INCOME TAX TIME!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
got a ticket yesterday for disregarding a stop light aka so i wouldn't get rear ended by the person hauling it behind me and would of rear ended me ..... cop towed his car and gave me a ticket :< insurance is going up
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
got a ticket yesterday for disregarding a stop light aka so i wouldn't get rear ended by the person hauling it behind me and would of rear ended me ..... cop towed his car and gave me a ticket :< insurance is going up
I'd fight the hell out of this especially if there is a record of what the other guy was doing. This should be an easy win for any competent traffic lawyer I'd think.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Alright I splurged a little bit. Bought a Proto Reflex Rail, GoPro Hero 3 white edition, Proto Rotor hopper (not pictured), and an Inception Designs GoPro barrel mount
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424718876190.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	176023  
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'd fight the hell out of this especially if there is a record of what the other guy was doing. This should be an easy win for any competent traffic lawyer I'd think.
i had been drinking and left the club i believe the car behind me was following me trying to start stuff.. little knoing im the last person he wants to start problems with and i was kinda speeding away from that car that was on my azz and looking at him threw my mirror i sped threw the light instead of having me get rear ended. basicaly what im going to say to the judge is if i would of stopped the person running the light behind me would of rear-ended me. even the cop asked if we were together cause he was on following me... i told the cop i was wondering the same thing ...... and the cops face when dispatch told him i may be armed with multiple weapons he was like sir please step out the car do u have any guns on u lol no sir there all at home .... ends up telling me he would note i was being followed. that should help and i was respectful and he said because of that he wouldnt chek my car or passengers which my passenger had a beer from the bar he snuck out so i didnt bother arguing the cause to him i was happy to drive off with my car
Old 02-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Alright I splurged a little bit. Bought a Proto Reflex Rail, GoPro Hero 3 white edition, Proto Rotor hopper (not pictured), and an Inception Designs GoPro barrel mount
some of those paint ball guns are expensive had a friend who had a 1500$ paintball gun he traded his car for idk some people i guess but hey gotta spend it somewhere
Old 02-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
some of those paint ball guns are expensive had a friend who had a 1500$ paintball gun he traded his car for idk some people i guess but hey gotta spend it somewhere
I have a buddy with a DM13 ($1500 new) who's looking at buying a DM15 for this season. They are expensive but they are well worth the price once you get some time behind one of them. The way I try to out things is that it's just as expensive as a new set of wheels and tires, and it will last a long time. Paintball has a high startup cost but after you buy all the necessary gear you really only need to buy paint and air.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
And to think I've never been paint balling......

I really want to though.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
And to think I've never been paint balling......

I really want to though.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
It's a blast. Buying paint sucks, especially when playing speedball, but it's fun to get out and shoot the crap out of your friends for a bit
Old 02-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

I have been, you need a pretty good setup just to... not get frustrated or at least that was my experience using the rented stuff vs what a friend let me borrow on another outing. I could actually hit stuff with his backup gun he lent me, was great.

As for my income tax... I may MAY go spend a few $hundred on a few new pieces of equipment/AMA membership and dues for a local RC airplane club. I've got a trainer in pieces and a real nice Telemetry radio setup with a brand new in box Evolution gas 2 stroke motor to go with it along with all the LiFe batteries/chargers etc... and I really should start flying again.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:51 PM   #45
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
It's a blast. Buying paint sucks, especially when playing speedball, but it's fun to get out and shoot the crap out of your friends for a bit
The issue is my friends either A) Don't want to, or B) don't have the money.....

My friends back home want to but don't have money ever. The people i know at school care more about parties. The guys i have most of my fun with are the other Mustang guys on here in my area lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The issue is my friends either A) Don't want to, or B) don't have the money.....

My friends back home want to but don't have money ever. The people i know at school care more about parties. The guys i have most of my fun with are the other Mustang guys on here in my area lol.
lol i wouldn't pay to get shot lol plus that paintball gun cost twice of what my real ones cost and i get the good ones too lol smith and wesson
yeh ive gone and used rented guns sucked compared to my friends 1500$ paintball gun that was fast and had a super sensitive trigger i freaked how fast it shot.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:02 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I have been, you need a pretty good setup just to... not get frustrated or at least that was my experience using the rented stuff vs what a friend let me borrow on another outing. I could actually hit stuff with his backup gun he lent me, was great.

As for my income tax... I may MAY go spend a few $hundred on a few new pieces of equipment/AMA membership and dues for a local RC airplane club. I've got a trainer in pieces and a real nice Telemetry radio setup with a brand new in box Evolution gas 2 stroke motor to go with it along with all the LiFe batteries/chargers etc... and I really should start flying again.

Yeah rental guns do suck, the field that sponsors my team rents out different levels starting with your typical cheap gun, then a mid level, and then a nice gun depending on how much you want to spend.

Quote:

Ah yes that always sucks.

Quote:
lol i wouldn't pay to get shot lol plus that paintball gun cost twice of what my real ones cost and i get the good ones too lol smith and wesson
yeh ive gone and used rented guns sucked compared to my friends 1500$ paintball gun that was fast and had a super sensitive trigger i freaked how fast it shot.
It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as you would think. There's been a few shot I've witnessed but never experienced that look like they would hurt a lot, but those are pretty uncommon.

As far as guns go, my backup gun was $350 and the one I posted was originally $500 ($400 after my discount). Those work great and nobody will know the difference between those two and a $1000+ gun until they've had a bit of time behind all of them.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:22 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Im still rockin a 2004 spyder imagine and a shocker nxt ๐Ÿ˜‚ once you buy the guns the rest aint so bad

Sent from .....

Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC (Ret.)
satin06silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
C.A.I. and a Bama tuner for my 2004 GT.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:19 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
All my income is tax free so I get nothing back. In fact I can't even file for green energy credits, student loan interest, or charitable expense. Sucks some get back 10k++ and I will never

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-25-2015, 08:05 AM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatspeed7x View Post
C.A.I. and a Bama tuner for my 2004 GT.
Look at my response in the other thread. CAI is a waste for you right now and there are far better tuners out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
All my income is tax free so I get nothing back. In fact I can't even file for green energy credits, student loan interest, or charitable expense. Sucks some get back 10k++ and I will never

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Haha you'd hate my 11/12/13 tax returns. Tax free combat zones for 8+ months and that was the fewest fax free months I had out of that timeframe. Flight pay/per diem/allowances/base pay were all not taxed those months allowances aren't taxed anyway (i'm sure you know that). I think in 2012 I reported $18k on my tax return and I made like $90k that year lol. Got back $7k in taxes too because I fell like $28k under the poverty line. All completely legal and legit too. #murica.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I wish I got money back. I owe damn near $1,000. The joys of owning small businesses... You pay your taxes quarterly and it's still not enough, #murica.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

For the past five years I've spent $11k plus on medical expenses...2011, 2012, and 2013 I was able to write off $9600 of that, generating a return of $1500-2000. 214 i wa only allowed to write off $3500, which equates to a return of $399. My income has not changed, my expenses have not changed, only difference------OBAMACARE!! Funny how those of us who work for a living continue to get screwed by those who don't. So, I'll take the family to dinner and I will continue to wait for my tuner, plenum/tb and suspension

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
^ don't you just love how the government is rewarding laziness...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:11 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
For the past five years I've spent $11k plus on medical expenses...2011, 2012, and 2013 I was able to write off $9600 of that, generating a return of $1500-2000. 214 i wa only allowed to write off $3500, which equates to a return of $399. My income has not changed, my expenses have not changed, only difference------OBAMACARE!! Funny how those of us who work for a living continue to get screwed by those who don't. So, I'll take the family to dinner and I will continue to wait for my tuner, plenum/tb and suspension

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I know it sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar