People always revving at ya? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Michigan
People always revving at ya?

Do y'all get it too? It's get quite annoying its like every truck, modified civic, eclipse, camaro, mustang wants to rev at me or honk at me or drive really fast by me. couple weeks ago a 2011 v6 drove around me in circles 3 times before parking while I was pumping gas, then had to rev his engine 3 times before turning his car off :S

and today at walmart as I was walking to my car an eclipise was parked down the lane and when he saw me reved his engine a few times and when I was about to go out he just speeds right past me at full speed. Its annoying as hell and I dont street race or drive stupidly which is why i dont get into accidents or tickets, but its like they are taunting me, and what am i supposed to do? just rev my engine or drive by them like an idiot?
Manaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
you could always buy a Corolla. I find I accept the challenge only from a worthy competitor but mostly I take it as a compliment.

note this is from a V6 guy

forgot to add those both sounded like stupid/ non-respect full challenges. Ignore them (unless you just want to look at them and shake your head).
Old 02-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
That's only happened to me twice. The first day a few hours after I bought the car. We were both at an intersection and he reved his engine before his light turned green and floored it when it changed color. I just laughed. A couple weeks ago a charger took off all crazy when I pulled up next to him, it sounded like a bunch of tin cans clinging together. It don't bother me, I'm not 16 anymore, don't need to prove how manly or tuff I am. I take care of my kids and I'm faithful to my wife, can't get any manlier than that.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
That's only happened to me twice. The first day a few hours after I bought the car. We were both at an intersection and he reved his engine before his light turned green and floored it when it changed color. I just laughed. A couple weeks ago a charger took off all crazy when I pulled up next to him, it sounded like a bunch of tin cans clinging together. It don't bother me, I'm not 16 anymore, don't need to prove how manly or tuff I am. I take care of my kids and I'm faithful to my wife, can't get any manlier than that.
Exactly, in my younger days I prolly would have gotten pumped, but not it just pisses me off and i really dont care about "showing off" anymore. I rather just drive slow and let my paint and exhaust do the showing off.

And ya i agree with what you guys said, it is more of a compliment to us. Im not a fan of dodge/chrysler, but I really like how the old school chargers and challengers look, the new chargers make me think dodge is trolling the world and the challenger just looks big but not like a muscle car at all to me :/
Manaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Is it just me, or is it always some crappy car? Usually some riced out Civic that would be lucky to break 16s.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
People always revving at ya?

Perhaps you're looking at it wrong. I often get revved at, followed by a wave or thumbs up. Likewise, I rev at cars that I like, especially other mustangs.

If someone shot past me when I'm crusing at 35 that would be a different story, but a lot of times mustangs get behind me and we kind of "convoy" until one of us has to turn.

Indifference is the biggest insult another "sport car" driver could give you. I know this really mean camaro in town doesn't even acknowledge my presence when we are next to each other at a light, he just keeps looking straight on. On the other hand this ricey cavalier always wants to make himself known to me..

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
That's a good way to look at it. I always appreciate cars regardless of make.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Everywhere i go people think my car is some highly moddified gt mustang and i love to see their reactions when they find out its a sixer.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
Perhaps you're looking at it wrong. I often get revved at, followed by a wave or thumbs up. Likewise, I rev at cars that I like, especially other mustangs.

If someone shot past me when I'm crusing at 35 that would be a different story, but a lot of times mustangs get behind me and we kind of "convoy" until one of us has to turn.

Indifference is the biggest insult another "sport car" driver could give you. I know this really mean camaro in town doesn't even acknowledge my presence when we are next to each other at a light, he just keeps looking straight on. On the other hand this ricey cavalier always wants to make himself known to me..

Its how cars wave at each other :p

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

It's pretty easy to tell when someone is saying hey nice car, really easy to tell when someone is being a dbag.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #11

It happens everywhere. First night I had mine some kid in a dodge ram Hemi roared past me and let off a few times.... Funny thing was the top was down and my 4 year old was in her car seat laughing at him and giving him the thumbs down.... He wasn't so pleased.... I had tears😄

Mhc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhc73 View Post
It happens everywhere. First night I had mine some kid in a dodge ram Hemi roared past me and let off a few times.... Funny thing was the top was down and my 4 year old was in her car seat laughing at him and giving him the thumbs down.... He wasn't so pleased.... I had tears😄

Haha, that's awesome! You know kids that age don't lie about their feelings so if she gave him the thumbs down she ment it.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
A couple months ago a young kid in a V6 charger pulled up next to me and revved. I just looked at him and laughed. He flicked me off. I laughed harder.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
As said the type or rev says a lot.

A quick rev by someone driving by or cruising by in a parking lot usually is a compliment or a way of saying nice ride, there's a level of respect. I usually get this from someone that also has a tastefully modded car, including some tuner imports. I think the Shelby/SVT guys just love to do it for the blower whine lol.

The multi revs, ricer flybys, and neutral bombs at a red light are usually the sign of a tool.
Those guys don't have much respect for their car or other car enthusiasts. Ignore them and eventually they'll go away.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangholio View Post
A couple months ago a young kid in a V6 charger pulled up next to me and revved. I just looked at him and laughed. He flicked me off. I laughed harder.
lol, this reminds me of this guy and his v6 cherry bombed charger that lives at my apartments. Anytime he'd see me going to my 03 v6, he would get in his and rev it like 3 times or until he hit the limiter. My 03 is not loud by any means, it's a v6 so it's quiet and mellow, the way I prefer it, unlike his 3.5 charger.

2 days after I got my Mach 1 he went out to start his car as I did, he revved it twice, I got in my car, just started it, no revs...haven't heard him revving it up since

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Living in SoCal I get it all the time! Most often it's the dingle berrys in POS civics and rivers. Camaro guys are stupid here too!! I laugh at them! The only time i usually bit is if it's a guy with his girlfriend in the car trying to impress her then that's when I usually embarrass them! 😊

bluemonster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Had this last night, the girlfriend and I went for a ride since it was so nice out. I was coming up to a light that was about to lose the left turn arrow that I needed, dropped down to 2nd and got in it a little to make the turn. I noticed a Camaro waiting to turn right from the other direction, no biggie. A couple blocks down he neutral bombed as he went by me, it screamed six banger in a sad voice.

Next light he was off my back corner as I rolled from the light, I think he could hear the Borla ATAk say stay back. He followed me for 2 miles and never attempted to pass, just giggled about it. Again I'm pushing 50 not out looking for street races, too much to lose for something stupid.

Mstablein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:37 AM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
It comes with owning this type of a car. If it bothers one, then they should consider driving something in the way of a minivan or comperable.

When the wife or I used to be in the Jeep Cherokee, no one rev'd their engine at us; when we were in the Mustang, we got a few directed our way.

Take that occasional "rev at a light" as a compliment to your vehicle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar