Shelby Cobra V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
Shelby Cobra V6

Why do they do this? Damn dude, all that money on mods and poser bits...you could have bought a GT to start with!
Anyone have poser stories?
2014 Ford Mustang for sale in Rutland - 1ZVBP8AM3E5232930 - Alderman's Chevrolet Buick GMC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	173615  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2015, 02:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
Yes sir, the all new Shelby Punisher V6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	173616  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
A lot of guys for various reasons (money, insurance, or have to have a Brand new car, etc) get the v6's soon the regret sets in. Then instead of just biting the bullet and getting a GT some begin this quest of trying to justify their decision by trying to build "the fastest v6 ever." Then after they dump thousands of dollars into them and they get their *** cracked by a stock 4.6 the frustration sets in and so on. If your going to buy a mustang and you want performance get the V8 save your money, time, and avoid the inevitable situation of having to eat crow! Life is too short and in the end you'll have a better car.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2015, 05:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 28
Up-badging a car.... That's some "Ricer" **** right there.
KushBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by KushBandit View Post
Up-badging a car.... That's some "Ricer" **** right there.
Yup, he skipped right over GT and went right for the Shelby nads! With a large side of Punisher.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:14 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Yup, he skipped right over GT and went right for the Shelby nads! With a large side of Punisher.
No kidding. To add insult to injury, that dealer is trying to sell that "Shelby" V6 for GT money.

It wouldn't be a bad car if it didn't have the Snakes and the Shelby lettering.

Funny thing, I saw a '13 GT500 today while cruising downtown in my '11 GT, and there was no mistaking what was under the hood of his car. I could only imagine the laughs this car got when people thought they saw a 662hp Shelby, but heard six cylinders lol.
KushBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,976
Well...let me put it this way...at the track, one of my friends brought a Procharger SC 2011 V6 Mustang and it was a neck and neck race with my factory 5.0 V8 so, the idea of him getting his "*** cracked by a 4.6" with 100+ less hp than my V8 isn't likely. The car was hardly even tuned right, it just got faster but, I also figured out my own **** too. It was impressive. To each his own...I won't own a V6 car and 4.6 kept me out of a new Mustang for 16 years.
__________________
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto N/A tune. 100 shot nitrous on BBR tune. Best e/t 11.42 at 120.64

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
After all that work and he leaves the stock spoiler?!?!?! Wow.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:27 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,449
My fiance has a Shelby clone in the works on her V6. We have a Shelby hood, Shelby Grille (yeah, i cut the lower just for now lol just to see how it would look -_-) , The AM Shelby wing, not because she wanted to be a shelby, but because lets be honest... that stuff looks good.

Shes happy with her V6, loves the way it looks, loves the way it drives, but most importantly, when we put the grille and the wing on she said "I want 3.7 badges so people don't think i'm a poser." I don't understand the people who try ... There's just no point in trying to pretend your ~300 whp (fully bolted and tuned) v6 can contend with the kind of people who would be trying to punk a shelby ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	173625   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	173626  

Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	173627  
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stangholio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
My fiance has a Shelby clone in the works on her V6. We have a Shelby hood, Shelby Grille (yeah, i cut the lower just for now lol just to see how it would look -_-) , The AM Shelby wing, not because she wanted to be a shelby, but because lets be honest... that stuff looks good.

Shes happy with her V6, loves the way it looks, loves the way it drives, but most importantly, when we put the grille and the wing on she said "I want 3.7 badges so people don't think i'm a poser." I don't understand the people who try ... There's just no point in trying to pretend your ~300 whp (fully bolted and tuned) v6 can contend with the kind of people who would be trying to punk a shelby ...
Good looking car. I think that's different though. You don't have the snakes and letters. Nothing wrong with body pieces you think look better.
__________________
GHIGitty
Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangholio View Post
Good looking car. I think that's different though. You don't have the snakes and letters. Nothing wrong with body pieces you think look better.
Yea thats better because it doesn't have the shelby and snake badges all over it, especially "punisher". If it looks like a GT500 with none of the badges or lettering its fine in my book.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
When i'm on the page a little box pops up to chat with someone at the dealer........... Just some ideas for y'all lmao
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Noodles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
When i'm on the page a little box pops up to chat with someone at the dealer........... Just some ideas for y'all lmao

Gotta love the Internet


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Well...let me put it this way...at the track, one of my friends brought a Procharger SC 2011 V6 Mustang and it was a neck and neck race with my factory 5.0 V8 so, the idea of him getting his "*** cracked by a 4.6" with 100+ less hp than my V8 isn't likely. The car was hardly even tuned right, it just got faster but, I also figured out my own **** too. It was impressive. To each his own...I won't own a V6 car and 4.6 kept me out of a new Mustang for 16 years.

I understand a supercharged V6 could run with a V8 but that just seems foolish to spend 5k + just to run neck and neck with a stock Coyote GT. And the 4.6 is not a bad motor I would take one anyday over the 3.7.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
I sent them a PM asking for a Chevy Cruze with some Corvette emblems.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:22 PM   #16
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I sent them a PM asking for a Chevy Cruze with some Corvette emblems.
I saw a cruz with corvette emblems but unfortunately that picture stayed in my old phone
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:14 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I understand a supercharged V6 could run with a V8 but that just seems foolish to spend 5k + just to run neck and neck with a stock Coyote GT. And the 4.6 is not a bad motor I would take one anyday over the 3.7.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Gonna have to completely disagree with you there. I would much rather have a boosted 500 rwhp 3.7 over a 360 rwhp 5.0 any day.

Gonna have to completely disagree with you on the 4.6 as well. Everyone knows the 4.6 is capable of 450 rwhp max on factory internals. The 3.7 can easily hold 550, 600 rwhp safely all on factory internals. The fact is the 3.7 is a better , more capable engine than the 4.6. It happens. Its called progress.

The 5.0 coyote engine is a better, more capable engine than the 3.7 however I would rather have the boosted 500 rwhp V6. Because , its the rare factor. Stock 5.0's are a dime a dozen. 400 rwhp 5.0's are a nickel a dozen.

You can go to a mustang show and see dozens of 400 rwhp 5.0's. You can go to the American Muscle Car Show and see hundreds of 500 rwhp V8's. There all over the place.

Try going to a car show and seeing a 450 or 500 rwhp V6 mustang. Not so common. Maybe the AM had a handful of boosted 3.7's out of thousands of mustangs and that's a maybe. Its the rare factor, plus i just really love my 3.7.

Now in regard to the OP's topic. That is defently horrible. Never ever ever do we upbadge. That's the cardinal rule. You can put on the Shelby hood. You can put on a Gt500 spoiler. You can put on Gt500 wheels. You can put on a Gt500 front fasica. But you cannot put the words Shelby on it! Its not a Shelby!

You cannot put little snake emblems because its not a Gt500. Ultimate tool bag move.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:27 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,976
The boosted 6 I referred to was part shop car, owned by son of the owner of the biggest performance shop locally.

4.6 is weak in stock form and fragile unless stripped and completely built, great combo that. not a big deal when no competition. Pretty sad when it's main rival reappears with 116 more hp, time for a game changer and we got that.
__________________
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto N/A tune. 100 shot nitrous on BBR tune. Best e/t 11.42 at 120.64

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
I don't want to come off as a v6 hater I think it is a fine engine and they have their place in the market for sure. But if Performance is what your after get the V-8! You would have a much higher starting point and way more potential and V8's are just more fun! I know there are some who want the challenge of making a v6 badass and that's fine but rare for reasons.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:43 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I don't want to come off as a v6 hater I think it is a fine engine and they have their place in the market for sure. But if Performance is what your after get the V-8! You would have a much higher starting point and way more potential and V8's are just more fun! I know there are some who want the challenge of making a v6 badass and that's fine but rare for reasons.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
When you say, if performance is what one is after get the V8! You're talking about the 11 plus models correct. I'm assuming not the 4.6 V8 models your talking about because they offer zero to little performance over the 3.7.

So, when you say V8 you mean 2011 plus V8? I for one love that rare factor and I would much rather have a 400 rwhp 3.7 over a 400 rwhp V8.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Noodles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,198
Shelby Cobra V6

I love how you keep saying "rare factor" for a boosted v6. The v6 is great don't get me wrong. I also owned a 95 v6 the slowest of the slow and I loved that car. BUT one does not go into buying a v6 mustang saying this is going to be the most BA car ever. The v6 is purchased with fuel efficiency and what can I afford in mind then people mod them. If your whole idea was based around performance and you had the finances you would go with the vehicle with more potential. Not trying to start a fight or war but there is absolutely nothing rare about a v6 mustang unless Henry Ford or Carroll Shelby died in it. It doesn't matter how fast someone made it someone else can make a better one just takes money.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
I love how you keep saying "rare factor" for a boosted v6. The v6 is great don't get me wrong. I also owned a 95 v6 the slowest of the slow and I loved that car. BUT one does not go into buying a v6 mustang saying this is going to be the most BA car ever. The v6 is purchased with fuel efficiency and what can I afford in mind then people mod them. If your whole idea was based around performance and you had the finances you would go with the vehicle with more potential. Not trying to start a fight or war but there is absolutely nothing rare about a v6 mustang unless Henry Ford or Carroll Shelby died in it. It doesn't matter how fast someone made it someone else can make a better one just takes money.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Bro, you had a 95 V6. A 2011 plus 3.7 is in a completely different animal compared to your old 1995 V6. Its not even on the same planet bro. I'm not talking about rare from a collectors rare term. I'm talking about, I can go to a car show and see a ton of 400 rwhp 5.0's.

I would rather be the guy who has the 400 rwhp V6 because I'll most likely be the only one at the show that's 3.7 is 400 rwhp. Again, that's just me. Yes, the 5.0 has more potential, but if someone doesn't care about owning a 900 rwhp car, the 3.7 will do just fine as well.

just curious, How much power did your supercharged 1995 V6 make? Dude, your 1995 V6 came with 145 HP from factory. The 3.7 comes with 305 HP from factory. That's over double what your V6 had so respectfully how in gods green earth are you comparing your 1995 supercharged V6 to today's V6?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
robb15033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 2,109
I love all things Mustang. My V6 is fast, sounds great, handles superbly.
I am so happy to have a 4V 4.6L because of that classic sound that comes out the rear, and becoming rarer every day.
__________________
'97 3.8L V6
Pacific Green
1996 SVT Cobra White
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:40 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
I love all things Mustang. My V6 is fast, sounds great, handles superbly.
I am so happy to have a 4V 4.6L because of that classic sound that comes out the rear, and becoming rarer every day.
I agree the 4.6 sounds great and an awesome engine in its day.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
I love how you keep saying "rare factor" for a boosted v6. The v6 is great don't get me wrong. I also owned a 95 v6 the slowest of the slow and I loved that car. BUT one does not go into buying a v6 mustang saying this is going to be the most BA car ever. The v6 is purchased with fuel efficiency and what can I afford in mind then people mod them. If your whole idea was based around performance and you had the finances you would go with the vehicle with more potential. Not trying to start a fight or war but there is absolutely nothing rare about a v6 mustang unless Henry Ford or Carroll Shelby died in it. It doesn't matter how fast someone made it someone else can make a better one just takes money.


2014 5.OHHHHHH

Exactly! And how these things start is someone will start a thread about trying to decide on whether to buy a V8 or V6. And then it's on! But the only right answer to that question is you buy the best possible mustang that your situation will allow! So whether that's a V6, GT, Boss, Shelby, Mach 1, Bullit, or whatever if you settle for less when you could have gotten more leads to regret every time. If people have the means to buy a V8 don't talk them out of it!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Exactly! And how these things start is someone will start a thread about trying to decide on whether to buy a V8 or V6. And then it's on! But the only right answer to that question is you buy the best possible mustang that your situation will allow! So whether that's a V6, GT, Boss, Shelby, Mach 1, Bullit, or whatever if you settle for less when you could have gotten more leads to regret every time. If people have the means to buy a V8 don't talk them out of it!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
If someone wants a V8, I say go for it and buy it. If someone wants a V6, go for it. Buy the V6
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,976
I just got back from a 6000k road trip to Vegas, Route 66 and Socal/PacHwy in my '12 GT. Nothing beats that stick shift V8 for road trip duty like this, it was an all-american classic vacation

Having tech pack and comfort pack didn't hurt either....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0462.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	173675   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0470.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	635.2 KB
ID:	173676  

__________________
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto N/A tune. 100 shot nitrous on BBR tune. Best e/t 11.42 at 120.64

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
No one writes songs about cruisin in their 3.7

There are faster cars than my Coyote, even some mitsubishis and Hondas I'm sure BUT
There IS nothing that can replace that feeling of driving a 5.0 Manual. The sound, the power, the whole experience.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
No one writes songs about cruisin in their 3.7

There are faster cars than my Coyote, even some mitsubishis and Hondas I'm sure BUT
There IS nothing that can replace that feeling of driving a 5.0 Manual. The sound, the power, the whole experience.
That's true. Ice Ice baby! Rolling in my 5.0!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
There's over 50 songs about her.(according to USA Today)
Fergie-Glamorous. (C'mon..u sing along too)
Even Jimmy Buffet likes Glasspacks on a hot mustang.
And that girl Sally....Mustang Sally. She must have been hot to have her man buy her a stang.
I don't think they're singin about that Avis special V6 vert they rented.
Or the 3.7 they put a blower on.

*If Vanilla Ice were around today.... Rollin...in my Ecoboost, top up..so my toupe don't fly.
Hoodie on and a hand full O' Skittles....
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
There's over 50 songs about her.(according to USA Today)
Fergie-Glamorous. (C'mon..u sing along too)
Even Jimmy Buffet likes Glasspacks on a hot mustang.
And that girl Sally....Mustang Sally. She must have been hot to have her man buy her a stang.
I don't think they're singin about that Avis special V6 vert they rented.
Or the 3.7 they put a blower on.

*If Vanilla Ice were around today.... Rollin...in my Ecoboost, top up..so my toupe don't fly.
Hoodie on and a hand full O' Skittles....
I would have to totally agree with you on that.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:10 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Noodles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Bro, you had a 95 V6. A 2011 plus 3.7 is in a completely different animal compared to your old 1995 V6. Its not even on the same planet bro. I'm not talking about rare from a collectors rare term. I'm talking about, I can go to a car show and see a ton of 400 rwhp 5.0's.

I would rather be the guy who has the 400 rwhp V6 because I'll most likely be the only one at the show that's 3.7 is 400 rwhp. Again, that's just me. Yes, the 5.0 has more potential, but if someone doesn't care about owning a 900 rwhp car, the 3.7 will do just fine as well.

just curious, How much power did your supercharged 1995 V6 make? Dude, your 1995 V6 came with 145 HP from factory. The 3.7 comes with 305 HP from factory. That's over double what your V6 had so respectfully how in gods green earth are you comparing your 1995 supercharged V6 to today's V6?

No where in my comment did I say my v6 was supercharged. I was stating that I have owned a v6 and do not have any bad feelings towards them. With that said I don't believe any one honestly buys a v6 over a v8 unless they are worried about gas mileage or price. Just as I would have bought a gt500 IF I had the funds for it.

I have also owned a 1993 5.0, a 1998 cobra and my 2014 5.0. I had the v6 when I was in high school and insurance was crazy expensive. I am in no way trying to take jabs at the v6 and I respect the car and their owners.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
No where in my comment did I say my v6 was supercharged. I was stating that I have owned a v6 and do not have any bad feelings towards them. With that said I don't believe any one honestly buys a v6 over a v8 unless they are worried about gas mileage or price. Just as I would have bought a gt500 IF I had the funds for it.

I have also owned a 1993 5.0, a 1998 cobra and my 2014 5.0. I had the v6 when I was in high school and insurance was crazy expensive. I am in no way trying to take jabs at the v6 and I respect the car and their owners.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Sorry, for some reason I thought you wrote you had a supercharged 95 V6. Must of read that wrong. My bad.

I can't speak for other owners but I bought my 3.7 because I wasn't willing to pay 7,500 dollars more for the 5.0. While I could of afforded the extra monthly payment of the 5.0, it came down to a simple factor. At that time I didn't need 412 HP and 305 was plenty. I couldn't convince myself spending 7,500 dollars more so I could get to a traffic light 1 second faster was worth it to me.

Sure, the 5.0 coyote engine is a better platform for building 800 plus rwhp but I have no interest in that. Granted the base Gt has 18 inch wheels over my 17's but a guy like me who travels to Wally World and back won't notice it a bit.

People always assume that enthusiasts who buy a V6 must only be able to afford a V6 and not the V8! There is a difference in being able to afford something and willing to pay! Just because people can doesn't mean many people will. There is a difference. Not everyone cares about having a 700 rwhp car. My 350 HP 3.7 is plenty of power for the public roadways. My pony can travel 145 mph no issue so its all good. 😎

My father could of affored a 2014 Gt500 but instead he bought a 2014 CS 5.0 convertible. He wants willing to pay 65k for a car that he will never need 662 hp
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Noodles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,198
I respect that. I purchased the 5.0 knowing it was plenty fast for me and had the v8 sound. If I had the v6 I would have regretted not getting the v8. I know myself and have regretted prior vehicle purchases before.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:55 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
I respect that. I purchased the 5.0 knowing it was plenty fast for me and had the v8 sound. If I had the v6 I would have regretted not getting the v8. I know myself and have regretted prior vehicle purchases before.


2014 5.OHHHHHH
Now after my taste of my V6. If I were buying a new mustang now. I would get the 5.0! 😎
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Shelby :: 2008 Ford Shelby GT wayneb Member Garages 0 06-15-2011 01:01 PM
Shelby GT500KR :: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR qeenkng Member Garages 0 06-15-2011 01:01 PM
Shelby GT or Shelby GT/SC wmoore Shelby Mustang 20 05-19-2011 06:25 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:03 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.