Trying to "Get Swoll" - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2015, 08:41 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well of course I mean take them all lol.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

I got a variety in my play list, it gets weird at times

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #72
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I think I may be the king of murdering playlists...
Ask any of my friends. I am lol. I'll keep the same playlist for evveerrrr

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Well of course I mean take them all lol.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

I got a variety in my play list, it gets weird at times

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Slayer to Jay Z to S Club 7 to Tool to Lorde?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Slayer to Jay Z to S Club 7 to Tool to Lorde?

Lol
Who is S club 7 and lorde?

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #75
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm sure you've heard a Lorde song.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sure you've heard a Lorde song.

Name doesn't ring a bell. I will YouTube it and see

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:53 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
When I was active duty Marines I would do raps workout as he describes a few posts ago just like he says. I would do that routine and run at least 5 miles a day on top. Never really got into the supplements. You really do have to keep your body guessing. Don't force yourself into to much weight too soon and don't try to hurt yourself. I used to be a beast. But now my back says no. I'm trying to get back down in weight again myself with being limited to only walking on a treadmill.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Slater2111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #78
Staff
Regular
Staff

I just want to be able to rep a good weight comfortably and get back into the shape I was in in 2007. I'm still relatively young at 33, I know dudes who are damn near 50 who are still in ridiculous shape so... Obviously genetics has a lot to do with that.

Going to stop ****ing around with this tho, set my alarm to an hour earlier than normal and I'm going to concentrate on losing the weight first. Running 4 or 5 times per week and then taking breaks at work to do mild strength building exercises. Once I get back down into the 180s I'll start to look to put muscle on while keeping the fatassness off. That is the idea anyway.

My running buddy is going to be loving it at least. Big Irish Wolfhound loves going for runs, does not pull at all and when it starts to get cold it won't matter because they can be out in basically any cold temp.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:48 PM   #79
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

I wake up 8am monday-friday and go to the gym first thing before work/classes. monday and wednesday i only have one class each day and that isn't until 6pm so i just go to the gym at 9am then have work around 12, so it gives me about an hour and a half after my workout to get some homework in. Tuesday/Thursday, same thing but class at 11:30am. Over summer i was an evening gym guy, i would usually go around 7pm after work, but i'm kind of liking these morning workouts better. Gets me going for the day, and i don't feel as tired throughout it.

HID end all thread
Old 09-23-2015, 11:53 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Trying to "Get Swoll"

^ to add on to this.
Time a day has a big factor on what your goals are.

Putting on mass = afternoon/night time.
Leaning out= morning.
This is 100% true

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:23 AM   #81
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

I did feel like i was putting on mass better during summer.... Then again i was also eating considerably more since i was at home and not in an apartment scrounging for food. Probably good to change it up anyway.

HID end all thread
Old 11-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #82
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ok bump. Does anyone have a legit good basic workout plan they care to share (as in exercises and reps and stuff)? I've got my weight stabilized and cut out all the junk food and **** but I know personally I will not do **** unless I have a set plan.

I also have found I NEED a pre-workout to get any sort of meaningful workout done. I know at my best shape when I was deployed I was basically eating N0Expolde and protein. Anyone have a pre that legit works for them? I am really trying to lose 20lbs and then bulk up a bit for spring time but I know its a process for someone who has never really been into fitness...

Old 11-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

When I needed to drop a few pounds, I downloaded MyFitnessPal and used that to track my macronutrients and caloric intake. It's a bit of a pain at first finding the right items and measuring the quantities, but after a while it's easy and definitely works. Everyone's body is different, but what worked with me was setting a caloric deficit of 500 calories and splitting my lunch into two...so basically eating every few hours (oatmeal breakfast @ 7:30am, fruit snack @ 10am, lunch @ 12 & 3, granola snack @ 6, light dinner @ 9). Also, I made sure to have protein at every meal. A lot of protein...I weight 200 lbs and I eat about 150+ grams of protein a day, but never more than 30-40g in one sitting as I think that's the limit the body can process. This with steady lifting routine and just a little bit of HIIT 2 times a week (at the end of my workouts I'd run on the treadmill for 5 mins changing the speed from moderate jog to sprint every 30 seconds) let me shed weight without sacrificing muscle.

Everyone's body reacts differently to workouts. I tried a 3 day split and hated it. What works for me is Mon Back, Tues Chest, Wed rest, Thurs Legs/Shoulders, Fri Tri/Bi, Weekend either rest or abs/cardio or makeup day if I missed any. I usually lift heavy so 5-6 (Arms 6-8) exercises 3 sets 10 8 6 style and do at least one superset to get a nice burn. This works for me better than push/pull/legs or other splits I've tried as I can lift heavy until almost complete failure each day.

One thing to note is that it's really difficult to gain mass and lose fat at the same time, at least for me. So, I'll use the cold months to bulk up (lots of calories and healthy fats...and milk) with almost no cardio to put on mass and gain strength and then switch to more cardio and less calories to get rid of excess fat and get beach-ready. I tried cutting carbs out once and yes I looked more cut, but I had almost no energy and my lifting suffered a lot...so not worth it to me.

I think variation is key to breaking past plateaus at the gym. I alternate my supporting exercises (core like bench, pull-ups, deadlift, and squat I always do) to keep working muscles differently and for arms I use fat gripz on and off every few months - they definitely work for me. Having a buddy at the gym to lift with is always great, but not always possible. Angry music helps. Consistency and going at least 3-5 times a week every week will get you results. Everything Rapinator has said is also spot on.
VeryVeryEvilGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok bump. Does anyone have a legit good basic workout plan they care to share (as in exercises and reps and stuff)? I've got my weight stabilized and cut out all the junk food and **** but I know personally I will not do **** unless I have a set plan.

I also have found I NEED a pre-workout to get any sort of meaningful workout done. I know at my best shape when I was deployed I was basically eating N0Expolde and protein. Anyone have a pre that legit works for them? I am really trying to lose 20lbs and then bulk up a bit for spring time but I know its a process for someone who has never really been into fitness...

Bodybuilding.com is a great website with tons of resources. You can find a specific plan for what you want, just search around a bit. As far as what exercises to do, I used their exercise locator and sorted by rating and would start with those. Here's a link:
Bodybuilding.com - #1 Exercises Guide! Over 300+ Free Exercise Videos And Guides

Make sure you lift heaviest compound exercises first and then you can do the isolated movements. That means for chest, for example, I do in this order: flat bench, incline bench, dumbell fly/superset with flat or incline dumbell press, weighted dips, whatever machine press is available or cable flys, and finally pushups since these are higher rep and let you get a nice final pump before you're exhausted. Good luck!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Bodybuilding.com is a joke. There plans are cookie cutter plans.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #86
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Man I really wish Rap would tell us how he felt about things. It is always unclear and he is always on the fence about stuff.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Their exercise list is pretty good, though, for someone who wants additional exercises or to get familiar with proper form. I've never used any of their workout plans, but then again I've been lifting for years so I found what tends to work for me and what I enjoy. I think some of the workout plans can be useful to someone who's starting out and just needs some initial direction/routines to see what he likes.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #88
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well I want to score higher than I have in awhile on the AF PT test and that is literally just pushups, situps, waist and run. Mine is at the end of January. To that end, I am going to concentrate a lot on chest/triceps, running and trying to drop 15 or 20lbs. Right over the holidays lol.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #89
Registered Member

Regular

I hear thanksgiving is always a good time to start exercising and watching what you eat lol

Old 11-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Definitely give HIIT a shot after your workouts. I noticed it is more effective than just running at the same speed for me. It'll help a lot with dropping the weight. How often can you make it to the gym, btw? Dropping 15-20 lbs in a few months is very very aggressive. You can try this 3 day split + cardio:

Push/Pull/Legs:

Monday:
Flat Dumbell Press
Incline Bench
Close-grip bench press
Skull crushers
Shoulder press

Tuesday:
Various cardio (HIIT mostly, but also some stairs/bike, whatever you find more enjoyable)

Wednesday:
Pullups (use the assistant if your gym has one of those machines) If not, then substitute Lat Pulldown.
Bent-over Row
Dumbell Rows
Standing barbell curl
Hammer curls

Thursday:
Various cardio (HIIT mostly, but also some stairs/bike, whatever you find more enjoyable)

Friday:
Squats
Deadlift (some people don't like doing squats and deadlifts on same day. I like it. Try it out, if not then alternate one week squat next week deadlift)
Hack Squat
Romanian Deadlifts/straight leg deadlifts
Planks
Pushups

Weekend
Rest or go for a run

Personally, I prefer breaking the muscle groups out so each has its own day, but if you really want to lose the weight you have to crush it on the cardio. Make sure you find the workout enjoyable. If you hate it, you'll drop it. Consistency is key. I don't know much about supplements as I only take whey protein (musclepharm is my fav) after my workouts, but earlier in this thread there were some good suggestions. Someone else can chime in about that as I'm sure a good pre-workout and fat burner might benefit you for meeting the tight deadline. Good luck!
Old 11-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #91
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I hear thanksgiving is always a good time to start exercising and watching what you eat lol

Just hit a 3 hour gym session right before its time to have that turkey dinner and you will be golden lol.

HID end all thread
Old 11-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #92
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryVeryEvilGuy View Post
Definitely give HIIT a shot after your workouts. I noticed it is more effective than just running at the same speed for me. It'll help a lot with dropping the weight. How often can you make it to the gym, btw? Dropping 15-20 lbs in a few months is very very aggressive. You can try this 3 day split + cardio:

Push/Pull/Legs:

Monday:
Flat Dumbell Press
Incline Bench
Close-grip bench press
Skull crushers
Shoulder press

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
Pullups (use the assistant if your gym has one of those machines) If not, then substitute Lat Pulldown.
Bent-over Row
Dumbell Rows
Standing barbell curl
Hammer curls

Thursday:

Friday:
Squats
Deadlift (some people don't like doing squats and deadlifts on same day. I like it. Try it out, if not then alternate one week squat next week deadlift)
Hack Squat
Romanian Deadlifts/straight leg deadlifts
Planks
Pushups

Weekend
Rest or go for a run

Personally, I prefer breaking the muscle groups out so each has its own day, but if you really want to lose the weight you have to crush it on the cardio. Make sure you find the workout enjoyable. If you hate it, you'll drop it. Consistency is key. I don't know much about supplements as I only take whey protein (musclepharm is my fav) after my workouts, but earlier in this thread there were some good suggestions. Someone else can chime in about that as I'm sure a good pre-workout and fat burner might benefit you for meeting the tight deadline. Good luck!
Thanks! I'm going to give this a shot. Worst case if I follow it (or modify it slightly) and I hate it I'll still get in much better shape and maybe drop some weight. I know I'm not 18 anymore obviously, I dropped 30lbs in a month when I was 18 tho lol. 195 to 165 via the legit ephedrine Stacker 2s when they were legal and a LOT of running and 1500 calories a day. Had to get ready for BMT.

Looks like a plan similar to what I did when I was deployed in 2009 that worked well for me though and I can't find the records I kept during that deployment anywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Just hit a 3 hour gym session right before its time to have that turkey dinner and you will be golden lol.
Haha nah, that's the one day of the year that even fitness nuts generally just pig out. At least in my experience.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm 5'9..210 under 10%. I work out 2 or 3 times a week, no cardio. I eat pretty much anything I want most of the time. Ill leave a pic and you can see I'm telling the truth. You just gotta want it bad enough. You're welcome to Pm me and ask anything you want. Pic was this morning in Altoona Pa planet fitness.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447898608.697279.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	424.6 KB
ID:	193734

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
medusasdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #94
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusasdelta View Post
I'm 5'9..210 under 10%. I work out 2 or 3 times a week, no cardio. I eat pretty much anything I want most of the time. Ill leave a pic and you can see I'm telling the truth. You just gotta want it bad enough. You're welcome to Pm me and ask anything you want. Pic was this morning in Altoona Pa planet fitness.
Attachment 193734

Holy crap. Same height, but 158lbs. I work out 5 times a week. How the hell do you do it? lol

HID end all thread
Old 11-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #95
Staff
Regular
Staff

Post another pic of you with a piece of paper with the date and "MustangEvolution" written on it and then I'll believe it.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:36 PM   #96
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Post another pic of you with a piece of paper with the date and "MustangEvolution" written on it and then I'll believe it.
Lol no kidding

Old 11-18-2015, 11:30 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Lol!!!! Errr who's laughing now. I make 500 a week with this body too

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447910975.620940.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	193737

Old 11-18-2015, 11:30 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Trying to "Get Swoll"

That's straight atta bed too punk assss

Old 11-18-2015, 11:33 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have a feeling he left out "steroids as part of the workout"
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447911357.397323.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	452.0 KB
ID:	193739

Last week, before I started cutting...you want me to keep going you cocky little fu*k?

Old 11-18-2015, 11:39 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
You are really coming across as a prick
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Trying to "Get Swoll"

Im sorry! I just get angry when people have to doubt everything. Why would I lie?

Old 11-19-2015, 12:12 AM   #103
Registered Member

Regular

The workout 3 times a week and eat whatever I want and look like this makes it hard to believe and easy to doubt. Good for you though I suppose

Old 11-19-2015, 04:22 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I have a feeling he left out "steroids as part of the workout"

And??? Don't hate

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:48 AM   #105
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusasdelta View Post
Im sorry! I just get angry when people have to doubt everything. Why would I lie?

Because everyone is an internet warrior these days lol. Its easy to doubt when someone looks like a magazine cover and says they workout 2-3 times a week. Still kinda having a hard time believing only 2-3 times a week workout and that's it to get those results but whatevs, the results are there whatever you are doing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar