NJ makes "rolling coal" illegal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
NJ makes "rolling coal" illegal

New Jersey Just Explicitly Banned Rolling Coal

Enforcement is going to be amusing... Im all for this btw, this sort of asshattery is legit dangerous and just plain stupid.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Hmm interesting. Wonder how they will target it and if it will be
Mainly for dbags doing it excessively and on purpose.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I wish they would ban the word bro, and ban tanning beds in NJ lol. Jk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I wish they would ban the word bro, and ban tanning beds in NJ lol. Jk
Eh... if that's all we have to worry about that's nothing.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

You guys can take our meth production/consumption problem!
Old 05-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
You guys can take our meth production/consumption problem!
I hear ya. We have one right down the street that has been busted but continues to operate out of an rv like they're trying to be breaking bad.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

It is really bad here. In starting to see teens with rotting teeth and track marks
Old 05-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
They should definitely focus their attention elsewhere. Those guys who are "rolling coal" (first time hearing that) are dbags though. I've been behind a few trucks that have left a huge cloud of black smoke with my windows down.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
There is actually a number to call and report vehicles that are smoking, here in CA.

Lol
I have no idea what the state does when it receives such reports. Probably nothing...
Old 05-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its just something else to actually put into writing obviously. I hope I see some asshat pulled over for it though. "Rolling coal" is so ****ing stupid its not even funny. They call it "Prius repellent"... um... I know Mustang guys who DD Priuses because they get like 50mpg and they commute 100 miles a day, not because they are trying to make some statement.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:14 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Its just something else to actually put into writing obviously. I hope I see some asshat pulled over for it though. "Rolling coal" is so ****ing stupid its not even funny. They call it "Prius repellent"... um... I know Mustang guys who DD Priuses because they get like 50mpg and they commute 100 miles a day, not because they are trying to make some statement.
Agreed. It's likely they're pissed from that group of liberal prick prius drivers that follow them to a parking lot to ***** at them about the huge truck they decided to purchase. Then the guy goes and puts the video on social media and here we are.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:34 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I can't stand this. It will never go away though.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 05-14-2015, 01:01 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
There is actually a number to call and report vehicles that are smoking, here in CA.

Lol

I have no idea what the state does when it receives such reports. Probably nothing...

They send you a letter haha my friend got one its just a bunch of bs tho
Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Amen to N.J.; I hope Florida either inforces the Federal law, or creates one like the one N.J. just did.

It can, and will go away if laws such as this are made and inforced. If you don't like stupid street actions such as rolling coal, make some noise about it.

I spent 5 years in Germany; Frankfurt and Manheim. Absolutely zero tolorance for this sort of thing, or any of the other stupid street actions that folks here in the U.S. think is fun, funny, or worse, "their right to do as an American".

There, you loose your license for up to 1 year. Get caught driving while under this suspension, a perminant loss. After one year, you pay about a grand to get it back, which involves taking classes, passing exams, and a few road tests. And they have yearly automobile inspections. It'd expensive and tough to get your initial drivers license there in the first place.

Driving there is truly a priveledge, and not just a "right".
Old 05-14-2015, 05:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Amen to N.J.; I hope Florida either inforces the Federal law, or creates one like the one N.J. just did.

It can, and will go away if laws such as this are made and inforced. If you don't like stupid street actions such as rolling coal, make some noise about it.

I spent 5 years in Germany; Frankfurt and Manheim. Absolutely zero tolorance for this sort of thing, or any of the other stupid street actions that folks here in the U.S. think is fun, funny, or worse, "their right to do as an American".

There, you loose your license for up to 1 year. Get caught driving while under this suspension, a perminant loss. After one year, you pay about a grand to get it back, which involves taking classes, passing exams, and a few road tests. And they have yearly automobile inspections. It'd expensive and tough to get your initial drivers license there in the first place.

Driving there is truly a priveledge, and not just a "right".

Or even better, if you get caught you have to get your car smogged every couple of months
Old 05-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah Germany does not **** around and even the drivers dont tolerate stupid ****. Even driving in the left lane and not passing and it's your ***.

I've been of the opinion for a long time that it needs to be much harder to get license in the first place and real world road tests every 2-4 years should be mandatory.

Half the people in the USA would lose their license.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 05-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Region: New York

I know what rolling coal is. My question is. Can you roll coal while burning bio diesel? If so that would be good for the environment right. The building of the batteries in the hybrids causes more pollution than than all coal rollers in America.

All this is, Is the controlling liberals being stupid idiots.

🇺🇸
Old 05-18-2015, 05:58 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black95GT View Post
Welcome to the Boards, Like the rear window decal where you get it?
It's not really an environmental thing it it more of a safety thing. If a guy in a Cummins has a turn down and is rolling coal in front of you you can't see anything at all. Rolling coal out of stacks isn't that big of a deal but the normal axleback style makes it dabgerous
Old 05-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1STRRBD View Post
I know what rolling coal is. My question is. Can you roll coal while burning bio diesel? If so that would be good for the environment right. The building of the batteries in the hybrids causes more pollution than than all coal rollers on America.

All this is, Is the controlling liberals being stupid idiots.

🇺🇸

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
It's not really an environmental thing it it more of a safety thing. If a guy in a Cummins has a turn down and is rolling coal in front of you you can't see anything at all. Rolling coal out of stacks isn't that big of a deal but the normal axleback style makes it dabgerous
Exactly this. Its not so much the environment, its the toolbags doing it causing legit visual impairment for other drivers on the road.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:19 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

I really have no problem at all with it if it is out stacks.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh... what if its something like a big rig behind the idiot "rolling coal" and that rig runs a light because he couldn't see and kills someone? I mean most long haul drivers are real experienced but that's not everyone driving a Semi. That's just one example I can think of.

And I love how people call these laws "liberal bull****" or whatever... How about its a really smart safety measure to punish morons who think this sort of thing is cool so they don't get someone killed?

Old 05-18-2015, 06:28 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Eh... what if its something like a big rig behind the idiot "rolling coal" and that rig runs a light because he couldn't see and kills someone? I mean most long haul drivers are real experienced but that's not everyone driving a Semi. That's just one example I can think of.

And I love how people call these laws "liberal bull****" or whatever... How about its a really smart safety measure to punish morons who think this sort of thing is cool so they don't get someone killed?
Didn't really think of that one. People don't really roll coal in town around here. Most are smart and gorgeous enough to do it out in the country. Rolling coal in town should for sure he illegal and monitored.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

I've only seen one or two people do it when I was commuting to where I used to live but I did get behind one of those guys once and I had to make sure to give him a really wide berth because he was blowing black smoke all over the place. Not only was it hard to see there was the smell too. Again, ZERO problem with this law. Hopefully the cops here are strict with it and issue mandatory fix it tickets to anyone they pull over.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I've only seen one or two people do it when I was commuting to where I used to live but I did get behind one of those guys once and I had to make sure to give him a really wide berth because he was blowing black smoke all over the place. Not only was it hard to see there was the smell too. Again, ZERO problem with this law. Hopefully the cops here are strict with it and issue mandatory fix it tickets to anyone they pull over.
Yeah the smell is bad. I had a Cummins roll coal into my window that was down and I followed him all the way to Wal-Mart and *****ed at him for it. But after all New Jersey is the garden state!
Old 05-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

The only argument I see for it being "okay" is that in regular gas cars when you add more air to your engine you need more gas and there's plenty of cars that shoot flames and backfire from so much gas being in the exhaust. So if all those cars were Diesels they'd be Rowling coal yet no one complains about them. So it would kinda be "unfair" to the diesel people by banning it and not doing anything to the gas crowd. I get that it's not an exact comparison between the two but pretty close. But there should be something done about it especially within city limits or at stop lights/signs
Old 05-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
The only argument I see for it being "okay" is that in regular gas cars when you add more air to your engine you need more gas and there's plenty of cars that shoot flames and backfire from so much gas being in the exhaust. So if all those cars were Diesels they'd be Rowling coal yet no one complains about them. So it would kinda be "unfair" to the diesel people by banning it and not doing anything to the gas crowd. I get that it's not an exact comparison between the two but pretty close. But there should be something done about it especially within city limits or at stop lights/signs
Yeah but people with those issues on their gas cars aren't doing it intentionally, they are doing it because their motor is about to blow and they either can't afford to get it fixed or it JUST started happening and they're trying to get it home or to a shop. In most cases that car will not be in the road long.

And you really can't say "well if they were all diesels" because... well... its not the case. You can get your car towed for not having cats too and that applies to everyone. I went 7 years in NJ/DE with an OR pipe and no problem but if I had ever gotten a cop who really cared then who knows. My buddy got pulled over ON THE SAME DAY he installed his OR pipe in Wisconsin and they gave him a fix it ticket.

One reason the pipe going on my 2000 has high flow cats. And then there are the guys I work with who run the pipes and say "well I am registered in XYZ state and we don't have emissions" and I try to explain to them its a federal offense and any cop who pulls you over can tow the car if the cats are gone no matter where its registered. Some ppl have to learn the hard way.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah any cop anywhere can give you a ticket without cats. You should see trucks rolling coal with farm diesel, that legitametly blacks out the road.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm all for rolling coal my son who is three loves to see a diesel roll coal, I have even got a few guys to roll coal for him.

This is just one more form of goverment censorship and registration. Be it a vehicle, a gun, or dog.....

Sure enough if every truck in America that was diesel was rolling coal it could cause some environmental problems. Ask a liberal how great for the environment those batteries in his hybrid are.....

I myself like to see it happen, a truck rolling coal, but I hate stacks the only kind of truck stacks belong on is a Mack, Peterbuilt, or Kenthworth. That's just IMO......

Ever seen someone dancing and waving a Little Ceasars sign get rolled on, it's funny and priceless!
Old 05-18-2015, 07:00 PM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
I'm all for rolling coal my son who is three loves to see a diesel roll coal, I have even got a few guys to roll coal for him.

This is just one more form of goverment censorship and registration. Be it a vehicle, a gun, or dog.....

Sure enough if every truck in America that was diesel was rolling coal it could cause some environmental problems. Ask a liberal how great for the environment those batteries in his hybrid are.....

I myself like to see it happen, a truck rolling coal, but I hate stacks the only kind of truck stacks belong on is a Mack, Peterbuilt, or Kenthworth. That's just IMO......

Ever seen someone dancing and waving a Little Ceasars sign get rolled on, it's funny and priceless!
As has been stated many times... this is also about safety on the roads. If you are behind one of these idiots "rolling coal" and all of a sudden you can't see and your kid is in the car I bet you change your tune real fast.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:36 PM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Thought this was funny especially since it's jersey

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1431999365.863589.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	182903

Not all about rolling coal but still funny

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 05-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As has been stated many times... this is also about safety on the roads. If you are behind one of these idiots "rolling coal" and all of a sudden you can't see and your kid is in the car I bet you change your tune real fast.
I'm sure some idiots take it to far but I drive a truck and live in a rural community where rolling coal is popular. I give a truck space I drive with three truck lengths between me and the vehicle in front of me when going through town.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
^ Chattanooga is sweet are you on look out mountain?
I'd be curious what some of my fiends would say about the situation. Being they are in the Rogers group hierarchy, maybe their input could shed some light on the situation.

Adventure till you drop
Old 05-18-2015, 09:04 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

No Flat Top Mountain and town is Dunlap or Soddy-Daisy.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Ah, not too far then. I stayed at covenant college for a youth trip way back when.

Adventure till you drop
Old 05-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah but people with those issues on their gas cars aren't doing it intentionally, they are doing it because their motor is about to blow and they either can't afford to get it fixed or it JUST started happening and they're trying to get it home or to a shop. In most cases that car will not be in the road long.

And you really can't say "well if they were all diesels" because... well... its not the case. You can get your car towed for not having cats too and that applies to everyone. I went 7 years in NJ/DE with an OR pipe and no problem but if I had ever gotten a cop who really cared then who knows. My buddy got pulled over ON THE SAME DAY he installed his OR pipe in Wisconsin and they gave him a fix it ticket.

One reason the pipe going on my 2000 has high flow cats. And then there are the guys I work with who run the pipes and say "well I am registered in XYZ state and we don't have emissions" and I try to explain to them its a federal offense and any cop who pulls you over can tow the car if the cats are gone no matter where its registered. Some ppl have to learn the hard way.

Have you ever seeing a supra revving their engine? Sounds like a shoot out is going on haha. But seriously there are cars that do that intentionally isn't "rolling coal" just unburnt fuel? Maybe not where you live, but out here there are quite a bit of ricers and even late models like goats and firebirds that are tuned to dump that much gas in with straight pipes that will backfire. So to me in that sense rolling coat and have your car shoot flames or backfire is the same. Just look of 2jz supra. If that engine was a diesel it def be rolling coal.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar