Don't Know If Appropriate Place But Health Update - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
Don't Know If Appropriate Place But Health Update

If any of you read my profile but after building, buying, racing and showing GM products for almost 50 years I decided to build the fastest car I have ever owned and I have owned some very fast Chevrolets, Tri-Fives one 56 post W/340 HP Corvette engine that was the terror of the town and back then 340 HP was hard to come by, a 400 HP 409 CI Impala, a 67 SS Impala with a 427 CI, 425 HP and all the magazines say there was 1930 427-390 HP Impalas built but I owned it and thankful to my younger Brothers memory we know what I had. It would pull both front tires off the pavement on street tires that it collapsed the front suspension once, a 66 Tri-Power 66 GTO and there were over forty in all.
For my last build and the fastest car I have ever owned I decided to use a Mustang GT. I wasn't going to buy one until I sold my 55,000 mile 03 SS Silverado Truck which a black immaculate beauty, and I am going to sell one of my two Corvettes a 95 Competition Yellow Coupe. Trouble is I ran up on a 77,000 mile 04 Mustang GT that had been well cared for and maintained and I knew that was the one and I bought it. Since then I have purchased over $2,500.00 in parts and and spent around $1,000.00 in labor and my Brother and I have done some of the work in my shop, well he has done the work and I have helped. We are about 60% done installing silver Super Snake Stripes and so far they look great. I was going to do the build in two phases with the second phase being a Supercharger.
I also wanted to accomplish the build and drag race, landspeedrace the car on 1/2 and one mile airport runways, go to as many open track events as I could and Auto-Cross in some events and maybe catch a leg or two of the HotRod Power Tour depending on the route.
If you have seen my profile you are aware of the years I lost in a wheelchair and after I worked my way back to a percentage f what I used to be while having to deal with Parkinson'su Desease and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Last Wed. evening here in our home celebrating Christmas with our two adult Daughters and our Son in Laws and five Grandchildren and after having not felt well all day I excused myself to go lay down on the bed for awhile my worst fear everyday of my life happened. My wife came to check on me after fifteen minutes. I was crying and moaning and she could not get me to awaken. My two Daughters got on the bed then and started shouting at me trying to get me to respond. During this time 911 had been dialed and shortly EMT'S were attending me and I still did not respond. Here is where it gets scary, I stopped breathing twice. Sometime after I arrived at the Stroke Center I opened my eyes to where they were scant slits and was rolling them about like I was trying to figure our where I was but still could not speak, swallow, or lift either leg.
Story is getting too long, I was told within twenty minutes after I arrived at the ER which was 45 miles from home and we know no one from that city there were two waiting rooms full of people that had left their homes on Christmas Eve to come and be close to me and I found out several country Churchs have a text service that goes out to all members making them aware of an illness, accident or death and ask everyone to be in prayer for whomever is the subject. I hope I don't offend anyone but as a surviver of a massive killer Pulmonary Embolism that Doctors told my Wife that I had a 10% chance of living the first few days, a very serious heart attack and seven strokes that there has to be something to prayer.
All of the symptoms are gone from last weeks stroke but also gone is my stamina and strength and I will have to start over again. I don't know how many Startovers I have left in me and the inaugural event for my Mustang and me we won't be able to attend on the Florida 1/2 Ocala Mile which I was going to run at a beautiful facility.
To all of my new friends here at the forum Happy New Year and I thank all of you who posted pictures for me and offered to post them and those that offered advise especially.

Landspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Get well soon. Sending prayers your way.

sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
Sounds like you have a great support system. Your story reminds all of us what is really important in life. Get well soon.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar