Sad sad world we are living in. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Sad sad world we are living in.

Sad day for those in Virginia today. Gotta feel for people just doing their jobs and messed up people just come and take it all away. Turns out the reporters bf/fiancé was watching his girl be killed in realtime, he was in the control room back at the office the time this was happening. Sucks having to watch and read about these types of events. And no I'm not preaching gun restrictions Im all for self protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I agree it's sad... It's not guns, weapons, cars, it's ppl. Ppl kill bottom Line... my heart goes out to those that lost their loved ones

Sent from the back seat
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
This country has been headed in a terrible direction for some time. People stuck watching other people live on reality crap TV. Not educating themselves with real news and the breakdown of the family structure and lack of discipline. It's only going to get worse sorry to say.

Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Same goes to that nutcase in the CO shooting. 11 out of 12 jurors were all for the death sentence but because 1 of 12 was opposed the prick gets to rot away in a jail or until he kills himself in there. In CO decisions have to be unanimous for death penalties. Fortunately the judge did give him the maximum sentence possible. But why make tax payers pay for someone to continue life when he so easily and willing wiped out so many others life. This politically correct govt. need to clear way and let some real ppl be in charge. Honestly think if we had our current administration in charge back when we at war with Japan they would've never dropped the atom bomb, fearing to many repercussions and potential loss of revenue from Japan and its allies. I for one can't wait for our next president to take over and hopefully do away with 90% of the bs that's been enacted recently. People need to grow a f***ing back bone if your broke go out and change it this is America and you can do just that!

Rant over.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Should've been a majority rule. 3,000+ years in jail, wow. Just use a bullet and get it over with.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Should've been a majority rule. 3,000+ years in jail, wow. Just use a bullet and get it over with.

Pick your poison.

But that would be politically incorrect so let's sugar coat it with a quick needle in the forearm oh wait can't do that either bc one person didn't have a backbone. If we don't stand for anything will fall for everything.
I think we all know a person or two who wouldn't mind going back to public hangings. Sure did convey a good message.. When you screw up like that your chance of forgiveness is over. And it let everyone know that there's zero tolerance for heinous crimes as such.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It's cheaper to keep them alive. It costs a ton of money trying to put them to death because of all the appeals. There should only be one allowable appeal then the sentence should be carried out.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
I don't give a **** about being politically correct. He killed what 12 people; he deserves to die 12 times in the same way he killed them. Just a bunch of ******* think he could change. Doesn't matter he did what he did and he deserves to die many times over for it. Needs to burn in hell.
End rant. Last couple of hours weren't good at work. Just letting off some steam.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
It's cheaper to keep them alive. It costs a ton of money trying to put them to death because of all the appeals. There should only be one allowable appeal then the sentence should be carried out.

I agree on the one appeal but i don't see how it'd be cheaper to feed& house him for the next 35 yrs over spending a few hundred dollars for lethal injection. I'll just say he's lucky he didn't do it in a death stare like Texas, they'd have him 6' under in just a few short years.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The price tag comes from the court process and draging the appeals process out for years. It's well documented that is cheaper to keep them alive than actually try them, win all the appeals and finally execute them.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I don't give a **** about being politically correct. He killed what 12 people; he deserves to die 12 times in the same way he killed them. Just a bunch of ******* think he could change. Doesn't matter he did what he did and he deserves to die many times over for it. Needs to burn in hell.
End rant. Last couple of hours weren't good at work. Just letting off some steam.

Pick your poison.

Your good man I wasn't correcting you just stating a variation of why it can't be that simple. To many people are offended by literally almost anything.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
While the acts that went down today are terrible, wouldn't you all agree that this thread only supports why these maniacs do these terrible things?

They want people to talk about it and debate about it. Terrible things happen everyday. People are shot and killed everyday. These people are no more important than any others who have died. We as a society need to stop being so consumed by these types of behaviors. By commercializing this type of thing we only feed into the next psychos evil plot.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
While the acts that went down today are terrible, wouldn't you all agree that this thread only supports why these maniacs do these terrible things?

They want people to talk about it and debate about it. Terrible things happen everyday. People are shot and killed everyday. These people are no more important than any others who have died. We as a society need to stop being so consumed by these types of behaviors. By commercializing this type of thing we only feed into the next psychos evil plot.

If we didn't have online place to rant then we would all just write books or make movies about it. This goes all the way back to Ted buddy the son of Sam btk Jeffery dahmer. As a free American we can and always will talk about current events. Good or bad.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Also before writing to a person online don't you think your voice would be better heard of you took the same time to write that but send it to major news companies fox cnn etc. who are broadcasting to millions an billions of people.

I'd also like to add I don't judge someone bc they have a different opinion about my opinion I wasn't raised that way.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with you 100% kona 👍🏻

Sent from the back seat
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:16 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

11,208 people died in 2013 alone from gun related homicides in the U.S. I suppose we should start a thread and talk about all these shootings as they happen from now on. These people are all equally as important as the ones who were shot and killed today on live TV right?

My point is that YOU and everyone who gets all wrapped up in these glamorized tragedies are only scraping the surface and encouraging future incidents by those wishing their crimes will be publicized and get them (the shooter) 5 minutes of fame.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
11,208 people died in 2013 alone from gun related homicides in the U.S. I suppose we should start a thread and talk about all these shootings as they happen from now on. These people are all equally as important as the ones who were shot and killed today on live TV right?

My point is that YOU and everyone who gets all wrapped up in these glamorized tragedies are only scraping the surface and encouraging future incidents by those wishing their crimes will be publicized and get them (the shooter) 5 minutes of fame.

Dude hop off if you don't like it. I'm sure you don't like fast n furious movies either as they promote street racing and having all these "tricked" out ricers running around as a result of it. Or all the goodfella, scarface type films that glorify illegal drug/organized crime bc they make thugs wanna sell more weight and buy bigger rims and houses. And it doesn't matter the crime nowadays everyone has a f'n camera and they'll record or share it anyway whether it be first or third person filming. If you strap a go pro to your chest with intentions of killing someone your already beyond hoping ppl will talk about it. You KNOW ppl will talk about it. I guess they shouldn't make a huge report when a serviceman opens fire on a U.S. Military base either that way others wouldn't get any kind of crazy ideas.

Like I said before this is my opinion I don't care that you don't agree but realize you can't bash someone's idea bc you don't see it fit. I'd still be the same person I was before this thread that says yea ox has a ba car. To each his own.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

^you have made my point.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
The price tag comes from the court process and draging the appeals process out for years. It's well documented that is cheaper to keep them alive than actually try them, win all the appeals and finally execute them.

Ahh I see what you mean I wasn't considering the appeals process but only the expense per yr to house an inmate vs the one time fee of lethal injection. Add in the appeals as you said an I totally see where the expenses would sky rocket.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I wish a good guy with a gun was there. Good people should be armed to the teeth and be everywhere
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I wish a good guy with a gun was there. Good people should be armed to the teeth and be everywhere

Yess or at the least a taser so the perp can be immobilized and beaten until cops arrive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar