today is my birthday and im getting old but also WISE and i recently been thinking a lot about stuff and i made this list of ways to enjoy my car more and it really helps me. i used to do all these things but i learned from experience dealing with humans.
this whole life thing is about perspective.
1. don't get upset when you see other mustangs on the road, most of them are not in good condition because lotta people just buy a stang to have a stang and then treat it like crap - once you have ascended your stang know that it is the best one in town and everyone else is a piece of ****. ie: my paint oat is nicer than the new cars sitting on the dealer lot right now, and i modded mine tastefuly and uniquely and even though i get upset when i see another redfire s197 - i calm myself by looking at how much better mine looks, and even someone who doesn't know much about cars can see the difference.
2. don't take your eyes off the road to see if that red pontiac grand am you saw was a mustang - even if it was, no piece of **** on the road and no girl on the street (or any girl at all) is worth wrecking your car, keep your eyes on the road!! Many times i would look back at a car and be like IS THAT A MUSTANG I SWEAR TO GOD IF IT IS...and and almost hit something in the process, it's not worth it keep your eyes on the road!!
3. don't look at other cars, that's exactly what they want you to do - when you see another mustang, camaro, challenger on the road, just relax, lean back and keep your eyes forward. if they honk or rev their engine, don't even acknowledge them.
4. if someone tries to get you to do a burnout, speed, or drift - don't do it, because if you get caught up in the moment of excitement and lose control, they won't be there to pay your ticket, or repair bill if you hit a light post... but they probably will laugh at you and make a youtube video - people are all crap in this world and in the end it is you and your stang and you can't lose your stang for ANYONE
5. keep calm when driving - when you see a pretty girl or something don't floor it trying to do a fast turn or anything, just riding slow and clean will turn heads, and not having your fender smashed looks nicer than going fast by someone. go slow and cool and let them feel the gravity of your car.
6. drive for yourself - every night i used to have a route where id drive by the college then downtown and it was like a game in my head to see how many people i could get to look at me - but then i realized it made me more depressed and i hated it, so now i just drive for myself and enjoy the car for myself, go on nice cruises in long open roads, and don't care what anyone else has to say or think.
basically try to keep calm and enjoy when driving the stang, if you're feeling stressed and depressed after a drive, its counter productive