Road course racers hahahh - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Road course racers hahahh

You guys are ridiculous . Car is to loud so they kicked them off the track. Another reason why I like drag racing. liberals = road course

Laguna Se…: http://youtu.be/HyESUNBA9Zw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Laguna Seca is one of the few places that has the limit because it's not in the middle of nowhere like most drag strips. Even our drag strip in sac doesn't allow top fuel cars because they are too loud.....

And it's a completely different thing when you have a car loud as hell for 8 seconds instead of 20 full minutes. It's also only certain track days like that, not all events are like that.

Sounds like someone's butt hurt they don't know how to turn a steering wheel lol.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Not but hurt. Why turn I been doing that since I started racing motocross at 6.
Had my fun with it
Just think it's hilarious.
Liberals like this crap is what's wrong with America today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Or go play forza

Old 05-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Or go play forza

Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
We have loads of big drag strips, road racing courses, dirt tracks, nascar and anything else you can think of up here in the liberal northeast.

What we dont have is a proliferation of mega churches or anti equality laws.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

It's not so much liberals, but neighbors who will complain. There are sound ordinances in every town, and race tracks are usually situated in a town of some sort. The limits aren't set by the actual track. What track actually wants to set a sound limit?

HID end all thread
Old 05-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Sure this is an issue but a neighbor with a barking dog everyday, that's ok.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
.22 solves that problem real quick
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I happen to know a little bit about this subject as I was raised within walking distance of Laguna Seca.
The track was in "the middle of nowhere" when it was built. The land in that part of California happens to be extremely valuable so it was inevitable that most of the land surrounding the track would be developed, which happened in the late 90's.
It was always loud and still is pretty loud even today. All of the old-timers were used to it but when the wealthy folks moved into their multi-million dollar homes, their sensitive ears were unaccustomed to all of the noise, so decibel limits needed to be implemented. Never mind that the track preceded them by decades...
The same phenomenon occurs, all over the country, with small airports. The land surrounding them becomes developed and suddenly the airport is a noisy, unacceptable risk.

Laguna Seca belongs to the Monterey county parks department and is a county park. There is no chance of it ever becoming developed, but, in an effort to try and remain a good neighbor, the county does it's best to try and keep everybody happy.

And they are very strict about cars exceeding the decibel limit. You are guaranteed a black flag if you do so.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Seems stupid when they were there prior.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:15 AM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

It used to be higher. But they have been getting stricter. Supposedly most of the restrictions come from the influence of 7 big neighbors of the track. Goes to show if you have money you can get whatever you want. It is now at 90db which quite a lot of sports cars nowadays are louder than 100% stock. It is ridiculous.

HID end all thread
Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

They use that track much more than they have in the past. It seems like they have an event of some sort most every weekend! The noise is definitely worse in some places.
When I am in the area, I dont even notice it really, and it has never bothered me, but again, I grew up hearing the race cars.
And the big block powered cars of the late 60's and early 70's were glorious to listen to!

And the group who is complaining about the noise?

That race track is going to be in existence a lot longer than the whiners...
Old 05-11-2015, 04:19 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
It's too bad that a track can be there first (in this case by a few decades), only to be run off by housing developments that spring up years later.

As to road courses verses drag racing, to each their own; I prefer road racing as a personal weekend sport.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:40 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Hey I live by an airbase and an airport. Where can I complain? Lol.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

In my old town there was actually a daycare that opened up and then tried to sue the adult movie store they built literally directly across from that was there first. Something along the lines of, not wholesome for children or something. The adult store counter sued, won, and made the daycare pay all legal fees. They're both still there haha.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
Hey I live by an airbase and an airport. Where can I complain? Lol.
Call up the commanding officer of the base. I'm positive that he will be happy to hear all of your complaints!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Here you go guys
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Why didn't it work.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...21073529&rct=j
Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Call up the commanding officer of the base. I'm positive that he will be happy to hear all of your complaints!
If you are riding in a jet leaving Dover AFB there is a trailer park literally right after the runway ends butting up to the security fence of that section of the base. For the longest time, one of the trailers had a huge "**** YOU" laid out on the roof in duct tape.

I made it a point to request engine runs as close to that trailer park as I could when I was doing the ground crew thing there in the mid 2000s if we were towing a jet to a run spot. 2 AM in the morning, full power run, watch all the lights come on and power down to idle till the lights start to turn back off. Then firewall the throttle(s) again.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you are riding in a jet leaving Dover AFB there is a trailer park literally right after the runway ends butting up to the security fence of that section of the base. For the longest time, one of the trailers had a huge "**** YOU" laid out on the roof in duct tape.

I made it a point to request engine runs as close to that trailer park as I could when I was doing the ground crew thing there in the mid 2000s if we were towing a jet to a run spot. 2 AM in the morning, full power run, watch all the lights come on and power down to idle till the lights start to turn back off. Then firewall the throttle(s) again.
Haha.
That's sadistic!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Laguna Seca is one of the few places that has the limit because it's not in the middle of nowhere like most drag strips. Even our drag strip in sac doesn't allow top fuel cars because they are too loud.....

And it's a completely different thing when you have a car loud as hell for 8 seconds instead of 20 full minutes. It's also only certain track days like that, not all events are like that.

Sounds like someone's butt hurt they don't know how to turn a steering wheel lol.

A full grid of race cars are no where near as loud as two top fuel drag cars. If I'm not at the track and trying to relax and had a track near me. I'd take a day of road course racing noise over a day of top fuel racing. Top fuel cars are so loud they can be heard from 15+ miles away. Not to mention they can register 2.3 on the richter scale. Not only do you hear those darn things you can feel them too.

🇺🇸
D1STRRBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

It's always funny when people complain about air force bases being too loud. I mean, the bases were generally built long before there was any development and homeowners sign agreements stating they understand the risks (ie. A plane crashing into their house) and the noise. I've always appreciated the "noise" of F18s and F16s and the like. It's not noise; it's the sound of freedom. There was a guy who complained about some F16s doing a low pass early one Sunday at Luke AFB. He printed a newspaper ad scolding the base. The base commander responded by taking his own ad out, apologizing that the airman playing taps wasn't loud enough to be heard over those F16s flying a low pass, missing man formation for the memorial service of a fallen pilot who had been killed on action in Iraq.

But really, race tracks are just for fun, no need to be excessively loud just to piss off the neighbors.

Unless of course you can do a 6 second quarter mile. Then it's okay to be loud.
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

^ this exactly. I live close to an army base. We get the sound of helicopters and jets flying around daily. Even vibrations from bombs going off at the base, at least we think it's bombs. Some of my neighbors get all pissy about them flying around; and get pissy at me for not being mad about it. I always tell them. "You know that's the sound of freedom, and I'll proudly listen to it all day long."

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

You don't like military stuff don't live by a base, simple as that. Its not like this giant installation picked up and moved in overnight lol. And all the jobs/money they funnel into the local areas.

What they SHOULD be complaining about is if they have a daughter... I will be making sure we are moved the hell away from any military installation by the time she is old enough to date. I might still work there as a retiree but I'll commute.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:16 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
You don't like military stuff don't live in America, simple as that. Its not like this giant installation picked up and moved in overnight lol. And all the jobs/money they funnel into the local areas.

What they SHOULD be complaining about is if they have a daughter... I will be making sure we are moved the hell away from any military installation by the time she is old enough to date. I might still work there as a retiree but I'll commute.
Fixed it for you
Old 05-11-2015, 11:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol.
I think that I identified that trailer on Google earth!
It looks like the Air Force has made accommodations for that little trailer park by having a displaced threshold on runway 14. It looks like all of the take offs and landings on runways 32/14 happen mostly on runway 32.
Haha. And I can see where you could rattle their windows during runups!

I wonder why the AF didn't just eminent domain that trailer park and be done with them?
Old 05-11-2015, 11:44 PM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah the runup spot that we used for pissing them off was "CC" (Charlie Charlie), you can see the spot if you zoom in on Google.

I dunno, I've been away from there for awhile although for some really random assed reason that base has a Tim Horton's. If I'm driving through that area to go down to MD or wherever I will actually go out of my way to go on base and get that coffee lol.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:50 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1STRRBD View Post
A full grid of race cars are no where near as loud as two top fuel drag cars. If I'm not at the track and trying to relax and had a track near me. I'd take a day of road course racing noise over a day of top fuel racing. Top fuel cars are so loud they can be heard from 15+ miles away. Not to mention they can register 2.3 on the richter scale. Not only do you hear those darn things you can feel them too.

🇺🇸
Me too!
The noise from that track doesn't even compare to the initial hit of two TF dragsters leaving.

The noise from Laguna seca can best be described as a swarm of very loud hornets. Angry hornets! It is the duration of the noise that annoys people. Also, during some of the larger events, traffic problems can be a nightmare for some of the nearby residents, which probably adds to some of their frustrations.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:59 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
^ this exactly. I live close to an army base. We get the sound of helicopters and jets flying around daily. Even vibrations from bombs going off at the base, at least we think it's bombs. Some of my neighbors get all pissy about them flying around; and get pissy at me for not being mad about it. I always tell them. "You know that's the sound of freedom, and I'll proudly listen to it all day long."

Adventure till you drop
Two sides of Laguna Seca borders the former Fort Ord Army base, which was decommissioned in the early 90's. This was once a very active military base and the impact area was as close to the main "complainers" homes as the track is! Some are even closer! I wonder how they would have reacted to Howitzers and machine gun fire at all hours of the night? And the thumping of helicopter blades!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:02 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah the runup spot that we used for pissing them off was "CC" (Charlie Charlie), you can see the spot if you zoom in on Google.

I dunno, I've been away from there for awhile although for some really random assed reason that base has a Tim Horton's. If I'm driving through that area to go down to MD or wherever I will actually go out of my way to go on base and get that coffee lol.
I have never had any Horton's.
That good, huh?
Old 05-12-2015, 03:49 AM   #32
Road Trip!

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Me too!

The noise from that track doesn't even compare to the initial hit of two TF dragsters leaving.

The noise from Laguna seca can best be described as a swarm of very loud hornets. Angry hornets! It is the duration of the noise that annoys people. Also, during some of the larger events, traffic problems can be a nightmare for some of the nearby residents, which probably adds to some of their frustrations.

I use to live about 45 minutes from Maple Grove there is nothing like feeling the rumble running threw your feet. They literally cause earthquakes. Top fuel racing is the loudest motorsport on the planet. It can reach as much as 180 decibels. I would never go to California and watch a top fuel race. As much as they shake the ground. I'm surprised they do not cause the San Andreas to open up. 😊

🇺🇸
D1STRRBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:47 AM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Not related to noise, but a simular situation where the neighborhood complains.....

In an area about 10 minutes from my house, there was a natural wildlife section of woods. Lots of Florida bear, panthers, and other cool wildlife.
Along comes a developer who gets permission from the local government to buy up land around it, build and sell homes. Now those who have bought these homes are complaining that the bears are wandering onto their property, killing dogs, and attacking those who go for a walk. Some of these homeowners have been caught feeding the bears, and they wonder why the come into the neighborhood.

They are now requesting that the bears be killed, as there is no other area the bears can be moved to without overpopulating that area, or the cost to capture and move them is too great.

Stupid for allowing the development right against an area once blocked off for wildlife, stupid to think the homeowners now have the right to request them killed or removed.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:05 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Oh snap

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Just_Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #35
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Not related to noise, but a simular situation where the neighborhood complains.....

In an area about 10 minutes from my house, there was a natural wildlife section of woods. Lots of Florida bear, panthers, and other cool wildlife.
Along comes a developer who gets permission from the local government to buy up land around it, build and sell homes. Now those who have bought these homes are complaining that the bears are wandering onto their property, killing dogs, and attacking those who go for a walk. Some of these homeowners have been caught feeding the bears, and they wonder why the come into the neighborhood.

They are now requesting that the bears be killed, as there is no other area the bears can be moved to without overpopulating that area, or the cost to capture and move them is too great.

Stupid for allowing the development right against an area once blocked off for wildlife, stupid to think the homeowners now have the right to request them killed or removed.
Is there no place they can relocate the homebuyers without overpopulation?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar