obscured, photograph as evidence of the driver. The private company that owns the cameras asks , on the citations, that if it was not you driving the vehicle, if you could identify the actual driver so that they can be issued the citation.
Let's say, for instance, that your wife was driving your car and ran the red light. You can never be required to testify against a spouse, in court, so why would you ever tell the red light ticket company who was driving your car that day?
Many people have figured out that if you just tell them that you weren't driving and that you don't know who was driving the car, they just drop the ticket.
What about parking tickets you ask? They aren't moving violations...

This camera ticketing system is flawed and it will be ripe for all kinds of legal challenges.
It will be interesting to see if the people of Florida will stand for it.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Thats horrible. Here in az you can ignore the ticket unless they actually serve you.
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
The idea sounds terrible, and for the reasons above, I don't think it will stand in most places.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Red light Cameras - A crime in progress.

First --- A private Company own and runs the cameras ( Not the Police)
second--- Not a judge but a appointed arbitrator judges if you are guilty.
Third--- The arbitrator is paid a percentage of the fine you are charged if guilty.
The arbitrator has authority to double or triple the fine if you dispute the
charge and lose. ( Remember they get a percentage of the money you
have to pay) DUH !
forth--- If you don't pay the fine your drivers license is suspended until you do.

And always remember this, The yellow caution light that was usually 2 to 3 seconds is cut down to ONE second and have found to be even less in some places.

Where there never were accidents the rear end collisions are now a fact of life.

And last but probably not last.
The company's that own the red light cameras control the signals most places

Oh yea, They do get a percentage of the $$$$$ stolen from American Citizens just trying to get back and forth from work.

Ronnie
Old 11-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Brb, looking at the constitution and amendments.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Thank goodness they are testing this in Florida.

Those cameras will be in nice neighborhoods at night and attack a security guard...bye bye camera...

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Thank goodness they are testing this in Florida.

Those cameras will be in nice neighborhoods at night and attack a security guard...bye bye camera...

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Lol.
If that happens then the camera is just going to have to go into court and explain itself.

And there is another problem with the cameras. When you ask for a court date to dispute the violation, do they unbolt the camera from the pole and then bring it into court so that it can testify against you?

They will have all of the same problems with the city owned cameras as the privately owned cameras...
Old 11-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Lol.
If that happens then the camera is just going to have to go into court and explain itself.

And there is another problem with the cameras. When you ask for a court date to dispute the violation, do they unbolt the camera from the pole and then bring it into court so that it can testify against you?

They will have all of the same problems with the city owned cameras as the privately owned cameras...
Bahahaha
Old 11-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Man I wish that was the case for me. I got stuck getting pulled over by a real person.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The absolute most terrible thing in the whole wide world for us Car People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Man I wish that was the case for me. I got stuck getting pulled over by a real person.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Lol 4 tickets man. I laugh at you brotha. 😂 fool fishtales and speeds off next to a cop! 😂

Right now when I was driving home I was on the highway and saw a nice cobra in a turn around lane, I decided to put the clutch in and rev to 7K but as soon as I did that I realized a cop in a Tahoe was in front of him and oh boy... He turned on his lights and sirens but there was so much traffic I managed to slip away and get off on the next exit and escape safely. 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB3 View Post
Lol 4 tickets man. I laugh at you brotha. 😂 fool fishtales and speeds off next to a cop! 😂

Right now when I was driving home I was on the highway and saw a nice cobra in a turn around lane, I decided to put the clutch in and rev to 7K but as soon as I did that I realized a cop in a Tahoe was in front of him and oh boy... He turned on his lights and sirens but there was so much traffic I managed to slip away and get off on the next exit and escape safely. 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Hahaha. Text me fool. I've got something to tell you that I can't on here. This made me think of it.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #14
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
not as bad as the future. I'm thinking cars will be limited by the ECM tied into GPS limiting you to the posted speed limit. My guess at the alternative is they won't limit you but will monitor your speed/position through the same equipment and give you fines automatically.

I will say in defense of red light cams while from what I've read is that while the number of accidents increases they are minor rear enders not major T-bone style. I admit to getting po'd at light runners along with left lane hogs...it ain't the speed it's having your head stuck up your device.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
not as bad as the future. I'm thinking cars will be limited by the ECM tied into GPS limiting you to the posted speed limit. My guess at the alternative is they won't limit you but will monitor your speed/position through the same equipment and give you fines automatically.
Well then. I'll make sure to buy cars that wouldn't have that tech
Old 11-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

No option. Come 2017, all cars MANDATORY will have back up cameras.

I predict we will have more chrysler styled cars, with no rear visibility. "So what I can't see out of my windows or mirrors, I have a backup camera! When has technology ever failed anyone?! Why pay attention when I can have a crutch?"

Guess what, a car with a phone or internet installed is mobile tracking. And mustangz, how much so you know about valet mode on the new vets? Makes rolling taps a HECK of a lot easier.

I am not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but we are getting a bit too cozy with our technology, and we have been sacrificing a lot of privacy for "safety..."

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, the PDR/valet mode on the new vette is sweet, yet scary at the same time.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:30 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet in my opinion, but that path can turn :/

Old 11-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Sweet in my opinion, but that path can turn :/

Yes it can. Hopefully it won't
Old 11-14-2014, 12:31 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
There has been some controversy about the legality of the red light cameras here in CA. So much so that many cities either won't allow them or are removing them. The problem with those is that they are set up to catch people committing moving violations that, typically, a law enforcement officer needs to see in person and physically verify the identity of the offender and then issue a citation.
The tickets are being issued to the registered owner of the vehicles with only a, sometimes obscured, photograph as evidence of the driver. The private company that owns the cameras asks , on the citations, that if it was not you driving the vehicle, if you could identify the actual driver so that they can be issued the citation.
Let's say, for instance, that your wife was driving your car and ran the red light. You can never be required to testify against a spouse, in court, so why would you ever tell the red light ticket company who was driving your car that day?
Many people have figured out that if you just tell them that you weren't driving and that you don't know who was driving the car, they just drop the ticket.
What about parking tickets you ask? They aren't moving violations...

This camera ticketing system is flawed and it will be ripe for all kinds of legal challenges.
It will be interesting to see if the people of Florida will stand for it.
Sorry STRAY but that is not the case. This is no different than going through the wrong lane on a toll lane highway. The registered owner is responsible. So if you don't want to give up the wife, you will get the ticket.

As a recent driver visiting the 2014 American Muscle car show, I contributed to the road construction (I-76). So don't pay the fine but don't ever drive in Pennsylvania again. It will either go to the BMV or DMV in your state. The police also may put out a warrant for your arrest.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:43 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Sorry STRAY but that is not the case. This is no different than going through the wrong lane on a toll lane highway. The registered owner is responsible. So if you don't want to give up the wife, you will get the ticket.

As a recent driver visiting the 2014 American Muscle car show, I contributed to the road construction (I-76). So don't pay the fine but don't ever drive in Pennsylvania again. It will either go to the BMV or DMV in your state. The police also may put out a warrant for your arrest.
A bridge or toll road violation isn't considered a moving violation even though you are, in fact, moving. It's different than a traffic infraction. You don't receive points on your driving record for those violations.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #22
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Stray is correct on Red Light cams. First of all there is no double jeopardy, so you can't testify agains your spouse, and second since they aren't there to observe it they are not counted against your license.

That is how it works in Georgia not sure how it works in other states.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #23
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Here in Florida it don't matter who is driving

They just mail a ticket to whoever owns the car. If it is not paid in a certain amount of time they suspend the car owners drivers license until it is paid.
I guess they actually leave it up to the car owner to collect from the guilty party and send in the money to pay the fine.
It is not right, It is just the way it is.
Ronnie
Old 11-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #24
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Ah Ronnie, come on! When you pull up to one of those red light cameras, or an officers light bar camera, grab that "chick magnet" dog you own, and place the dogs face in view of the camera. All cops like dogs, and in no time, that picture will go viral, and be on all the police's PC as a screen saver!

Or, keep driving that "other car" like I am on weekends (the 3.0 Ranger I have). I could only get a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic because I'm going too slow.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I remember reading an article about those speed traps. basically, they dont have any evidence of who was driving, so the guy took it to court and won. i wish i could remember what state. Everybody in Clearwater, or the Tampa Bay area for that matter, speeds everywhere and cant drive. So those things would make a fortune out here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar