Anyone else watching the NBA or NHL finals? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Anyone else watching the NBA or NHL finals?

Watched the whole Tampa/Chicago game last night, Lightning **** the bed. Watching Cavs/Warriors right now... Lebron is a god on the court. He is out and the Warriors get the lead, comes back in and the Cavs go back up. Back and forth right now.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 01:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Don't watch hockey and haven't seen any of the nba playoffs. I cut my cable TV a couple months ago and abc won't come in with the antenna. I heard the game went into overtime with warriors coming out on top. I prefer them to win over the cavs. I like to keep trophies on th west coast.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:30 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I have been a LeBron fan since 6th grade. My best friend got me really into him back then. This is a pretty poor team he drug to the finals though. That goal the lightning got was ridiculous though lol
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 05:03 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Been away from the pro sports as of late; watched the UF ladies softball team win the national championship. The wife and I have friends that have a daughter on that team, and a son that plays on the mens baseball team. That series (mens baseball) starts tonight, so we will be watching that.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Watched the second half of the Cavs Warriors game due to having a meeting earlier in the game. Lebron looked good but he looked like he was by himself. Especially with Kyrie maybe done for the rest. Unless Lebron can be more efficient it's Golden State all the way.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Watched the nba finals game from start to finish! Great game and it's good the Warriors won, but the series will be over if Kyrie Irving misses games from that injury.

Ingot silver 5.0
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Should be a great finals, i felt bad for Kyrie little man got mad game. Lebron was BEAST mode, but you can't bring a battle axe when they got snipers... lol

At one time LeBron was amped after driving hard to the paint scoring 2pts talking to the crowd, then Steph and Clay nailed to big 3's and were like "ugggh you say something"...lol

Black 2008 GT "If it ain't hooking, it ain't booking"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I have been a LeBron fan since 6th grade. My best friend got me really into him back then. This is a pretty poor team he drug to the finals though. That goal the lightning got was ridiculous though lol
I'm a huge LeBron fan honestly. I didn't like how he left Cleveland with "The Decision" I think that was really stupid on his part and honestly I also think a lot of it was ESPN and his agent with $$$$ signs for an hour of massive ratings. We all do a lot of stupid stuff when we are young, he could be doing a LOT of other stuff that pro-athletes have been in the news for lately but he is a stand up role model and he dumps a ton of money back into the community too.

This is a piss poor team he has right now. Healthy Kyrie and Love=Cavs win this in 6 easy. Dellavadova looked lost last night subbing for Kyrie and whenever LeBron came out to rest the Warriors went on scoring runs. I was actually kind of impressed by Mozgov of all ppl, dude was giving it his best shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Been away from the pro sports as of late; watched the UF ladies softball team win the national championship. The wife and I have friends that have a daughter on that team, and a son that plays on the mens baseball team. That series (mens baseball) starts tonight, so we will be watching that.
I actually watched the first two games of that series with my 6 year old daughter. I like how the networks are showing more and more women's sports or at least making it more mainstream. Want her to see that if she wants to play sports she can do pretty much everything that boys can especially when her jerk cousin will tell her that "girls can't do x or y".

And in all honesty, I found those games way more entertaining than baseball games I've seen recently. Faster paced, those girls were not messing around AT ALL and the game was done in like 2 hours, not sitting 4 hours watching baseball players screw off taking forever getting though 9 innings. I was rooting for Michigan tho

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:32 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Well, you know who I was rooting for (Go Gators!).

I too like the fact that the ladies are getting a much fairer coverage of TV sports time now.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:09 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

He had to leave though, the way he did it was kind of lame. They refused to build a team around him lol
Old 06-05-2015, 03:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've been watch the NHL. I could see the game change at the start of the 3rd. And when Chicago scared the first I new it was over.
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
He had to leave though, the way he did it was kind of lame. They refused to build a team around him lol
Yeah that whole "Decision" was a big joke it sponsored a great cause but why make a spectacle out it. Lost respect for him in the Miami days but coming to delivery a ring to a city that sadly needs one earned my vote....

But Chef Curry is not from this planet man too much firepower on his squad

Old 06-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Yeah that whole "Decision" was a big joke it sponsored a great cause but why make a spectacle out it. Lost respect for him in the Miami days but coming to delivery a ring to a city that sadly needs one earned my vote....

But Chef Curry is not from this planet man too much firepower on his squad

Kyrie has a fractured knee cap. If the Cavs somehow win this title it will be an amazing feat
Old 06-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Cleveland deserves some form of championship so f'n bad but then again it shows MAX contract players like LeBron and a few others that yes you're worth every penny sir,but you not leaving enough pie for others to join you and eat.

Curry is so underpaid right now its criminal, i mean guys like Bogut are getting more than he is but look at the team Curry has. More money to add quality players.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Cleveland deserves some form of championship so f'n bad but then again it shows MAX contract players like LeBron and a few others that yes you're worth every penny sir,but you not leaving enough pie for others to join you and eat.

LeBron has been the best player in the league for 10 years now. He has always been in the range of 7th to 10th highest paid player. He left and has always left enough pie lol
Old 06-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

It would be great to see him get it done but he has a ring, so i tend to root for the guy trying to finally reach the mountain top for the first time

Old 06-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah Kyrie is done and ppl are losing their **** that Blatt played him too much (he did) or if LeBron or Shumpert had made either shot Kyrie would not have got hurt... IMHO we was going to get badly hurt in game 2 if there was no OT in game 1. I also do agree that LeBron should have driven to the basket on that last possession. Iguadala was not going to stop him and he would have either scored or been fouled. That's his only real issue is shot selection sometimes...

In other news, Hawks/Lightning tomorrow I guess. I hate how they do 2 days between games for both NHL and NBA but I guess they have to stretch it out lol.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:59 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Ive been watching the nba playoffs this whole season. I wish cleaveland was at full health to make it a better series but you never can count them out with Lebron on their team. Im a Lebron fan but Ive always been a Curry fan as well I love his game and his story. All in all Ill be happy with a golden state win, they have great fans and have been waiting a very long time, not as long as Cleveland but....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well if Cleveland even gets to game 6 in this series now I will be amazed and LeBron should get playoff MVP even if the Cavs lose... If Shumpert and JR Smith can start hitting 3s again and Dellavadova... stops being scared of Curry, who knows.

As far as the NHL game last night, that was a damn good game. This series is going to go 7, pulling for Tampa to win it mainly for Eastern Conference and a few other reasons. Bishop needs to be ok tho but even with a backup goalie in you never know with this team.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Wow Cavs win. LeBron SHOULD have won it in regulation AGAIN but they got the win in the end. Scary thing is if LeBron hits both those shots they are up 2-0 and Kyrie might still be playing.

That's the only knock on him, he can't just rip your heart out like Jordan or Kobe could.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

As many playoff game winners as Jordan
That is the first time in finals history that a team without 2 of their top 3 scorers has won a vame,though. Magic couldn't even do it
Old 06-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
As many playoff game winners as Jordan
That is the first time in finals history that a team without 2 of their top 3 scorers has won a vame,though. Magic couldn't even do it
I love how they constantly come up with the most random 'first time in history' 'first time in finals history' 'first time since..' facts.

first time the first 2 games went to OT!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:36 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I love how they constantly come up with the most random 'first time in history' 'first time in finals history' 'first time since..' facts.

first time the first 2 games went to OT!
That is Pretty darn impressive though
Old 06-08-2015, 06:05 AM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

The ESPN stat crew must get like... bonuses for coming up with the most inane BS facts like that... they probably get off on it.

LeBron does have as many game winners as Jordan but they aren't falling for him in this series for some reason. A LOT of his shots are not going in honestly, maybe something is wrong with a hand or wrist or elbow and he's getting shot up in the training room before the games? Would not surprise me if he's loaded up on Toradol or something at this point in the season with as beat up as he is.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:29 AM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The ESPN stat crew must get like... bonuses for coming up with the most inane BS facts like that... they probably get off on it.

LeBron does have as many game winners as Jordan but they aren't falling for him in this series for some reason. A LOT of his shots are not going in honestly, maybe something is wrong with a hand or wrist or elbow and he's getting shot up in the training room before the games? Would not surprise me if he's loaded up on Toradol or something at this point in the season with as beat up as he is.
His shots haven't been falling all playoffs to be honest. He has a bad back from logging so many minutes over the years. Only other person with more in a 5 year span is Larry bird... We all know how his back is lol.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

It's hard to choose sides because i end up rooting for both teams...lol Refs are killing these games though, guys are walking on water and still no whistle.

Steph was off tonight and the team as a whole just played sloppy basketball, normally they are more crisp and clean passing the ball around. Greene tossed two alley's up to section 504B twice. WTF

Old 06-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #27
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
His shots haven't been falling all playoffs to be honest. He has a bad back from logging so many minutes over the years. Only other person with more in a 5 year span is Larry bird... We all know how his back is lol.
Could be, but Bird was not the physical freak Lebron is.

Quote:
It's hard to choose sides because i end up rooting for both teams...lol Refs are killing these games though, guys are walking on water and still no whistle.

Steph was off tonight and the team as a whole just played sloppy basketball, normally they are more crisp and clean passing the ball around. Greene tossed two alley's up to section 504B twice. WTF

Agree that the Warriors were off but the refs... they'd call fouls on nothing and then in OT LeBron gets hacked right across the forearms right in front of the ref and nope... The one where JR Smith fouled out after Curry jumped INTO him... no idea.

I'm rooting for the Cavs honestly just so the Jordan fellaters can stuff it (for like 5 min maybe lol). And this is coming from someone who grew up as a kid in the era where Jordan was in his prime and seeing all the ads and all the kids with rich parents had the shoes and Space Jam etc... etc...

Old 06-08-2015, 09:15 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Could be, but Bird was not the physical freak Lebron is.

Agree that the Warriors were off but the refs... they'd call fouls on nothing and then in OT LeBron gets hacked right across the forearms right in front of the ref and nope... The one where JR Smith fouled out after Curry jumped INTO him... no idea.

I'm rooting for the Cavs honestly just so the Jordan fellaters can stuff it (for like 5 min maybe lol). And this is coming from someone who grew up as a kid in the era where Jordan was in his prime and seeing all the ads and all the kids with rich parents had the shoes and Space Jam etc... etc...

Shooters jump in to people all season long to draw fouls. What was any different with this one? I was pretty confused when people complained about it because it happens all the time. Doesn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm... i like LeBron he's kool and all but man if my life depended on a 7 game series i'd choose 1. Jordan 2.Kobe 3.Lebron

Old 06-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Shooters jump in to people all season long to draw fouls. What was any different with this one? I was pretty confused when people complained about it because it happens all the time. Doesn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
He was complaining about the rule in General which makes sense. You should be able to jump and land without getting a foul. But oh well
Old 06-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Just to show how impartial the refs are for the Cavs. LeBron baseball slides into Curry and gets no foul called, if that was Lebron and iguodala does that its a foul everytime. I call B.S.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Go hawks!
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar