What did you do in you mustang today. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What did you do in you mustang today.

so i would like to know what every one enjoys doing with there stang and what you did today.

paid my insurance today came out to 175$ did a burnout and forgot the traction was on lol
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Went to work with my cam tune. That's about it nothing too special lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

If this thread was around last week, I'd have posted that I got pulled over for driving too fast twice (just a few days apart), but let go with a "slow it down buddy" both times.

Both times, I was driving "fast", not going way over the limit. Neither time I was clocked by a radar (not traffic cops). A regular cop one time & unmarked truck with 2 uniformed officers 2nd time.

Both times the cops were very nice, admired my car a little, and treated me professional and with the upmost respect. Though, the patrol car cop asked me if I had a weapon, then told me I was breaking the law for having it in my glove box as a concealed weapon had me exit the vehicle while he secured my weapon. Which I politely told him I thought the car was an extension of the home & I could have a weapon anywhere that I want in it, especially the glovebox. I didn't argue with him as I was pretty sure I was right, but let him take my gun & run the serial # to make sure it wasn't stolen, etc.

Then a 2nd cop car showed up (I guess his back up, lol!!) and I politely asked that cop about the gun law as I was confused, and he proceed to tell me I was right & the other cop was wrong. That I could put a gunanywhere I wanted in my car, under the seat, glovebox, etc. Disclaimer: this is Louisiana law, not sure about other states.

Anyway, with all the Ferguson bull****.. and not to get in to politics here. Law Enforcement Officers are out there to protect us and when treated honestly, respectfully, and like humans like I did both times. They can be very nice & cool back. & No I did not pull any get out of jail free business cards from a superior officer or use any connections to get out of the tickets. I didn't ask, beg or plead to not give me a ticket, either. I just kept my hands in sight, on the wheel as they approached, then had my license, registration & insurance ready for them. I also just admitted on the first occasion it was a Sunday afternoon & I was cruising around enjoying my new car with the top down driving a little fast admittedly. And the 2nd time I told him how I was late to pick up my woman for a date & she was going to be pissed... & as another guy I think he understood the wrath of a woman can cause a man to speed a little!! LOL
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
If this thread was around last week, I'd have posted that I got pulled over for driving too fast twice (just a few days apart), but let go with a "slow it down buddy" both times.

Both times, I was driving "fast", not going way over the limit. Neither time I was clocked by a radar (not traffic cops). A regular cop one time & unmarked truck with 2 uniformed officers 2nd time.

Both times the cops were very nice, admired my car a little, and treated me professional and with the upmost respect. Though, the patrol car cop asked me if I had a weapon, then told me I was breaking the law for having it in my glove box as a concealed weapon had me exit the vehicle while he secured my weapon. Which I politely told him I thought the car was an extension of the home & I could have a weapon anywhere that I want in it, especially the glovebox. I didn't argue with him as I was pretty sure I was right, but let him take my gun & run the serial # to make sure it wasn't stolen, etc.

Then a 2nd cop car showed up (I guess his back up, lol!!) and I politely asked that cop about the gun law as I was confused, and he proceed to tell me I was right & the other cop was wrong. That I could put a gunanywhere I wanted in my car, under the seat, glovebox, etc. Disclaimer: this is Louisiana law, not sure about other states.

Anyway, with all the Ferguson bull****.. and not to get in to politics here. Law Enforcement Officers are out there to protect us and when treated honestly, respectfully, and like humans like I did both times. They can be very nice & cool back. & No I did not pull any get out of jail free business cards from a superior officer or use any connections to get out of the tickets. I didn't ask, beg or plead to not give me a ticket, either. I just kept my hands in sight, on the wheel as they approached, then had my license, registration & insurance ready for them. I also just admitted on the first occasion it was a Sunday afternoon & I was cruising around enjoying my new car with the top down driving a little fast admittedly. And the 2nd time I told him how I was late to pick up my woman for a date & she was going to be pissed... & as another guy I think he understood the wrath of a woman can cause a man to speed a little!! LOL
ha ive gone so far as spilling somthing on my lap to explain why i was speeding. im like sorry officer i drooped my drink on my lap and lost concentration. usually looking like u peed yourself makes him feel bad and gives u a warning but hey dont mean it works on them all u might go home with a ticket and a wet lap
Old 12-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

picked it up from the stealership after being denied warranty on my mt82, then I rocked some Faith No More and Billy Idol on the ride home lol
Old 12-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
so i would like to know what every one enjoys doing with there stang and what you did today.

paid my insurance today came out to 175$ did a burnout and forgot the traction was on lol
Is that a month?
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

yep thats a month of insurance and thats that i dont havy any tickets or accident reports lol
Old 12-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Isn't there a thread like this already in "The Bar" section? Lol

I haven't done anything yet but will be driving 32 miles to a friend's Christmas party later tonight.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i got to clean the inside of my rims off all that brake dust and grease uuhhh
now there shiny
Old 12-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I had a garage day. Changed the oil, installed a McLeod clutch line and corsa xtreme axle-backs. My afe pro dry didn't show up yet or I would have done that also
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Broke my foot last night playing basketball so the 5.0 probably won't be driven for a few weeks :/

BlackFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
picked it up from the stealership after being denied warranty on my mt82, then I rocked some Faith No More and Billy Idol on the ride home lol

Why did they deny your claim??
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

I have been pulled over several times while carrying. The first time was a similar situation and in my home state of Kentucky before I got my conceal carry permit. The cop was a dick and harrassed me for about 30 minutes but finally let me go. I got my CCDW after that and have been pulled over 2-3 times since then for minor speeding offenses. I always present my permit and tell them that I'm armed. Each time they have secured the weapon, checked it out and then returned it unloaded in one hand and ammo in the other. The funny thing is after all that drama they usually just let me go with a warning for whatever it was I was pulled over for.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Took her out with the wife for a spirited drive around the county back roads. Lots of nice twisty small roads to have fun on around the ranch.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Just started it in the drive way and let her idle up to 190, gave her a few revs and turned her off. I haven't driven er all week.

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
Just started it in the drive way and let her idle up to 190, gave her a few revs and turned her off. I haven't driven er all week.

You know that's actually worse then not starting it at all. When it has been sitting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I just wanted to basically hear it lol.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Didn't mention I just got back from getting some food in it. So it was nice and warm. Right after that post I decided to go to Dairy Queen!!

Old 12-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

^ as long as you drove it, you are good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah I gave it hell on the way back. My bag fell over" pissed "

Old 12-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
Sad Panda
Staff

Checked out her rear

Sent from my iP
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Why did they deny your claim??
in the service advisor's words "because of the exhaust, chip, and slicks" car does have long tubes, and it's tuned, but the "slicks" he's referring to are Mickey Thompson street comps lmao smh, when I called him on it, he says "the car has Mickey Thompsons on it" so any tire made by Mickey Thompson is a slick.......who knew? lol

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
Old 12-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
in the service advisor's words "because of the exhaust, chip, and slicks" car does have long tubes, and it's tuned, but the "slicks" he's referring to are Mickey Thompson street comps lmao smh, when I called him on it, he says "the car has Mickey Thompsons on it" so any tire made by Mickey Thompson is a slick.......who knew? lol

Well that sucks. I thought they had to prove that the mods were the reason for failure. You going to appeal there denial?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well that sucks. I thought they had to prove that the mods were the reason for failure. You going to appeal there denial?
I talked to the service advisor when I picked the car up, it wasn't denied by Ford, they just don't want to do the work, so they didn't even put anything into to Ford as I understood it, I have a suspicion that the tech saw the long tubes and thought they'd make extra work for him and passed it onto his service manager, you figure they only get paid an x amount of hours from Ford to do the work (maybe someone knows otherwise) but sadly I don't believe they'll even effect the job. I've tossed over taking it to atleast one more dealership, but at this point I don't even want then monkeying with my car, I'll just put the money out for Revolution Automotive's stage 1 rebuild

Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Truth???

Picked up a girl i met online dating site and hit a home run.
Passenger side is much more roomy then it looks

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I had not heard of them. interesting read up though. Seems like guys really like the builds. I would think with your current power level ford should fix it.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20145pointOH View Post
Truth???

You think that was her first time on a wild pony ride?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You think that was her first time on a wild pony ride?

She was hot. I cared not. Lol

She did like my car quite a bit.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20145pointOH View Post
Truth???

Christian Mingle huh? Those sluts! LOL
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
It might have been that new one. I think it's called farmers only lol
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Installed gt500 axleback at 12am, finished at 2am.
not exactly today, more like friday.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sheet Rizz milk just shot out my nose!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Sorry to say I sold my Mustang today (yes I am for real) sad day but I had my fun.
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sheet Rizz milk just shot out my nose!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Wow. Nailed it!