Ticket mistake ???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ticket mistake ????

So my mustang is lightly modded ( airaid intake, tune,gears, and roush axelbacks). Anyways I was at a redlight and had an itchy feeling to floor it when it turned green, so did through first gear then immedietly let off ( no wheel spin or exceeding posted speed limit, or racing). About a quater mile after a U turn i get pulled over by a cop that was behind me. He asks for the usual and tells me that i have illegal racing exhaust and that he heard me a quarter mile away. He went back to his car and gave me a careless driving ticket. So my question is that if i got pulled over for exhaust should i have gotten careless driving or another offense?? Sorry i posted in the wrong thread.
KONABLUE3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I'd say he was doing you a favor by giving you a "careless driving" or disorderly conduct with a motor vehicle ticket rather than a ticket for amplified exhaust and a slip requiring you to change the exhaust back to stock.

Not sure what your state laws mandate but some state statutes declare any exhaust modification beyond stock is subject to fines until corrected.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

@sonicpony03 I was thinking the same when i drove off but the more i think of it the more it makes me question the ticket because careless driving adds point to my lisence. Im in michigan btw.
KONABLUE3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #4

Region: New Jersey
I would not be happy with that. It sounds like you now have a moving violation which than could possibly put points on your license and cause your insurance to go up. And since when is Roush Exhaust illegal???
2013 GT/CS DIB, Barton Shifter, Two Post Bracket, Chrome Shift Knob, Chrome Retainer Collar, Roush A/B, JLT Passenger and Driver Side Oil Catch Can, Diablo Sport, Bama 93 Performance Tune, Rosen CarShow Navigation
Stew5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
that's lame you get in trouble with the law for that in the land of the free. smdh. there needs to be a "boys will be boys" clause in the rulebook.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew5.0 View Post
I would not be happy with that. It sounds like you now have a moving violation which than could possibly put points on your license and cause your insurance to go up. And since when is Roush Exhaust illegal???
That's a good point about whether the Roush exhaust is illegal or not, but if Michigan law declares any exhaust modification other than stock illegal then he's probably out of luck.

I'm not saying don't fight it though, there's a good chance you could take it to court and the officer won't show and the judge may drop it. Just be ready for that LEO to nab you for even the slightest thing in the future, including your "modified" exhaust.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:17 AM   #7

Region: California
Thats weird, usually they just give you fix it tickets for mods like that. Like if you put the stock parts back on, they will sign it off at the court house- otherwise you can keep it on and pay the fee (usually like $200-$400).
TaylorRaexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:29 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's bull****, so he didn't witness anything? Just "heard" you. Fight that in court. Guarantee you it will get thrown out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:43 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
That's bull****, so he didn't witness anything? Just "heard" you. Fight that in court. Guarantee you it will get thrown out.

Cop won't even show to court I bet

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:07 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Cop won't even show to court I bet

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
If the only thing he said he was able to pick you out was hearing your exhaust a quarter of a mile away wont hold up in court as your not in line of sight and he could of heard another car down the road. As Rap said take this to court and fight this one. Could of been multiple different cars that he "Heard" and wasn't yours to begin with. When you go to court also ask the officer if they are trained to pick exact cars out by their exhaust and can pinpoint which car is what just by acceleration. Also as stated above most of the time police wont show up for the date for certain things. Most even try to set all of their dates they issue tickets for for the same day so they can knock them all out in 1 fail swoop. Have the court date pushed back and I can most certainly say he wont show up for it.

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

At what cost is it worth? Even if you win, you will be on every officer's BOLO list. Better off go to the traffic court where you ticket will be through and find out if you can take traffic school and when completed, you can get the ticket erased.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRaexo View Post
Thats weird, usually they just give you fix it tickets for mods like that. Like if you put the stock parts back on, they will sign it off at the court house- otherwise you can keep it on and pay the fee (usually like $200-$400).
California is different than Michigan.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
At what cost is it worth? Even if you win, you will be on every officer's BOLO list. Better off go to the traffic court where you ticket will be through and find out if you can take traffic school and when completed, you can get the ticket erased.
What does "BOLO" stand for?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
What does "BOLO" stand for?

Be on the look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Be on the look out.

That's also called discrimination

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Be on the look out.

Hmmm.
Whatever city, county, or state, that has enough law enforcement officers with nothing better to do than "Be on the look out" for some dude in a Mustang, which one of the officers thought that he heard quickly accelerating from a stop light, and then, had the nerve to take said officer into court, and possibly win...

1. They can make due with a hell of a lot less officers.
2. They need to find new employees with less of the "gang" mentality.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bc hopefully the OP is not a B and let people walk all over him. That will never hold up. I'm would fight it, complete bull ****

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
They noted you for A, but you did B. Like if you were speeding, and they marked you as having a taillight out to be nice. Them being "nice" is a mistake.

And the noise may not work out, if there was an accord behind you, and a camry in front, it was obviously you lol. When I was at Roush, they said the AB for 5.0s was legal in MI, but just broke the limit in OH- but that guy also said CAI and ABs added 50 crank HP, so...big grain of salt there. Contact Roush and ask, compare to state/city ordinance, and respectfully fight it.

Your demeanor in the matter will note if you get a troublemaker label from this situation.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I got a ticket a couple of years ago over something stupid. I knew I could beat it and even consulted with my legal department at work who agreed. In the end I realized it would just be cheaper to just pay the fine than lose a day's worth of work. If you have the time to kill then go for it but for me wasn't worth it.

ETA it was really just the stripes on your car that pissed him off.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
That's also called discrimination

Sorry but it's not discrimination. A BOLO list is for everyone that has been pulled over and wasn't issued a ticket. So when some John Doe citizen gets pulled over, he claims he has never been pulled over or ticketed.

This is not just a list for Mustangs only. This is now so easy with laptops or some tablets.

If you have been ticketed in the past, don't lie about it. One quick check through a DMV or whatever you call your Motor Vehicle agency, will pretty much guarantee you a ticket.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

just tell the judge that you did not commit that crime and where is the proof remember the cop is the one who has to prove the crime was committed if you did not commit a crime than it should be dismissed and the ticket for exhaust expelled due to the fact you were not hit for that. he has a dash cam with video if u can use it against him idk but you cant get a ticket for something you did not do or can they change the ticket to a exhaust problem.
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:26 AM   #22
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
A "careless driving" ticket is one that is so open to interpretation. As one post mentions, you at least will not have to remove the exhaust; many tickets issued will have a clause that states you have 30 days (or so) to rectify the modification.

At the very least, if this is your first ticket, see if your state has a "prayer for judgement" plea. In many states, you can appear at traffic court, and ask for a prayer for judgement. What this does is remove the points from your license for this first offense, but you still pay the fine. Then you "behave" for the requred amount of years the ticket is posted on your record. If you get another ticket within 4 years (how it is in Florida), they will re-apply the points from that first ticket, plus of course the new one.

Worth checking out should you decide to go to court.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:14 AM   #23
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
A "careless driving" ticket is one that is so open to interpretation. As one post mentions, you at least will not have to remove the exhaust; many tickets issued will have a clause that states you have 30 days (or so) to rectify the modification.

At the very least, if this is your first ticket, see if your state has a "prayer for judgement" plea. In many states, you can appear at traffic court, and ask for a prayer for judgement. What this does is remove the points from your license for this first offense, but you still pay the fine. Then you "behave" for the requred amount of years the ticket is posted on your record. If you get another ticket within 4 years (how it is in Florida), they will re-apply the points from that first ticket, plus of course the new one.

Worth checking out should you decide to go to court.

Georgia refers to at as NOLO. Basically the same thing that Bucko said.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:00 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Sorry but it's not discrimination. A BOLO list is for everyone that has been pulled over and wasn't issued a ticket. So when some John Doe citizen gets pulled over, he claims he has never been pulled over or ticketed.

This is not just a list for Mustangs only. This is now so easy with laptops or some tablets.

If you have been ticketed in the past, don't lie about it. One quick check through a DMV or whatever you call your Motor Vehicle agency, will pretty much guarantee you a ticket.

It's funny you say that. That's exactly how I got my second ticket. I was nervous so I lied about not having any tickets. Had I not lied he would've probably just given me a warning.

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Go to court, it will be thrown out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

they will probably dismiss it if u tell him that you want to see where u committed the crime where is the proof like the cam, to show u when u where driving reckless cause u were not.
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar