Idea to think about - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Idea to think about

On a VW forum I used to participate in, we had a site database which offered a phone number and general location of site members that were willing to help out a fellow site member if their car broke down. In the case of our VW's (mostly Buses, westy's (campers), and Vanagons, it allowed a member who may have been passing through a town, had a breakdown, and needed some help.

Anyone think this would be a good idea to start something like this for a fellow Mustang owner? It would be strickly volunteer of course, and would be strongly suggested that it be used for breakdowns that could be assisted by a fellow member of this site; not to help perform a mod.

Comments?
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Like, as in giving troubleshooting advice over the phone or are we looking for a fellow stang owner to help drive someone somewhere if needed?
Old 05-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Not a bad idea even if you couldn't fix the car at least the local person would know a good and reputable garage or towing service.
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I would actually like helping people with mods. Lol. Way more fun. I would have no problem helping anyone in a situation like that. Not sure I would really want my number out there though.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yeah the mod part could be fun as well but the number is could only be accessed by the moderators and given once permission is expressed by the helping member of ME and then the broke down member of ME would know help is on the way.

Basically this system would work like a dispatch system used in Fire/EMS/LE they would know who is coming in a situation.

Of course on a rock crawling/rock bouncing forum I'm on its post up a thread on general chat, see who responds, and swap number in a pm.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar