NJ makes "rolling coal" illegal - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Thought this was funny especially since it's jersey

Attachment 182903

Not all about rolling coal but still funny

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Lol, most ppl in NJ who have a Hybrid don't give a flying **** about the environment, they have one because they commute 2 hours each way into NYC or wherever and need the gas mileage. The thought that ppl would commute that distance/time is ridiculous especially to ppl not around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
I'm sure some idiots take it to far but I drive a truck and live in a rural community where rolling coal is popular. I give a truck space I drive with three truck lengths between me and the vehicle in front of me when going through town.
See, we can't do that here. Sure there are plenty of rural areas in NJ, its not just the opening sequence to the Sopranos (that is the North Jersey Turnpike) but we have the most ppl per square mile in the USA. Maybe if ppl who like to "roll coal" weren't stupid enough to do it in suburban areas where they can cause a wreck laws like this wouldn't need to be passed. Like most things... a few stupid ppl ruin it for everyone.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yeah but people with those issues on their gas cars aren't doing it intentionally, they are doing it because their motor is about to blow and they either can't afford to get it fixed or it JUST started happening and they're trying to get it home or to a shop. In most cases that car will not be in the road long.

And you really can't say "well if they were all diesels" because... well... its not the case. You can get your car towed for not having cats too and that applies to everyone. I went 7 years in NJ/DE with an OR pipe and no problem but if I had ever gotten a cop who really cared then who knows. My buddy got pulled over ON THE SAME DAY he installed his OR pipe in Wisconsin and they gave him a fix it ticket.

One reason the pipe going on my 2000 has high flow cats. And then there are the guys I work with who run the pipes and say "well I am registered in XYZ state and we don't have emissions" and I try to explain to them its a federal offense and any cop who pulls you over can tow the car if the cats are gone no matter where its registered. Some ppl have to learn the hard way.

Have you ever seeing a supra revving their engine? Sounds like a shoot out is going on haha. But seriously there are cars that do that intentionally isn't "rolling coal" just unburnt fuel? Maybe not where you live, but out here there are quite a bit of ricers and even late models like goats and firebirds that are tuned to dump that much gas in with straight pipes that will backfire. So to me in that sense rolling coat and have your car shoot flames or backfire is the same. Just look of 2jz supra. If that engine was a diesel it def be rolling coal.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: New York
NJ makes "rolling coal" illegal

Quote:

Exactly this. Its not so much the environment, its the toolbags doing it causing legit visual impairment for other drivers on the road.

You want to be disrespectful to a fellow member. Be prepared to get it back...

If it is a safety issue, then driving in dense fog should be illegal too.

I've seen coal rolled in person. It is way more dangerous to drive in dense fog. The diesel smoke dissipates with in seconds the fog stays dense until the sun burns it off. Bunch of babies is all I see here. Like I said controlling liberals.

Looks like someone else is the retarded one.

How many accidents have been reported from a rolling coal issue? How many accidents are the cause of dense fog?

Now shut up!

The liberal mind, is a terrible thing and it needs to waste.

🇺🇸
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2015, 10:22 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1STRRBD View Post
If it us a safety thing, then driving in dense fog should be illegal too.

I've seen coal rolled in person. It is way more dangerous to drive in dense fog. The diesel smoke dissipates with in seconds the fog stays dense until the sun burns it off. Bunch of babies is all I see here. Like I said controlling liberals.

Looks like someone else is the retarded one.

How many accidents have been reported from a rolling coal issue? How many accidents are the cause of dense fog?

Now shut up!

The retarded comment was directed at the part of your previous statement that I put in bold letters if that didn't make it obvious enough...

Driving in dense fog means you are going to go slow and be cautious, it isn't going to be clear one second and then black the next like it is if some moron in front of you decides to "roll coal" and you can't see all of a sudden.

I stand by my image since you can't seem to understand the difference or know what it means when someone uses bold font.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:
The retarded comment was directed at the part of your previous statement that I put in bold letters if that didn't make it obvious enough...

Driving in dense fog means you are going to go slow and be cautious, it isn't going to be clear one second and then black the next if some moron in front of you decides to "roll coal" and you can't see all of a sudden.

I stand by my image since you can't seem to understand the difference or know what it means when someone uses bold font.

Rolling coal happens at slow speeds too. Shut up!

I will not argue with liberals. They only care about their bias and nothing else. I will add very hypocritical at that too. Have a good night. Breathe in deeply next time.

🇺🇸
Old 05-18-2015, 10:30 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well this must be why I can't find a quality DPF dellete kit and spartan tuner for my f250 now.
Everywhere says"discontinued"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-18-2015, 10:37 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Rolling coal happens at slow speeds too. Shut up!

I will not argue with liberals. They only care about their bias and nothing else. I will add very hypocritical at that too. Have a good night. Breathe in deeply next time.

������������

Well we can pass laws to punish dip****s who blow black smoke all over the roads, can't do that with fog...

Control the controllable.

Anyone who doesn't want someone spraying black smoke all over the place when other ppl are driving on the roads must be one of them damn "hippy liberal ******bags" after all.

I did post the pic in response to you claiming that rolling coal from bio diesel would be good for the environment. Maybe its you who is breathing the fumes too deeply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Well this must be why I can't find a quality DPF dellete kit and spartan tuner for my f250 now.
Everywhere says"discontinued"

DIY or forum classifieds? Although if it is legit discontinued due to the EPA ppl are probably going to be jacking prices up...

Old 05-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

^ haven't checked on the forums. I could do the dellete myself, but the tuning issue is mainly what the problem is. Thats what they have discontinued all the "race tuners" local shops will not touch them either. My truck has 108,000 miles on it. And is having issues after issue with the whole dpf setup now. And warranty was up at 100k. So now it's time to rip it all out, but........ no go on finding it.

It may be a EPA thing. The one place I found will not ship to the USA due to legal issues. They were located in the us a year ago also.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:53 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

Pure DPF Delete, Your one stop auto shop

Those guys make you sign a waiver saying you'll only use the truck for race or offroad or whatever. Looks like they have the kits and tuners including Spartan.

Who knows. Its the internets, I'm sure someone has the stuff for sale somewhere...

Old 05-18-2015, 10:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pure DPF Delete, Your one stop auto shop

Those guys make you sign a waiver saying you'll only use the truck for race or offroad or whatever. Looks like they have the kits and tuners including Spartan.

Who knows. Its the internets, I'm sure someone has the stuff for sale somewhere...
That's actually the same site I checked last month. They said "discontinued" then. The waiver must be the loophole they found now.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:00 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

So what, now you are going to help Rap mod his truck Scotty?!?

He's just going to go out and roll coal with that thing...

I can tell that he is.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:42 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol, I am going to go out on a limb and assume the best. Deleting the EGR/DPF/other **** on these diesels is not something one does to "roll coal" it is something one does to make the motor not run like a bag of dicks. Although a lot of companies make "bulletpoof" EGR valves these days the DPF needs to go regardless.

Please note to anyone here I am not some bleeding heart who thinks a few enthusiasts modding their cars is going to hurt the environment with China/India basically free dumping pollutants into their water supplies and spewing god knows wtf into the air that makes its way eastwards to us. Or that livestock in the US produce 4x the CO2 as all the vehicles on the road combined. Etc... Etc...

I've just been that guy stuck behind the jerk with a modded diesel before with my kid in the car having a hard time seeing and I'm all for a law that would prevent that from happening again. NJ does have rural areas like I said but it also has places that are busy as **** and as I stated previously, morons who "roll coal" in said busy as **** locations ruined it for the responsible redneck who will only do it offroad or on a backroad where there isn't going to be much if any traffic.

/rant

Old 05-18-2015, 11:49 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I won't be the one blowing black smoke everywhere, I hate that **** just as much as the next person.

I just want it for the extra towing power and mileage. I pull a 40ft gooseneck regularly with mine. And with the trailer it gets about 9mpg right now.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:08 AM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
Well we can pass laws to punish dip****s who blow black smoke all over the roads, can't do that with fog...

Control the controllable.

Anyone who doesn't want someone spraying black smoke all over the place when other ppl are driving on the roads must be one of them damn "hippy liberal ******bags" after all.

I did post the pic in response to you claiming that rolling coal from bio diesel would be good for the environment. Maybe its you who is breathing the fumes too deeply?

DIY or forum classifieds? Although if it is legit discontinued due to the EPA ppl are probably going to be jacking prices up...

Again how many accident are the cause of rolling coal? That question seams to be avoided here. This is all about some liberal law maker in his/her Prius getting smoked out. Garanteed!

🇺🇸
Old 05-19-2015, 12:09 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Well, if all else fails, you can make one fairly easily.
I just cobbled up these cat deletes for my trucks. Nobody makes them so I had no choice but to fab them myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432012177914.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	182915  
Old 05-19-2015, 07:26 AM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Again how many accident are the cause of rolling coal? That question seams to be avoided here. This is all about some liberal law maker in his/her Prius getting smoked out. Garanteed!

🇺🇸
Signed into law by a Republican governor dude. Thanks for playing.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 05-20-2015, 01:16 AM   #52
Road Trip!

Signed in by a Rhino. A republican with democratic views. Nice try. You can keep playing.

🇺🇸
Old 05-20-2015, 01:26 AM   #53
Road Trip!

Yep it has to do more on pollutants than with safety. Assemblyman Tim Eustace (D) wrote the law after a pickup truck rolled coal on his Nissan Leaf.

Now what do you have to say? Told you it was a democratic liberal who got butt hurt.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...VJyjVbgGLg7NYw

So according to the law is is mostly about pollution. So if someone is burning bio diesel. How can he be ticketed for pollution?

I guess when someone beats the ticket. They will add an amendment for even more safety. It is all liberal BS!

🇺🇸
Old 05-20-2015, 01:33 AM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I'm against liberals and their crap but they have a point on safety. You cannot compare fog and rolling coal because the weather cannot be controlled, nor can you pull it over and give it a ticket for endangering driver's vision. I can see the positive in it now after further consideration. 5,000 bucks is steep though. It should be about like similar infractions that endanger lives. Hell, if we want to get technical, I would rather fine someone 5,000 for texting and driving as that has killed more people.

Disclaimer: I know he was a republican, I used that term since some say this. I could care less who signed it.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:36 AM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I'm against liberals and their crap but they have a point on safety. You cannot compare fog and rolling coal because the weather cannot be controlled, nor can you pull it over and give it a ticket for endangering driver's vision. I can see the positive in it now after further consideration. 5,000 bucks is steep though. It should be about like similar infractions that endanger lives. Hell, if we want to get technical, I would rather fine someone 5,000 for texting and driving as that has killed more people.

Disclaimer: I know he was a republican, I used that term since some say this. I could care less who signed it.

The law is mostly about pollutants and very little about safety.

🇺🇸
Old 05-20-2015, 01:45 AM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
The law is mostly about pollutants and very little about safety.

🇺🇸
Semantics really. I hate other instances where the EPA uses the environment to pass some new bull**** regulation while aircraft carriers simply dump their **** in the ocean (just a single example out of a ton of them). All about money with everything.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:54 AM   #57
Road Trip!

Be careful Famine you will get your post deleted for to much BS. However some guys on here get a free ride.

🇺🇸
Old 05-20-2015, 10:53 AM   #58
Staff
Regular
Staff

Was waiting for the RINO card... Which is how it's spelled, not like the animal seeing as it's an acronym. And an acronym used by teabaggers against anyone in the party who dares work with the left at all. Just FYI, Reagan would be a "RINO" based on his policies and voting record but he's the republican idol for whatever reason.

The law is a good law, rolling coal is the diesel equivalent to a fart can on a ricer. Glad it is explicitly banned.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #59
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Can't we all agree it's not safe, and the government sucks. And possible leave it at that.

Adventure till you drop
Old 05-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #60
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Can't we all agree it's not safe, and the government sucks. And possible leave it at that.

Adventure till you drop
My feelings in a nutshell. Current govt is obstructionist and non functional and I'd love to see most of them voted out on both sides. This law is a good law tho.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #61
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I've been passed by a prius 2x recently (prob same one..similar time/location on my early AM commute) I'm glad I'm Man enough to not let it bother me.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff

^Those ****ers ride in the left lane with 80+mph traffic just like everyone else in NJ. Hell if you are doing any less than 80mph in the left lane on the NJ Turnpike/Parkway you are getting run off the road. Like I said before, great commuter cars for ppl who have long drives.

Guy I bought my blue 98GT had one for a commuter car and his replacement car for the GT was a 1999 Corvette with a HCI and all emissions stuff removed. Yeah that guy sure was a tree hugging liberal hippy all right...

Old 05-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #63
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
it was on a two lane blacktop....
Old 05-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #64
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol

Old 05-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #65
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
^Those ****ers ride in the left lane with 80+mph traffic just like everyone else in NJ. Hell if you are doing any less than 80mph in the left lane on the NJ Turnpike/Parkway you are getting run off the road. Like I said before, great commuter cars for ppl who have long drives.

Guy I bought my blue 98GT had one for a commuter car and his replacement car for the GT was a 1999 Corvette with a HCI and all emissions stuff removed. Yeah that guy sure was a tree hugging liberal hippy all right...

Precisely.

And the law is ideal for this *** who has no respect for anyone else but himself. http://youtu.be/ZdDxjge5hmY

Yes bicyclists can be annoying but when they are on the side of the road and obeying traffic there is no need to coal them out.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Happen to watch the one where they ask a girl if she smokes? Lol
Old 05-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #67
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Precisely.

And the law is ideal for this *** who has no respect for anyone else but himself. http://youtu.be/ZdDxjge5hmY

Yes bicyclists can be annoying but when they are on the side of the road and obeying traffic there is no need to coal them out.

This is the most ignorant thing I've seen today. This should be illegal, oh wait now it is. Thank you for that. 👍🏻

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 05-20-2015, 02:14 PM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
https://youtu.be/A9vLNbFMPr4
Old 05-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
it was on a two lane blacktop....
Well we are going to come and take your "Man card" away from you if we hear of this happening again!
At least speed up a little when he does it again... Make it difficult for him!
Old 05-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Precisely.

You may have just found the only legitimate use for rolling coal!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar