Rage Quit my Job Today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,447
Rage Quit my Job Today

Well, its entirely unprofessional, and quite frankly not the smartest thing ever to quit your job without another one lined up, but that's basically what happened today and i'm here now to vent to you guys a bit before i give my boss a bit more of what i'm really thinking ... and because **** doing any work the rest of the day.

For the past year and a half i have worked for the single most rude, condescending, closed minded boss i have ever encountered in my life. She was hired 2 days after i was when the department at this current job encountered 100% turn over (should have been red flag number 1), and has proceeded to slowly place everyone brought on prior to her on the back burner. Basically, she brought in a whole new crew, and has taken to selectively replacing the old employees (the ones brought on post 100% turnover, but prior to her) with ones of her own ... and my time has come.

Despite being in the industry for about 3 years collectively, i am still wrapping up my degree, so having a job like this was basically a dream come true, despite the pretty low pay, since i had a foot in the door. Well, that was all a little too good to be true. Since i "am not a real accountant" as she so elegantly put it, i will not be doing any "real accountant work," under her supervision. Whatever, it was still better than no job, and they did offer to bring me on after a year.
That was a year and a half ago, and in that time i have gone from doing very little, menial work, to even less, menial work. My job, as an "intern" / "data entry clerk" consists of: Scanning documents so my boss doesnt lose them ... which she does ... often ... every month, booking small payments we receive, which takes a collective... maybe 20 hours a month, and then just whatever little other odd things pop up... mostly just scanning and filing. Oh yes, remember how i said she likes to lose things? We've failed several audits because the information is missing, and that is somehow my fault since "it was given to you to scan, why is it not in its folder?" Of course you cant tell your boss that it makes no logical sense for the person who loses everything to give it to you to make sure it doesn't get lost, because shes already had a chance to lose it at that point, but ... whatever. No big deal, this job is paying the bills and they're flexible with my night school hours, so i can deal with it.

My job also consists of organizing her office because she is a slob by the best definition of the word, and since they "need to keep my busy to justify my pay," I pretty much just need to do what work is actually given to me ... like organizing her office. Sounds more like a secretary than an intern, but oh well ... its still paying the bills and i'm still going to get brought on at some point ... right?

So, a few weeks ago, i made the comment that i would like to be brought on full time, and "well ... we need to run it up the ladder and see if we can afford to have you on, and in the meantime i'll need you to email me at the end of every day with what you have done, so we can keep tabs on your hours." Now, seeing as how my job is basically a clerk position, IE: i do whatever work i am given, she should know damn well that the email she is going to receive every day will say "jack S---" because that's exactly what she has given me... This is basically her way of placing me on the back burner ... again, but oh well, i guess i can just keep riding this out a little longer, the low price of oil is hurting everyone in the industry, so maybe leaving now isn't the best. However, they did manage to find it in the budget to her my boss an assistant manager at 6 figures a year and her own nice office ... hmmm.

Today was the last straw though. There was a team luncheon to "thank everyone for our hard work through the end of the year," which i didn't seem to get an invite for. Not a big deal, i'm technically contract, and we often dont get invited to things like this. No harm, no foul, this kind of thing has happened before. Until two other friends that are contract come up and ask me if i'm ready to go to lunch ... i thought contractors weren't invited? Maybe i just wasn't invited ... oh well, i'll go to the bathroom real quick and then meet them there.

So, i'm pulling up to the restaurant and ask my other contract buddy if there are still seats available, I'm not particularly a fan of my boss and if i had to sit next to her i'd honestly rather just not go. At this point he mentioned that my boss apparently told him i wasn't supposed to be there, that this did not include me. Now it seems a little silly to be this upset over something like not being invited to a lunch but that was just it. I decided i was tired of being disrespected and not taken seriously by a rude condescending ... well, *****, quite frankly.

So there you have it. Thanks for letting me just kind of blow off some steam, and y'all may be seeing a lot more of me as i'm sitting on the couch at home job surfing ... and then suddenly none of me as i end up homeless lol but luckily i've still got friends at a few past jobs, so it'll work itself out. BTW, the Fiance is not going to be happy ... rightfully so, so if i turn up missing ... y'all know where to start looking!
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Sorry to hear that.

If you're on LinkedIN send me your e-mail and I can reach out to a few accountant friends to see if anything is open in your area (when do you graduate?) or at least to get your foot in the door.

I feel you and have come close once in the last few years to walking out.

Last year I got a call from a manager I knew and liked (rather three of them) and they wanted me. Moved me across the southeast for a position where I would be secure and have the connections and resources to succeed. But I make it a point to take the managers I'm over out to lunch at least once a month each and take time to talk about things other than work. I hope they appreciate it because I'm not sure what I'd do if they walked out.

Kudos to standing up for yourself; it will hurt for a while but you will come out ahead in the long run.
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Holts summit
Region: Missouri
Posts: 31
Did you eat there anyways? I sure as hell would have.. If you planned on quitting might as well order a beer or three as well. That does seem rude and completely unnecessary. Nice read to kill part of this electrical class tho.. So I thank you
__________________
2014 V6 6 speed, air raid intake, bbk throttle body, 91 octane nitrous tune, borla long tubes, custom h pipe, borla s-type mufflers, 3.55 gears, nitrous outlet wet plate w/ 100 shot , line lock, drag shocks, bmr lower control arms
John316hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Gotta say, never figured you for an account. It does makes sense now.

Sucks you lost your income, sounds like that job was BS.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Oddly enough, I do IT for an accounting firm here. What you described is how they treat the ladies in admin. Mostly fresh out of college or intern gals.

I couldn't stand that or being an accountant honestly. These people are deadeyed and broken from what I see daily lol

Thankfully the IT crew is much more laid back.

Sorry about the job loss though, there's plenty of opportunities out there though. Get your resume in order and network with people. Been in that boat myself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Probably the best thing you could have done.

When a person hates a job so much that it makes it hard to go through a day, It is time to move on. It could cause stomach problems as well as a nervous breakdown in the future. Not a healthy way to live.

I'm sure you will find a job that you can actually enjoy going to work. I'm wishing you good luck finding one you will enjoy.
Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
kingstrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Clarksburg
Region: Maryland
Posts: 299
Wow that sucks, hopefully you'll land on your feet.
__________________
2014 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium with nav, RR and comfy packages, 3.73 limited slip axle and optional 19" machined aluminum wheels. Come hang out in the garage and check out my build so far!
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:17 PM   #8
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I can totally relate to how you feel. I was in a very similar situation about 5 years ago, only it was the owner of the company I exchanged words with. And no words withheld.

Refine your resume and hit up places like careerbuilder. Even craigslist sometimes has legit jobs. Because sites like careerbuilder charge alot for their corporate membership, alot of small companies wont pay for that and they post on craigslist. Just make sure to read the entire post before applying.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I'm sorry to hear about the job. Accounting is something where you shouldn't have a hard time finding a replacement, depending on your area. I know that at least at my school if you get a degree in accounting you are pretty much guaranteed a good job after college. I hope you find something.

Please tell me you will leave a nice smokey burnout.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chaz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 578
Good that you are still in school. Honestly I would consider you ahead of people that are in college with no job or a little part time job. You have great experience now and I am sure you will get a job soon even before you are done with your degree. I feel that you are still ahead of most. Just quitting might have evened the playing field a bit. Don't take that crap from ANYONE.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Sorry to hear about this man, my wife is a senior accountant in greater Boston and I know how you feel specially when it's closing time, I can't talk to my wife those days.. Accounting is a pain in a neck kind of job but pays really well.. My wife just got another offer from another insurance company and it pays 20 Thousand more than shes making now. You should look into Boston they are always looking for an accountant.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,447
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone, its honestly a huge relief.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone, its honestly a huge relief.
Just hang in there bud, you're a smart person as iv followed you're thread throughout.. Im confident you'll make it through and will be even better in life.. Things happen for a reason believe me, I'm in you're shoes before and now got a great job that I love, just keep grinding it pays off..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayochs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
When a person hates a job so much that it makes it hard to go through a day, It is time to move on. It could cause stomach problems as well as a nervous breakdown in the future. Not a healthy way to live.

I'm sure you will find a job that you can actually enjoy going to work. I'm wishing you good luck finding one you will enjoy.
Ronnie
don't i know it. the root of my gastro problems is linked to stress/hating my job, according to my gastroenterologist. unfortunately, nobody is willing to hire me despite the fact i've got a masters degree. my current job is a clerk position as well, only getting paid 30k a year, and it's something you barely need a HS degree for. sucks out here; wish i could finally put my damn masters to use and double my income to what i should be making.
__________________
2014 Ford Mustang 3.7 Premium 6-speed:
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
SouthernCyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Schnars
Region: Alabama
Posts: 290
I feel you man, I went through similar experience when I was a certified teacher working as a aide until a teaching job came along.
Even though I had a Bachelors Degree in Education like every other teacher in the school, the majority of teachers still thought of me as nothing but an aide and more or less looked down upon me. When the teacher I was an aide for took two weeks leave it was fine for me to run his class by myself without any help or they needed me to fill in for someone else's class. What broke the back for me is when a teaching job came open at the school in my area of Education was available and I found out they were interviewing behind my back. This was after I volunteered as a football coach (only coach on staff in and out of school system not paid at the school). Needless to say I was done with that place. So politics and back stabbing go on at all levels and jobs.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Victory my friend. Let this be one of many. Don't be anyone's doormat.
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:36 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
I feel you man, I went through similar experience when I was a certified teacher working as a aide until a teaching job came along.
Even though I had a Bachelors Degree in Education like every other teacher in the school, the majority of teachers still thought of me as nothing but an aide and more or less looked down upon me. When the teacher I was an aide for took two weeks leave it was fine for me to run his class by myself without any help or they needed me to fill in for someone else's class. What broke the back for me is when a teaching job came open at the school in my area of Education was available and I found out they were interviewing behind my back. This was after I volunteered as a football coach (only coach on staff in and out of school system not paid at the school). Needless to say I was done with that place. So politics and back stabbing go on at all levels and jobs.

I have no respect for those people. Looking down on you just because you are lower on the ladder, even if you are as certified as them. It happened to me too. Worked at a dealership and everyone there were halfassing at every chance they had. Me working hard and them f***ing up customer cars, doesn't agree with me. Even my supervisor couldn't give a s***. Left that place and now working with my dad at his shop, couldn't be happier. He's the hardest working man I know and the best boss I've ever had. Everyone works hard (and rare in my profession are good quality people) and are there to help you if you get in a bind and vice versa. At dads shop if you aren't honest then you're out, you break something and lie you're out (he always finds out) I'm ranked 6 at the shop and at the dealership I was number 1. At dads shop everyone above me are so far ahead of me it's ridiculous. Remember just because they work at a dealership doesn't mean they can fix a car. All local dealers that run into a dead end send them to us.




Excuse my naivety. I was born at a very early age.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:31 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Just don't work a job you hate

The Money is no good if your not happy and hate getting up in the morning.
I once went to real estate school and got my license to sell
I hated that job so much I could not sleep or eat properly. Excellent Money, "YES"
I quit and got a job selling Harley Davidson Motorcycle parts for $10.00 an hour and was never happier. I did photography on the side when I wanted extra money. I got a good bonus twice a year( Bike Week) & ( Biketoberfest) in Daytona. I stayed there 27 years until I got sick and my Doctor made me quit.
Someone once said--
Quote:
" Get a job you love and you will never work a day in your life"
They were 100% correct.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:05 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote2820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Claremore
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 287
Hey man, I feel your pain. 2 months ago I got into it with my boss for parking my car in another businesses lot(because they have better cameras and I have an emotionally unstable ex who enjoys vandalism) and he told me not to park there. So I moved it and the next day I talked to security and explained my situation and provided documentation and police reports so they allowed me to move my car to the front of the building where there could see it. Coincidentally that turned out to be executed mother parking. Apparently he didn't like that either and wanted to "play" alpha male with me when he's a d-bag in loafers wearing a sweatervest knowing I just went over his head to park closer. While this was going on I had already gone over his head and got offered a promotion as a second level investment analyst (higher pay and respect position than his) then apparently he went and told them he really didn't think I was ready and he needed me still. Basically c*ck blocked me. So I programmed an auto send email to send 5 minutes after I walked into his office to the entire facility calling him out for being such a tool and basically point out every incompetence he embodies. I walked in there told him basically the whole email then walked out to see smiles from all my friends, grabbed my sh*t and peaced out.

Oh and my parking spot was right outside where his 2nd story office window was and since I'm the impractical 25 year old banker driving the 5.0..I left a little rubber and smoke behind to remember me by.

Way to take up for yourself man. Don't let the pencil pushing peabodies keep you down. They are sheep so let them follow away. Stay true bro!
__________________
2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Its good that you were in school during this work time frame, as it will not affect your resume' (you would not need to place this time of employment on it). Many places of employment like to see work experience on a resume', but in this case, I'd leave it off. Even though by law a previous work location can not disclose prior work ethics that an emplyee had, you can never be sure that happens.

We spend a lot of time in our lives working, so as Ronnie said, make sure it makes you enjoy going to work.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #21
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Well, its entirely unprofessional, and quite frankly not the smartest thing ever to quit your job without another one lined up, but that's basically what happened today and i'm here now to vent to you guys a bit before i give my boss a bit more of what i'm really thinking ... and because **** doing any work the rest of the day.

For the past year and a half i have worked for the single most rude, condescending, closed minded boss i have ever encountered in my life. She was hired 2 days after i was when the department at this current job encountered 100% turn over (should have been red flag number 1), and has proceeded to slowly place everyone brought on prior to her on the back burner. Basically, she brought in a whole new crew, and has taken to selectively replacing the old employees (the ones brought on post 100% turnover, but prior to her) with ones of her own ... and my time has come.

Despite being in the industry for about 3 years collectively, i am still wrapping up my degree, so having a job like this was basically a dream come true, despite the pretty low pay, since i had a foot in the door. Well, that was all a little too good to be true. Since i "am not a real accountant" as she so elegantly put it, i will not be doing any "real accountant work," under her supervision. Whatever, it was still better than no job, and they did offer to bring me on after a year.
That was a year and a half ago, and in that time i have gone from doing very little, menial work, to even less, menial work. My job, as an "intern" / "data entry clerk" consists of: Scanning documents so my boss doesnt lose them ... which she does ... often ... every month, booking small payments we receive, which takes a collective... maybe 20 hours a month, and then just whatever little other odd things pop up... mostly just scanning and filing. Oh yes, remember how i said she likes to lose things? We've failed several audits because the information is missing, and that is somehow my fault since "it was given to you to scan, why is it not in its folder?" Of course you cant tell your boss that it makes no logical sense for the person who loses everything to give it to you to make sure it doesn't get lost, because shes already had a chance to lose it at that point, but ... whatever. No big deal, this job is paying the bills and they're flexible with my night school hours, so i can deal with it.

My job also consists of organizing her office because she is a slob by the best definition of the word, and since they "need to keep my busy to justify my pay," I pretty much just need to do what work is actually given to me ... like organizing her office. Sounds more like a secretary than an intern, but oh well ... its still paying the bills and i'm still going to get brought on at some point ... right?

So, a few weeks ago, i made the comment that i would like to be brought on full time, and "well ... we need to run it up the ladder and see if we can afford to have you on, and in the meantime i'll need you to email me at the end of every day with what you have done, so we can keep tabs on your hours." Now, seeing as how my job is basically a clerk position, IE: i do whatever work i am given, she should know damn well that the email she is going to receive every day will say "jack S---" because that's exactly what she has given me... This is basically her way of placing me on the back burner ... again, but oh well, i guess i can just keep riding this out a little longer, the low price of oil is hurting everyone in the industry, so maybe leaving now isn't the best. However, they did manage to find it in the budget to her my boss an assistant manager at 6 figures a year and her own nice office ... hmmm.

Today was the last straw though. There was a team luncheon to "thank everyone for our hard work through the end of the year," which i didn't seem to get an invite for. Not a big deal, i'm technically contract, and we often dont get invited to things like this. No harm, no foul, this kind of thing has happened before. Until two other friends that are contract come up and ask me if i'm ready to go to lunch ... i thought contractors weren't invited? Maybe i just wasn't invited ... oh well, i'll go to the bathroom real quick and then meet them there.

So, i'm pulling up to the restaurant and ask my other contract buddy if there are still seats available, I'm not particularly a fan of my boss and if i had to sit next to her i'd honestly rather just not go. At this point he mentioned that my boss apparently told him i wasn't supposed to be there, that this did not include me. Now it seems a little silly to be this upset over something like not being invited to a lunch but that was just it. I decided i was tired of being disrespected and not taken seriously by a rude condescending ... well, *****, quite frankly.

So there you have it. Thanks for letting me just kind of blow off some steam, and y'all may be seeing a lot more of me as i'm sitting on the couch at home job surfing ... and then suddenly none of me as i end up homeless lol but luckily i've still got friends at a few past jobs, so it'll work itself out. BTW, the Fiance is not going to be happy ... rightfully so, so if i turn up missing ... y'all know where to start looking!

First and foremost be patient in your job search. Second, I've been in a similar situation, not quite as bad, but I worked for a major sporting goods retailer, and hated every minute of it.

After that I went to OfficeMax and got in with a good group of people, I loved everyone there! I still talk to my former coworkers there.

Sadly I had to leave to focus on school and the store I was at was 30-40 miles each way. I spent a lot of time commuting. I went back to a different store out of desperation.

Thankfully, I was able to survive without too much income coming in. I got the occasional can you detail my car, or walk my dog.

I applied at another store in late January of last year, got hired on, and decided it wasn't for me, so I didn't take the job. I decided to focus on School, but in April of last year I started searching again. I was fed up by August and went to another store, worked there for two weeks, and hated it.

So, I kept applying for Jobs through my career services program at school, and after one really though day, I was exhausted and frustrated, as I still hadn't found a job through my career services program at school.

At this point I went home and prayed about it laid in my bed and just prayed and talked to God.

An hour later I got a call from this company, I applied at through my Schools career services program. The nicest lady was on the other line, and she said, "we would love for you to come interview with us on X date at X time." I said, sure that sounds great."

( I had a funny feeling all along about the interview because it was for a call center and I was like okay, this is going to be something I really don't want to do, but I'll go along with it.)

I did and a week later I got the job! Now, I love it and I'm headed to work after I post this.

It's definitely not the perfect job, but it pays well, the hours fit my school schedule, and the people I work with are amazing. My supervisors are extremely nice, and funny. Although I feel a bit micromanaged at times, it's not bad.

Just remember there is no perfect thing, or place to work at unless you work for yourself, but before you do that soak up others people's knowledge before you venture out on your own.


Sorry if this is long, but having been in a similar situation myself, I thought I'd share my experience. Keep looking for a job polish your resume like you do your stang, and it will come.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
WJBertrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ventura
Region: California
Posts: 517
Sorry to hear this but sometimes a situation becomes untenable and you have to do what you have to do. I'm sure you'll quickly find new work, what with the economy improving as it is. Keep up the maintenance on your network, even if you're happy with your current job. Someone suggested LinkedIn as one way to do that. You never know when an even better opportunity will present or when your current position may start going south. You're in a better position for negotiations when you have a current job. Never, never tell a prospective employer that you're unhappy where you are.

Also, it's better to suppress your emotions and give 2-weeks notice. Sometimes that will be a wake up call to your current employer and they may try to patch things up (usually not though, so be seriously prepared to leave), and it looks better on your resume. By walking out, you cannot use them as a reference now.
__________________
-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #23
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,020
^^^^^this

Lucky enough to enjoy my job so a slightly lower pay than average for my skill set (Industrial Technician) is ok. I will suggest not to go w/o 2 weeks again but quitting was good for you to do.

What did they have for lunch?

poor impulse control (like you!)
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Rage - Nice video Compilation Rocket 442 Pictures and Videos 3 04-19-2007 12:00 AM
Ever Been So Filled With Rage bluemustang The Bar 27 02-13-2007 05:25 PM
so i went to quit my other job... *rant* Rellik The Bar 22 04-21-2004 07:10 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:37 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.