cant wait till spring... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
cant wait till spring...

Getting tired of all the snow and below zero temps in Michigan. Makes my job a he'll of a lot harder too. First thing spring getting mustang tuned. Miss driving it.
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Sucks digging through the snow to get the lumber I need lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0202150932a.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	175806   Click image for larger version

Name:	0202150828a.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	899.0 KB
ID:	175807  

Name:	0202150812c.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	936.6 KB
ID:	175808  
Old 02-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Damn. So glad we aren't getting a ton of snow here. I'm doing something similar second week of march. Taking the mach out early to get gears and a dyno tune in before the big spring rush.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Remember what happens in spring though..... Pollen!!!!

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424563661.456746.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	175852

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Those lumber yard scenes are kind of surreal.

I worked construction nearly my entire career and I've never seen a lumber yard that looked like that. Here in CA, I used to think that it sucked when I had to go pick up materials in the rain! Lol.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Those lumber yard scenes are kind of surreal.

I worked construction nearly my entire career and I've never seen a lumber yard that looked like that. Here in CA, I used to think that it sucked when I had to go pick up materials in the rain! Lol.
Ya man this is crazy ****. That day all of us had to plow and shovel the whole yard before we could start putting house loads together and load up the trucks. Half the people called off that day too lol, made it worse for me. My normal start time is 6am they called me the night before asking me to come in at 4am haha.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Remember what happens in spring though..... Pollen!!!!
Attachment 175852

I would rather deal with that lol. Pollen potholes and burnouts.....

On the other hand though I'm thankful for winter. Gives the mustang a break being driven daily and I always mod my car in those months. Right before winter hits everyone asks what I'm doing to the stang this winter lol. Especialy my boss that owns the lumber yard. He owns the original bat mobile, a gran turnio from starskey and hutch, the monkey mobile and kit from night rider. Rich as hell! And the truck mechanic owns a charger from the dukes of hazards it's funny seeing his old *** hop out of the window like that. I always try to race him and tell him "you know the only car to beat the charger in dukes of hazards was a mustang right". Lmao.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:16 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I just put a cover over it. It looked like that because it rained the day before so it stuck.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I just put a cover over it. It looked like that because it rained the day before so it stuck.

I need to get a cover parking it at work isn't the best idea with all the trucks kicking up dirt when they blow by it. It can be flawlessly clean than when I go to leave its covered in dust
Old 02-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I feel your Michigan blues man! It has been frigid around here lately. The other day I was in the garage just sitting in the Mustang, wishing it were warmer. Wife thought I lost my mind!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhgt View Post
I feel your Michigan blues man! It has been frigid around here lately. The other day I was in the garage just sitting in the Mustang, wishing it were warmer. Wife thought I lost my mind!
Haha I do that a lot to that's funny. I start it up every other day and fine tune little things, wife says I love the stang more than her . She calls me selfish all the time because I put a lot of money,blood, sweat and tears into it. Usualy she's supportive though I spend more time with her in the warmer months but winter it's usually just work,workout,eat then in the garage till midnight.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Haha I do that a lot to that's funny. I start it up every other day and fine tune little things, wife says I love the stang more than her . She calls me selfish all the time because I put a lot of money,blood, sweat and tears into it. Usualy she's supportive though I spend more time with her in the warmer months but winter it's usually just work,workout,eat then in the garage till midnight.
Yep, that is about right! I just tell my wife that taking care of our cars is my hobby. I'm always washing, wiping down the engine bays, vacuuming, etc. I honestly try not to like cars so much, but I just cannot help it (I even treated my zx2s the same way back in the day).
Old 02-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhgt View Post
Yep, that is about right! I just tell my wife that taking care of our cars is my hobby. I'm always washing, wiping down the engine bays, vacuuming, etc. I honestly try not to like cars so much, but I just cannot help it (I even treated my zx2s the same way back in the day).
I tried to tell her it's my hobby to and she just says I'm obsessed with mustangs and have a fetish for them lol. In spring and summer I'll have a bunch of local mustang owners come over bbq then go on cruises etc. She's hates the fact that I'm just one minded as far as manufactures go to. Everything is Ford with me. Ford explorer, Ford mustang, Ford f150. Guess my dad made me that way. I remember my first car I saved up and bought a iroc z camaro in high school. My dad (who was a master mechanic for Ford for most his life) made me park it in the street lol. I blew it up street racing 3 months later was a real pos. He would always harass me about it saying, now you have to walk your bow ties leaking oil all over the streets etc haha should of saved more and got a mustang etc
Old 02-22-2015, 08:56 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
I tried to tell her it's my hobby to and she just says I'm obsessed with mustangs and have a fetish for them lol. In spring and summer I'll have a bunch of local mustang owners come over bbq then go on cruises etc. She's hates the fact that I'm just one minded as far as manufactures go to. Everything is Ford with me. Ford explorer, Ford mustang, Ford f150. Guess my dad made me that way. I remember my first car I saved up and bought a iroc z camaro in high school. My dad (who was a master mechanic for Ford for most his life) made me park it in the street lol. I blew it up street racing 3 months later was a real pos. He would always harass me about it saying, now you have to walk your bow ties leaking oil all over the streets etc haha should of saved more and got a mustang etc

Dang man some people just don't get it. I'm a Ford guy as well, the other manufacturer is Lincoln.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Dang man some people just don't get it. I'm a Ford guy as well, the other manufacturer is Lincoln.
Lincoln trucks are nice! Yeah and funny thing is after that I started saving up again for another car and 4-5 months down the road my dad asked how much I had saved up so far and what was i planning on getting when I saved enough. I told him I wanted a notchback mustang really bad. He told me give him what I had saved up so far so I did. 2 days later I came home from work and he put a note on the fridge saying call him. So I did and he told me head out to the garage so I did and was like for what he said this one stays in the garage and don't street race no more dumbass. I laughed and hung up opened the garage to a 91 notch with a 351w in it. Later that night he told me a co worker was selling it because they were relocating him to a different plant and didn't have the space. I ended up giving him another couple checks and never looked back since....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar