Pro Ported upper intake plenum on my 4.6L 99+.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:11 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Pro Ported upper intake plenum on my 4.6L 99+....

I got this from a guy in Phoenix Arizona, he said it was ported by Ben Alemeda, I don't think I ever heard of him, but apparently supposed to be good, anyone heard of them? It was ported to match a 70mm tbody, which is what I have. I discovered something else when I took her apart, my tbody spacer inside radius was not even as large as the inside radius of the stock plenum, I decided to leave it out, the intake spacer was fine, I guess flex goofed when he made it. I might cut it out larger sometime, unless RGR wants to ream it out to 70mm for me sometime when he has nothing to do LOL.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2003, 12:23 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

I didn't reset the computer after installing this piece, and after driving it some that first day it popped a CEL. Well, I checked to see if I could find anything wrong. My K&N filter had come off, clamp wasn't on properly, so I put it back on, and unhooked the battery for the night, this afternoon around 4 pm I reconnected the battery, started her up and took her for a drive, started it out around the area at easy driving speeds, then took her down the interstate 12 or 15 mi, and back, she was running great when I got back and still no CEL. Seems to be all good so far. I believe I feel a definite horsepower/torque increase as well!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:33 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Comments guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2003, 08:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

why would a CEL trip for no air filter?

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

It didn't, I found the culprit, when I had the C&L inlet pipe off I knocked the PCV valve out of the valve cover, this apparently caused a dandy vacuum leak which did trip the CEL. Since I fixed it, about 100 miles, no more CELs.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Junior2561
i just bought the C&L Plenum, Accufab 75mm TB, a Pro-M 87mm, Mac Longtube headers, Steeda Pullies, and then i am going to modify the stock H-Pipe to re-use it soo the sound of the packs stays down but still deep and torqy
Junior2561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:13 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Well you dont count Jr

J/K Glad to see you back here been missing you. How is the car doing!! Are you pleased with the work done on it ???
Old 01-07-2004, 09:31 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hi Junior, good to see you back man! Hope the new parts work well for you man! I wanted the C&L plenum, but I had the Mac 70mm tbody, which isn't quite enough for it really, and I ran up on a deal for this one for 115 shipped, so I jumped at it, seems to do very well. As you can see I am a big C&L fan, don't know why anyone would put a Pro M maf on their Mustang personally, but hey, different strokes, lol, good luck!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Junior2561
hey fellas..yeah after the server problems i kinda forgot about this place lol sorry...

Car came out great. I am going to buy a prochamber insted of modifying the stock H-pipe. I am putting the LTs on this weekend.

I sold a Pro-M lastnight rick. I bought the wrong size and i bought it for $80, sold it on ebay for 160 w00t! So that will cover the cost of helping me make the hood scoop functional. 8)
Junior2561 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar