Finally: The Patriots super bowl ring is in - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:53 AM   #1
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Finally: The Patriots super bowl ring is in

Click image for larger version

Name:	superbowlring.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	187303
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
:beer:

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1437143456253.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	187315  
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I am from New England and I'd vote to take away the title.....

non-sports fan
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If it weren't for my Giants these idiots would have 6 rings in 12 years... Food for thought.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Finally: The Patriots super bowl ring is in

The thing about the deflating. You can't prove anything except the balls are deflated. You can't prove who did it or if it was even intentional. And the game that happened wasn't even close anyway, so it's not like it would have made any difference at all.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The thing about the deflating. You can't prove anything except the balls are deflated. You can't prove who did it or if it was even intentional. And the game that happened wasn't even close anyway, so it's not like it would have made any difference at all.

Have you seen the statistics on their fumble percentages since spygate? Very interesting
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:

True, but if Brady had let his phone records be looked at I would be more inclined to believe him. Also I understand it wasn't close but IF they did cheat (I can see Bill B doing something like this) that is just wrong and Mud wants everyone to play/live with honor.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:50 PM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Bucko's post was funny so there is that too.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If it weren't for my Giants these idiots would have 6 rings in 12 years... Food for thought.
True...say what you want about Eli, but dude is clutch against the Pats

Black 08GT "Spinning Ain't Winning"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Who gives a ***** about football anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Who gives a ***** about football anyways.

Football is America'$ sport... its not baseball everything about football personifies America.

If you're bigger, stronger and smarter you can beat the dog ***** outta your opponent

Old 07-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Football is America'$ sport... its not baseball everything about football personifies America.

If you're bigger, stronger and smarter you can beat the dog ***** outta your opponent

Any league that supports disarming Americans is not a American team.
Screw football.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

What are the odds they can actually disarm you?

Old 07-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What are the odds they can actually disarm?

Never said anything about the odds. I said they support it. Dont be that simple minded.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Why b i tch about being disarmed when they cant do it? Who's simple minded

Old 07-17-2015, 09:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

"Support it" they support it!!!
You know what that means?

I do not support anything that supports that. That's why I said screw football.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Well hate tell you pretty sure there's. A truck load of sh|t that you don't agree with...I'm more than certain life will proceed as planned

So let me get this correct ...you've never watched a SUPER BOWL GAME? ....EVER?

Old 07-17-2015, 10:12 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

I need to read up more on what they actually support. If its background checks 50 state wide, that's fine. If its some crazy jackass who wants to just take all firearms away... no.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well hate tell you pretty sure there's. A truck load of sh|t that you don't agree with...I'm more than certain life will proceed as planned

So let me get this correct ...you've never watched a SUPER BOWL GAME? ....EVER?

Lately, no have not watched a game in about 2 years probably. Never cared for it much. I played in high school and my dad played in college for LSU. But as far as professional football I really do not care for it

Was just raised doing other things.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:06 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I'm not much on pro football these days; more into college, although it too is full of thugs doing stupid things to get kicked out.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I'm not much on pro football these days; more into college, although it too is full of thugs doing stupid things to get kicked out.
In college the level of talent between schools is so lopsided, where in the pros you see who's the real deal out there. Everybody has all-americans and all-conference players any given Sunday somebody can lose. I cant watch a school get beat 63-7 that's just boring.

There are more players that give back to there communities and try to make a difference but that doesn't keep people interested. Scandals and chaos is what the media promotes because people like watching A train wreck.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:07 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Actually they can disarm you. The Second Amendment doesn't give you total rights on carrying on private property. The NFL banished all people carrying firearms, regardless if you have a CCW permit. Even police officers who are off-duty are not allowed in stadiums with their firearms.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:39 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

The gun debate is dead to me bro... I'm at the point no matter what point of view you have valid or not people are gonna believe what they want to believe.

Besides to you can't civil debate on here about anything without other members feeling they are the smartest person in the room...

Old 07-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

Also political discussions are not allowed on this forum per the rules everyone agreed to when they registered. I will leave it at that.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

The Colts played better with the deflated balls, scoring a whopping 7 points. When the full inflated balls were used, the Patriots scored a whopping 28points and the Colts scored zero.

The Colts should have kept their mouths shut. They couldn't play either way. It's not the balls fault that the Colts S*ck!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

It is a complete non issue. They beat the Colts DOWN in the 2nd half and then went on to beat the Seahawks. I mean its funny and I'll go with the jokes just like everyone else (even Obama got in on it) but if we are being serious about it actually affecting anything... no.

And now with the NFL upholding the 4 game suspension, which is incidentally the same suspension as a multi-offense domestic abuser (Greg Hardy) its going to go to court and the NFL is going to lose and lose badly and hopefully Goodell is done after this. He is a terribad commissioner and should have been gone when the Ray Rice videos went public.

To end this mini-rant... I'm starting to have a hard time watching the NFL... Too many criminals, too many abuses by the league against the "rank and file" players, the fact that they are considered a non-profit is ridiculous and people take it way too damn seriously like life depends on it. I am actually starting to warm back up to college ball which is not great in some of those respects but at least the "Power 5" is finally looking like it's going to tell the NCAA to go eff itself and start giving the players stipends and lifting some of the completely asinine regulations on these "amateur" athletes.

/rant

Old 08-12-2015, 04:57 AM   #27
Admin

Supporter
Admin

If some of your "stipends" are payment to play, then college football will dry up. This was discussed a few years ago; only about 10% of colleges could afford to pay their entire athletic teams (there's more then just football in college). Then the discussion continued to where it would stop; high school, little league? Folks attend those games to watch and be entertained too. I think the payment of athletes should be at the so called "pro" level, as it makes the college and lower level players work a bit harder to get that fat contract.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:49 AM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

The money disparity is already happening and has been for a long time. The big schools being able to pay the high roller coaches $$$$$ to come and recruit for them. Vs a smaller school that is on a shoestring budget and can't compete with the "power 5" schools but they still have programs and can be competitive. I mean look at Boise St for those 4 or 5 years they were ridiculously good and they won a BCS bowl to back it up.

But in the end the $$$$$$ from the "10% of colleges" wins out. I mean when Michigan and Alabama can entice NFL coaches to leave for college with all they are offering... Alabama turned into an immediate powerhouse, Ohio State gives Urban Meyer basically a blank check and they go straight to the top and give Harbaugh 3 years tops and Michigan will be back to what it was in the late 90s. That's just a few examples. Yet they can't pay the players a little with all that green being thrown around...

Giving the kids a few $thousand a month stipend and taking better care of them vs treating them like meat is not a huge deal when $billions are being made off of college football right now. Might stop the stupidity of things like players getting suspended for ebaying their own personal memorabilia because they wanted some spending money to go out and do whatever. That sort of thing.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #29
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:

Giving the kids a few $thousand a month stipend and taking better care of them vs treating them like meat is not a huge deal when $billions are being made off of college football right now. Might stop the stupidity of things like players getting suspended for ebaying their own personal memorabilia because they wanted some spending money to go out and do whatever. That sort of thing.
Won't happen. Not all schools can afford coaches as you mentioned, and therefore not the players either. Maybe a few dozen, but it would have to include all college players, not just football. This is the problem.
Then the high school athletes will want payment, and then other sports leagues that play in front of spectators.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
The money disparity is already happening and has been for a long time. The big schools being able to pay the high roller coaches $$$$$ to come and recruit for them. Vs a smaller school that is on a shoestring budget and can't compete with the "power 5" schools but they still have programs and can be competitive. I mean look at Boise St for those 4 or 5 years they were ridiculously good and they won a BCS bowl to back it up.

But in the end the $$$$$$ from the "10% of colleges" wins out. I mean when Michigan and Alabama can entice NFL coaches to leave for college with all they are offering... Alabama turned into an immediate powerhouse, Ohio State gives Urban Meyer basically a blank check and they go straight to the top and give Harbaugh 3 years tops and Michigan will be back to what it was in the late 90s. That's just a few examples. Yet they can't pay the players a little with all that green being thrown around...

Kellen Moore for the win! He had his team up 70 points on us in the first half when we played them his senior year lol
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Won't happen. Not all schools can afford coaches as you mentioned, and therefore not the players either. Maybe a few dozen, but it would have to include all college players, not just football. This is the problem.
Then the high school athletes will want payment, and then other sports leagues that play in front of spectators.
Let the big schools pay the best players who already will only go to those schools anyway and the small time schools will still get good players trying to get drafted just like they do now.

I don't see the problem with it. As for other leagues... well they won't get as much if at all. Nobody is lining up in huge numbers to watch professional water polo (example) so there is no reason for college players in less popular sports to expect anything besides a free ride nor the colleges to have any incentive to give it to them. American Football is the golden goose right now, that's where the money is. Not to mention its also the sport where the players are putting themselves at the most risk. That's a whole other can of worms.

As for high schoolers wanting to get paid... that's not a $billion dollar industry. It is big in some states don't get me wrong but its not the same thing. And they are minors. College athletes are all legal adults.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:36 AM   #32
Admin

Supporter
Admin

You know as well as I do that selectively paying players in any league, and no one else will never fly; the lawyers and courts would tie that up for years. It takes a team to win, which is why everyone gets paid. Sure, some more than others, but everyone gets a cut.
If they use the reasoning that its entertainment, then it won't stop with college athletes.

In the long run, spectators like you and me will not be able to afford these games either. I can't recall the last time I attended an NFL game in person; just too expensive. And if I use my excuse of watching it for free at home, well, my monthly cable bill says otherwise!
Old 08-13-2015, 06:33 AM   #33
Staff
Regular
Staff

Not paying select players, setting up a stipend program for everyone on the team which is what they have been talking about. Kind of like some grad students get stipends to attend depending on the program. Not every grad student gets a stipend...

Eh, agree to disagree. I DO agree that its prohibitively expensive for anything to do with the NFL these days, if not for advertising revenue it would be impossible to watch. I have only gone to NFL games where I've gotten free tickets and I have only had Sunday Ticket on two DTV promos for free as well. The fact that they still get non-profit status is mind boggling to me btw... like...seriously.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar