Is anyone else paranoid about leaving their mustang out of their sight?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #1

Region: California
Is anyone else paranoid about leaving their mustang out of their sight??

It's crazy how often I find myself finding excuses to not go to a grocery store because I'm scared it will get hit by shopping carts or have an idiot park next to me even if I park at the very end, or not wanting to let my girl drive because it means leaving my mustang alone and out of my sight.. please tell me I'm not the only crazy one!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
5point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

You're not crazy but you can't worry all the time. At the end of the day its just metal and plastic and can always be replaced.

Rollin' in my 5.0
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have the same feeling, whenever I go in a store all I keep thinking about is my stang out in the open, that's why I have to hurry up what I'm doing and going back to my stang. Your not alone bro.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I know the feeling but honestly if you drive the car things are going to happen. Reminds me of when I got my first ding, I was talking to my dad about it and he said "well you can always put it on cinder blocks in your garage and never drive it. That will keep it like new but won't be any fun"

And although I love my car at the end of the day it's just a car and if a scratch or scuff happens it can be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #5

Region: Wisconsin
Bro. Stores equal to /envy. dumb ladies. Kids. And careless people that may and will hit your car in any given moment. When i drive my mustang my girlfriend doesnt like when we go to a store because i always try to park far far away even if i have to walk. Lol. And after i get out the store i always find some idiots car next to mine. Lol. Incredible.

89 Mustang gt. Racing aluminum heads. Professional products lower and upper intake. 75mm throttle body trickflow stage 1 cam. T5z transmission. Spec stage 1 clutch. 4.10 gears. Powerdyne supercharger 42lb injectors @9psi.
Vicious5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #6

Region: Canada
I'm starting to relax a bit because it's been my daily driver since July, but the honest answer is still yes. I park up hill and as far away from store entrances as I can.
CompactVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
LOL so im not crazy for doing the same things u guys are doing. i feel like a over protective father hovering over his child lol every time some one gets in my car, my motto as my friends say is hey b careful when you open the door.... they tease me all the time till the idiot actually hit something and i told her now u know why i say it every time and boy she chipped my paint. or at parking lots i park miles away and still find carts around the car i guess we are parinoid guys but have all the right too
Old 03-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #8

Region: Wisconsin
Thats why i became a gentlemen. I open and close the door for my passengers.

89 Mustang gt. Racing aluminum heads. Professional products lower and upper intake. 75mm throttle body trickflow stage 1 cam. T5z transmission. Spec stage 1 clutch. 4.10 gears. Powerdyne supercharger 42lb injectors @9psi.
Vicious5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
What's nice about new edge door handles it they are a half handle you pull from the bottom. I've seen so many normal door handles where people grab and rings scratch the inside.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
What's nice about new edge door handles it they are a half handle you pull from the bottom. I've seen so many normal door handles where people grab and rings scratch the inside.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
ha thats me i got rings on almost all fingers lol and keys too man in your hand tends to do that.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Yes I hate leaving my baby alone

etr3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #12
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5point0 View Post
It's crazy how often I find myself finding excuses to not go to a grocery store because I'm scared it will get hit by shopping carts or have an idiot park next to me even if I park at the very end, or not wanting to let my girl drive because it means leaving my mustang alone and out of my sight.. please tell me I'm not the only crazy one!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I know right, I've got a few from grocery stores. I usually park way out in the back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious5.0 View Post
Thats why i became a gentlemen. I open and close the door for my passengers.

True!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Word of advice, trust no one who's around your car, until they prove themselves. I've got 5 people I trust with my cars, and no one else...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
U R Not Alone Brutha!
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:15 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

If you bought a car, and all you do is worry about it, then you choose poorly.

I realize that many buy a car and are proud of it; hard earned money should be allowed to purchase a "toy" for us to know that we work hard for at least some pleasure. However, worrying about that toy is no fun.

Drive it, enjoy it, and insure it. If something happens to it, worrying about it will not prevent or change that.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #16
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Only thing I'm worried about is someone stabbing my top.
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Or someone carelessly opening their door into your car in the parking lot. I would much rather walk the extra 100ft to not have to worry as much.

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I guess that's why I enjoy driving my truck the most. I bought it with "patina"; door dings, some scratches, and clear coat missing on parts of the hood and bed.

I can park it wherever I please, I can drive it wherever I want without worrying about it, and it has yet to let me down with over 230K on it.

This gives me a great idea.....
Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Nope don't worry about it as they say Poop Happens. I drive mine as long as I can, and enjoy it. I have a good sized rock ding on the nose from driving on the highway that does not stop me from driving it on a highway. I park as far away as I can at stores do what I can to stop the stupid, but in the end it is a car. Heck I even let my grandkids ride in it,they know the rules but if something happens it happens get over it. Nuf said

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
I park mine out every weekday in a parking lot at a shipyard. I have been since I bought it in August of 2013. I have somehow been lucky with the wind and the overspray until last week. I got a small dose of overspray on the 23rd. I guess my car will have a date with a clay bar very soon. I am afraid with all of the production going on in the shipyard that it is going to happen a lot this summer with the summer breezes blowing through every day. My car is a about a half mile north of the production.
As far as malls and stuff, I just park way out and hope nothing happens to it.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:55 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

5 Of the World's Most Elite Mercenary Armies - Mic

Just hire one of these to stand guard. a rent a cop might be cheaper.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar