Fall/Winter Car Preparation in Florida - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Fall/Winter Car Preparation in Florida

Okay guys, its September, and the colder season is rolling in. I thought it might be helpful to share any advice for preparing for the season in Florida.

I like to keep a light jacket in the backseat. Sometimes it might get a little chilly outside by surprise, and you always want to be prepared and comfortable.

Tire Gauge - with the cold winter season of Florida, you may notice a drop in about half a psi in your tires, so make sure you keep them topped up.

One thing people usually overlook, is extra window motors. This is the time of year to roll the windows down, and you don't wanna get stuck with a broken window motor. You'll find yourself rolling them down more often, and this might be the time you realize that one doesn't work any more. Kinda like the summer and wiper blades.

The trunk: you wanna make sure you have extra trunk space. A lot of things going on sale, and every year "Black Friday" gets earlier and earlier. So if you stumble upon the perfect gift for someone, you don't wanna be the guy that doesn't have room in his car to store it. The last thing you don't want your girlfriend to see is her extra special Christmas gift in the back seat that you snagged on clearance.

S̶p̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶n̶k̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶a̶h̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶1̶2̶v̶ ̶v̶a̶c̶u̶u̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶a̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶n̶d̶.̶ -Nevermind, your still gonna need it.

Along with Black Friday coming earlier every year, so does Pumpkin Spice everything. So grab some scotch guard if you have cloth seats. Especially for your passenger seat. Pumpkin Spice latte's are great, but the stains suck.

Windshield washer fluid - During the summer season, we get enough rain to run our wiper blades all season long, and don't find as much use in washer fluid. But now that the rain is going away, you may notice a buildup of dust and dirt from the lack of rainwater. so don't forget to fill up the reservoir and keep that windshield nice and clean.

I'm sure there's plenty more to add so feel free to post. Just wanna look out for my fellow Florida drivers, and make sure we're all prepared for another harsh Florida winter season!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:03 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

September is the mild Love Bug season in Florida (here's a link to those unfamiliar with the pests: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug), so have your bucket of suds and wash mitt handy each day; then enjoy October through January: our cool weather season.

However, it's also when the slow northern snow birds enter the state.
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
And don't forget, you can switch to 87 octane....no need for all that horsepower with the snowbirds on the roads.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ideally, I would like to be driving a winter beater car, so that my mustang is safe from all the snowbirds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-16-2015, 03:23 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixignition View Post
Ideally, I would like to be driving a winter beater car, so that my mustang is safe from all the snowbirds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Don't do that; it gives them the idea that they own Florida. We don't want that.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Don't do that; it gives them the idea that they own Florida. We don't want that.
touche.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Don't forget with our harsh winters to allow your car to come up to operating temperate before you set off on your daily grind. Minimum 10 minutes with the heater going full blast to warm up those leather seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:24 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater2111 View Post
Don't forget with our harsh winters to allow your car to come up to operating temperate before you set off on your daily grind. Minimum 10 minutes with the heater going full blast to warm up those leather seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Since this threads topic pertains to winterizing in Florida, we may still use the A/C to cool the leather seats down in the winter months!
Old 09-21-2015, 06:35 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

OH yea, Interior cleaner! With the windows open more frequently than usual, you want to make sure you keep the dash clean of any dust and dirt that gets in as you drive around town.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:38 AM   #11
Admin

Supporter
Admin

What's a heater?
Old 09-21-2015, 06:52 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
What's a heater?
Not sure. Something they use up north. maybe the device they use to salt the roads or something.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:00 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Heater = 🚬?

Sent from Rapinators trunk
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:53 AM   #14
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I hate you.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:09 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Just when I think I seen it all on a Forum

THIS COMES UP
It did get so cold one day here in Daytona that I had to turn the heater on. It did worry me because I don't know if my car has enough anti-freeze in it during the two 35 Degree days we had last winter.
I have Nitrogen in my tires so the pressure stayed just fine.
We did see a lot of 40/50 Degree days that I actually had to wear a jacket but they were few and far apart.
I do make sure my lights are all working because of the FALL BACK time change and it gets dark early.
I do like the changes of the seasons though from 90's/100's to 60's to 70's average with a few 80's and 85's in the winter.
I miss the snow ---Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Yes I do ---Ha! Ha! Ha!
Thank you for this post because it is a reminder that our harsh winter season is on it's way.
Ronnie

I sure hope you up North people don't want to come live here. We already have to many people.
Don't check this out:
http://www.daytonabeach.com/resources/weather/
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

LMAO... this is good fun for my Monday. I'm in Naples so I hear ya. I have officially adapted from up north. I will complain about how cold I am at least 3 times while it is still above 50 (and it will be 65-70 that day later anyway). I do love the windows down and exhaust resonating. And as for the snow birds... trust me, that's why I sold my motorcycle, they scare the hell out of me. That reminds me anyone know where I can pick this up for the snowbird season??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	191389  
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Here in clearwater/tampa area, i dont know if snowbirds even make a difference. the drivers out here are awful and dangerous year round.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I hate you.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags